• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Agnes Oblige for DLC and why you should want it!

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Question which do u guys prefer the art cover or the in game model as her appearance in smash
I think her in-game model is would help her stand out more and
The regular battle theme needs to be there too.
I think it's called Bell of Battle, it's a very well composed track too.
I listed all those, minus the Ba'al Theme and Bravely Second music.
I wonder why all mine have different names... >o>

Question which do u guys prefer the art cover or the in game model as her appearance in smash
I think here in game model would help her be more unique amongst the other fighters (plus, it would be easier to make her alt. costumes the other playable characters. >w> ).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

I think her in-game model is would help her stand out more and

I listed all those, minus the Ba'al Theme and Bravely Second music.
I wonder why all mine have different names... >o>

I think here in game model would help her be more unique amongst the other fighters (plus, it would be easier to make her alt. costumes the other playable characters. >w> ).
It's sorta like with Mega Man and how he keeps the same sprite design within his MegaMan, kinda almost makes sense almost.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i stll have my doubts about them in smash but perhaps someone from default or second will make it into the new dissidia

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
i stll have my doubts about them in smash but perhaps someone from default or second will make it into the new dissidia
That's likely, at the very least. Still, I see no reason to not try to get them in.

Also, I'm listening to the BS final boss theme, and it's pretty awesome.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I absolutely adored Bravely Default and if Square Enix ever gets a rep in Smash (which it does deserve) it would make sense for it to be someone from BD, a very well-received franchise with a bright future on the 3DS that, while being a recent franchise, captures the spirit of old school FF. Admittedly, I'm not a fan of Agnes but it does make sense for her to get priority over everyone else. I already voted for Isaac but maybe I will vote for a BD character on my phone or something. You may count me as one of your supporters.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I'm working on the video right now, but its slow going due to SAT's coming up for me. I'll try to keep up work, but not much will happen until mid may at the earliest.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/252156-bravely-second-japanese-sales-details
- sold 100,000 copies in its first week
- Bravely Default: Flying Fairy ended up selling 142,000 copies in its first week
- original had a higher sell-through rate of 85.68 percent
- Bravely Second’s sell-through rate is 53.53 percent
Well this isn't good, 100,000 is somewhat lower than last time. :<

Someone should download this now! This could be extremely useful for our campaign! This is what we need to get an infinite amount of Agnes advertising!

Last edited:

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Last edited:

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
I can't read Japanese, so I have no idea what I just clicked

Ah, nvm, they're textures and stuff.
It's an Agnes model for Miku Miku Dance (MMD).
It's a 3-D animation program and it was originally created for Vocaloids.
I think they made this model because Tetsuya Nomura (who was an artist, designer, and director for a number of Square Enix games) did a collaboration video with Miku Hatsune.

Here's the Trailer for it

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
It's an Agnes model for Miku Miku Dance (MMD).
It's a 3-D animation program and it was originally created for Vocaloids.
I think they made this model because Tetsuya Nomura (who was an artist, designer, and director for a number of Square Enix games) did a collaboration video with Miku Hatsune.

Here's the Trailer for it
Ah okay.

Seriously someone should download the textures, this is a great way to advertise Agnes, does anyone own the 3D animation program?
I downloaded them, don't have the program though.

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Besides just Smash Boards, another idea could be to ask on other forums as well, like the Bravely Default sections on neoseeker, gamefaqs, maybe reddit. You could just reiterate what you said in the OP. I could help out with that.

I kinda just realized that asking Square Enix to have Edea over Agnes in Smash is like asking Nintendo to put Luigi in OVER Mario. The fanbase likes Luigi more, but Mario is the face of Nintendo. Of course, I guess that's irrelevant since both are in, but yeah.

Last edited:

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
I have yet to play Bravely Default but, I do hear good things. I wouldn't mind seeing Agnes in Smash, I would love to have a square representative in the game and it helps that Bravely Default is a Nintendo exclusive. Now that I have a New 3ds I will make time to give the game a play through, as soon as I beat Xenoblade Chronicles and Majora's Mask.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
I have yet to play Bravely Default but, I do hear good things. I wouldn't mind seeing Agnes in Smash, I would love to have a square representative in the game and it helps that Bravely Default is a Nintendo exclusive. Now that I have a New 3ds I will make time to give the game a play through, as soon as I beat Xenoblade Chronicles and Majora's Mask.
You can get the Bravely Default Demo off of the Eshop if you want a quick look at the gameplay.

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
You can get the Bravely Default Demo off of the Eshop if you want a quick look at the gameplay.
Thanks for the heads up! A good friend of mine has actually offered to let me borrow his copy of the game so I should be able to play the whole game through! He did say something about multiple play throughs and things being different. How long does one play through take?

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Thanks for the heads up! A good friend of mine has actually offered to let me borrow his copy of the game so I should be able to play the whole game through! He did say something about multiple play throughs and things being different. How long does one play through take?
I think it took me maybe... 40 to 50 hours?

There's a false ending and a true ending. It's alright if you do the false ending first just to see what happens, cuz once you beat it, the game just takes you back right before you initiated the false ending. Just a heads up, the second half of the game makes you repeat a lot of stuff. It's probably the biggest and really the only major complaint of the game. I personally wasn't bothered by it too much, I think people exaggerate how bad it is. It's not bad, just kind of annoying. So just letting you know so you're prepared for that.

Last edited:

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
I think it took me maybe... 40 to 50 hours?

There's a false ending and a true ending. It's alright if you do the false ending first just to see what happens, cuz once you beat it, the game just takes you back right before you initiated the false ending. Just a heads up, the second half of the game makes you repeat a lot of stuff. It's probably the biggest and really the only major complaint of the game. I personally wasn't bothered by it too much, I think people exaggerate how bad it is. It's not bad, just kind of annoying. So just letting you know so you're prepared for that.
The repetitive stuff isn't bad but they could have used it to better flesh out all the characters more (main characters, allies, and enemies)...

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the information guys. Now I know what I'm in for. Still pretty interested in seeing how it plays out for myself.

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Thanks for the information guys. Now I know what I'm in for. Still pretty interested in seeing how it plays out for myself.
It's a good game. I was wary at first, but gave in and bought it. Now i cant wait for Bravely Second.

Last edited:
So a long time ago my friend bought bravely default and played it to the end. He told me how much I haeed it for the apparent end. And so the game became unimportant to me. But as time passed I started to care more and more about RPGs. Xenoblade Fire emblem etc. Bravely default kept popping up but i trusted mr friend's judgement because he is good with thta stuff. He even recommnded my favorite game of all time. But now he let me borrow it and GOD i wish I did earlier. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite RPGs. Im only up to the 3rd crystal boss (aka Kracko) but i dont think the twist ive been told about will ruin things for me.
definitely hyped for bravely second.

as for Smash. . .agnes is one of those characters who has so much potential it isnt even funny. and that is before putting brave or default into the mix.

although TBH agnes is my least favorite charcter of the 4. So im basically replacing the word agnes with edea everytime I see it.

What do you do if A bravely default character is in smash?
WE! GO! WILD!

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
although TBH agnes is my least favorite charcter of the 4. So im basically replacing the word agnes with edea everytime I see it.

What do you do if A bravely default character is in smash?
WE! GO! WILD!
Haha, that's why i want Edea way more, but Agnes has a bigger chance since Square sees her as the main character.

Bravely second news for both Agnes and Edea

Agnes is kidnapped but she can still communicate with Yu ( the player) and the rest of the team through a pendant. So she isnt totally MIA

Edea is the first character you join up with.

as for the first game
just started chapter 5, the part my friend hates the game for. Hope it isnt too bad. D's identity was a little too obvious.

Last edited:

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Right now we're looking for someone who wouldn't mind doing some recolorings of Agnes that we can post as potential alternate costumes :)

Top Bottom