• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Agnes Oblige for DLC and why you should want it!

Agnes is being rated today in the rate their chances thread. Feel free to head over and show your support (just dont inflate any scores :p)

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
We know her chances are low, but we just have to keep trying. Let's start actually mapping different moves to the different buttons. We can each make our own moveset and post it here.

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
I had noticed this thread wayyyy back but avoided posting because I hadn't finished the game. Well, after almost a year, I finally have, and I must say it's one of my favourite RPGs ever.
Definitely support Agnès, as well as all of the BD characters, and I must say it'd be nice if she could have alternate costumes for each of them.
SO yea, I support^^

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Yeah I've been a bit busy, but I'll try to get those alts done while I can. The rest of you can discuss movesets to keep this thread active so it doesn't sink into the depths of this board.

So the Asterisk idea, would that only change her special moves?

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Foolssigma used Raise on the Agnes support thread. The thread was revived!

What would you guys think about an Agnes Mii costume?

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Probably more likely than a character at this point. I don't think you can directly campaign for a custom. Just showing interest in the character through the ballot should be enough for Nintendo to notice. At that point if there was enough interest but not a ton, they'd opt for the Mii costume.

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Aw c'mon guys, don't aim for a Mii costume. Aim high :) Then ur probably guaranteed to at least hit low.

Btw, according to all those reddit votes, Edea has more support than Agnes.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Aw c'mon guys, don't aim for a Mii costume. Aim high :) Then ur probably guaranteed to at least hit low.

Btw, according to all those reddit votes, Edea has more support than Agnes.
Good point. We must aim for an Agnes trophy!

I've heard that too in the past in regard to Edea's popularity. MRGRGRGR.
We'll never really know exactly how well everyone is doing in the ballot unleases Nintendo decides to release something later in the year.

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Good point. We must aim for an Agnes trophy!

I've heard that too in the past in regard to Edea's popularity. MRGRGRGR.
We'll never really know exactly how well everyone is doing in the ballot unleases Nintendo decides to release something later in the year.
Playable character buddy, no less :p
I would much prefer Edea over Agnes. I didn't like Agnes as much. But Square would rather push Agnes I bet, so yeah.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Playable character buddy, no less :p
I would much prefer Edea over Agnes. I didn't like Agnes as much. But Square would rather push Agnes I bet, so yeah.
I either read or heard somewhere that Square pushed Agnes to be the most popular character but its actually Edea. If we got a BD rep, I'd pull for Agnes with an alt for Tiz, Ringabel and Edea. They all have the same abilities so it works perfectly.

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
I either read or heard somewhere that Square pushed Agnes to be the most popular character but its actually Edea. If we got a BD rep, I'd pull for Agnes with an alt for Tiz, Ringabel and Edea. They all have the same abilities so it works perfectly.
If you could find and post the source for that, that'd be great. Sounds interesting.

We still need to get working on movesets :p I still disagree with Side B being the Asterisk switch button, I think it should be Neutral B similar to Shulk changing Monado Arts. Idk, it just makes more sense to me. But the difference here is that if Agnes were given this ability, her entire moveset would change with each Asterisk. With Shulk, only his attributes changed, so i'm not sure if this would be feasible for the developers. Maybe it could be more like Kirby where she gets different attacks from the different Asterisks, similar to how he has different moves from a variety of copy abilities.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
If you could find and post the source for that, that'd be great. Sounds interesting.

We still need to get working on movesets :p I still disagree with Side B being the Asterisk switch button, I think it should be Neutral B similar to Shulk changing Monado Arts. Idk, it just makes more sense to me. But the difference here is that if Agnes were given this ability, her entire moveset would change with each Asterisk. With Shulk, only his attributes changed, so i'm not sure if this would be feasible for the developers. Maybe it could be more like Kirby where she gets different attacks from the different Asterisks, similar to how he has different moves from a variety of copy abilities.
Sakurai did scrap multiple movesets for fighters. Well transforming characters but still, the concept seems too similar in my opinion. I want to replay BD at some point. That would help me throw together move set ideas. There's almost the problem of too many possibilities when you take into account all of the astericks which makes creating a moveset more difficult.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I think one option could be to give Agnes a Brave/Default special (maybe Down B) and then incorporate some of the asterisks into the rest of her moveset.

Defaulting would work sort of similar to charging up Samus' or Lucario's Neutral B moves, except that once you fully charged, a number under your character icon would increase by one, maxing out at 3 (or 2 if having 3 levels of Brave would be too complicated). In order to make things easier, braving would automatically use up all of your stored BP. Braving would temporarily increase your power and launching ability, but decrease your defense a bit, with the effect lasting longer the more BP you had before braving. I feel like it would also make sense to add additional effects to special attacks to sort of approximate the extra attacks you get in Bravely Default when you brave.

I'm not totally sure how feasible that would all be and there are probably better ways to implement a Brave/Default system than what I just described. That said, I think it would make Agnes distinctive and help her represent something unique about the Bravely series.

Last edited:

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
I think one option could be to give Agnes a Brave/Default special (maybe Down B) and then incorporate some of the asterisks into the rest of her moveset.

Defaulting would work sort of similar to charging up Samus' or Lucario's Neutral B moves, except that once you fully charged, a number under your character icon would increase by one, maxing out at 3 (or 2 if having 3 levels of Brave would be too complicated). In order to make things easier, braving would automatically use up all of your stored BP. Braving would temporarily increase your power and launching ability, but decrease your defense a bit, with the effect lasting longer the more BP you had before braving. I feel like it would also make sense to add additional effects to special attacks to sort of approximate the extra attacks you get in Bravely Default when you brave.

I'm not totally sure how feasible that would all be and there are probably better ways to implement a Brave/Default system than what I just described. That said, I think it would make Agnes distinctive and help her represent something unique about the Bravely series.
Yeah, this has been discussed a lot already. I was thinking that it'd work more like a counter that doesnt deal damage. She takes much less damage and knockback and moves more slowly or something like that? And then she can use Down B again to activate Brave mode where she deals increased damage and knockback.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Some random funny pictures I found related to BD:

SPOILERS SORT OF:

SPoiler:

Reposting this image because I still think its hilarious.

Someone might have shared this one in this thread ages ago

Image overload.. tee hee. Done for now before I stay up finding more and more images

Top Bottom