• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Servine

Smash Cadet
Chill out, guys. Nothing is deconfirmed yet, and despite that, we get a bunch of cool alternate costumes and colors for a bunch of characters.
Not to mention, some costumes/colors may be unlockable, since not every character has at least 8 from the beginning. So let's just channel our hype for the few upcoming days until the Japanese release, because it's very likely that the roster will get fully leaked maybe even in the next 48 hours.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Lol. I saw people shouting "Bandana Lee deconfirmed" in the feed... Just something to think about (for those who haven't yet): If R.O.B.s being all over SSE in Brawl long before he was revealed (with the release of the game) didn't deconfirm R.O.B., it doesn't make any sense that this would deconfirm Bandana Lee.

I'm not saying get your hopes up, but this doesn't do anything to confirm or deconfirm him.
Tmw that was me .-.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
This is ridiculous! Dark Pit is going to be unique, and you have no arguments against him.

This is stupid. I'm sick of everyone acting like Dark Pit getting in is the end of the f***ing world, not to mention pretending that Dark Pit is just another bland, cloned version of another person. This is why half the people who hate on Bandana Dee are shrugged off as idiots, they don't bother to learn about the character before bashing them.

I'm seriously getting sick of this crap.

Besides that, we're concerned with Bandana Dee over here, not Dark Pit. And also, picture proof or it's fake, people.
thing is, imo, many of these other characters have dark versions like dark link and dark metaknight. Dark Metaknight is the same case of having unique attacks too but he's not his OWN character.

Wario I can understand but if dark characters are going to be made unique than why just Dark Pit? It can't help but get under some folk's skin.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
thing is, imo, many of these other characters have dark versions like dark link and dark metaknight. Dark Metaknight is the same case of having unique attacks too but he's not his OWN character.

Wario I can understand but if dark characters are going to be made unique than why just Dark Pit? It can't help but get under some folk's skin.
Sakurai bias and the fact KI Uprising has a crapton of weapons, there is no way Pit could use them all. All the Dark Pit fans think he will use weapons that Pit doesn't already have

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
'Walks in thread and sees raging, then slowly steps out.' :laugh:
But seriously guys, cool down. From what I've seen, there has been nothing so far to confirm or deconfirm Bandana Dee, so no need to rage about random stuff.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
GUYS.

Bandana Dee and Waddle Dees can co-exist.

Chandelure, just wondering, where and when did Zipzo say this?

• Waddle Dees still carry DDD in and are in his victory pose. Sorry.
This does not affect gameplay. If his Gordo Toss was kept as Waddle Dees, then we should have been concerned.

But really, is there any link or something from where you heard this? Not that I don't believe you, but I'm just curious.

Maikou

Smash Ace
thing is, imo, many of these other characters have dark versions like d
ark link and dark metaknight. Dark Metaknight is the same case of having unique attacks too but he's not his OWN character.

Sakurai bias and the fact KI Uprising has a crapton of weapons, there is no way Pit could use them all. All the Dark Pit fans think he will use weapons that Pit doesn't already have
No, no no no no NO! You don't get it at all. Dark Pit IS HIS OWN CHARACTER. Unlike every other Dark Version ever, Dark Pit isn't just a clone of Pit made totally evil, that was just what he was INTENDED to be by the in-game story. But instead, he's moreso Pit's twin brother. He f***ing BACKHANDED Pandora when she tried to boss him around, killed her ALONGSIDE PIT, STOLE HER POWERS, later on JOINED ON PIT'S SIDE TO SAVE PALUTENA, and then RIGHT AFTER THAT, KILLED THE NEWLY REVIVED AMAZON PANDORA AT THE COST OF HIS OWN POWERS TO SAVE THE DYING PIT.

Take all that into your mind and THEN tell me he's "just a pallete swap" or "just another evil doppelganger" or "just another 'dark' character" or "can't use different weapons" Dark Pit isn't a clone, not by the regular standards anyway. Sure, besides a few minor physical differences and the obvious pallete change, Dark Pit doesn't LOOK any different, but just LOOKING the same doesn't mean anything. I'd understand if this hate was directed at the SHADOW PITS, which are basically just shadows that look like Pit, but this is the CHARACTER who defied the cliches and became unique.

The clone argument is just like the generic Waddle Dee argument. Those who use it know NOTHING of the character itself, only what they ASSUME based on the name and design.

And concluding this little rant, I'd like to say that WADDLE DEES MEAN NOTHING FOR BANDANA. He is a unique character who is master of the Spear, not an enemy.

I think I've made my point. I apoligize for straying off topic, and if anyone would like to respond, send me a private message over Conversations. Thank you, good day.

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
No, no no no no NO! You don't get it at all. Dark Pit IS HIS OWN CHARACTER. Unlike every other Dark Version ever, Dark Pit isn't just a clone of Pit made totally evil, that was just what he was INTENDED to be by the in-game story. But instead, he's moreso Pit's twin brother. He f***ing BACKHANDED Pandora when she tried to boss him around, killed her ALONGSIDE PIT, STOLE HER POWERS, later on JOINED ON PIT'S SIDE TO SAVE PALUTENA, and then RIGHT AFTER THAT, KILLED THE NEWLY REVIVED AMAZON PANDORA AT THE COST OF HIS OWN POWERS TO SAVE THE DYING PIT.

Take all that into your mind and THEN tell me he's "just a pallete swap" or "just another evil doppelganger" or "just another 'dark' character" or "can't use different weapons" Dark Pit isn't a clone, not by the regular standards anyway. Sure, besides a few minor physical differences and the obvious pallete change, Dark Pit doesn't LOOK any different, but just LOOKING the same doesn't mean anything. I'd understand if this hate was directed at the SHADOW PITS, which are basically just shadows that look like Pit, but this is the CHARACTER who defied the cliches and became unique.

The clone argument is just like the generic Waddle Dee argument. Those who use it know NOTHING of the character itself, only what they ASSUME based on the name and design.

And concluding this little rant, I'd like to say that WADDLE DEES MEAN NOTHING FOR BANDANA. He is a unique character who is master of the Spear, not an enemy.

I think I've made my point. I apoligize for straying off topic, and if anyone would like to respond, send me a private message over Conversations. Thank you, good day.
and dark samus is a completley different character too, but she was demoted to assist trophy. To be honest I don't care if they are unique, I hate when dark charcters are playble charcters, in the next kirby game say dark kirby was playable over bandana dee, I would flip, I also never bothered to play kirby fighters deluxe on very hard, because I don't want shadow kirby to be playable, I wanted him as the boss again, I guess I just have something against, shadow chars, also in the last page or so, I apologized incase you didn't notice.

(I think i'm just mad because charcters are taking up spots bandana dee can use)

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I was just on Zipzo's stream!

• Me: Has the Blue Bandana wearing Waddle Dee shown up at all?

• Zipzo: I have not seen the Blue Bandana wearing Waddle Dee, but I (hard to understand this part, people in my house made noise)

I think what he said was that the regular ones were in his victory pose and the other stuff, but he hasn't seen Bandana Dee!!

This is good news! We're still good!

EDIT: Since I couldn't hear the last part, I asked him again for clarification:

Yes, there are Waddle Dees, DDD's intro, victory pose

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@ Maikou Maikou @ Enderman1021 Enderman1021 Calm Down This Is The Bandana dee thread not the Dark Pit theard even so we all have feelings towards some characters

Last edited by a moderator:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

Still he's only in one game... if he's in and Bandana Dee who has been REALLY been establishing himself in the Kirby franchise doesn't get in, I'd be super disappointed. I'd still call bias.

I would rather have Bandana Dee over Dark Pit. I just think certain characters should have been considered more before hand.

Considering Bandana Dee isn't deconfirmed yet I am still threading cautiously.

Also does anyone think that no Galacta Knight/Dark Metanight/Masked Dedede can hurt Bandana Dee's chances and confirm that Sakurai still harbors less interest in modern Kirby? I'm still optimistic but I know this is something that has been a concern as well.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I was just on Zipzo's stream!

• Me: Has the Blue Bandana wearing Waddle Dee shown up at all?

• Zipzo: I have not seen the Blue Bandana wearing Waddle Dee, but I (hard to understand this part, people in my house made noise)

I think what he said was that the regular ones were in his victory pose and the other stuff, but he hasn't seen Bandana Dee!!

This is good news! We're still good!

EDIT: Since I couldn't hear the last part, I asked him again for clarification:

Yes, there are Waddle Dees, DDD's intro, victory pose
Aw yeah! Bandana Dee survives another possible deconfirmation!
http://gfycat.com/ActualFeistyBettong#?format=gif
:laugh:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Ugh, I'm tired of all this leaks, hints, bias, random things! AAAAAH!
Just show the characters, Sakurai!

OK...I'm going to say what I think and as the owner of this thread and huge Bandana Dee supporter...it will sound a little bad. But, sadly, I think that Bandana Dee is not going to be in the initial roster of this game and I don't even know if DLC will be a thing or if Sakurai would add him.
Yeah, I said that, maybe because I'm sick of all this speculation and things, but that's what I think right now.

I'm prepared for the worst, but hope for the best.

Dr. Canadian Bacon

Smash Cadet
Now Now, Chandelure, we still have a week to wait ;)

And by week I mean a couple days before the whole thing is leaked.

BUT BANDANA DEE IS STILL GOIN'
Literally no signs of the guy, it's obvious that he has SOMETHING going on.
he's gotta be there... just gotta.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Now Now, Chandelure, we still have a week to wait ;)

And by week I mean a couple days before the whole thing is leaked.

BUT BANDANA DEE IS STILL GOIN'
Literally no signs of the guy, it's obvious that he has SOMETHING going on.
he's gotta be there... just gotta.
I guess we can just be glad that Bandana Dee isn't a character Sakurai is playing head games with like he is with Ridley, etc. There's also be no quick dashing of hope like with Ghirahim. He's either in or not and that at least gives us something to look forward to is ANY inclusion. No messing around. Considering that HAL is using Bandana Dee a lot, it's safe to say that whether he makes it into sm4sh or not, there's a STRONG probability he's Kirby's next rep for sure. I feel it is a FACT that eventually B-Dee will be playable and that's more than can be say about some other characters

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I understand, but by clone, I mean they have pretty much the same models. I will gladly accept Dark Pit as long as he isn't a clone in smash terms.

BACK THE THE DEE!
We need a taunt with him tripping. It adds to the cute factor

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Theres a trophy of it at least.

What irks me is that it has a moveset that be translated from Return to Dreamland. It also has a basic design so texture wise it wouldn't be hard to put into the game.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Theres a trophy of it at least.

What irks me is that it has a moveset that be translated from Return to Dreamland. It also has a basic design so texture wise it wouldn't be hard to put into the game.
This though. Bandana Dee is such an easy character to pop into Smash. He already plays like a smash character since he comes from a KSS influenced title like RtDL. He's got a moveset with his spear ability that would just work well for elaborating on a smash moveset. Hell even his spearcopter is the prefect recovery.

Like it's right there Smash team! Just go with it.. lolol

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
What would its final smash be? Something cool and flashy, but enough for the game to handle.
A lot of us really liked the idea of a Megaton Punch in reference to his first appearance in KSS. He can smash down and we contemplated him sending waves out from the sides that could push opponents away. Those directly in the area he punches can be sent flying to their dooms. I really like the idea of refrencing that game.

There's also people who suggested things like Waddle Tanks and spears raining down.

There's also the fact that Dedede isn't using his old Smash anymore... so maybe as Spear Captain, Bandana Dee can send out a troop of Waddle Dees in Dedede's place.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've heard some people say that Shulk takes away from Bandana Dee because he is a long range sword-fighter and some moves could look like Bandana Dee's, which is not the case.
The spear has the sweetspot on the tip, it has to be thrusted, and Bandana Dee can't just throw it out there, it has to be precise. Besides, Shulk's gimmick is the Monado change, while Bandana Dee's could be a spear, Assist Stars, or both.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
What would its final smash be? Something cool and flashy, but enough for the game to handle.
I want it to be Giga Bandana Dee. Or maybe a powerful punch (Megaton Punch) to the ground causing the ground to shake or something since he did that in a miningame apparently.

Last edited:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Only if it comes with the animation of him jumping into the air (off screen) surrounded with the aura, zooming on it at different angles, then coming back down like a meteor (With a KIRBY IS HARDCORE IN AMERICA FACE) before causing a shock wave of earth-shattering proportions!

It will do 39 damage like other final smashes but have huge knockback.

It also could go through floating platforms but not solid stage.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I think he should call his fellow members of his species not like dededes final in brawl but more like what he did in this cutscene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0urz7HlX__4 go to 0:56 except the opponent goes flying away instead
God I love that cutscene. I loved the SSE cutscenes in general. I'm going to really miss cutscenes and SSE style mode. I was of the few people who liked it hahaha.

Morbi

Scavenger
I've heard some people say that Shulk takes away from Bandana Dee because he is a long range sword-fighter and some moves could look like Bandana Dee's, which is not the case.
The spear has the sweetspot on the tip, it has to be thrusted, and Bandana Dee can't just throw it out there, it has to be precise. Besides, Shulk's gimmick is the Monado change, while Bandana Dee's could be a spear, Assist Stars, or both.
Honestly, Palutena takes more away from Bandanna Dee, which is not much. He still has his niche.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
The only sure fire away Dee doesn't stand a chance is if a Fire Emblem spear user like Ephraim gets in.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
@ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen was the one who said Zipzo said there was no Waddle Dees in King Dedede's victory screen. He didn't link the actual post and I couldn't find it though.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I think Bandana Dee has a 40% chance of being in.

However I thought that Robin had 40% chance of being in.

So take that as you will.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Oh guys I beat Triple Deluxe yesterday. Gonna try and beat the Arena this week.

Pyribbot is such a pain.

Especially when he turns himself into a Pinball.

Last edited:
Top Bottom