• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Bill by any other name would smell as sweet - Nov 14/15 - Melee, Brawl, Brawl+

stingers

Smash Obsessed
chu 2 stocked me @.@ but it was delfino you understand why i didnt want to stay ROB :( had to try something.

anyway...i'm gonna main mk now...and yes, everyone, my mk is definitely nowhere near as good as my ROB is lol...not sarcasm...but i'm working on it. i never really felt any sense of loyalty to ROB anyway, ROB will be my secondary for matchups he does better in then MK like Diddy or...Ganondorf, but otherwise I'm pretty sure I'll fight through the rough beginning so I can piss you all off like Flamingo in a few months...@.@

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
wait Toon Link in Roytards?
wat?
Up the Butt, Smith.

Haha, no, it was just a picture me and RTF found with Japanese text, and the only thing I could think of that Lucas could possibly be saying so happily is "UP THE BUTT!!!" Though, Zo DOES main random, and after trying to duplicate your bair combos you did to me at billfest against him, he wants to pick him up, too. Along with every other character.

NORTH CAROLINA, STACK IT UP THE BUTT!!

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
20 pages...... Since I am the brawl authority around here, let me set some **** straight:

That's like saying that when black people weren't segregated and not allowed in a lot of locations, they should understand it's an official decision and that they aren't forced to go to said places; on top of that, it's saying that they shouldn't protest it or try to have it changed.
You're comparing something on government level (public) to a smash bros tournament (private) as if all rights and rules apply......they don't. Kind of like how a dean could kick a public speaker off of duke's campus anytime they want for near whatever reason, opposed to public universities like state and unc. It makes zero sense. Seriously though, not to sound like the typical 'you don't understand because your young' person, but a lot of you aren't used to privatization (the real world outside public establishments) if a smash tournament causes this much of an uproar.

Have ya'll even thought about the consequences and ramifications if the private sector was obligated to satisfy protest of common rights in private business? If court ruled in favor of something with similar logic applied it would be a domino effect, having far-reaching results of totally non-related things... people would be suing their employers for firing them.

Just because the consequences are different in this silly argument doesn't mean that the same logic can't be applied though, especially when foxy used that wack metaphor<3. So yeah, unless anyone feels like refuting the positive aspects of having a TO do whatever the **** he wants, as well as the negative aspects of him not having authority, not much progress will be made in arguing.

Flamingo and Killer are the only ones primarily affected by this decision anyways. Which is kind of lame...... but flamingo, can you not play a different character? I'm sorry if you _really_ can't, but c'mon! If it affects you that much, maybe there was good reasoning for this after all under these circumstances being that it demonstrates a helpless reliance on mk. Just throwing that out there, although I agreed with your post though for the most part.

I'm against a state-wide mk ban, but TOTALLY, 100% FOR, Bill doing whatever the **** he wants at HIS tournament. This is just a drop in the bucket for our state's smash scene, I don't see why it's such a big deal. This may be good for the mk ban movement but most likely the only impact it will have is bill and alex reflecting on the outcome to see if they'll do it again for next billfest. In short, every one should give it a try and talk about it later.

..moving on to more important things:

1. I own danny mexico.
2. Once my sheik makes it to a tournament opinions regarding her will be paralleled to that of MK in brawl.
3. People would probably say that my sheik in brawl is even gayer.
4. Panel should consist of Dorsey, Ace, LozR, Jim, and Dorsey.
5. Everyone should debate this AFTER the outcome of the tournament, as to whether or not bill-bro and karn should do it again.

Vilt

Smash Lord
Jeez guys. Wow...so much for bro love. He's doing one tourney with MK banned. Just go with it and see what happens. You guys know it'll be interesting to see what happens when you can't hear the announcer go "METAKNIGHT!" then the count down.

And no offense to PP cause you know I love you bro, but if Pyro didn't leave early and stayed for singles another MK would have been 2nd or 1st.

@Bill: Sorry that people just can't shrug off some things and come for the fun and awesomeness that is a billfest.

Edit: I'm winning barwl. :O

Foxy

Smash Master
20 pages...... Since I am the brawl authority around here, let me set some **** straight:

You're comparing something on government level (public) to a smash bros tournament (private) as if all rights and rules apply......they don't. Kind of like how a dean could kick a public speaker off of duke's campus anytime they want for near whatever reason, opposed to public universities like state and unc. It makes zero sense. Seriously though, not to sound like the typical 'you don't understand because your young' person, but a lot of you aren't used to privatization (the real world outside public establishments) if a smash tournament causes this much of an uproar.

Have ya'll even thought about the consequences and ramifications if the private sector was obligated to satisfy protest of common rights in private business? If court ruled in favor of something with similar logic applied it would be a domino effect, having far-reaching results of totally non-related things... people would be suing their employers for firing them.

Just because the consequences are different in this silly argument doesn't mean that the same logic can't be applied though, especially when foxy used that wack metaphor<3. So yeah, unless anyone feels like refuting the positive aspects of having a TO do whatever the **** he wants, as well as the negative aspects of him not having authority, not much progress will be made in arguing.

Flamingo and Killer are the only ones primarily affected by this decision anyways. Which is kind of lame...... but flamingo, can you not play a different character? I'm sorry if you _really_ can't, but c'mon! If it affects you that much, maybe there was good reasoning for this after all under these circumstances being that it demonstrates a helpless reliance on mk. Just throwing that out there, although I agreed with your post though for the most part.

I'm against a state-wide mk ban, but TOTALLY, 100% FOR, Bill doing whatever the **** he wants at HIS tournament. This is just a drop in the bucket for our state's smash scene, I don't see why it's such a big deal. This may be good for the mk ban movement but most likely the only impact it will have is bill and alex reflecting on the outcome to see if they'll do it again for next billfest. In short, every one should give it a try and talk about it later.

..moving on to more important things:

1. I own danny mexico.
2. Once my sheik makes it to a tournament opinions regarding her will be paralleled to that of MK in brawl.
3. People would probably say that my sheik in brawl is even gayer.
4. Panel should consist of Dorsey, Ace, LozR, Jim, and Dorsey.
5. Everyone should debate this AFTER the outcome of the tournament, as to whether or not bill-bro and karn should do it again.
successfully trolled

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Was there a full moon or something last night?

Y'all are acting like some *****es.

It's Brawl, but more importantly, it's a ****ing video game. Get over it, get over yourselves. Bill makes whatever rules he wants. Don't come if you don't like it. Christ.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
This got ugly real quick.

If you guys dont like it don't come, I believe both sides of the debate have been fully represented by this point and nothing has convinced either side to change their opinion.

If you disagree with the rules then the best way for you to discourage a TO from doing it again is to not attend.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
If you weren't already aware, I'm ****ing Don Hudson. I'm the best at Brawl, Melee and B+ while having my eyes closed, getting my pole polished and having a ham sandwich. Take a look at my abs. You know you wish you had abs hard enough to break God's nose, but you don't.

Scream at me.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Can't edit post for some reason so I have to double post.

@dark hart: wanna melee money match (aliteration *****es) cause I'm pretty sure I can beat you in that game too.
I believe that bolded part, which you said mind you, means putting money on the line. Doesn't that count as your terms?

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I'm not gonna argue with you about. If I mis-spoke before then so be it. I wont do it on anything but the terms I named (you know what I'm talking about), man up or drop it.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Yes it seems I let you get to me at some point and now I have incurred the wrath of the high school internet kid with too much time on his hands and apparently no friends or hobbies to keep him entertained... save trolling.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I'm not gonna argue with you about. If I mis-spoke before then so be it. I wont do it on anything but the terms I named (you know what I'm talking about), man up or drop it.
Sorry Bill, I forgot that if you don't agree with something it's obviously wrong. I forgot that if you don't get things the way you want than everyone else is the culprit. I forgot that because we won't accept each others terms to a simple MONEY match, I'm the one who has to man up. I forgot that when it comes to anything about anything you are obviously correct and nothing you say should be questioned.

Yes it seems I let you get to me at some point and now I have incurred the wrath of the high school internet kid with too much time on his hands and apparently no friends or hobbies to keep him entertained... save trolling.
Alright, that's it. $20 MM 3/5

Btw I'm in college, I bring my laptop to classes to look at powerpoint notes instead of taking notes. I have a close nit group of friends who're very good to and keep me entertained. I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to try and lower an 18 year old's self-esteem

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Whatever dark hart let me know when you want to take the bet, if you don't want to then thats fine but stop bringing up the mm cause I'm not taking it on anything but my terms, perhaps then its me who needs to man up, so be it. Either way I'm only doing it on my terms.

You don't realize how far off topic that last statement from you was.

Alright, that's it. $20 MM 3/5

Btw I'm in college, I bring my laptop to classes to look at powerpoint notes instead of taking notes. I have a close nit group of friends who're very good to and keep me entertained. I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to try and lower an 18 year old's self-esteem
ah how cute. Did I upset you little Dark Hart?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I love this quote. SO much.
OK that **** has to stop kid.

Dark Hart, why won't you just accept his terms? You'd rather lose 20 bucks than not be able to talk **** on brawl around Bill? (assuming you'd lose only because that's the worst possible scenario in your case aka the only reason you shouldn't accept)

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
*summoned to thread*

k. lets see whats going on now *reads through last few pages*

and you guys got me on a bad day. lets hope some of you are still here after this. <3

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
1st, understand this

This got ugly real quick.

If you guys dont like it don't come, I believe both sides of the debate have been fully represented by this point and nothing has convinced either side to change their opinion.

If you disagree with the rules then the best way for you to discourage a TO from doing it again is to not attend.

next "hotfuzz" is banned. I don't think I need to explain why.

Top Bottom