• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I actually thought of this a while ago (before I even joined Smashboards), but I figured it'd be worth sharing.

Chrom's reveal trailer:

Marth is busy training on a stage (Battlefield I guess?) by himself. Suddenly he senses something behind him and thrusts Falchion backwards. The screen zooms in as we see it collide with a very similar yet different sword. Zooming out slowly it's shown that Marth is staring face to face with his distant descendant, Chrom.

Giving a confused look, Chrom squints his eyes slightly as he says, "Have we...met before?" (referencing the DLC chapters where he meets with Marth's spirit). Marth says nothing and starts an epic swordfight until both end up on opposite sides of the stage, with Chrom shaking his head in disbelief. "There's no way..."

And que gameplay footage.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I actually thought of this a while ago (before I even joined Smashboards), but I figured it'd be worth sharing.

Chrom's reveal trailer:

Marth is busy training on a stage (Battlefield I guess?) by himself. Suddenly he senses something behind him and thrusts Falchion backwards. The screen zooms in as we see it collide with a very similar yet different sword. Zooming out slowly it's shown that Marth is staring face to face with his distant descendant, Chrom.

Giving a confused look, Chrom squints his eyes slightly as he says, "Have we...met before?" (referencing the DLC chapters where he meets with Marth's spirit). Marth says nothing and starts an epic swordfight until both end up on opposite sides of the stage, with Chrom shaking his head in disbelief. "There's no way..."

And que gameplay footage.
I think something better would be to pay homage to the scene in Fire Emblem: Awakening when Chrom went against Lucina in Arena Ferox. Except replacing Lucina with Marth.

Like, start by having Marth battling characters like Mario, Link, and Samus. Marth would emerge victorious. Marth would then look further down the stage, and see a figure. The figure would see Marth's Falchion and say, "Where'd you get that? There's no way..."

Cue homage scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5NpJ_afFukQ#t=330

And then it would show Chrom in Smash Bros newcomer fashion, cue gameplay.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So anyway, I've been thinking about changing the OP's colors to something more fitting. Perhaps a combo of gray and blue?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So anyway, I've been thinking about changing the OP's colors to something more fitting. Perhaps a combo of gray and blue?
Maybe some white and gold in there too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maybe some white and gold in there too.
Gold would be nice!

I'll probably get that done by the end of the week, knowing my busy schedule this week. Anyway, let's keep hoping for April, guys!

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
It's going to be Takamaru or Palutena I'm sure of it.

I mean unless there is an intention to kill the hype of course.
I know right, if they wanted to kill the hype they'd probably reveal Shulk :troll:.
Gold would be nice!

I'll probably get that done by the end of the week, knowing my busy schedule this week. Anyway, let's keep hoping for April, guys!
I just got dat feeling it'll be in April.

Gray, blue, white, and gold would be awesome though :cool:.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
So you guys think Chrom will be revealed in April, huh? Well, alrighty then, in the meantime I'm keeping my eyes out for Roy and the end of this month (FE6 was released on the 29th). We'll see what happens on these release dates. ;) But the real question is: why can't we have both?

Changing the OP's colours would be nice. It would certainly spice things up. Would it be all the text or just titles/headlines?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So you guys think Chrom will be revealed in April, huh? Well, alrighty then, in the meantime I'm keeping my eyes out for Roy and the end of this month (FE6 was released on the 29th). We'll see what happens on these release dates. ;) But the real question is: why can't we have both?

Changing the OP's colours would be nice. It would certainly spice things up. Would it be all the text or just titles/headlines?
Preferably all the text. I was thinking pastel versions of the four colors mentioned, as to be more pleasing to the eye.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Warning Received
Dude....

Do you not have anything better to do?

Just let them be.
No way in hell am I going to tolerate the worst fanbase I've ever experienced, while at the same time I do not want yet another controversy to be stacked on a series plagued by them.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
No way in hell am I going to tolerate the worst fanbase I've ever experienced
"This is the worst fanbase I've ever experienced!" while blatantly attacking them in their own thread, which is, as far as I can tell, completely unprovoked.

Right.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Preferably all the text. I was thinking pastel versions of the four colors mentioned, as to be more pleasing to the eye.
The reasons I mentioned this is because sometimes people use eye bleeding text colours for, well, everything, making things hard to read. Though, it may also be a personal thing for me as I do have wonky and sensitive eyesight. But you seem to already have this concern in mind, and I agree that pastel versions may be easier on the eyes. :laugh:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The reasons I mentioned this is because sometimes people use eye bleeding text colours for, well, everything, making things hard to read. Though, it may also be a personal thing for me as I do have wonky and sensitive eyesight. But you seem to already have this concern in mind, and I agree that pastel versions may be easier on the eyes. :laugh:
I plan on something similar to what I did with the Klefki thread, if you remember that. Would that be an okay design plan?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I plan on something similar to what I did with the Klefki thread, if you remember that. Would that be an okay design plan?
*checks the Klefki thread*

Oh yeah, the softer colours are easy on my eyes, at least. You can always go with the idea you want for the OP, and ask people later if the colours are easy to read.

Aww jeez, some of the stuff Xenoblaze said about Chrom and his supporters is pretty harsh.

Just keep supporting Chrom, Chrom fans. :laugh:

I think Chrom may end up more unique than I (and many others) think he would. Well, you know me and my skepticism... ah ha.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And with that, the OP is nice and shiny!

andimidna

Smash Master
Yes! I was looking for the Chrom thread yesterday but couldn't find it. I guess he gets talked about a lot on other threads... not too surprising...
For reveals before E3?
Most Likely
Palutena
Chrom and/or/w/o Lucina
Takamaru
Dixie Kong
Less Likely

I think these are the 4 candidates for newcomers before E3, and the only one I consider more likley to be shown than Chrom is Palutena.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Oh wow, the OP is looking good!

I do like it when threads at least have coloured text for titles. Dunno why... makes it look like it has some life, if you get what I'm saying haha.

andimidna

Smash Master
I'd hope Chrom would have an Owain color swap. Not one completely based of off him... but just same vague coloring that represented him.
Who wouldn't want to play as a blonde Chrom?

After reading the description in the OP-which looks very nice BTW- I'd like the idea of Chrom being able to strategically switch between a sword and a lance. (maybe as a down B?)
The two could have major pros and cons that, for the right situation, you'd need to use one or the other.
Possibly one is very strong, slow, and short-distance
And one is very fast, weak, and long-distance
I'd imagine the first would be the sword and the 2nd would be the lance.
You'd use the sword either when you're at a low percentage, or if your battling a slow character, like Dorf, or a character with easy knockback that isn't too fast, like Zelda.
Then you'd use the lance at a high percentage, or if your battling fast characters with a lack of projectiles, like Little Mac.
Like a keep-away kind of thing.
Wow, Chrom could be unique so easily
I personally support him in a team with Lucina simply because I like her slightly more and I don't see her being added a lone over him or them both getting in alone alongside both Marth and Ike. And cuz super important Awakening mechanic blah blah blah :3
But he'd be unique with or without her
pls sakurai gimme lucina somehow....
I do support 4 Fire Emblem slots though...

Marth, Ike, Chrom & Lucina, and for the last, Tiki or Anna. I like the idea of a mis-match team with Manakete+Lance... but pretty much only me a BluePikmin have ever mentioned it... it's not likely... but I want :)
These 4/6 would REALLY get me excited to play some Smash Bros all day long, and buy more Fire Emblem games

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Going off of that, I really like the idea of Chrom performing short combo strings by switching weapons really quickly, kind of like Nightwing in Injustice:Gods Among Us.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
I believe in the notion that Chrom would be a starter. He's a newer face so people will recognize him more. Marth and Chrom can both be starters, while Ike being an unlockable character makes sense. It's similar to Lucas and Ness in Brawl. So him being in a Direct before the game ships is ideal, and April would be a good time.

andimidna

Smash Master
I believe in the notion that Chrom would be a starter. He's a newer face so people will recognize him more. Marth and Chrom can both be starters, while Ike being an unlockable character makes sense. It's similar to Lucas and Ness in Brawl. So him being in a Direct before the game ships is ideal, and April would be a good time.
Well all 3 are actually pretty recent now.
Shadow Dragon was... 2009? (really not sure)
Radiant Dawn was, I think, 2007.
And Awakening was 2013.
In the long line of Fire Emblem games, those are all very recent.
And with Marth and Ike both being the recurring lords, and Chrom being the obvious newcomer choice because of Awakening, which we all know was a big deal, I'd say all 3 could be starters, as I do believe it is very possible and ideal that the FE roster will consist of 4 characters.

Since Ike was the starter in Brawl, and Marth was unlockable, but now has Shadow Dragon (and the Awakening DLC)... plus being confirmed first, and think this makes sense.

Last edited:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
And with that, the OP is nice and shiny!
Lookin' gooda!

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Chrom and Marth will be starters while Ike is kept as a secret unlockable.
I'd hope Chrom would have an Owain color swap. Not one completely based of off him... but just same vague coloring that represented him.
Who wouldn't want to play as a blonde Chrom?

After reading the description in the OP-which looks very nice BTW- I'd like the idea of Chrom being able to strategically switch between a sword and a lance. (maybe as a down B?)
The two could have major pros and cons that, for the right situation, you'd need to use one or the other.
Possibly one is very strong, slow, and short-distance
And one is very fast, weak, and long-distance
I'd imagine the first would be the sword and the 2nd would be the lance.
You'd use the sword either when you're at a low percentage, or if your battling a slow character, like Dorf, or a character with easy knockback that isn't too fast, like Zelda.
Then you'd use the lance at a high percentage, or if your battling fast characters with a lack of projectiles, like Little Mac.
Like a keep-away kind of thing.
Wow, Chrom could be unique so easily
I personally support him in a team with Lucina simply because I like her slightly more and I don't see her being added a lone over him or them both getting in alone alongside both Marth and Ike. And cuz super important Awakening mechanic blah blah blah :3
But he'd be unique with or without her
pls sakurai gimme lucina somehow....
I do support 4 Fire Emblem slots though...

Marth, Ike, Chrom & Lucina, and for the last, Tiki or Anna. I like the idea of a mis-match team with Manakete+Lance... but pretty much only me a BluePikmin have ever mentioned it... it's not likely... but I want :)
These 4/6 would REALLY get me excited to play some Smash Bros all day long, and buy more Fire Emblem games
That'd be pretty cool, and even better if they could incorporate the shield too. It would be awesome to have a Chrom & Lucina tag team with them both using variations of the sword, lance, and shield lol. Then have a ton of dual-support specials to wrap everything up!

Why have an Owain color when you can simply have Chrom & Owain tag-team :awesome:.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
No way in hell am I going to tolerate the worst fanbase I've ever experienced, while at the same time I do not want yet another controversy to be stacked on a series plagued by them.
You are taking this way way more personally then you really should, this kind of hatred for anything isn't good for you. This definitely isn't worth getting this worked up over.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Guys, I've got this. Chrom's crowd chant:

"ChrOM-NOM-NOM!!"

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
"Chrom's the bomb!"
Definitely the obvious choice.

Although I'm not gonna lie, "Chrom-nom-nom" is goddamn hilarious, just because I can imagine the Smash "spectators" screaming that.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Guys, the thing you have to remember is that in the event that Chrom may hypothetically end up being the next newcomer confirmed, a lot of people are going to have a knee-jerk reaction of "IKE HAS BEEN REPLACED! THE PATTERN LIVES ON!!!!!"

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Guys, the thing you have to remember is that in the event that Chrom may hypothetically end up being the next newcomer confirmed, a lot of people are going to have a knee-jerk reaction of "IKE HAS BEEN REPLACED! THE PATTERN LIVES ON!!!!!"
Indeed, alongside the emotionally discharged knee-jerk reaction of "If Roy was unable to make the cut, neither will Mewtwo" I am expecting from a select few, this will doubtlessly be among the worst results of premature responses toward Chrom's potential inclusion, if not the.

If Chrom is to be announced next month (even then, these are merely words in the wind, not a set-in-stone assurance), then it would be eminently desirable for Sakurai to reveal Ike beforehand as to avoid mass confusion pertaining to his ultimate fate, although I cannot expect this. If not this week, perhaps next month.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm not worried about Ike. He was probably the most favorite newcomer to Brawl besides Sonic. At least that's what it seems like.

There isn't any reason to remove him. Yeah, they all have blue hair, but that isn't really a reason to cut one. Just keep all three.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Reasons:

1. He's New. This is simple, but it makes sense. Chrom is from the latest Fire Emblem game that released in February. Marth is confirmed, so he can't go. Ike is from the GameCube era, even though he made a Wii appearance. That's kinda old at this point. Chrom will likely replace Ike, as the new representative from the series.

2. Fire Emblem Awakening was a game-changer. Many of you might not have known this, but FE:A was going to be the last game in the series if it didn't reach 250k sales. Luckily, it didn't just meet this amount... it exceeded it by a LOT. The 3DS game met critical acclaim and is mostly accepted as one of the best Strategy RPGs in recent memory. Since you could say FE:A saved the series, its hero deserves a spot. Many people like him as well, so he's popular.

3. Fire Emblem Awakening already has a presence in Smash 4. Arena Ferox, a location from the game, has already been confirmed as an stage in Smash 4 3DS. This shows that Sakurai has acknowledged the game. Since Ike is old and we can assume Fire Emblem will have at least two fighters(Melee and Brawl each had 2), Chrom is obvious.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Dat OTP er... OP. April will be a pretty rough month and it's a Three Way Deadlock between Chrom, Palutena, and Takamaru for next month's newcomer reveal. This is going to be a bigger doosie than last month since we should have known a DK related newcomer wasn't that likley for the Direct.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Reasons:

1. He's New. This is simple, but it makes sense. Chrom is from the latest Fire Emblem game that released in February. Marth is confirmed, so he can't go. Ike is from the GameCube era, even though he made a Wii appearance. That's kinda old at this point. Chrom will likely replace Ike, as the new representative from the series.

2. Fire Emblem Awakening was a game-changer. Many of you might not have known this, but FE:A was going to be the last game in the series if it didn't reach 250k sales. Luckily, it didn't just meet this amount... it exceeded it by a LOT. The 3DS game met critical acclaim and is mostly accepted as one of the best Strategy RPGs in recent memory. Since you could say FE:A saved the series, its hero deserves a spot. Many people like him as well, so he's popular.

3. Fire Emblem Awakening already has a presence in Smash 4. Arena Ferox, a location from the game, has already been confirmed as an stage in Smash 4 3DS. This shows that Sakurai has acknowledged the game. Since Ike is old and we can assume Fire Emblem will have at least two fighters(Melee and Brawl each had 2), Chrom is obvious.
Ike doesn't need to be cut.

He's still important to Fire Emblem and is massively popular. There's no reason for him to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom