• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Albuquerque Monthlies - April 19th

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
SO THEN PAUL SHUT THE HELL UP BECAUSE NO ONE CARES!
so about tat capture card kash?

Davis, I'm afraid I care. I don't want to talk about Brawl, but seriously, Brawl will probably not live to our expectations. You are right about the lag, and for Nintendo's pressure to support millions of smashers without suggestions or errors for a highly anticipated game TWICE, I doubt it will be more successful than Melee. Paul, I'm siding with you. :bigthumbu

Joe, it was originally me that started the capture card thing. I'd rather record with VCR and upload videos through a capture card, but I don't have one/they are expensive. If you don't have one, I'll take Kash's suggestion and camcord it.

BACK TO THE MONTHLIES, I'm too lazy to look through the rest of the thread. About how many *reliable* smashers are we expecting at NMGC? (I'm obviously excluding some locale smasher who doesn't know what a WD is, but of course, I suck too.:crying:)

The Land of Enchantment FTW!!!
Sliraobe God

Pice

Smash Apprentice
Davis, I'm afraid I care. I don't want to talk about Brawl, but seriously, Brawl will probably not live to our expectations. You are right about the lag, and for Nintendo's pressure to support millions of smashers without suggestions or errors for a highly anticipated game TWICE, I doubt it will be more successful than Melee. Paul, I'm siding with you. :bigthumbu

Joe, it was originally me that started the capture card thing. I'd rather record with VCR and upload videos through a capture card, but I don't have one/they are expensive. If you don't have one, I'll take Kash's suggestion and camcord it.

BACK TO THE MONTHLIES, I'm too lazy to look through the rest of the thread. About how many *reliable* smashers are we expecting at NMGC? (I'm obviously excluding some locale smasher who doesn't know what a WD is, but of course, I suck too.:crying:)

The Land of Enchantment FTW!!!
Sliraobe God
ok quite frankley u have no idea what ur tlkaing about silarobe..........y will brawl online not live up to expectations? twilight princess pwnd ocarina of time didnt it(thats right i said it- bring it on) o yeah and halo 2 not having lag is complete bull$^%& u can kill someone then they can sword someone then they can kill u before they die...if tahts not lag idk what is.............and brawl online wont be a dissapointment because instead of coming to some stupid forums to tlak about playing the game we will actually be playing the game lag or not.......
as for the capture card u still have no idea what im tlaking about becasue im trying to buy kashes.................

Nice GG.

Let's all relax a little guys. Brawl will be fun, no matter what happens, and that's all we need to know, alright? And who knows, now that technology has advanced so much, maybe they'll find a way to reduce almost all, if not all lag off of online games. I don't know, and I don't care. All's I need to know is that it will still be fun. Melee didn't have online NATURALLY, did it? No one seems to care, there's still thousands upon thousands of loyal smashers out there, so why should they hate Brawl if it doesn't have online play?? It won't be a disappointment at all, not for me anyways. Besides, they've already said there will be online play for it, and they're trying to use a similar system to Metroid Hunters'.

OK anyways...the monthly is in a few days, so I'm going to remake the list again, aight? Here goes:

T.V's:

Pice

Smash Apprentice
Nice GG.

Let's all relax a little guys. Brawl will be fun, no matter what happens, and that's all we need to know, alright? And who knows, now that technology has advanced so much, maybe they'll find a way to reduce almost all, if not all lag off of online games. I don't know, and I don't care. All's I need to know is that it will still be fun. Melee didn't have online NATURALLY, did it? No one seems to care, there's still thousands upon thousands of loyal smashers out there, so why should they hate Brawl if it doesn't have online play?? It won't be a disappointment at all, not for me anyways. Besides, they've already said there will be online play for it, and they're trying to use a similar system to Metroid Hunters'.

OK anyways...the monthly is in a few days, so I'm going to remake the list again, aight? Here goes:

T.V's:
well erich i would be EXTREAMLY dissapointed if brawl didnt have online and almost everyone who bought a wii day one would also.........u ever get ur wifi working?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Ha, nice list remake, Erich.

When I said no one cares and told Paul to shut up I was more just wanting Paul to stop complaining. I care about Brawl online, but it isn't something I care about discussing. It will be good, or it won't. Honestly Nintendo doesn't have the best history with online games. Not because of lack of a good online system or poor online games, but they just lack the experience. Whatever. I'll play Brawl online suck or not. Doesn't matter to me.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Just then,
On the dawn of an
Enormous battle on Brawl, Paul claimed that Brawl would suck.
Hell, Neil succumbed to Paul's argument and agreed. Joe said, "have you heard of
Any other online games, like Halo 2 with no lag? I thought
So." Joe had immediately and
Obviously p00ned. Neil thought it
Wouldn't be wise to keep arguing for a
Needless reason. Now Sliraobe God
Endures his impatience for the online epic of a
Duel between New Mexico and the rest of the world in Brawl.

Anyways, forget Brawl. Let me just check up on the details for the monthly. (I reread the entire thread.)

Date: Thursday, June 21st, 2007
Time: From Noon till Midnight, Tourney time undecided
Location: NinjaMonkey at Paseo del Norte and Wyoming (RIGHT??? :dizzy:)

"Yeah, here's a list of stuff they have.

* Coke/Pepsi : $1.25
* BAWLS : $2.50
* Energy Drinks : $2.00
* Tea or Water : $1.00

* Mini Burgers : $1.50
* Chimichanga : $1.50
* Hot Pocket : $1.50
* Dish Pizza : $2.50

You can also you bring your own food if you want, but you have to buy drinks from them."

WE MUST BRING OUR OWN MATERIALS.
Erich, sign me up for 1 TV and GCN, thanks! :cool: Oh, and I can't wait to see the finals on the insanely huge projector. The tourney entry fee is $5, but the actual NinjaMonkey entrance is free. To play other NinjaMonkey services, we must also pay that price.

JOE: Do you need a ride to the monthly? I might be able to get you one.
Please tell me if I missed anything. Thanks! :chuckle:

Sliraobe God

Yea, I did Joe. It took me like 3 FREAKIN' DAYS to fix the error codes with it though. Man, what a hassle...

Well, Davis, I kind of put that post for a similar reason to yours. I mean, of course I'll care if Brawl has online or not, because it'd be super cool. BUT, if it doesn't have online play, than I'll still be OK with it, although, like I said, they announced plans for a Metroid Hunters-like system about a year ago, but that they were having difficulties setting up a really GOOD system. Regardless though, it'll still be fun, and I'm still looking forward to it. We really don't know very much right now, so they might pull of something amazing and make it so that there is very, very little lag. Who knows, eh?

Ok, I fully intend to remake the list now. Ehehehe...anyways:

T.V's:

Erich-1
Sliraobe-1
Steven-1
Kash-3

Total: 6

GCN's:

Erich-1
Sinz-1
Sliraobe-1
Steven-1
Kash-2

Total: 5

Does anyone not on the list have an extra cube to bring??

Pice

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I did Joe. It took me like 3 FREAKIN' DAYS to fix the error codes with it though. Man, what a hassle...

Well, Davis, I kind of put that post for a similar reason to yours. I mean, of course I'll care if Brawl has online or not, because it'd be super cool. BUT, if it doesn't have online play, than I'll still be OK with it, although, like I said, they announced plans for a Metroid Hunters-like system about a year ago, but that they were having difficulties setting up a really GOOD system. Regardless though, it'll still be fun, and I'm still looking forward to it. We really don't know very much right now, so they might pull of something amazing and make it so that there is very, very little lag. Who knows, eh?

Ok, I fully intend to remake the list now. Ehehehe...anyways:

T.V's:

Erich-1
Sliraobe-1
Steven-1
Kash-3

Total: 6

GCN's:

Erich-1
Sinz-1
Sliraobe-1
Steven-1
Kash-1

Total: 5

Does anyone not on the list have an extra cube to bring??
should of asked me i pretty much no every error code for nintendo wi fi lol....u get a wii yet?

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Alright everyone, the monthly draws nigh. To make sure no one is confused, I'm going to repost the vital information.

When: We have the place from noon to midnight. You can stay for as long or as short as you want.

Where: Ninja Monkey Gaming Center on PASEO AND WYOMING. It's next to a Whataburger.

Cost: Getting in to play is free, the tournament registration will be 5 bucks.

Food/Drink: They have food and drink available to buy there. You can also bring your own food if you want, but you have to buy drinks from them.

I won't be able to stay at the monthly for too long guys, because I'm leaving REALLY early for CCCT, unusually early as the tournament does not start until the next day, but nontheless, I leave very early, as do Sinz and Alphabravo. I'll still be there until like 6 or so, don't worry, but I probably won't stay any later than that.

Yea Joe, I got a Wii a few weeks ago. Now I'm looking for my Wii number to give to friends and exchange, blah blah blah. Where is it located, do you know? It's not the MAC address in the console info, is it?

Thanks GG, and see you all tomorrow.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Erich, were not going to this. We need to pack and prepare for things for the CCCT. We just need to get ready. My Dad said that we just need to be over at my house and get to work or just stay here.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
I won't be able to stay at the monthly for too long guys, because I'm leaving REALLY early for CCCT, unusually early as the tournament does not start until the next day, but nontheless, I leave very early, as do Sinz and Alphabravo. I'll still be there until like 6 or so, don't worry, but I probably won't stay any later than that.

Yea Joe, I got a Wii a few weeks ago. Now I'm looking for my Wii number to give to friends and exchange, blah blah blah. Where is it located, do you know? It's not the MAC address in the console info, is it?

Thanks GG, and see you all tomorrow.
wow ur n00b ....go to the wii messege board then go to send a message and it is the forst page on ur adress book ...send me ur code when u get it

Who the heck are you?!?!?!?!?!?! But no, I don't think we need anymore GCN's. Thanks for asking though. You should enjoy yourself, they're fun stuff. Enjoy getting to know my fellow NM'ers, and possibly me. Probably not though. Coming to the July 7th tourney??

Yea, the smashfest is indeed today, and it looks like I might not be able to make it. We'll see. Maybe I'll just go for a few hours and then come back. Maybe. If not, then I'll see you guys July 7th. For now though, I've got to bring home the gold for NM in Colorado. Wish me luck!!

Erich out.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
If by Tuesday you mean Thursday and if by Thursday you mean today, then yes.

We're good on supplies, though, can you bring a TV? I'd rather not bring three...

Gah! Today is the day. Can't wait to see and play everyone.

EDIT: Awww... what Erich? *insert super sad Davis*

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Monthly went swimmingly, thanks everyone for coming.

Erich - lulz, Fox + FD = perfect marth counter. Also, bring honor and glory to NM at CCCT!

Neil - Wow, I vastly underestimated you in that tourney set. You've improved a bunch since I last saw you, congrats. btw, your 5 bucks bought me some nuggets and a sprite at wendys =)

Cameron and crew - You guys def. got potential, just keep working on advanced tactics and general strategies and you'll be owning in no time.

Anyway, to answer Trollhammer's question. The July 7 tournament will not be at ninja monkey. It'll be at the Taylor Ranch Community Center on the west side. However, the next monthly, which will also be sometime in July, will be at ninja monkey. Now then to schedule the next monthly. Firstly, we're fairly limited. It will have to be on july 23rd or later. Any suggestions?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I suggest we sit back and wait to see Woody's opinion on the whole matter. Maybe wait for the next monthlie to be in August (That's the month after July, right >.>?).

I feel like my post has been put to shame now. Here we go:

Erich - ****, man. I like... never get to play you. I demand some **** one on ones. By the way, best of luck to you at CCCT. Shame I couldn't go.

Paul - Too good, man. I'll four stock you fo' sho', next time ;)

Everett - Oh, right... you weren't there... well I owned you in spirit =P. Good luck at CCCT.

Niel - I'll MM next time, man! You've gotten better, too. Keep it up ^_^

Yep... I think that's it. **** Samuses........

Pice

Smash Apprentice
If the next one is in august there will be a higher chamce of me attending it..........i hate jobs

slisenberg

Smash Cadet
I couldn't make this recent one because of thursday commitments... so there was one less noob at it.

If there were another scheduled one on a day other than thursday, I'd be much more likely to come and potentially improve.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Alright, well, I too vote the next be in August. We have a July 7th tournament here in Albuquerque, both FC and OC3 are July, as well as wannabe E3, and I think it is inconvient for a lot of us (Me!).

Let's do August.

EDIT: *high fives Trollhammer* Mine too. August 16th.

Top Bottom