• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nah, it's all good. I'm used to Xeno talking **** to me. :p

Anyway, bathroom humor aside, I just want to hear more trailer music. Chrom, anyone really. Mega Man's, Rosalina's, and especially Little Mac's got me so hyped.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So in that case, Chrom trailer music?

One of the Ablaze tracks definitely, but which one...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Purpose was always my favorite track from Awakening, but that's probably tied more to the Avatar. I don't know that it would be good for a reveal trailer, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
With March almost over, I feel the April Direct coming closer by the day. This may be our time, guys!

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
In terms of taking risky ventures into hypothetical guesswork, I will state this: given Awakening's one-year anniversary in April, if the coinciding Direct goes by without Chrom's (or with Lucina's) presence, then with the possible exception of E3 2014 or an Ike-like summer reveal, their chances for playability would be severely tarnished much in the way of Dixie Kong's absence back in February, although this does not entirely dis-confirm either of them. This would bode quite well for Roy, who would more-than-likely be announced at any given time (after Mewtwo, of course), or even The Avatar to a lesser extent, who is not a focal point of commercial advertisement for Awakening and could easily serve as a secret character. Nonetheless, I would give Chrom the hardened edge over those two in terms of likelihood.

If anything, while I still somewhat suspect a Chrom (or Chrom/Lucina) trailer during the April Direct, Sakurai seems to be strongly indicating Palutena, and could undertake that route instead (given how little-known Takamaru is, I would not expect him unless he is either among a cast of well-known characters for E3 or as a post-release secret character of the game). If that were the case, after the summer days cool off, then Chrom's chances would be diminished almost entirely.

In short, I do expect Chrom during the month of April, or even E3, but I will keep a cautiously wary eye on him if he is not.

(I recall, on the day of Little Mac's announcement, a vividly memorable dream in which both Palutena and Chrom were announced simultaneously, except Chrom was paired-up with Lissa and, much to any development team's nightmarish dismay, was given an impossible-to-implement Risen summoning move-set, as well as possessing regenerative properties of a healer and Lucina relegated as a Pokemon Trainer-esque background element. It was rather unconventionally bizarre, and nearly as dreadfully sickening as the Pikmin Trio).

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
(I recall, on the day of Little Mac's announcement, a vividly memorable dream in which both Palutena and Chrom were announced simultaneously, except Chrom was paired-up with Lissa and, much to any development team's nightmarish dismay, was given an impossible-to-implement Risen summoning move-set, as well as possessing regenerative properties of a healer and Lucina relegated as a Pokemon Trainer-esque background element. It was rather unconventionally bizarre, and nearly as dreadfully sickening as the Pikmin Trio).
That's a...really odd dream, haha. It would be interesting if two newcomers were revealed in the same set of trailers, though.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
In terms of taking risky ventures into hypothetical guesswork, I will state this: given Awakening's one-year anniversary in April, if the coinciding Direct goes by without Chrom's (or with Lucina's) presence, then with the possible exception of E3 2014 or an Ike-like summer reveal, their chances for playability would be severely tarnished much in the way of Dixie Kong's absence back in February, although this does not entirely dis-confirm either of them. This would bode quite well for Roy, who would more-than-likely be announced at any given time (after Mewtwo, of course), or even The Avatar to a lesser extent, who is not a focal point of commercial advertisement for Awakening and could easily serve as a secret character. Nonetheless, I would give Chrom the hardened edge over those two in terms of likelihood.
It's interesting to note that Awakening has a one year and two year anniversary in April, both on the 19th. And then another one year anniversary on the 20th. And another one year anniversary that passed on February 4th. The only one that really matters though, is the Japanese anniversary (April 19th, 2012). That's a Saturday, and I don't know if they do directs on a Saturday. Though, they don't have to keep it on the anniversary to unveil the character, I suppose.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, if it isn't a great huge April **** You to all of us Chrom fans, then great.

If it's real, I bet the leaker planned this justso we'd be running around like headless chickens speculating.

As a Palutena AND Chrom supporter, all I can say is It begins again...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm all out of chickens! I'm just waiting to see how this unfolds. It's probably fake, despite Chrom likely being in the game anyway.

Then again, I initially thought that exact same thing about the Palutena leak.

We shall see. (Though this one seems much more obviously faked.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Please be real. Please oh please be real. Let this not be an April Fools joke and be real.

If it's not real, someone please make a Roster Icon of that Chrom.

Please be real. :D

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Can someone explain why some random person just happens to have this game in their room?

Seriously, I would think that alone would make it an obvious fake.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm sure we've got nothing to worry about Opossum, legit leak or not.

That said, I agree, someone make a roster icon with that Chrom head (and shoulder) because it looks great.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Can someone explain why some random person just happens to have this game in their room?

Seriously, I would think that alone would make it an obvious fake.
It doesn't have to be the game, per say. They could be looking at a still from Chrom's reveal trailer, which would in theory be easier to get a hand on. Of course, that's just speculation on my part.

It's (possibly) happening, guys! :D

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It doesn't have to be the game, per say. They could be looking at a still from Chrom's reveal trailer, which would in theory be easier to get a hand on. Of course, that's just speculation on my part.

It's (possibly) happening, guys! :D
Hmm... That's possible, I suppose. I don't recall any previous reveal trailers being so... up close, per se. And I'd still question just how some person got ahold of a reveal trailer, or anything like that, in the first place.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hmm... That's possible, I suppose. I don't recall any previous reveal trailers being so... up close, per se. And I'd still question just how some person got ahold of a reveal trailer, or anything like that, in the first place.
I'd imagine a video file would be easier to leak. In fact, possibly easier than taking a picture of the game itself, in the case of the Palutena leak.

That being said, I'll withhold definite judgment, but even if it's fake...I get a new Chrom icon.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'd imagine a video file would be easier to leak. In fact, possibly easier than taking a picture of the game itself, in the case of the Palutena leak.

That being said, I'll withhold definite judgment, but even if it's fake...I get a new Chrom icon.
By the way, speaking of that Palutena leak, one major concern for her fans was that the Palutena shown wasn't actually a character...

So, assuming this leak is legitimate, what if Chrom was actually an Assist Trophy? That'd be like an April Fools joke within an April Fools joke...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
By the way, speaking of that Palutena leak, one major concern for her fans was that the Palutena shown wasn't actually a character...

So, assuming this leak is legitimate, what if Chrom was actually an Assist Trophy? That'd be like an April Fools joke within an April Fools joke...
Assuming it's real, I think it looks a bit too high quality for an Assist Trophy. There's a lot of detail on it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Heard about the leak and came here out of curiosity. Definitely the most convincing leak since the Palutena one. Looks like it's either a zoomed up photo in gameplay or a photo from the trailer, something like that.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
The guy has a poster of the freakin' Irategamer on his wall!

Whoa there, how inconvenient for this leak to happen around April Fools. That model is very well done! Kind of how I pictured him to look like in the game. Defintiely the most convincing leak since Palutena. I'm sure we're going to debunk the **** out of this.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
That model of Chrom looks pretty cool
I highly doubt that Sakurai would make him look that much like Marth. There's already enough of a problem including another blue haired Lord without their faces being the same. It's a fake, but a skilled one at that.

It also isn't his reveal video, because it appears to be on a pre-existing stage.

Also, not posting the whole pic (with the middle finger and all) takes a lot away from it. It's more convincing without the sarcastic aspects surrounding the TV. Viewing the whole pic makes it easy to see that it's a joke.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The face does seem off (I know it's fake). It's so obviously Marth, but I'd be really glad if it wasn't.

Chrom's face is a bit more...I dunno, man-tastic than Marth's, and I'd expect that to be demonstrated in his character. Here's hoping we see it soon enough.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
The face does seem off (I know it's fake). It's so obviously Marth, but I'd be really glad if it wasn't.

Chrom's face is a bit more...I dunno, man-tastic than Marth's, and I'd expect that to be demonstrated in his character. Here's hoping we see it soon enough.
Yeah, a Marth based face is a little too pretty boy for Chrom.

Speculator

Smash Ace
It looks a lot more convincing than the Palutena pictures, but then again it is coming from the highly reputable source of "some guy". I'm withholding judgement.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The leak has been confirmed fake.

Doesn't change my feeling on the eventual outcome. I still think Chrom will be in.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
You know, if the eyes were changed to how Chrom's ones actually are, that image would be a great base to imagine how Chrom would look were he to be in Smash 4.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh, so it was fake indeed. Well, I don't think leaks affect a character's chances anyway, so I don't care. Still, it looked good, just too Marth-y.

Say, do you guys think he'll be shown off in the April direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom