• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Agnes Oblige for DLC and why you should want it!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't find ninjas very useful at all, they do OK damage when two-handed (that is their special trait I think when it comes that class.
I prefer the countering, as they can live for a surprisingly long amount of time while dealing high damage in return.

I don't find ninjas very useful at all, they do OK damage when two-handed (that is their special trait I think when it comes that class.
I prefer the countering, as they can live for a surprisingly long amount of time while dealing high damage in return.
Wait until you get that skill that multiplies your max hit count by x2 THEN get critical enhancing gear

It gives you zero reason to go level up other damage-role jobs

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
This is completely subjective, but that just sounds game breaking. Doesn't it take away some of the fun or challenge from the experience? Some of the epic boss fights would be over just as fast as normal battles

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Good point about dealing with the repetitive aspects of the game. I think I was overleveled anyway at that point because ... Late game job Spoilers
I didn't understand the Derosso fight and decided to level grind. Then I realized his attacks were based on %'s and that was that

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I finally reached to lvl. 99 in Chapter 8. :O
No more grinding for me!

The only thing I have to do now is do the optional bosses and go to the Holy Pillar, I really hope there's a great conclusion.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I finally reached to lvl. 99 in Chapter 8. :O
No more grinding for me!

The only thing I have to do now is do the optional bosses and go to the Holy Pillar, I really hope there's a great conclusion.
Wow... I forget what level I was when I fought the final boss but I feel like I wasn't max. The conclusion makes all of the tedium worth it!

Folt

Smash Ace
The final boss fight makes it all worth it.

That and the optional battles.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
The final boss is way too hard, especially in it's second form when it does the Weakness effect on every element. You guys have any tips to beating the second form?

;-;

Folt

Smash Ace
The final boss is way too hard, especially in it's second form when it does the Weakness effect on every element. You guys have any tips to beating the second form?

;-;
Overwriting the Weakness effect is possible (like using something that makes you immune to the Elements you're weak to or better), or you could just Dispel it.

BTW, which boss are you talking about?

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I'm pretty sure he's talking about

Airy because she does that annoying attack in quick succession that makes you weak to an element then blasts you for tons of damage. To the best of my recollection, I may have been strong enough to survive her attack so that Agnes could heal the party afterwards, or maybe i couldn't survive it. Well....Tiz was a Slave Maker and casted re raise on everyone when I could so that they would instantly come back to life if they're killed. MY primary attacker was Ringabel as either a pirate, dark knight or ninja. I forget which, but I'm pretty sure I used the pirates debuff attacks on airy to lower her attack power and speed. Lastly, I think I had Edea as a white knight and used rampart to shield the party, but again I cant remember if that blocks Airy's strong attacks. It may negate one of them.

Hope that helps you Blue.

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure he's talking about

Airy because she does that annoying attack in quick succession that makes you weak to an element then blasts you for tons of damage. To the best of my recollection, I may have been strong enough to survive her attack so that Agnes could heal the party afterwards, or maybe i couldn't survive it. Well....Tiz as a Slave Maker and casted re revive on everyone when I could so that they would instantly come back to death if they're killed. MY primary attacker was Ringabel as either a pirate, dark knight or ninja. I forget which, but I'm pretty sure I used the pirates debuff attacks on airy to lower her attack power and speed. Lastly, I think I had Edea as a white knight and used rampart to shield the party, but again I cant remember if that blocks Airy's strong attacks. It may negate one of them.

Hope that helps you Blue.
Mm...

Rampart would likely not help in this case because the attack that comes after is magical.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

This game is seriously testing my high amount of patience with Ouroboros the final boss. ;-;
Even after getting all the multiple worlds together, I still die, even at one point the game froze while the music was still playing.
I need help. Serious help.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
seeing as you're all dolling out advice

ive been stuck on airy for like a year i can beat her first form bur her second form is a real piece of work

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I used the same strategy for both of those fights that i mentioned above. if i didnt debuff the bosses with the pirate specials than i wouldnt have been able to beat it. I also had reraises just in case and some moves that nullify certain attacks for x turns. heal every turn just in case too

Folt

Smash Ace

This game is seriously testing my high amount of patience with Ouroboros the final boss. ;-;
Even after getting all the multiple worlds together, I still die, even at one point the game froze while the music was still playing.
I need help. Serious help.
Oh, that boss.

Ouroboros can be kind of a pain, and the fact that his best attack is 1. magical, 2. not elemental at all, does not help because that means a good deal of your defensive skills are unhelpful. It's best to nullfiy his debuffs because the damage he does is great enough as-is and you don't want him to do more damage to you. Other than that, defense-piercing moves are good to have, and Ouroboros has a type (Dragon) and an elemental weakness (Water) like his subordinate (meaning if you run an element-using class or a class that capitalizes on type weaknesses, they aren't useless). I believe there's a pattern to his attacks as well. Other than that, do not use Hasten World because Ouroboros has an AI programmed for that specific scenario (He'll buff himself/debuff you, then follow up with his best attack, and he's likely to cause a total party kill that way if you're not prepared).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I used the same strategy for both of those fights that i mentioned above. if i didnt debuff the bosses with the pirate specials than i wouldnt have been able to beat it. I also had reraises just in case and some moves that nullify certain attacks for x turns. heal every turn just in case too
alright thamks

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Oh, that boss.

Ouroboros can be kind of a pain, and the fact that his best attack is 1. magical, 2. not elemental at all, does not help because that means a good deal of your defensive skills are unhelpful. It's best to nullfiy his debuffs because the damage he does is great enough as-is and you don't want him to do more damage to you. Other than that, defense-piercing moves are good to have, and Ouroboros has a type (Dragon) and an elemental weakness (Water) like his subordinate (meaning if you run an element-using class or a class that capitalizes on type weaknesses, they aren't useless). I believe there's a pattern to his attacks as well. Other than that, do not use Hasten World because Ouroboros has an AI programmed for that specific scenario (He'll buff himself/debuff you, then follow up with his best attack, and he's likely to cause a total party kill that way if you're not prepared).

No Hasten World sucks ***. ;-;
Thanks for showing the weakness. That helps a lot.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I finally beat the game! I have much to share.

I don't think it holds up as well as Xenoblade Chronicles, but it's still a very good game overall. Love the gameplay and I will somewhat miss these pretty well-developed characters. I was honestly expecting more Ringabel action in the end with some 4th wall action. And you just gotta love that badass Special Movie, I'm surprised they got the voice actor for Magnolia that early.

And I gotta be honest with my thoughts, I just feel like that game's aspects are pretty sexual for some reason.
Awakening the crystal tiring Agnes out, the kidnapping of women with the Red Mage whose name I forgot, the whole town of Florema, and the bravo bikini outfits; I honestly wonder if the developers actually meant to include a bit of it in the game. There are probably are going to go very fanservicy with Magnolia, I just know it.

The only really confusing part that perplexed my mind at the end of the game was Airy telling you that you beat her sister. I thought there was only one version of Airy.

I'm glad I'm done with game, after 2 months of owning the game and using many freakin guides on the internet, I finally beat it, I kinda wanted to beat the game with Hasten World to up the difficulty, that made the fight very satisfying IMO.

Now I can finally play Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, I'm in total full-on support for Agnes Oblige.

Perhaps one of you could make a support thread for Magnolia too, I would gladly support her too.

I still have a topic I gotta ask, if by any chance any Bravely Default character make it in Smash, would you want him/her in their mini big-head version or their full appearance like in the artwork?

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I finally beat the game! I have much to share.

I don't think it holds up as well as Xenoblade Chronicles, but it's still a very good game overall. Love the gameplay and I will somewhat miss these pretty well-developed characters. I was honestly expecting more Ringabel action in the end with some 4th wall action. And you just gotta love that badass Special Movie, I'm surprised they got the voice actor for Magnolia that early.

And I gotta be honest with my thoughts, I just feel like that game's aspects are pretty sexual for some reason.
Awakening the crystal tiring Agnes out, the kidnapping of women with the Red Mage whose name I forgot, the whole town of Florema, and the bravo bikini outfits; I honestly wonder if the developers actually meant to include a bit of it in the game. There are probably are going to go very fanservicy with Magnolia, I just know it.

The only really confusing part that perplexed my mind at the end of the game was Airy telling you that you beat her sister. I thought there was only one version of Airy.

I'm glad I'm done with game, after 2 months of owning the game and using many freakin guides on the internet, I finally beat it, I kinda wanted to beat the game with Hasten World to up the difficulty, that made the fight very satisfying IMO.

Now I can finally play Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, I'm in total full-on support for Agnes Oblige.

Perhaps one of you could make a support thread for Magnolia too, I would gladly support her too.

I still have a topic I gotta ask, if by any chance any Bravely Default character make it in Smash, would you want him/her in their mini big-head version or their full appearance like in the artwork?
Probably the full appearance, to be honest. Also,

That wash't Airy, that was her Sister, the same one who talks to you at the beginning of the game and the same one that gave Tiz life after the incident with the Great Chasm.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I actually went to Gamefaqs for my answer.

Kinda weird how Tiz just randomly dies and Agnes and Edea are just passing by during the credits though.

Now it makes a little more sense.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
New Moveset Idea:

A attacks: a bunch of generic strikes with a weapon. They have to work for many weapons, since the weapon changes, as you will see.

Neutral B: Default. Temproarily get super armor and damage reduction (about 1-2 seconds), but all momentum stops and Agnes cannot attack for the duration. getting hit while defaulting rewards you with BP.

Down B: Brave. expend a BP to go into brave mode. You're next move has significantly decreased end lag. Can be activated up to 3 times at once, allowing the next 3 attacks to benefit.

Up B: Jump. Agnes jumps into the air before coming down, spiking enemies in her path.

Side B: Asterisk. This is based on the job system of bravely default. Activating this cycles through the 8 jobs available to Agnes. The direction you cycle through is determined by which direction you press. A job effects stats and many other things. After about 30 seconds in a job, it begins to decay, decreasing its stats. You have to switch to a new job if you want to not have to stick with lowered stats. The jobs are as follows:

Freelancer: Basic job. Wields a sword. Balanced stats. Does not suffer from job decay.

Knight: A heavy job that's hard to knock off and takes reduced damage. Has a stronger shield and its default doubles as a counterattack. Attacks are slower but stronger, using a sword. This job has weak armor. Speed somewhat reduced. Recovery is greatly hampered, but up B has an invincible start up when used on the ground.

Black Mage: Lighter/easier to knock off, much weaker melee attacks. Attacks with a rod. Somewhat faster and somewhat worse recovery. Many attacks gain a lot of range. For example, forward smash sends out a fire attack in front of her with a lot of range and fair becomes a weak projectile. These attacks are of a respectable strength, unlike the job's melee attacks.

White mage: Like Black mage, but slower, better at recovering, and heavier. This job uses a staff and it has magic like the black mage, but it tends to be weaker and with worse hitboxes. These attacks do, however, have wind boxes. Default reflects projectiles. Down smash is not an attack, but a heal with a high startup and end lag, reducing percent and removing statuses of Agnes and all nearby allies. Full charge casts reraise, which lasts 15 seconds and shoots the fighter back towards the stage with should they be knocked into the blast zone.

Monk: Fights with fists, reducing range significantly but increasing the strength of attacks. Attacks start faster but have higher end lag. Attacks have increased shield damage. Anges is faster and has higher air speed but has worse jump height and recovery. Is heavier by a degree, but takes more damage from attacks.

Thief: Lighter, faster, and better jumps. Wields a knife, reducing damage and range while decreasing start up and end lag by a bit. Attacks cause enemies to drop held items.

Valkyrie: Wields a spear, increasing range. Attacks are stronger at the tip of the spear and can break shields easily, bt anywhere else on the spear is pathetically weak. Jumps higher and is more maneuverable in the air but is slower on the ground. Up B is much higher, faster, and stronger.

Dark Knight: Somewhat heavier, slower, and worse at recovering. Attacks are significantly slower but gain strength, super armor, and range due to a dark aura around many attacks. Gains a rage effect that increases the range, damage, and knock back of moves at Agnes takes damage. Attacking cause Agnes to take damage.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Jump seems a little generic don't you think?
Is this based on the Valkyrie class?
I think there better options for recoveries IMO.
Any ideas? The valykrie is the best one I could come up with. And it should be generic: all the jobs need to be able to use it.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Aero seems like the right move to use for Agnes, plus it suits her well since she's basically your White Mage (Healer) in Bravely Default.
I dunno, that seems like it would be a white mage thing. I wanted it to be generic so that it could change between classes. For example, white mage could very well include aero in her up B variation, but, say, the knight wouldn't.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
You can still put Aero as a choice regardless what class it is, I think in this case, you can ignore what's canon in BD.
I dunno, I just think it fits more than aero. Besides, I was thinking of changing things over to a Bowser jr/-style different costumes=different characters thing. I guess I don't see much of a reason to choose aero when it's probably already part of white mage's A attacks.

Top Bottom