• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Handorin

Smash Hero
That's cool if you don't mind it. The times were allowed to have guest checked in are 8:00am to 12:00am. So, there is a lot of time to hang out as well a 8 hours set aside for sleeping :)
We could hang out in the dorm from 8am-12am, then hang out at steak n shake/ihop between 1am-8am.

Sounds good.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Depending on the day and time I may be able to work out a little something with housing. Just depends on mine and the resident's of the apartments schedules.
If you and chamie housing peeps this weekend I could pay a visit one of those days if I'm not in Atl. I just want something to do this week/weekend of our spring break.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
If you and chamie housing peeps this weekend I could pay a visit one of those days if I'm not in Atl. I just want something to do this week/weekend of our spring break.
The house is neither mine nor Chammies alone, so I really can't make a decision for the whole house. The household isn't made up of gamers, and often times we have church functions which would leave conflicting schedules. We'll really just have to see.

The only thing I know for SURE, is that next weekend is absolutely the worst possible time for visitors lol. My little brother, as well as several other church buddies will probably be crashing at my place and I really think between that and catching up with them, there won't be any smash happening on the weekend of 4/2 - 4/4. Oh, and it's possible that a good female friend of mine may be there as well, only adding to the complexity of the situation.

...yeah. Just a heads up about the NEXT weekend smash schedule lol.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, quick heads up.
There's been a proposal to up the tournament fee of the Smash tournies for the A.R.K. tourney (4/3/10) to $10/game. Any feedback? How many of you would definitely be up for that vs. how many people would definitely NOT be up for that? We'll either do or don't do it based on feedback from the community.

(Link to the tourney: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268485)

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Hey guys, quick heads up.
There's been a proposal to up the tournament fee of the Smash tournies for the A.R.K. tourney (4/3/10) to $10/game. Any feedback? How many of you would definitely be up for that vs. how many people would definitely NOT be up for that? We'll either do or don't do it based on feedback from the community.

(Link to the tourney: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268485)
If you increase the fee, more people might show up because there is more money to win, but it could also make people not come. IDK, ether way I am going.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
hey vice, do you want these new ganon combos i hear about in the health inspector or your own vid? i still don't know where to draw the line.
Man, I'm not exactly sure. How long is the health inspector? Is it just a short promo combo vid or is it some full length thingy?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
idk yet, still working through the footage. i might finish watching it all by tonight?
Gahh. I really want my own video, since I know for a fact that it will be probably my first/last and only smash combo video that I'll get out. How bout on all the clips for me, we make a short good one for me and scatter some repeats in here and there with Health Inspector?

I dunno, could we just use me in the health inspector, then sync the same combos (mixed up and resynced to another song with "some" additional ones that weren't in the H.I.) up in another strictly G.Vice vid?

...:x

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
How bout on all the clips for me, we make a short good one for me and scatter some repeats in here and there with Health Inspector?
so you want to make your video out of what you have now? this would include the biweeklies and what you got today.

i think i'll just find all your clips and then pick a few based on syncing, since i imagine you would rather not have too many repeats with the vice-specific video with your own music.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
so you want to make your video out of what you have now? this would include the biweeklies and what you got today.

i think i'll just find all your clips and then pick a few based on syncing, since i imagine you would rather not have too many repeats with the vice-specific video with your own music.
Aight sounds good. I mean, I got my song "Superbeast" picked out by Rob Zombie to go with the Vice vid. In addition, I can try to stop by you guys' dorm like maybe once a week to record some. And I'll play only Ganon :'(

G. Vice

Smash Lord
you may dry up your creative juices doing that. i have noticed that i have to play fox sometimes or falcon stops working entirely.

maybe you don't have that problem :(

edit: I completely forgot about the chair-busting combo. tooo good
That was a good combo. And I dunno, I just love playing falcon and stuff. Besides I wouldn't say I'm creative anyway. I just am random and I try to FAir and BAir alot :x

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
yeah, but that's what every ganon tries to do. he can't variate too much or he becomes even worse than he already is. you at least get creative in movement and approach >:[

G. Vice

Smash Lord
You make it sound like you are going to quit melee. :'(
I dunno man, I just don't know how much longer my life will allow me to keep playing it. I mean I've already cut back alot, and I just can't promise how much i'll be playing in the future. Don't worry though, I'm not planning on making a conscience effort of quitting.

Handorin

Smash Hero
You can't quit melee. There just may be times you can't play it as much. It's only a matter of time till it comes back.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
You can't quit melee. There just may be times you can't play it as much. It's only a matter of time till it comes back.
This is true. So instead of quit, I like to use the term rarely play lol.

But yeah, no worries. G.Vice isn't going anywhere soon...I don't think.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Arby, what video settings do you use to record/put on youtube?
after months of trial and tribulation, I found an optimal encoding for recording in avi (mpeg4/mp3) with my setup, but then something curious happened, and I had to start over. now for convenience, I record in mpeg2 (16:9 for youtube widescreen) and render in the same with sony vegas ("best" video settings). I believe 44.1 kHz audio is also preferred for youtube.

it's a real shame, because "avi" looks so much better if you encode correctly :\. i'm just too lazy to go through it all again.

edit: where is my **** quagsire. i re-upped it and everything.

Top Bottom