• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
As Bandana Dee hadn't appeared in Kirby's Dream Land, I would prefer he doesn't have a Dream Land alt costume. Meta Knight doesn't have a "Kirby's Dream Land" palette, as he didn't appear in the games. Bandana Dee shouldn't get any extra treatment, and if he got a "Kirby's Dream Land" palette for the fact that Waddle Dee's are in the game, that would basically be saying he is the same as a standard Waddle Dee.

Also, Golden Bandana Dee wouldn't work, as it has a metallic sheen. We have the Metal Box, so "Tough Waddle Dee" couldn't be an alternate costume, and we have Golden Plains (that may be the wrong name) which turns you golden when you get enough coins. A palette swap that resembles Golden Waddle Dee could work, but I would expect the Kirby and the Rainbow Curse Bandana Dee colors.
While you do bring up a good point, what if the alternate made only his body gold, and not his Bandana? And then when he collects the coins on the Golden Plains stage, it can make all of his features gold rather than just his body.

I think the difference is the character gets a metallic reflection on their body as opposed to just the colors being changed.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
How Kirby: Triple Deluxe should have gone:

"Majesty! Your Majesty Sectonia!"

"Oh, glorious Sectonia!
Please come to my resc--"

"**** u u failed me"

"LOOKS LIKE WE'RE BLASTING OFF AGAAAIIIIINNNN!"

---

EDIT: WOAH I WONDER WHO THE TOP COMMENT IS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaP4XONzP88

WHOS THAT POKEMON

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what I listen to when waiting for BDee? Listen to Kirby boss themes, they are pretty much always good!
I listen to some Xenoblade music, You Will Know Our Names to be specific. Mainly because the detractors will know Bandana Dee's name isn't Waddle Dee! And its pretty dang good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I came from Zipzo discussion and ask about assist trophy.
I'm very happy that Bandana Dee is still very hype. I'm expecting many but many characters in Smash 4. I was expecting less but the possibility having a lot, is exciting!
Now the question is.... Where bandana dee?
We wait for now, because the release of the game is coming closer, closer of our journey for all the Bandana Bridage group! The truth will be revelead.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
You all know what would be cool?
If Bandanna Dee had both a spear and a parasol.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
You all know what would be cool?
If Bandanna Dee had both a spear and a parasol.
This is whyI think it would make sense if his spear was engineered to turn into a parasol in Smash.

I mean if Dedede's hammer is actually a machine, why not have the spear act as a parasol?

D

Deleted member

This is whyI think it would make sense if his spear was engineered to turn into a parasol in Smash.

I mean if Dedede's hammer is actually a machine, why not have the spear act as a parasol?
Probably because Bandana Dee doesn't use a parasol at all, and he doesn't need it to have a completely unique moveset. I'm not against it, I just think that since Peach doesn't use her parasol for any actual attacks, why should Bandana Dee? But if it did act as a parasol, it better turn into beam's wand :estatic:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Probably because Bandana Dee doesn't use a parasol at all, and he doesn't need it to have a completely unique moveset. I'm not against it, I just think that since Peach doesn't use her parasol for any actual attacks, why should Bandana Dee? But if it did act as a parasol, it better turn into beam's wand :estatic:
I'm just saying that since Waddle Dees are commonly depicted with using Parasols and Spears, mixing the two into one weapon for a playable Waddle Dee to use isn't that far-fetched of an idea.

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
He should be there!!! I love wadlee dee!!! I think that if Kid Icarus has 3 rep, Mario 7, kirby needs to have more reps.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I think Bandana Dee should only use a parasol for his down B, which should be a reflector move.
Also:
image.jpg

One day, it'll be Bandana Dee there instead of Metaknight, except like this:
Kirby: (hugs Bandana Dee) Yay, you're in smash!
Bandana Dee: (happy eyes)
:laugh:

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I'm just saying that since Waddle Dees are commonly depicted with using Parasols and Spears, mixing the two into one weapon for a playable Waddle Dee to use isn't that far-fetched of an idea.
A lot of King Dedede's hammer based moves are impacted by Masked Dedede.

Personally I think the Parasol should only be used for either a shield or customizable move.

Bandana Dee never actually uses the parasol in the games, though.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
A lot of King Dedede's hammer based moves are impacted by Masked Dedede.

Personally I think the Parasol should only be used for either a shield or customizable move.

Bandana Dee never actually uses the parasol in the games, though.
and Robin never uses Nosferatu as a tactician in Awakening, but that's not a problem is it?

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
and Robin never uses Nosferatu as a tactician in Awakening, but that's not a problem is it?
You have a good point, but Robin only uses it for one move. Like I said, I'm okay with the parasol being used for a shield, customizable move or something, but I feel like it isn't necessary to come up with a unique moveset for him.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I just want to say, I am a rare case. I support Bandana Dee yet I don't want Ridley

Top Bottom