• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Bill by any other name would smell as sweet - Nov 14/15 - Melee, Brawl, Brawl+

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Bill, didn't I tell you to get off of your period?
I doubt this was an attempt to goad me, but really now. An attempt at no argument save an attack on my character and then a follow up of "I'm the bigger man."

Why so defensive? Maybe you are concerned that what I have said could happen and you wish to call me immoral to skew the information after people have read it? I have no qualms with you Bill, but you really like to attempt to create them sometimes.
That's how I feel.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
i dont agree with the brawl ruleset...

if it were just an experiment, just to see how it would turn out or the ruleset for a light-hearted octorberfest event

then it wouldnt bother me so much...

but this is a billfest...our state tournaments and the way in which meta was banned rubs me the wrong way...

im afraid that if i attend, i will be falsely supporting all of this...

DJRome

Smash Hero
melee only tourney=melee only

brawl tourney =/= mk ban

you're deviating from what had been established while melee tournies have always been melee tournies. on another note, no one is complaining about my mute city and rainbow cruise exclusion :p

null55

Smash Master
I'm just saying pp. I don't see the difference between questioning a ruleset and questions game choices and therefore I find it contradictory that plur or anyone shouldn't be allowed to question a to but people should in the case of rules. I think melee was the difference and so I pointed it out.
damm, bill with the revitalization of innocence ****. where you at pp.

I do see a difference between a ruleset/ruling and a game, so I guess that's where we differ. Maybe I won't in time, but for now I do. I'll admit it if I think it through and realize you are correct.
damm, pp with the crappy *** vag/hippy ****. where you at butters.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
you are allowed to do whatever you want...we established that

it is unfortunate that the event in question happens to be the biggest tournament series in nc.

null55

Smash Master
i really don't have a problem with MK being banned.

but DH getting banned i actually find to be very, very ****ed up. i know it's not my place, but with all do respect Bill, i request a serious re-thought of the necessity of this action.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Bill: I just don't understand how just once just one time when I ask you to stop posting anti-brawl stuff you could just be respectful and do it. Why do you need to post anti-brawl stuff. Is it to feel better about yourself and the game you play, to be cool or fit in? I really don't understand it.

Me: Honestly, I've just been counter-picking Green Greens all day and I thought I'd poke a little fun. I know what I said was a little focused on you and had that tension between us show, but I didn't think it was that bad it's all in just good fun. It's NC Smash, it's always in good fun.

And as for why I post anti-brawl stuff? why do you post anti-mk stuff? because of brawl's attributes. "imo" stuff, just like you and little miss MK. And honestly, I'm just open about my opinions in general.

btw the only reason I got myself "banned" from your tourney is because I can't make it.

Bill: Thats good you're high so you poke fun. Well I wish you wouldn't so again I'll say it. Please stop.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Got dem mawnchies.

edit: i have exactly 900 more posts than you. weren't we racing to 1000?

null55

Smash Master
hot cocoa and a blueberry muffin for munchies tonight. sweet ****.

THO

Smash Apprentice
So I've decided, as of now, that it may be a good idea to see how letting blacks votes goes.
I mean, it could turn out great, other cities may follow are example and make the change as well.

There is always the chance that the cities and states around us will declare us northerners and stop trading with us and probably try lynching us all but hey, maybe not.

And also, we can always stop them blacks from voting next time if things don't go are way.

So i say let them vote, as long as we recognize that its not really something alot of people are doing and will probably **** up our local government and make us a weaker white power community and all. But id doesn't hurt do to heroin once and so it probably doesn't hurt to try this once too.

Yay!

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Lol... It's too painful to read this whole thread, so I don't know if this has been discussed, but if it so happens that I decide to abandon Billfests, it shall have nay effect upon my ranking that will be coming up soon, having done well recently...

I can't imagine how a tourney with an altered ruleset would be able to influence a nationally-accepted standard.

Also, for the lulz... MK hasn't been dominating NC tournies, except for cases including 2 tournies which M2K has attended, and Sushi has as well. Otherwise, I can recall a certain Fox winning two tournies, some Olimars winning a few, Pikachu splitting a set with a Marth-maining Karn at the time. R.O.B. hasn't won in a while, because whenever Stingers comes, PP takes the cake.. Chudat won with Kirby...

Oh and in all the above... no MK was ever in the top 5 after those placements, unless unwittingly CPed like Stingers when he got (3stocked?) by Chu.

Anyways you can't shine light at the blind and make them see.

All I remember is some Olimars getting killed by some scrub MKs... who ex-post-facto actually make me hate my main. I hate that. I absolutely hate it. People can camp Dairs and Uair chain to a 50% combo and Dsmash spam..... and do decently.. let alone the 0-death on Olimar...... Dthrow->Fair-> SL. NO SKILL. I'm a defensive MK, one of the first and few.. and guess what. I kill mainly with Fsmash o.O. oh btw, I actually go even with Sushi, thanks for asking. and ermmmm.. Yea, rank Killer and I.. we **** at Brawl.

Barwl is a silly game.

Oh edit: Billfests can't even be recorded for Ankoku's Character Rankings because of the Tier-shift that happens when you take out the main character.

Top Bottom