• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I'm playing the game on my PS4. It wasn't that much of a problem for me.
Well then you'll be glad to know there's a minigame based on it at the Gold Saucer. Trust me it was real hard on the keyboard.
People talking about more FF7 and I'm sitting here contemplating on how I hardly played it due to lack of a memory card.

As soon as I get money, I'm getting the Steam port. Or the remake if it comes to the Xbone.
Do you work? FFVII is really cheap on Steam. I did hear that the hand-painted backgrounds got pixelated for some reason on the Steam Remake, can anyone confirm?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well then you'll be glad to know there's a minigame based on it at the Gold Saucer. Trust me it was real hard on the keyboard.
****, I don't think I've done any side quests at all since I started playing the game and I'm already done with the Gold Saucer part, along with having Cait Sith in my group.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
****, I don't think I've done any side quests at all since I started playing the game and I'm already done with the Gold Saucer part, along with having Cait Sith in my group.
Not sure if you can do it at that time... Try going there after you defeat Ultimate Weapon at the beginning of disc 3

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Do you work? FFVII is really cheap on Steam.
Nope, but that's going to change real soon. And "cheap" isn't really cheap in the eyes of a poor college student. In college, it's only cheap if it's free. :p

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Since we're on the subject of FF7:
I keep forgetting how much I like this video.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Nope, but that's going to change real soon. And "cheap" isn't really cheap in the eyes of a poor college student. In college, it's only cheap if it's free. :p
I had a nice summer job but I'm looking for a good one I can do during the school year. But still if you can't spare 12 bucks...

Oh and YESSSSS! I finally got Omnislash!

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I had a nice summer job but I'm looking for a good one I can do during the school year. But still if you can't spare 12 bucks...

Oh and YESSSSS! I finally got Omnislash!
Haha, I was about to give you some job advice, but then I realized you're still in high school. The job market and national law gives you teens quite a bit of leeway. Still, I hope you find something you enjoy.

And like I said, being a poor college student means $12 is serious cash.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
When it comes to jobs, all I can say is that I am proud to be working in a job where I get paid over $400 a week. Of course, I didn't have a job, not even a part time one, when I was still in school.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
When it comes to jobs, all I can say is that I am proud to be working in a job where I get paid over $400 a week. Of course, I didn't have a job, not even a part time one, when I was still in school.
Not bad. My first job paid something close to that, and it was pretty good pay for what it was.

I presume you're not in school anymore?

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Tell you what, guys. If you can ever get a job with Verizon Wireless, do it.
Best job I ever had. Great pay (started out at 14.10 per hour, compensated for not getting commission, in a state with no sales tax) ten percent of wage as an annual bonus, tuition assistance, 401k, stock options, etc., etc., ETC.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Would you guys be okay with a slightly larger margin of error for percent ranges in my Drills guide?

like +/-5% instead of +/- 1% or 2%.

Some of the stuff I'm doing is much more time consuming than I'd expect.

Trade off for larger margin of error is the guide gets done faster and I dont have to spend a million hours on single things.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Not bad. My first job paid something close to that, and it was pretty good pay for what it was.

I presume you're not in school anymore?
Yeah, especially when you get overtime.

And no, my days in school has ended nearly six years ago.
Best job I ever had. Great pay (started out at 14.10 per hour, compensated for not getting commission, in a state with no sales tax) ten percent of wage as an annual bonus, tuition assistance, 401k, stock options, etc., etc., ETC.
That's pretty good right there, though not really my type of job. I'm more into labor work.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
As incredible as those benefits sound, it doesn't sound like a job I would enjoy. The career I'm pursuing might not have all of these luxuries (it gets some pretty cool alternatives), but at least it's something I'll enjoy.

Still, thanks for the head's up. I'll keep that in mind.
And no, my days in school has ended nearly six years ago.
So high school then? No college?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
The longer I work on this guide, the more I feel everyone underestimates how strong Limit Climhazzard is.

Also, it makes me feel that people have also been overlooking Dair into L-Cross Slash and Dair into Fair Meteor.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The longer I work on this guide, the more I feel everyone underestimates how strong Limit Climhazzard is.
It's a hilarious OoS/reversal option. I think starting from f5 and up f12 it's intangible? Kills fairly well, too.

I'm gonna try and implement it in my gameplan as a lulzy gimmick.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I've been using Limit Climhazzard as a killmove since launch lol
As well as dair -> fair
And dair -> Limit Climhazzard
You can even use it against fullhop happy people

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I've noticed this yesterday. When Cloud does the Climhazzard Spike. I've noticed it kills Cloud first in the previous patch this also killed the opponent first. Was this a change?

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Skyfox2000 Skyfox2000 The Climhazzard and Aetherspike don't predetermine anything on who dies first. It's not a command grab i.e Flying Slam or Flame Choke. How they work is you get the first hit/s, then the downward strike has a meteor hitbox. The strength of that is what determines who dies first. The move doesn't drag the opponent down or anything - the sword passing through them on the downward strike doesn't do anything after the meteor hitbox hits. Who dies first probably determined by the opponents damage and proximity to the lower blastzone. It can kill either person first. Does this make sense?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Skyfox2000 Skyfox2000 The Climhazzard and Aetherspike don't predetermine anything on who dies first. It's not a command grab i.e Flying Slam or Flame Choke. How they work is you get the first hit/s, then the downward strike has a meteor hitbox. The strength of that is what determines who dies first. The move doesn't drag the opponent down or anything - the sword passing through them on the downward strike doesn't do anything after the meteor hitbox hits. Who dies first probably determined by the opponents damage and proximity to the lower blastzone. It can kill either person first. Does this make sense?
Yes...... :4cloud:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I have been COMPLETELY sleeping on extended dash dancing. Instead of slowly walking up and down smashing (:falconmelee:) you can QUICKLY RUN UP AND GO STRAIGHT INTO A DSMASH. OR FSMASH. OR FTILT. OR PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING.

FightingPolygon

Smash Cadet
NNID
MasterGames1975
3DS FC
1246-8764-0707
Listening to a character's game's OST while browsing their respective Smashboards Board is so fun and I feel that it makes you appreciate your character that much more.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
So, what do you guys think of Mew2King's Cloud? Everyone acts like he's the best Cloud in the World. I disagree I don't think he is. What do you guys think? I want to here your opinion on the matter.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So, what do you guys think of Mew2King's Cloud? Everyone acts like he's the best Cloud in the World. I disagree I don't think he is. What do you guys think? I want to here your opinion on the matter.
Mew2King? Best Cloud in the world? Don't make me laugh.

8383d3 90 90 10 hundred

Smash Apprentice
i like this idea. you forgot a few things i can think of

- auto ledge snap with Rcloud upB
- release-ledge dair fade-onto-stage for 2frame kills
- dash pivot-fsmash is a great surprise (easiest with a+b smash if one uses tilt stick)
- should drill ac dair out of fh, sh dj, fh dj
- ac dair cs is one of our highest damage combos (but requires accuracy of spacing which is fun)
- falling upir cs is another super high damage true combo
- cloud allows for release-ledge jump-on-stage airdodge with no landing lag if done tight enough.
- sh and fh ac aerials should be drilled rotating around so the brain can feel the differences
- a+b smash does not allow for limit cancel fsmash as it still requires a directional input to start. sad.
- gimp frame trap routines. for example fh-offstage RAR bair fade-back dair dj upB (this is like a falcon thing) or fh nair nair dj nair upB very dangerous. 3 nairs lol. lots of fun routine potential here.
- foxtrot turnaround dtilt (hilarious mixup, happens fast and looks cool)

8383d3 90 90 10 hundred

Smash Apprentice
time to gitgud
oh also upB is the best OOS option because it ignores the 4 frames of jumpsquat and its only frame 7. if one doesn't have tap jump on, you do have to jumpcancel upB.

oh also jump CS OOS is really cool becuase CS stops your ascent so you can hit grounded opponents with CS oos!! and just oos aerials in general are good to drill.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
8383d3 90 90 10 hundred 8383d3 90 90 10 hundred Just a friendly head's up, double posting is shunned on this site, but you're new here so you're cool.

With that out of the way, thanks for your input on Neko's guide.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
i like this idea. you forgot a few things i can think of

- auto ledge snap with Rcloud upB
- release-ledge dair fade-onto-stage for 2frame kills
- dash pivot-fsmash is a great surprise (easiest with a+b smash if one uses tilt stick)
- should drill ac dair out of fh, sh dj, fh dj
- ac dair cs is one of our highest damage combos (but requires accuracy of spacing which is fun)
- falling upir cs is another super high damage true combo
- cloud allows for release-ledge jump-on-stage airdodge with no landing lag if done tight enough.
- sh and fh ac aerials should be drilled rotating around so the brain can feel the differences
- a+b smash does not allow for limit cancel fsmash as it still requires a directional input to start. sad.
- gimp frame trap routines. for example fh-offstage RAR bair fade-back dair dj upB (this is like a falcon thing) or fh nair nair dj nair upB very dangerous. 3 nairs lol. lots of fun routine potential here.
- foxtrot turnaround dtilt (hilarious mixup, happens fast and looks cool)
oh also upB is the best OOS option because it ignores the 4 frames of jumpsquat and its only frame 7. if one doesn't have tap jump on, you do have to jumpcancel upB.

oh also jump CS OOS is really cool becuase CS stops your ascent so you can hit grounded opponents with CS oos!! and just oos aerials in general are good to drill.
Hey man thanks for the input. I'd appreciate it if you posted this in the guide thread instead of here wwwwww

As for your suggestions,

• I there is ledge snap with up B in the guide. I specifically mentioned to also practice it with R-Cloud only.
  • AC Dair is also covered in the section about ACing all your aerials. FH DJ AC Dair was something that I thought about adding but decided against it. If you have a case for it, please give it to me in the guide thread.
  • A+B Smash does allow for Limit Cancel Fsmash. I made sure to test it (as I do everything else) before I add it to my guide. I even did it without analog input.
  • Up B OOS is already in the guide under B-Reversals, albeit it's just B-Reversed Up B OOS. If you have a case for only up B OOS on its own, post it in the guide thread and I'll look over it!
Thanks a lot for your input though!

Top Bottom