• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Albuquerque Monthlies - April 19th

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Different thread .
Yeah, personally, I would say have them get all of the money for the mini tournies, and then they give us gift certificates to Ninjamonkey. It encourages us to come back and play more which means we are likely to bring friends and yeah.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
meh i can only go on a weekaday after one if and only if i get off....on a weekend its up in the air if i can go or not.....i will most likely be attending and pwning all the noobs there to make me feel better about myself...lol

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Dude just make it like 5$ for entry. That is easy enough, and winner gets a gift card.

EASY!

Ps. this is sinz, being too lazy to log of Erichs account.
Just doin a friendly requote.

Thanatos180

Smash Rookie
All of you all's, lol. I think it is pretty much decided. We'll make nice with Ninja Monkey and give them 10%.

*ponders a mock doubles tournament at monthlies*
I'm gonna use June 21st to get my MMs out of the way. Bwahaha.

On that note, for the crew battle are we gonna place teh munnies in teh potz or not?

This is Davis, btw.

Aquanistic

Smash Rookie
Cool, I'll have to check if the date is cool, but so far I'm in.

Is Ninja Monkey going to charge us to rent the place?

Pice

Smash Apprentice
davis....wtf....y the new profile? back read for the info u need aquanistic...they arent going to charge us but we are prolly gonna pay them soo ya...o and btw who r u? and r u coming to the july 7 tourny?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
It isn't new, it is just my friends. Haha.

No, we can get in for free, but you have to pay $5 to enter the singles tournament if you want to enter it.

Also, would someone be willing to make flyers? That would be much appreciated.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
ill make some tommorow i wont print them tho i can send soem to somebody and theylle print k?

Aquanistic

Smash Rookie
davis....wtf....y the new profile? back read for the info u need aquanistic...they arent going to charge us but we are prolly gonna pay them soo ya...o and btw who r u? and r u coming to the july 7 tourny?
I registered on here a while ago and signed up for a tournament, and I wasn't able to make it. I was busy all school, and now that summer is here, I'd like to smash.

I read back, but I could find a list of dates.. The only one I saw was June 21. So far I'm not doing anything then.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
umm there is an actual tourny on july 7....visit the other thread

Aquanistic

Smash Rookie
Oh, I'll be gone then.

I'm sorry for sounding like a n00b, but I'm still new to this board. Where is a list of dates in Albuquerque?

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
There's not a list of dates. We're deciding the dates on a month-to-month basis. So after June 21st, we'll start scheduling the next one, etc.

Aquanistic

Smash Rookie
Ah, so the next one is July 7? Each time a new date is decided, is it posted in a new topic, or in this one? Thanks!

Pice

Smash Apprentice
no july 7 is an actual tournament....i dont no when the next monthley is

Basically yea. So the first monthly we have is June 21st, and then the next one will be sometime after that, which we'll have to plan to get as many people in town at the time as possible. Stinks that you can't make to the tourney though...ah well, we'll be having another one a little while after, and then every few months or so, just to let you know.

Ninja Monkey will not charge us, but the tournament is 5$ to enter, by decree of those holding it(Coughcoughkashcoughcough).

Pice

Smash Apprentice
so wait what time is this going down again? i mean from when to when? i dont really feel like looking at back posts sry : (

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Actual Monthly Schedule?!?!

Holy crap. You all are already deciding the next date for the Albuquerque monthly? :dizzy:

Well anyways, C-J, you don't play smash anymore? ****. I think I only played two matches with you, and that was at TRCC. :urg:

About the Albuquerque Monthlies, I was wondering, will NinjaMonkey post any schedule? I checked out their site, nothing there. I mean, will we receive the dates for each and every monthly so we can check who and how many peeps are coming?
BTW, for June 21st, I probably won't be there till 2:30, and I was wondering when the actual $5 tournament starts... If I don't get there in time...:mad::mad::mad:

Sliraobe God

It'll start whenever we say it starts. And the information will probably be posted on Smashboards by Kash or Steven.

No more smash, eh C-J? Well, it was nice knowing you. Who knows, maybe I'll see you one day down the road in pharmacy. Good luck with the rest of your life.:)

Pice

Smash Apprentice
It'll start whenever we say it starts. And the information will probably be posted on Smashboards by Kash or Steven.

No more smash, eh C-J? Well, it was nice knowing you. Who knows, maybe I'll see you one day down the road in pharmacy. Good luck with the rest of your life.:)
well cj good times.......but u better get a wii for brawl cause we can just play that online

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Aww *is horrifically saddened*

I'll miss you C-J. I understand why you are quiting, though. You want to keep your pride and dignity and not get owned by me. It's okay, I sympathize.

Just messin'. Good luck with your pharmacy studies, man. Best of wishes to you.

We aren't playing the next monthlie (How in God's name do you spell that word) yet. Let's get this one done first. It's so close, I'm all giddy =)

We can start the tournament when we please, so we can wait for you Sliraobe, but you should hurry.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
sooo im prolly gonna be able to go to this, but i mean need a ride..............

Pice

Smash Apprentice
lol ya hes just never happy.....i cant wait until he gets hit by a car

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Actually, I'm being serious; how can a game which requires such precise timing be playable online where lag will always exist. Playing online and playing offline are too different experiences. One experience has lag and the other does not.

Of course, it doesn't really matter if one does not care about playing the game competitively.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I'm being serious; how can a game which requires such precise timing be playable online where lag will always exist. Playing online and playing offline are too different experiences. One experience has lag and the other does not.

Of course, it doesn't really matter if one does not care about playing the game competitively.
Just because Paul set me off, I guess we'll try not to hijack this thread into Brawl. (But Paul, I do believe Nintendo may not live up to our expectations of Brawl.)

BTW, I'll be late because I'm taking summer classes at CNM. I'll hurry, but seriously, you guys can start the tourney without me. Besides, I'll lose anyway :laugh: But I don't mind if you use those 2 hours for warming up/MMs/friendlies.
(Since the monthly is just a week away, I might as well add that my MMs are definitely lost too. I'm just adding to the fun, sympathizing to the poor pro next door ;))

Well, C-J, I didn't know you were planning to major in pharmacy. I hope you enjoy your studies, and please take care of me when I'm a drug-hungry senior citizen!

Sliraobe God

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
lol ya hes just never happy.....i cant wait until he gets hit by a car
Not only quoted for truth, but because it's ****ing hilarious.

Anywho, why the hell are we talking about Brawl's online *looks at thread title and board title* Yep.

Can someone remind me what all I'm bringing to the tournament? I'm forgetful.

P.S. Brawl online will own if not simply for the fact that it is online. Cry me a river, Paul.

That's one of the best quotes I've ever read, Joe. Nice.

Brawl will be online, they've said, but the connection and the speed and lag of online will definitely change depending on the person, how many consoles are using Wi-Fi at the same time, and what kind of computer and internet connection one has. Some will get lag, and others won't. I won't. Can't wait for it, looks freakin' amazing. OK, I've said my piece. I'm done.

What do you need Kash? The tournament or the monthly?

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Uh, all online games have lag. Even if you have an amazing connection the quality of other players' connections will also affect yours . We don't even know how the game is going to work online. I'm guessing that it will be on a server which will help with the lag.

But trust me when I say this, playing online and playing offline feel different from one another. The only game I've played where online and offline feel similar is Halo 2.

Top Bottom