• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Albuquerque Monthlies - April 19th

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
CCCT was good, i was the unluckiest smasher there. 8 phantom knees total. It hurts. I almst beat el love then phantom knee. I suicided by falling through the stage on battle field. My controller's l button kept getting stuck, yet i beat most people there.

Hey guys, what's up? I see there's a lot of new people posting now, eh? Cool!!

I don't think there'll ever be a tournament in Alamagordo(however you spell it) dude, unfortunately. You'll have to be coming here for them...

CCCT was awesome guys. I got fifth place, and should have gotten AT LEAST fourth, but I didn't. Oh well. Still thouh, we've convinced everyone in CO that we're really, really good and they are seriously considering coming to our tourneys now, because we're that good. It was awesome anywho. BTW, guess who won the tournament? A LUIGI PLAYER?!?!?!?!?!?!?

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
CCCT was good, johns johns johns johns johns johns, yet i beat most people there.
Heh, that's rough man. Congrats on doing well anyways.

Erich said:

I don't think there'll ever be a tournament in Alamagordo(however you spell it) dude, unfortunately. You'll have to be coming here for them...

CCCT was awesome guys. I got fifth place, and should have gotten AT LEAST fourth, but I didn't. Oh well. Still thouh, we've convinced everyone in CO that we're really, really good and they are seriously considering coming to our tourneys now, because we're that good. It was awesome anywho. BTW, guess who won the tournament? A LUIGI PLAYER?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Congrats on fifth! Also, way to finally make other states (well...Colorado, at least) take us seriously...now the rest of us will have to step up our game to impress them even more when they come here o_O

Kashakunaki

Smash Master

****in' hell yes. That's awesome Erich. Congratulations. This will look good for you on the power rankings ;). I'll be sure to note your placing.

A Luigi player? GET OUT! I was depressed to see that on the FC tournament roster, there was a G&W player, but not even a Dr. Mario player. I am very saddened by this. That's beside the point, though. Wish I could've gone. Glad we'll get some competition.

CCCT was good, i was the unluckiest smasher there. 8 phantom knees total. It hurts. I almst beat el love then phantom knee. I suicided by falling through the stage on battle field. My controller's l button kept getting stuck, yet i beat most people there.
Welcome to my life, Everett. Congratulations regardless. What place did you get?

Also, in regards to Steven's comment, if it makes anyone feel better I practiced for about four hours today doing double shines (almost there), SHL and RSHL, JC Shine > Nair, then SHBWAD, ledge hop wave land, and Up B Cancel.

Good stuff.

Captain Alaska

Smash Apprentice
Alaska is driving from FCD to OC3. Going through Albuquerque is one of the two possible routes for us to get there. (Us as in, myself, TheCatPhysician, and Lunaris) We would appreciate housing, if possible (this is the main decider of which route to take). If anyone can help us out please check out the thread, below.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=106747

complete with combo video

Alright Captain A, we'll see what we can do. When do you need to know by??

I know, it's amazing Kash. Guess who got second?? A LINK PLAYER?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Indeed we are going to have to step up our game GG, because CO is far, far better than we may have credited them. They are really, really good, and I think that they may also be better than all of EP, so we're REALLY going to have to kick it up a notch. They're good, yes they are. Practice hard, and get them mindgames up to date, eh?

That's good Davis, get those things down perfect. They help.

A Ness player hmm? I'm afraid to say it son, but Ness is just about the worst character in the game, but that deosn't mean he can't be used well enough to win. Still though, you should pick up another character that will get you past the people that Ness can't beat. Besides, we'll see just how good you are in about 12 days anyways, and then we can help you out too. A Ness player...dude that's cool! I play Bowser, just to let you know, but not normally in tournaments, no way.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Actually, the worst character is Mewtwo ;)

But we won't go there.

That's awesome. A Ness player. You should pick up Jigglypuff, too =P. Look forward to playing you.

Aye, aye Erich. Lots of practicing for me before the tournament, lots of it. I'm gonna try to avoid that stage where you are implementing new stuff into your game so you suck more than you did before for a period of time. Let's hope the tournament doesn't fall in that time period.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
when is alaska coming through? could u guys make it to the tournament on july 7?

trollhammer101

Smash Cadet
yes ness is my main character
i'm known by my friends for being really good with him
but for a tournament
i think i would use my other characters
like shiek
or samus

you play with bowser
wow
that's a first

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I've posted in your thread, Captain Alaska (Well, I guess it is Lunaris' thread).

I'd be interested in housing you guys. I'm not the most exciting guy to hang with, but heck.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Monthly went swimmingly, thanks everyone for coming.

Neil - Wow, I vastly underestimated you in that tourney set. You've improved a bunch since I last saw you, congrats. btw, your 5 bucks bought me some nuggets and a sprite at wendys =)
Niel - I'll MM next time, man! You've gotten better, too. Keep it up ^_^

Yep... I think that's it. **** Samuses........

Okay, I apologize for such a late reply because of my handicapped DSL modem who doesn't know how to work an internet connection. Anyways, thanks for the awesome monthly GG :cool:

I have no clue why or what happened at the tourney battle GG, but I'm positive you are much better than me overall :dizzy: (Did you buy a Frosty Float? If not, OMG!)
Kash, I'm awaiting our MM. Have we EVER played each other before, because I don't remember a match at TRCC. God hope so, or I'm screwed.

By the way, we talked about arranging a comeover. We really do live nearby, and the only days I'm free are from Friday to Monday. PM ME! ;)

So, Erich, Sinz, I'm glad you all enjoyed CCCT.
8 GOD %&*( Phantom knees? That's hard to believe. :mad:
Erich, you are too good. Taking most all of southwest on and getting 5th place. Way to go!

Last but not least, for the next monthly date, we have to have a weekday after the 23rd? Well, I dunno, if everyone wants August, then Fri, Aug 10 is my vote.

Sliraobe God

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
As a matter of fact, I did buy a frosty float. And I won a Wii. I then took it home and ductaped it to my current Wii. It formed a Wii2, which is controlled via telepathy. I'll let you guess where that story turned fictional.

Also, It'll probly be on a weekend this time, so that as many people as possible can come. I made it a weekday last time in an attempt to be able to use the Montgomery Ninja Monkey, but alas, t'was not to be. The Paseo one ended up working fine anyway. So, taking into account people's suggestions, what is everyone's opinion on Saturday, August 11th?

Sounds alright to me. Just before school starts, that's fine.

Yea, I play Bowser Trollhammer, not many of us eh? Anyways, good way to reword that sentence. Ness is definitely not a good character, but you posted it better by saying that you are good with him. Cool. You also play Samus and Shiek, and that's fine too. You're pretty well rounded man!

OOOH!! I know where it turned fictional!! It turned fictional when...when...uhh...when, when you blew it up using telepathy!!! YEA!!! If such a thing is even possible, of course. Wii's are like freakin' invincible. It's like they have a permanent starman...man...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Wow.

I use captain falcon for everything. He is just too good.

Knee for power.
Monnwalking for amazing.
Knee for speed.
Knee for technical attacks and strategies.
Knee for good.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Nah, he is just sexy.

He wears friggin tights. He is very amazing.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Really....

whatcha doin tommorrow?

pm me yoru phone # or something if your not doing anything.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
1) Well, a ton of people have voted for it to be in August, so yeah.

2) There's already a big tourney happening in July anyway.

3) I'm going to be in Colorad for pretty much all of july, so yeah.

4) After August, there will definitely be one every month.

Btw, forgot to ask. What are people's opinions on doing a doubles tournament at the monthlies? Registration would probly be $10 a team.

Yes he was talking to you Troll.

I use Marth for everything, and Falco for the other things I cannot get around. If I'm playing someone who's really good with Fox or Falco, then sometimes I pick Bowser, it's fun!!

Doubles, huh? Well, I don't like doubles too much myself, but whatever. It's your guys' choice. Entry fee sounds fine.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
WEE HE EH HEH EH HE!

I love doubles. You're just afraid Team Capital Punishment (GoldenGlove and I) will destroy you, Erich =P. Now that there aren't any Cool Kidz around, number one team spot will be ours. Bwahaha.

Anywho, yeah. July seems to be an inconvienent month for a lot of people. I can roll with August 11th.

Yeah, Neil. We definitely need to hang out and do some smashin'. I did play you two or three times at TRCC in some Falco dittos. I think I beat you once with Doc and once with Falco and you beat me once with Falco. Yeppers.

Say hello to my four stocking friend!

Pice

Smash Apprentice
well thats where u are wrong they are both coming abd playing in both tournaments.....well maybe not chad and singles but doubles for sure................................

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
WHat? That was your post. That is pathetic! Cmon have some dignity when you post, don't post like your a wannabe Kash, who actually posts well. Just act like your about to sign a declaration and do lots of spaces.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
what everet? u call that a name? how disgraceful take some pride in yourself and......jk jk

Top Bottom