• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah, you're right. I would LIKE there to be more FE characters, I just assumed Sakurai wouldn't allow 3.
Nah, I'm sure he would. Roy was at least planned, and Fire Emblem has grown as a series. I don't think he'd limit it to two.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Ike doesn't need to be cut.

He's still important to Fire Emblem and is massively popular. There's no reason for him to go.
Yeah, there really is no real reason for him to go.

Him, Chrom, and Marth will all be together TO.....ride dat booty:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Yeah, you're right. I would LIKE there to be more FE characters, I just assumed Sakurai wouldn't allow 3.
Well, there was data for Roy on the Brawl disc, which means that at some point Sakurai planned to have 3 FE reps in Brawl. Roy just never ended up being finished for one reason or another. So Sakurai already wanted 3.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, I'm confident we'll get three this time around. Marth's confirmed, Ike's a given, and I think Chrom's the most likely third option. :D

andimidna

Smash Master
I still think there's going to be 4.
But there's always been one considered that doesn't make it.
Marth in 64
Leif in Melee
Roy in Brawl
I hope they go through with what their considering this time...

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
It was Leaf, sigurd was never considered for SSB.
Are you saying Leif was considered for the original Smash?

I knew he was for Melee, but I remember someone throwing around Sigurd for some reason. I guess it was just Leif then.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Are you saying Leif was considered for the original Smash?

I knew he was for Melee, but I remember someone throwing around Sigurd for some reason. I guess it was just Leif then.
No Fire Emblem character was considered for the original Smash, I just meant the Sigurd inclusion in any of the Smash games is just a misinformation nothing more, Leif on the other hand was going to be the Roy of the game, but Sakurai liked Roy and added him instead.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Wasn't Sigurd though? Or was that a rumor for Melee that somehow got moved to the 64.
Ike-sama is correct, no Fire Emblem characters were considered for the original Smash Bros.

As far as we know, Sigurd has NEVER been considered. Leif may have been considered for Melee, though that info comes from cednym so take it witha grain of salt.

andimidna

Smash Master
Ike-sama is correct, no Fire Emblem characters were considered for the original Smash Bros.

As far as we know, Sigurd has NEVER been considered. Leif may have been considered for Melee, though that info comes from cednym so take it witha grain of salt.
Considered doesn't necessarily mean planned. I saw it somewhere that they at least had Marth in their minds, enough to put him on some sort of poll?
I really don't remember what I read.

And I'm pretty sure the Leif-Roy Melee situation is a confirmed fact.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
And I'm pretty sure the Leif-Roy Melee situation is a confirmed fact.
It really isn't. The only source of that info is cednym, and it's not very well sourced (he claims his info came from an issue of Famitsu, but nobody has been able to find the issue in question)

So how about that Chrom guy.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I might as well throw in my Aegislash, who happens to be named Falchion, into the fray while we're at it. :troll:
Too many Falchions :awesome:.

So is that then Marth's Falchion, infused with the soul of Marth to become a Pokemon :troll:.

EDIT: Oh, how silly of me, that is obviously the soul of Chrom that is infused in the sword. This effectively deconfirms Chrom.....FALCHION4SMASH.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but how would Sakurai separate Ike and Chrom as unique characters?

EDIT: Also, I'd like to be added as a supporter. Awakening FTW.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I would like to be added as a supporter too. Part of the reason I'm so hyped for Smash 4 is because chrom could be there.
Really? That's interesting. If you don't mind me asking, what is it about the possibility of Chrom being a playable character that excites you so much? Do you like him as a character in Awakening Is it what he could bring to the table as a fighter in Smash? Or something else entirely?

andimidna

Smash Master
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but how would Sakurai separate Ike and Chrom as unique characters?

EDIT: Also, I'd like to be added as a supporter. Awakening FTW.
I prefer him in a team ICs style with Lucina, able to strategically switch from Falchion to Lance. This would make Chrom significantly unique from Marth and Ike, barely being comparable. :)

[collapse= cute duo pics]

Official Artwork

Not so cute, but epic...

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
Really? That's interesting. If you don't mind me asking, what is it about the possibility of Chrom being a playable character that excites you so much? Do you like him as a character in Awakening Is it what he could bring to the table as a fighter in Smash? Or something else entirely?
Good question. I think the main reason is because I LOVED Awakening. I think it is phenomenally made and is the best 3DS title. After playing through the game multiple times, I really got to know the characters, especially Chrom. I'm excited to see one of my favorite characters from possibly my favorite game appear in my favorite series. So overall, it's because I loved his game so much. :)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Good question. I think the main reason is because I LOVED Awakening. I think it is phenomenally made and is the best 3DS title. After playing through the game multiple times, I really got to know the characters, especially Chrom. I'm excited to see one of my favorite characters from possibly my favorite game appear in my favorite series. So overall, it's because I loved his game so much. :)
Ah, I see. I can relate to that. I loved Awakening as well, and as a lover of RPGs, I've loved being able to replay the game while trying out new possibilities like different marriages, classes, skills, etc. While I personally support Robin over Chrom for other reasons, I do think that Awakening is a great game that deserves some acknowledgement within the Smash universe, and ideally, that would be one of its characters.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Ah, I see. I can relate to that. I loved Awakening as well, and as a lover of RPGs, I've loved being able to replay the game while trying out new possibilities like different marriages, classes, skills, etc. While I personally support Robin over Chrom for other reasons, I do think that Awakening is a great game that deserves some acknowledgement within the Smash universe, and ideally, that would be one of its characters.
Agreed, completely. I think we should be set with a fighter because Arena Ferox being confirmed shows that Sakurai acknowledges the game.

Jackson

Smash Lord
^ Yeah, pretty much.
I think Chrom will be playable an Lucina will most likely be an assist trophy. It would be crazy awesome if we could get a Marth costume with Lucina's marth mask though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One thing I'd like to point out, since I see it said sometimes (not as much here as other places). Some don't agree with some moveset ideas I have, namely use of the Shield of Seals, Spears, and the Exalted version of the Falchion, due to spoiler issues. Honestly, though, I don't see an issue. Zelda transforming into Sheik spoils Ocarina of Time quite a bit for the uninformed. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
One thing I'd like to point out, since I see it said sometimes (not as much here as other places). Some don't agree with some moveset ideas I have, namely use of the Shield of Seals, Spears, and the Exalted version of the Falchion, due to spoiler issues. Honestly, though, I don't see an issue. Zelda transforming into Sheik spoils Ocarina of Time quite a bit for the uninformed. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
I wouldn't think spoilers would be an issue at all, for the reasons you mentioned. I think a more valid argument would be that Chrom is not known for using some of those abilities, such as spears, as those abilities are rather minor things that aren't important to his character (except Exalted Falchion). So it might be strange to have an entire moveset based around that one lesser ability, like with the stance based set.

But spoilers? Not a problem. That much was proven a long time ago.

Jackson

Smash Lord
I agree that spoilers aren't an issue. I think Exalted Falchion could maybe be his final smash or something. Like he holds Falchion up and the gods make it exalted, and then he's superpowerful and can kill people easily for 20 seconds or so. It might be lame or cool, I'm not really sure haha. Also, you know how the newcomers have a phrase, like "Villager Comes to Town"? I think Chrom's should be "Chrom Awakens" or something.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I prefer him in a team ICs style with Lucina, able to strategically switch from Falchion to Lance. This would make Chrom significantly unique from Marth and Ike, barely being comparable. :)

[collapse= cute duo pics]

Official Artwork

Not so cute, but epic...
Chrom x Lucina? Ewwwwwwwwwww! :urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom