• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"Chrom Prepares for Battle" could be neat.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Not gonna lie, the Exalted Falchion's colour design is pretty sexy.

I'd be overjoyed if it gets implanted somehow.

If not in Chrom's moveset, then perhaps as its own trophy (or sticker or whatever...). Selfish, I know haha.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl

If not in Chrom's moveset, then perhaps as its own trophy (or sticker or whatever...). Selfish, I know haha.
i get the feeling that a great lord promotion complete with an exalted falchion is what will happen in chrom's FS

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
One thing I'd like to point out, since I see it said sometimes (not as much here as other places). Some don't agree with some moveset ideas I have, namely use of the Shield of Seals, Spears, and the Exalted version of the Falchion, due to spoiler issues. Honestly, though, I don't see an issue. Zelda transforming into Sheik spoils Ocarina of Time quite a bit for the uninformed. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Not unheard of.

Ike used Ragnell is Smash.

andimidna

Smash Master
Chrom x Lucina? Ewwwwwwwwwww! :urg:
:o
I wasn't trying to ship him and his daughter! Those weren't romantic pictures! Ah! Ew! :o

One thing I'd like to point out, since I see it said sometimes (not as much here as other places). Some don't agree with some moveset ideas I have, namely use of the Shield of Seals, Spears, and the Exalted version of the Falchion, due to spoiler issues. Honestly, though, I don't see an issue. Zelda transforming into Sheik spoils Ocarina of Time quite a bit for the uninformed. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
And Zero Suit Samus spoils the original Metroid :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is one thing that would interest me in the hypothetical addition of Chrom; if he were to use the Exalted Falchion by default.
And it were like an energy sword. Specifically like a lightsaber. .....using established forms of lightsaber combat. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
This is one thing that would interest me in the hypothetical addition of Chrom; if we were to use the Exalted Falchion by default.
And it were like an energy sword. Specifically like a lightsaber. .....using established forms of lightsaber combat. :troll:
Could he use the force too? :troll:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
This is one thing that would interest me in the hypothetical addition of Chrom; if we were to use the Exalted Falchion by default.
That... could actually make me like Chrom as a playable character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, him having the Exalted Falchion would be really nice, I think.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm thinking 80% is a good estimate. I feel the same way about Robin/Avatar. The extra 20% room for error really depends on Sakurai's feelings about what either one can do differently.

I'm feeling pretty good about his odds, so we'll just have to wait and see. Maybe April is the time?

andimidna

Smash Master
I've been thinking it will be April for Chrom for a while.

I just wish they could have revealed Palutena back in March. Well, I guess March isn't over... but it's pretty doubtful now.

80% seems like a good estimate. He has plenty potential for uniqueness if done right, the current most prominent lord of the most recent game, and all of the anti-Chrom stuff has come AFTER the roster was decided.
And hasn't even hit Miiverse yet. What I commonly see on Miiverse is the FE rosters:
A) Marth
Chrom

B) Marth
Chrom
Tharja

I swear, 90% of them think Chrom will replace Ike.
But at least he's getting a large amount of positive recognition.... even if it's done the wrong way

Last edited:

•Col•

Smash Champion
Warning Received
80%.....? Seriously?

HAHAHAHAHA

Blind-fanboyism-head-in-the-clouds-delusions at it's finest. I wouldn't even say characters like ROB/Wolf have an 80%, and even then they have a much higher chance than ANY FE newcomer.

Seriously though, 30%+ chance for a newcomer to show up is already pretty dang high... 80% is pretty damn close to 'Ok, it's mostly a given this character will be in' status.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So I've always liked Chrom, but thinking about how he could play makes me like him even more.
I personally would be happy with a Marth/Ike hybrid. A speedy swordsman that packs a punch.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
80%.....? Seriously?

HAHAHAHAHA

Blind-fanboyism-head-in-the-clouds-delusions at it's finest. I wouldn't even say characters like ROB/Wolf have an 80%, and even then they have a much higher chance than ANY FE newcomer.

Seriously though, 30%+ chance for a newcomer to show up is already pretty dang high... 80% is pretty damn close to 'Ok, it's mostly a given this character will be in' status.
Please do not harass other members this way. There are ways to express disagreement without being completely rude about it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've been thinking it will be April for Chrom for a while.

I just wish they could have revealed Palutena back in March. Well, I guess March isn't over... but it's pretty doubtful now.

80% seems like a good estimate. He has plenty potential for uniqueness if done right, the current most prominent lord of the most recent game, and all of the anti-Chrom stuff has come AFTER the roster was decided.
And hasn't even hit Miiverse yet. What I commonly see on Miiverse is the FE rosters:
A) Marth
Chrom

B) Marth
Chrom
Tharja

I swear, 90% of them think Chrom will replace Ike.
But at least he's getting a large amount of positive recognition.... even if it's done the wrong way
>Tharja

Why is she even considered a contender? The figurine? Her creepy attitude towards the avatar? Boobs?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm surprised I haven't posted to this thread yet.

I am highly confident in Chrom coming to Smash. I myself have played Fire Emblem Awakening, so you bet I'm gonna know what I'm talking about. Chrom is Fire Emblems recent shining star as it is now. My theory about Fire Emblem stands as this, but might be a little bit innacurate.

Fire emblem representation in Smash is done by a classic shining star, and a recent shining star.

Our classic shining star, Marth, is already confirmed to return, Chrom is the recent shining star as of now. The recent shining star for Melee was Roy, but Ike for Brawl. Before you bomb me, I know that Roy was planned for Brawl, but Sakurai only cut him because he scrapped all the unfinished characters at that point when he finally got SEGA's permission to add Sonic.

Again, this is for big shot Ike fans: I will admit there is a slight chance that Ike will return, and I would appreciate it, Ike was playable in Awakening, but only as DLC. But overall message is "Prepare the Welcome Wagon for Chrom!"

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, we do know for a fact that Ike is planned to return, and my confidence in Ike returning is quite cemented due to Toon Link and Lucario.

So I find it far more likely that the Fire Emblem representation this time will be Marth, Ike and Chrom.

Chrom is the recent shining star alright, but Ike still burns brightly enough to not fade out.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Oh Boy i had no idea that a new Fire Emblem-Character would be so.....whats the words im looking for? Maybe such a "dangerous" topic? meh whatever....

Im confident that we get an Awakening-Character. The game was a huge success and....yeah you know that already
If we get Chrom i will definitely be happy even though i would prefer Lucina. We might get a Newcomer in a driect in April.
April is the anniversry of the Franchise and Lucinas birthday so *crossing fingers*

In the end i would be ok with Chrom, Robin & Lucina. If one of them gets in. OK they deserve it.
And now that characters like Lucario or Toon Link are back. Characters everyone thougt would be cut i can see
Ike return. Im pretty neutral on this.

andimidna

Smash Master
>Tharja

Why is she even considered a contender? The figurine? Her creepy attitude towards the avatar? Boobs?
I don't consider Tharja a contender. Nor do I think Ike has a chance of leaving.
I recently made a post about Fire Emblem newcomers, and the only characters talked about multiple times were Chrom, Lucina, and Tharja.
Or, more that they wanted to play as a Dark Mage type character. But she's pretty much the only notable one, Henry too I guess.
Characters mentioned only once were Eliwood, Robin, Lyn, Hector, Anna, Tiki, Nowi, Micaiah, and Roy.
This doesn't show what the majority thinks or wants, but other posts have given a good idea of what people are considering.
Seems interesting.But for Tharja, I'm pretty sure it's just the boobs.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Sorry, that's not the case. Didn't get an S rank support with ChronoBound.

Currently trying to get an S rank support with Corph.
You can S rank me anytime, baby. ;)

Right. Um, I don't think I could give an exact percentage on Chrom's chances, nor for anyone for the matter. To me he's likely -- it depends on what path Sakurai takes and if IS suggests Chrom (which I think is a likely scenario if Sakurai goes to them, but who knows).

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Well this thread took an...awkward turn.

Then again the subject does involve a character who's game was half SRPG and half dating sim. :smirk:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, Awakening was the most romantic game I've ever played,
Play more games...

I'm sorry... I like Awakening and its tied with POR for my favorite FE game, but the romance was done terribly.

Heck, my avatar bonded with his wife after getting diarrhea together.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The only FE games with dating sim elements are Genealogy of the Holy War (FE4) and Awakening (FE13). Other games had support systems that sometimes led to romantic endings and some of those conversations have romantic subtext, but games with dating sim elements, as in, you get characters married and that affects the gameplay? Only on FE4 and FE13.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Play more games...

I'm sorry... I like Awakening and its tied with POR for my favorite FE game, but the romance was done terribly.

Yeah really, I like how they're practically all just normal conversations, and then they want to get married all of a sudden. I think IS wanted it to be that way so characters wouldn't look like cheaters or something when married lol, but they definitely shouldn't be completely neutral to each other until S rank....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Play more games...

Man, that romance runs deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom