• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Agnes Oblige for DLC and why you should want it!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
MajorMajora liked your first support post here though, I think that is also enough to show he's open to spreading the word. I have my Agnes signature already without his permission, you should too. Given that the signatures were made by me, I'd be happy to see my signature shared.

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Oh hey guys. Try not to think of me as the head honcho around here. Do what you can to support, everything here is for the Agnes4dlc community. I'm just the guy who wrote the OP.

slambros

Smash Ace
If Square Enix chooses to go the relevancy route with their hypothetical representative, I'd request Agnes. The not-legendary argument isn't relevant because the game is hit, selling over a million and maybe even a little more, so there's really nothing in the way of the protagonist except for developer will. I'll support her.

Neku ネク

Smash Apprentice
Given that the signatures were made by me, I'd be happy to see my signature shared.
Oh I thought they were his, which was why I was wondering lol. If they're yours and you approve then consider it done.

Personally, from Square Enix, I'd prefer to see Sora/Roxas or Neku Sakuraba added, but Agnes would be just as awesome.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I really wish for some Bravely Default representation on Smash, but about Agnes; not sure if this has been discussed before on the thread but if now she being the damsel in distress, affects her chances? I really don't like the idea of her being rescued after in BD she was used to get into many classes.

Neku ネク

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't think being the DiD would affect anything. Throughout the story of BD, she plays a major role in restoring the crystals and becoming part of the main reason the team travels around Luxendarc. She may at first seem like she needs saving but towards the end of the story (and as it progresses) she becomes more confident because of her team (especially Tiz). I think she'll be perfectly fine.

Last edited:

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Well guys, tried my hand at image editing for the first time to try and make some recolors of Agnes. Here's the first one, I'll try and make 8 or so and post one every day. Please make suggestions as to what color I should use and which parts of the image I should recolor if you don't like how I'm doing it.

EDIT: Also, if anyone finds a better image of Agnes, feel free to post it and I'll recolor that instead!

Attachments

Last edited:

Neku ネク

Smash Apprentice
Very nice. For the colors, I'd use the main colors that most characters are given: Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, and Black.

If you want to do different colors, try Purple, Sky Blue, Orange, Pink and White. Those are my suggestions from what character colors I've seen.

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Thanks! Yeah, I was actually going to do those exact 5 colors in order haha, didn't know what to do after that though. I'll try the other ones you've listed as well.

@ MajorMajora MajorMajora If you wouldn't mind adding these to the OP as I post them, that'd be great.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Okay I'll try once we have more than just the default (we have plenty of pictures of her default as it is).

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Right, okay. Should I just recolor the default image then instead of the one I'm currently using?

By default image I mean her art from the cover of Bravely Default.

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Right, okay. Should I just recolor the default image then instead of the one I'm currently using?

By default image I mean her art from the cover of Bravely Default.
Either one is fun. My concern was that it would be worthless until there were at least 2 palettes. What image those palettes are on is irrelevant.

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Here's a red recolor.

Oh, the default should be posted too, here it is.

@ MajorMajora MajorMajora Here's a green one. I think I'll do yellow next and then see if I can base the last 3 off of Tiz, Edea, and Ringabel.

Attachments

Last edited:

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
I absolutely love these. I'd use green... by default. HUEHUE.
Haha thanks! I don't know if I'll be able to finish any today since I'm busy, but I should have at least one up tomorrow.

EDIT: I just noticed her headband >.> I'll try recoloring it later and see how it looks, and if it looks good, I'll replace the above pictures.

Last edited:

Neku ネク

Smash Apprentice
Well let me propose something. Instead of just recoloring her fur around her dress, why not recolor the dress as well?

For example, let's look at my main, Rosalina. When you change colors of her dress, two sections change: her dress itself and the collar, wrist cuffs and the bottom lace.

Why don't you take her main dress and recolor that as well as recoloring her fur. Also if you do that, why not do different color combos?

Rosalina, again. White dress + red lacing > black dress + yellow lacing.

Again just my suggestion. I don't know if it'd be much harder to do but yeah.

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Well let me propose something. Instead of just recoloring her fur around her dress, why not recolor the dress as well?

For example, let's look at my main, Rosalina. When you change colors of her dress, two sections change: her dress itself and the collar, wrist cuffs and the bottom lace.

Why don't you take her main dress and recolor that as well as recoloring her fur. Also if you do that, why not do different color combos?

Rosalina, again. White dress + red lacing > black dress + yellow lacing.

Again just my suggestion. I don't know if it'd be much harder to do but yeah.
I was actually talking to @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 about this. I wasn't sure which part to recolor but eventually decided on just the cuffs and whatnot. However, I can recolor the main part of the dress too, won't be difficult. In fact, I'm doing that for the Edea, Tiz, and Ringabel recolors. As for the other 4 alts, if you want to suggest combinations, go right ahead, and I'll do it. :)

Also, I think we should start discussing specific movesets

EDIT: Okay, I lied, I couldn't resist trying the Edea recolor today. Here's what I have so far. I feel like the hair's a bit too dark, gonna try a lighter color, but what do you guys think?

Attachments

Last edited:

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
I absolutely love that color combo. It looks sooooo good.

As for movesets, we could start discussing that if everyone's up for it. I've got some ideas myself.
Haha, I love it too, but that hair's a bit too dark for Edea. I think I'll still keep this one tho cuz it looks pretty good. I'll keep messing around with the colors to try to get that shade of Edea's hair.

Let's hear your ideas, more people will start discussing once we have a discussion going on :p

EDIT: This turned out a bit messy, but it's alright I guess. I may try to fix it up later if it's bothering people.

Attachments

Last edited:

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Another double post, but you guys don't get notifications if I edit my previous post >.>

I forgot to post this here, but here's something I sent to @ MajorMajora MajorMajora and @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 awhile back. It's how I thought we could work to promote Agnes for Smash 4.

1. I suggest we make some recolorings of Agnes as alternate costumes. Possible stages would be amazing as well. Nothing too fancy, just general ideas.

2. Already posted this in the thread, but we need to advertise on other forums as well. On Smash Boards we've gotten a few supporters, but we could really make more players aware of this by posting in the Bravely and Smash sections on other forums like gamefaqs, neoseeker, reddit, IGN, and a whole bunch of other places. Really, any forum that has a Bravely section and/or Smash Bros section. The thing is, here on Smashboards, people want other characters like King K Rool and Shovel Knight more. That's the reality. If we post in the Bravely sections of other forums, we're sure to find way more people willing to support us.

3. I guess this goes with the advertise thing, but make more people aware of the petition.

4. Contact Square Enix. I'm not entirely sure how we'd do this, but we're already making Nintendo aware by voting on the Smash ballot. But it'll take two for this to work. Square Enix also needs to be made aware that we want Agnes in Smash 4, so we need to figure out a way to let them know as well.
I ended up doing the recolorings, but it's all good, having fun doing it :p I'm not sure how I would go about doing possible stages tho. I think we could start doing numbers 2 and 3. Also, thinking of movesets goes with numero uno. I think we should really have some good ideas before we attempt to contact Square Enix with them.

Last edited:

Neku ネク

Smash Apprentice
Well, as for move sets... some of them I probably won't know how to explain.

Jabs: I'd say just a single jab with a knife/sword. She starts out as a Freelancer, so normally those begin with daggers/swords. Probably a quick strike with the animation that she uses in BD. I'd say about 6-8 damage (reminiscent of Roy's jab).

Tilts: no clue. Maybe work in some Monk/Thief moves for these.

FSmash: Crescent Moon / Stomp / Double Damage / Amped Strike / Shippuujinrai... I could go on with this.

DSmash: I'd say Quaga. It's an earth based move, so charging it up would increase the range around her character and damage dealt.

USmash: Dark/Holy seems like it'd work. I think based on her sprite color, her move set could change (if she's wearing a lighter color, it'd be Holy. If it's a darker color, it'd be Dark). These moves, I suppose could work like Mewtwo's USmash and Palutena's USmash (for Dark and Holy respectively).

Neutral B: Maybe Dark Bane. It could shoot a beam that could possibly be charged.

Down B: Nothing Ventured. It would function as a normal counter move (I think it'd look something like Shulk's Vision move).

If we don't want a Counter move, how about Poison/Sleep? It'd be a small move (somewhat like Mewtwo's Disable, requiring people to be within range to take effect).

- Now that I look, Swordmaster already has an ability called Counter... So let's not do that. Too boring.

Side B: Blood Thirst (from Vampire). Idk, maybe drain something close to what Robin can do, but perhaps a little less (since it can be used more than Robin's Nosferatu can).

If not that, how about Twilight / Exterminate. It'd function with the Poison / Sleep special. Instead of Twilight actually killing someone, maybe just deal a large amount of damage like Exterminate. I suppose that combo could be set up something like Jigglypuff's Sing + Rest combo.

Up B: High Jump. It makes sense, since it kinda reminds me of King De De De and his move.

Final Smash: I have no idea. I'd assume perhaps it'd be something to do with the Brave / Default thing. Either that, or we could do a Summoner thing (maybe use one of the 5 Summons to deal damage to people caught within a small AoE). OR we could do a Summon Friend thing where it traps people in a small AoE then summons a random Job (with either Tiz, Ringabel, or Edea's sprite).

...Now that I've written all that down, dis bish has so many options for moves it's mind boggling. Some of these could actually make her custom moves as well, but that's a whole other story.

Last edited:

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
I was actually thinking it'd be pretty sweet if down B could somehow function as Default? Sorta like a counter. Like maybe she uses Down B to go Default and she takes much less damage, but she's unable to attack for a certain period of time and her speed slows down. She presses Down B again to go into Brave mode and her attacks deal more damage and knockback.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Something important:
K. Rool fans should read this new translated post from SourceGaming...it's the initial design document for Smash 4, and needless to say, it has a handful of revelations for anyone interested in character selection and evaluation.

There are points on here that don't sit well with me (the confirmation of token "surprise" characters and these specific characters being the first ones locked in), but that's water under the bridge. What we can see here is how Sakurai uses "themes" to evaluate the uniqueness of a character, or at least the particularly gimmicky ones.

If you haven't yet put in your ballot or plan to put in others, consider listing off some themes K. Rool could use ("weapons user" or "traps and trickery," for starters) rather than just individual move choices. Doing the latter is possibly a contributing factor to Sakurai adapting the mindset of "the fans don't know any better, so I'll give them what they didn't know they wanted."
What kind of theme would Agnes have?

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Whatever her default theme is.

Jk, idk, gonna have to give it some thought.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I still like the idea of switching Asterisks, which, while not giving her outright new movesets, add special properties to her other moves, such as the weapon she's holding, and her stats.

Neku ネク

Smash Apprentice
I still like the idea of switching Asterisks, which, while not giving her outright new movesets, add special properties to her other moves, such as the weapon she's holding, and her stats.
That is a good idea, but you have to consider how much work that'd be for the development team. I feel if she had at least a set list of moves and the rest could be customs.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
That is a good idea, but you have to consider how much work that'd be for the development team. I feel if she had at least a set list of moves and the rest could be customs.
Yeah, but honestly I'm really more hoping for her in smash 5 more than anything else. The window on DLC is far too small, not to mention that Sakurai said it was mostly for the fans, and Square Ennix representation is possibly one of the biggest things in her favor (I actually recently changed my vote from her to Impa). I mostly want people to understand why she's a good rep in the long term, especially since in Smash 5 she could probably get more love and a better moveset.

That's why I've kind of slowed down. I think a more long term approach is more suited to Bravely rep in particular. I still want to see her in smash, but I have changed my perspective.

Last edited:

Neku ネク

Smash Apprentice
Ah. I understand. Personally I would prefer to see Sora or Neku Sakuraba before Agnes. I just didn't see this thread before so I'm definitely still going to support it for Smash 5 (if that is going to be a reality). However in terms of reps for Square Enix I would think people from Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy would make it further in the polls. I voted for Sora for the dlc ballot so yeah.

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
I don't believe the window is too small at all. Sakurai said several more characters based on fan service will be released, and Smash 4 still has several years left. Agnes still has a chance, it's just that she has to compete with Sora and Cloud.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Yeah my idea for Agnes was that she would have Asterisk as side B (you can cycle in either direction for ease of use), ...something as her up B, default as her down b, and brave as her standard b.

Default would render her incapable of being launched and gives damage reduction, but she can't attack or use specials, and she can still be grabbed. It lasts a second, can interrupt combos if done correctly, but can also be punished. It grants her BP f(either per use or per hit it absorbs), which can be expended by her neutral special to give her next attack significantly reduced starting and end lag. She can use it up to 3 times (if she has 3 bp) to cause her next 3 attacks to have this function without reactivating the move each time. she can go negative, but she gets a stat reduction until she's back at or more.

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
If she'll cycle through Asterisks, then maybe that should be neutral B instead? Similar to how Shulk cycles through Monado Arts with neutral B.

Final Smash should be her going full Brave mode and using some powerful attack. I can't give an example at the moment cuz I haven't played BD in months so I don't really recall the moves :p

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
If she'll cycle through Asterisks, then maybe that should be neutral B instead? Similar to how Shulk cycles through Monado Arts with neutral B.

Final Smash should be her going full Brave mode and using some powerful attack. I can't give an example at the moment cuz I haven't played BD in months so I don't really recall the moves :p
Well, first of all, I think her final smash is either:
A: Summon friend
B: Bravely Second
C: Summonning magic

And I did it as side B so that A: She could cycle more precisely (if there were any more than 5 it would take too long to cycle through) and B because it makes more sense than having brave or default being side b. And it's not like it's hurting anyone being there.

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Well, first of all, I think her final smash is either:
A: Summon friend
B: Bravely Second
C: Summonning magic

And I did it as side B so that A: She could cycle more precisely (if there were any more than 5 it would take too long to cycle through) and B because it makes more sense than having brave or default being side b. And it's not like it's hurting anyone being there.
Oh yeah, forgot about Bravely Second, haha that should be it. Or if it's summon friend, then she summons Edea, Tiz, and Ringabel.

I thought Down B could be Brave after Default is used.

The way I imagined the final smash was Bravely Second essentially acting the way Stop works in Kingdom Hearts (oh hey another square game)

all enemies are frozen in place. You can still deal damage but enemies will not be launched and percent will not increase. When time runs out they will all suddenly take that damage and knock back. Of course that knockback would probably need to give diminishing returns because 2 f-smashes would always be a kill :p

Top Bottom