• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Handorin

Smash Hero
VTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Teamsies at SMYM?
Also, when are you getting into Memphis tonight?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Are you guys gonna go to this? I'm definitely gonna try to make it. There's nothing like showing some scrubs and Brawl people how Melee's done.
Ehhh, I dunno I may try and make it. I haven't checked it out too much then, and we both know that now there's a new and stronger competition than smash that's gunning for my attendance on the weekends :x

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Well I see the A.R.K. thing made it to the smash boards, I logged to ask if any of you guys were attending. Well they're suppose to be voting on soul calibur 4 and if that's the case I'm going now that I have transportation. I'm also prolly gonna end up doing brawl and TvC also. Well we'll see how it goes.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Well I see the A.R.K. thing made it to the smash boards, I logged to ask if any of you guys were attending. Well they're suppose to be voting on soul calibur 4 and if that's the case I'm going now that I have transportation. I'm also prolly gonna end up doing brawl and TvC also. Well we'll see how it goes.
I dunno Sho, I'm not all into the brawl scene but I wouldn't mind playing some melee or something. it all depends on what I got going on that weekend.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm going through all the footage and pulling out any and all clips. Then I'll assemble them into whatever combo videos you guys want after.

edit: wow, that venue is like five minutes from your apartment. bad memories :(

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
That was fun.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268814

Chad Russo kind of destroyed loser's. Actually, both him and Jack lost first round winner's on the same side of the bracket and were advancing on each other (to loser's semis) until Vanz interfered. +1 i beat darkrain and all i got was $10

And now - his story: My pool was Chexr, Matt R, Ray Chun, AnDaLe, David, and Foxxy. Top 4 advanced and I squeezed through. First round bracket was against some guy named Chris. I went Fox, Marth, and Falcon in that order against his Falcon... third round some people came over (crewmates?) to support him. I was edgehogging him (he recovered too low on Battlefield and was dead), but as per usual a great decision to unnecessarily drop down reverse knee resulted in me getting grabbed by his up-b and jettisoned against the stage (no tech). That was my last stock :( Crew guys congratulated him on the win (proclaimed "lucky as ****"). It was too lulzy for me to be salty about it though. Loser's bracket I beat "Book" and then lost to Joot in 1) MarthvFalcon and 2) Falcon dittos of the B and Smash moves-only variety. Good times.

edit (interesting aside): my pool was three sheiks, 1.5 puffs, and 2.5 foxes. in bracket i faced only falcons.

Hacked Melee was generally a success (darkrain was liking the Falcons) although VTS still claims it changes the gameplay somehow. Speaking of, I guess he can tell you how he did (lololooooooool :p)

tl;dr chad is a boss and midsouth is fun when not separated by distance and dragon's fire

Vts

Smash Champion
Hacked Melee was generally a success (darkrain was liking the Falcons) although VTS still claims it changes the gameplay somehow. Speaking of, I guess he can tell you how he did (lololooooooool :p)
list of people and what they places who were in my pool
3: Trail- ice climbers
7: Darkrain - falcon
17: Quaz- peach
17: Jace-Falcon

WTF stacked pools much?

other guy was zboo and he was a falcon.

i mega choked even darkrain said i wasn't playing on game at all.

my pride was hurt that day, so very very much

now let's compare arby's pool of who placed ;D
5: chexr - fox
17: Matt R
33: Ray Chun- sheik
33: ARBY

I wanted ur pool so baddly lol

j00t

Smash Champion
My pool was easier than both of yours, lol. I got 3rd seed but ended up outplacing everyone who made it out of my pool.

This was definitely the weirdest tourney I've been to. I think my pool was so easy because the TO was in my pool (lol).

Vts

Smash Champion
My pool was easier than both of yours, lol. I got 3rd seed but ended up outplacing everyone who made it out of my pool.

This was definitely the weirdest tourney I've been to. I think my pool was so easy because the TO was in my pool (lol).
Yeah i edited ur pool to have DoH and then it got changed....

stupid TOs o wait i'm one.

so much for making pools little more balanced :D

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
list of people and what they places who were in my pool
3: Trail- ice climbers
7: Darkrain - falcon
17: Quaz- peach
17: Jace-Falcon

WTF stacked pools much?

other guy was zboo and he was a falcon.

i mega choked even darkrain said i wasn't playing on game at all.

my pride was hurt that day, so very very much

now let's compare arby's pool of who placed ;D
5: chexr - fox
17: Matt R
33: Ray Chun- sheik
33: ARBY

I wanted ur pool so baddly lol
oh no you didn't! :p

let's compare losses:
3. Trail - lost to jman & kels
7. darkrain - lost to kels & chad
17. Quaz - lost to jman & vanz
17. Jace - lost to chexr & chad

5. Chexr - lost to trail & chad
17. Matt R - lost to jman & drephen
33. Ray Chun - lost to darkrain & quaz

implying some kind of qualitative measure of our respective pools through results doesn't really work here -- the same people largely eliminated both groups. taking into consideration whom each player beat should also be done excepting my apathy towards the whole thing (as i write this post lol). anyway, andale (the other puff besides chexr) was a favorite to get out of our pool (check the shoutouts thread). it was going to be either one of us, but i won our set (missed rests are cool - everyone is saying he choked in pools, and i would have to agree) and so ended up one set ahead of him. besides, isn't sheik a weaker matchup for you? if so, you would not have wanted this pool at all.

edit: i also had seven in my pool while it seems you only had six. w/e, our placements aren't worth worrying about considering how we aren't even good at the game yet. just note that i am not arguing my pool was harder than yours. that is subjective to each of us and entirely too dependent on circumstance. however, truthfully considering my lackluster play at the tourney, it was by no means easy street to even get where i did (ok, not being in the stacked bottom half of the bracket helped a little).

both of our pools were harder than some others, but you weren't playing well in any case so i don't know if being in mine would have meant much.

just think about tomorrow; it clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow (you'll do fine next time ;))

vts got a ticket for speeding in the rain on a huge hill with no limit signs in sight. afterwards, we discovered (as a result of my handorin-level guidance skills) that you should never, ever go to cairo, illinois. it is the stuff of nightmares.

edit 2: maybe it is the sleep deprivation, but i am finding this post defending my scrub placing to be some serious lulz.

especially with stuff like this floating around
who the **** is pikachad? and why have I never heard of him?
there is something of actual importance to the midsouth. it almost seems like deja vu of tipped off 5 with the performing really well under an assumed tag...

of relevance to the arkansas chat: did you guys notice we hit 5000 posts on the last page? chamberlin got it :(

Handorin

Smash Hero
vts got a ticket for speeding in the rain on a huge hill with no limit signs in sight. afterwards, we discovered (as a result of my handorin-level guidance skills) that you should never, ever go to cairo, illinois. it is the stuff of nightmares.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
So my apartment seems to have gained an inflatable sex doll (that is inexplicably shaped like a mattress) and a (presumably Swedish-made) ***** enlarger pump over the weekend. Just in case anyone was wondering about their whereabouts.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
If you guys ever came over to play with me anymore
you know what's up with that

or actually would WAKE UP when I get to your dorm and wanna play for a bit
>_______>

our sleep schedules are messed up. we didn't go to sleep until 8 that morning, but will has the drive to get out of bed anyway. i was barely aware of your presence

i'm staying up through the day to get back on track though

Top Bottom