• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Side Taunt is best used mid-match when you're feeling yourself and powering up. Down Taunt is when you kinda body someone and it was a casual stomping/you were sandbagging for the win.

Up Taunt? Best used when you win and when "Game!" hits the screen, Cloud is posed in his final pose cause it was a well-fought battle.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That reminds me to ask how long does it take to charge his LB in the new patch?
Looks like everyone here has been busy, with all this discussion about Cloud's nerfs and ****.
Because of the recent patch?
I'm sureiIt will end a week later after the release of patch.
It's painful enough having to see a wall of text here, it's annoying.
I agree when one post has tons of text…
Not the first time Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy has been repeating the same bull**** over and over again.
Yeah.
But again saying it bull****?

Last edited:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
That reminds me to ask how long does it take to charge his LB in the new patch?
http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-5-patch-notes.433162/

Come on dude, it's literally a quick google search, and on the front page of smashboards.

Didn't his Smash Attacks all get there knockback reduced?
Usmash didn't get touched though it was the worst of the smashes. Probably still so, but I will need to get some more play time with Cloud in this patch to say for sure.

Last edited:

HFlash

NNID
HFlash
If you google "smash patch notes" it's the first thing that pops up. Same as the previous patches.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If you google "smash patch notes" it's the first thing that pops up. Same as the previous patches.
Thanks.
Seems that the change isn't that significant. I hope these nerfs don't really affect Cloud's meta game dramatically.
Not everyone is aware of that stuff HFlash, so dont rib him too hard for it. :V
Now I do lol.

HFlash

NNID
HFlash
Thanks.
Seems that the change isn't that significant. I hope these nerfs don't really affect Cloud's meta game dramatically.
No problem :) . And actually, many of the other top characters in the game got nerfed much harder than Cloud (particularly shiek) so cloud may very well be the best character in the game. Right now, the general consensus is that he is at worst, top 5. This patch had many more indirect buffs to cloud than direct nerfs.

Also, the patch didn't change and frame data or disjoints. Literally all that changed is that he has to rack up like 20% more damage per stock to get a kill. Really not a big deal.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It literally makes my head hurt.
I usually just skip most of it when I came back to a thread that I haven't visit for a long time and has tons of pages already.
Want me to say it again?
Nope... until something ridiculous happens again...
No problem :) . And actually, many of the other top characters in the game got nerfed much harder than Cloud (particularly shiek) so cloud may very well be the best character in the game. Right now, the general consensus is that he is at worst, top 5. This patch had many more indirect buffs to cloud than direct nerfs.

Also, the patch didn't change and frame data or disjoints. Literally all that changed is that he has to rack up like 20% more damage per stock to get a kill. Really not a big deal.
I notice bottom tier character got buffed as well.
Looks like the next tier list probably gonna have tons of changes.
Got it.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Used Cloud the other night on FF dubs when my cousin was over and didn't even notice the patch happened until we went to see replays. Honestly, not even upset about the nerfs. Still managed to get a FT ko on a cocky, spammy little **** of a Lucas. Helps that my other 2 tops got buffed :4mewtwo::4robinf:

Noticing a lot more edginess on people lately @.@ namely here and the Pit social. Bit of the M2 social too.

Back on a more Cloud-esque topic. I pretty much only use :4robinf::4mewtwo::4cloud: and :4ganondorf: now and the latter most is just for fun. Ganon requires someone not spammy to have fun. Mewtwo is hit and miss but mostly hit while Robin is truly a coin flip. Cloud though? Never had a bad Cloud day, like ever. Yay for having a solid kit with few weaknesses.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
We need a community combo video.
mario123007 mario123007 The tier list won't change all that much. Most of the buffs seem significant in a vacuum but don't really help the character that much. For example, Zelda got a better combo throw, but that doesn't fix the fundamental issues that her character has, such as terrible neutral and her speed still impairs her so it's hard for her to even get that buffed grab. Not sure about all the Charizard buffs though, I played a bit of him last night and I really felt the decreased landing lag on bair. It's viable as a panic spacing and landing option now due to its huge range and power. These still don't fix Zard's poor neutral either, so he's in the same situation. How far did he rise in the tier list when he got a combo throw? Not much, and grab is one of his most-used tools as well. I doubt it will affect Zelda's placing that much either.
Side Taunt is best used mid-match when you're feeling yourself and powering up. Down Taunt is when you kinda body someone and it was a casual stomping/you were sandbagging for the win.

Up Taunt? Best used when you win and when "Game!" hits the screen, Cloud is posed in his final pose cause it was a well-fought battle.
Never really thought about this... I usually just side taunt.
Also, every match in the Cloud ditto must start with side taunt, followed by immediately charging Limit so you both say "Limits are meant to be broken!" at the same time. Then you side taunt again

Speaking of side taunt,
I defeated the Diamond Weapon and am now able to advance to the Northern Crater. I also defeated the Ultimate Weapon to get the Ultima Weapon for Cloud. Ultima Weapon with full HP with Double Cut materia is absolutely broken lol. I'm trying to get Omnislash in the Arena now, the RNG is being such a ***** to me with the slots X.X
Anybody know where to get Final Heaven?

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Also, how many of you guys would be interested in a Cloud Boards online tourney/round robin?
As long as it's not during a time where I'm busy, I'm game. Heck, I was planning on asking if y'all wanted to do one at some point.
We need a community combo video.
We'll get it. Eventually.
Not sure about all the Charizard buffs though, I played a bit of him last night and I really felt the decreased landing lag on bair. It's viable as a panic spacing and landing option now due to its huge range and power. These still don't fix Zard's poor neutral either, so he's in the same situation. How far did he rise in the tier list when he got a combo throw? Not much, and grab is one of his most-used tools as well.
I'm sure Charizard will go up on the tier list at least a fair bit, but not by much like you said because he does still have some of his bigger weaknesses. After the patch though, Charizard is definitely MUCH better to play with with buffs that he got that were sorely needed. When all is said and done, I'd rather have Zard in low tier than in bottom 5. If he gets higher though, that'll be even better.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
What other characters (besides top tiers) do you guys think Cloud struggles with?
Mario, definitely. He can Up-tilt spam us into the fifties, and three of his specials (fireball, Cape, FLUDD) can all gimp our recovery in different ways.
Link's projectile spam can keep us on the defensive, if not outright wall us.
Ike is 50-50, but we REALLY have to play safe.
I haven't played enough Diddy Kongs to know how we fare in that matchup.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Never really thought about this... I usually just side taunt.
Also, every match in the Cloud ditto must start with side taunt, followed by immediately charging Limit so you both say "Limits are meant to be broken!" at the same time. Then you side taunt again!

Anybody know where to get Final Heaven?
I feel like we should've got squats as a taunt. Down taunt probably because I don't particularly care for that one but, eh.

Oh and you get Final Heaven from Nibelheim. Go there with Tifa in your party and play her theme on the piano in her house.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Mario, definitely. He can Up-tilt spam us into the fifties, and three of his specials (fireball, Cape, FLUDD) can all gimp our recovery in different ways.
Link's projectile spam can keep us on the defensive, if not outright wall us.
Ike is 50-50, but we REALLY have to play safe.
I haven't played enough Diddy Kongs to know how we fare in that matchup.
Mario's utilt combos aren't actually that bad lol. He can't do it at 0%, so if he gets a grab then he has to waste it on uthrow -> dair, and I've escaped it at like 30 with good DI, but he can uair after for more damage.
I feel like we should've got squats as a taunt. Down taunt probably because I don't particularly care for that one but, eh.

Oh and you get Final Heaven from Nibelheim. Go there with Tifa in your party and play her theme on the piano in her house.
I couldn't do the squats cause I didn't know where the select button was lol

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I couldn't do the squats cause I didn't know where the select button was lol
I assume you're playing Steam/an emulated version? I played FF7 through for the first time a few months ago, and I just figured out which button it was, and remapped that to be something alot easier to press.

It really helps on some of the minigames, where you have to hit "Switch" alot.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
mfw Bombing Mission starts playing when I'm parachuting into Midgar

I assume you're playing Steam/an emulated version? I played FF7 through for the first time a few months ago, and I just figured out which button it was, and remapped that to be something alot easier to press.

It really helps on some of the minigames, where you have to hit "Switch" alot.
Yeah I'm playing on Steam, I eventually figured it out and mapped it to Backslash :4shulk: and I put it to b occasionally for stuff like the motorcycle chase (that thing was a ***** lol). I'm considering hooking it up to my brothers Xbone controller.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Yeah I'm playing on Steam, I eventually figured it out and mapped it to Backslash :4shulk: and I put it to b occasionally for stuff like the motorcycle chase (that thing was a ***** lol). I'm considering hooking it up to my brothers Xbone controller.
I really enjoyed the motorcycle chase part myself. It it was fun as hell.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
People talking about more FF7 and I'm sitting here contemplating on how I hardly played it due to lack of a memory card.

As soon as I get money, I'm getting the Steam port. Or the remake if it comes to the Xbone.

Top Bottom