• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
So if rumors of Final Fantasy VII Remake coming to the new Nintendo console are true, what do you guys think the chances are of receiving another Final Fantasy rep for the next Smash Bros.? Capcom gave us two reps (one from MM and the other from SF), and if it just happens to be an 'Ultimate' edition of Smash 4 or something, I can see it happening maybe. Pipe dream, but so was Cloud in the end and I never thought I'd see the day.

All I can ask for is two things. Knuckles? And lastly just for the sake of doubles, Sephiroth. A Cloud & Sephiroth team would be horrifying, much as they hate each other.

Knowing Square, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get another rep at all. They're REALLY stingy with whoever uses their ips. We all already knew Cloud was a pipe dream come true from the start.

But, if we were to get another rep, my money's on one of these five:

Black Mage (was supposedly the second most requested FF character)
Lightning (never really understood her popularity)
Terra
Warrior of Light
Sephiroth

Edit: This page is mine.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
So if rumors of Final Fantasy VII Remake coming to the new Nintendo console are true, what do you guys think the chances are of receiving another Final Fantasy rep for the next Smash Bros.? Capcom gave us two reps (one from MM and the other from SF), and if it just happens to be an 'Ultimate' edition of Smash 4 or something, I can see it happening maybe. Pipe dream, but so was Cloud in the end and I never thought I'd see the day.

All I can ask for is two things. Knuckles? And lastly just for the sake of doubles, Sephiroth. A Cloud & Sephiroth team would be horrifying, much as they hate each other.

I actually had this though a while ago, but even though they are not form VII I would like to see Terra and squall. Terra for long rage attacks and squall just because he looks cool. But the coolest thing for another FF rep would be Bartz from Final Fantasy 5. Bartz is called "the mimic warrior" because he takes others weapons (mostly swords) and uses them against him/her. In dissidia, Bartz uses every characters sword in his arsenal including Clouds buster, The gunblade and even Firions sword. So imagine Bartz holding the falcion, the mondado or even the master sword in his move set.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Bartz and Exdeath best dissidia characters.
Were they voiced by the same guy who voices Armstrong and Piccolo? No? Then they are not the best characters in Dissidia.

Garland represent.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
I present to you, a reply I made yesterday
Your point to exaggerate that FT is the worst move in the game is a gross hyperbole to put it lightly. I just gave you evidence of pac grab having NON EXISTENT HIT BOXES, adding to the fact that it's slow, has a high cool down and leads to no kill throws or throw combos and yea, Pac man's throw is much worse than Cloud's FT. It can still be used to catch bad rolling or air dodge habits and if you could reliably auto cancel dair or uair, you can still kill people pre 100% from an opponent's single mistake in the neutral.

Oh and sorry for taking more than a day to reply. I was in a tournament (one of south Florida's main weeklies), headlined by DJ Jack and placed ok 9/40. Before being insulting and disrespectful, how about you get some tournament experience and learn a bit about the game.

It's not even the fact that you are doing this to me, but also being rude to someone who came up with an awesome guide for setting things up into FT and a great program to do so reliably (great job GHNeko GHNeko !) is what irks me.

Not trying to escalate things fam, but please be respectful if you are going to post here.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Were they voiced by the same guy who voices Armstrong and Piccolo? No? Then they are not the best characters in Dissidia.

Garland represent.
I'm sorry Exdeath's VA is on point. More than any one else.
I'd say the best voice actor is Bryce Papenbrook who played Zidane from Final Fantasy 9. This mans resume is insane.

Just to list a few:
Eren form Attack on titan
Kirito from SAO (poor ******)
Red from Pokémon origins
A voice of the male avatar from Xenoblade X
Tiz from Bravely Default
Makato from Dangan Ronpan.
Shirou from fate stay night.

Really talented voice actors in this game.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I'd say the best voice actor is Bryce Papenbrook who played Zidane from Final Fantasy 9. This mans resume is insane.
Kirito from SAO.
I keep forgetting he voiced the main character in that trainwreck. Poor *******.

But yeah, he does have some good roles and he did Zidane pretty good.

GHNeko GHNeko Don't get me wrong, the VA for Exdeath was really good as well.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Bartz, Exdeath, Sqaull and Cloud were cool characters. Sadly Terra is not that good.

D

Deleted member

If Final Fantasy gets another rep, I would love for it to be Terra.
I doubt that we will get another character because of Square, but I can dream.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Bartz, Exdeath, Sqaull and Cloud were cool characters. Sadly Terra is not that good.
I never payed attention while I was playing, but then again I hardly played Terra. What made her bad?

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I never payed attention while I was playing, but then again I hardly played Terra. What made her bad?
Her EX moves are pretty good and meteor is a great move and even tornado is a good up close punisher. But her most her moves leave you in a stationary situation and she her moves take awhile to start up. She is very technical. She's not garbage, she just has some problems. She's like the robin of dissidia. Good attacks good range, pretty fast and can escape pretty well, but her moves are stationary and her attacks take a while to load.

Warrior of light is good as well, bad air game and his brave points are bad. But he has some good HP attacks and is ex is pretty good

Exdeath is said to be the best character in the game. next to Ultimecia

I personally think Zidane is the best. Fast ******.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Her EX moves are pretty good and meteor is a great move and even tornado is a good up close punisher. But her most her moves leave you in a stationary situation and she her moves take awhile to start up. She is very technical. She's not garbage, she just has some problems. She's like the robin of dissidia. Good attacks good range, pretty fast and can escape pretty well, but her moves are stationary and her attacks take a while to load.

Warrior of light is GARBAGE, bad air game and his brave points are bad.

Exdeath is said to be the best character in the game.

I personally think Zidane is the best. Fast ******.
I do remember that. I need to pick up on Dissidia again, it's been a while.

Exdeath was pretty solid, so I can see why many think he was the best.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I do remember that. I need to pick up on Dissidia again, it's been a while.

Exdeath was pretty solid, so I can see why many think he was the best.
Also ignore what I said about warrior of light. I just hate playing as him cause he does not feel right to me. He's solid as well.

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
So a while back I was telling you guys how I was constantly going back and forth between :4fox: and :4cloud: because of the amount of time I spent with Fox and getting down perfect pivots, combos etc and like I was having trouble deciding which to main and secondary

Well, I attended a tournament today and, long story short, my :4cloud: was performing amazing while my :4fox: was meh

It was today that I realized I'm not a player that can perform well from behind and therefore require a character that has good comeback ability. I also learned the hard way today that because I've been playing back and forth between Fox and Cloud, my Fox mindset came out in my last match of the tournament while playing Cloud and I got hasty and wasted Limit Break on shield against a Fox player. We were both high percent with him at 70% and me at a little over 100% so my Rage Limit Cross Slash would have ended him but I should have went for grabs and get him offstage for a good edge guard.

Playing :4fox: also gives me unneeded stress when playing from behind and trying to get the kill because my opponent knows what I want. With :4cloud:, I totally forgot today that because we were both at high percent, last stock, and I'm at Limit Break, he's way more scared of dying than me being desperate to end the game quickly and that's where I ****ed up.

Thus, my tournament ended for me in top 16

So, I'm happy to announce that I'm dropping :4fox: and becoming a full-time :4cloud: main. Fox just feels like a chore to play everytime while Cloud makes everything come together for me.

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
So a while back I was telling you guys how I was constantly going back and forth between :4fox: and :4cloud: because of the amount of time I spent with Fox and getting down perfect pivots, combos etc and like I was having trouble deciding which to main and secondary

Well, I attended a tournament today and, long story short, my :4cloud: was performing amazing while my :4fox: was meh

It was today that I realized I'm not a player that can perform well from behind and therefore require a character that has good comeback ability. I also learned the hard way today that because I've been playing back and forth between Fox and Cloud, my Fox mindset came out in my last match of the tournament while playing Cloud and I got hasty and wasted Limit Break on shield against a Fox player. We were both high percent with him at 70% and me at a little over 100% so my Rage Limit Cross Slash would have ended him but I should have went for grabs and get him offstage for a good edge guard.

Playing :4fox: also gives me unneeded stress when playing from behind and trying to get the kill because my opponent knows what I want. With :4cloud:, I totally forgot today that because we were both at high percent, last stock, and I'm at Limit Break, he's way more scared of dying than me being desperate to end the game quickly and that's where I ****ed up.

So, I'm happy to announce that I'm dropping :4fox: and becoming a full-time :4cloud: main. Fox just feels like a chore to play everytime while Cloud makes everything come together for me.
You made the right choice my friend and i'm not saying that because i'm biased and prefer Cloud over Fox. . . oh who am I kidding **** Fox XD. . .

Edit: In all seriousness glad to finally came up with a solution to your little dilemma.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

You have chosen wisely, my child.

Embrace 1st Class. :4cloud:

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Game doesn't need another FE rep. If Square adds another character it should be Lara Croft.

SonicvMario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicvMario
3DS FC
4957-5533-0802
If we get another FF rep it'll probably be Noctis since FFXV will probably be the newest game by then. I'd love Riku from Kingdom Hearts instead though.

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
Game doesn't need another FE rep. If Square adds another character it should be Lara Croft.
Lara Croft would never happen. She's supposed to be a more realistic person no? How does that translate to Smash bros

Also we don't need another FF representative because we got the most iconic one already. I could see Sora/Roxas/Some Kingdom Hearts character but that might have to wait until the next Smash game

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I doubt it'll happen, especially if you're specifically asking for reboot Lara. I can see old Lara being a possibility (still very unlikely), reboot Lara? No.

Plus, we already have a gun toting woman with a British accent, provided she returns that is. :4bayonetta::p

If we get another FF rep it'll probably be Noctis since FFXV will probably be the newest game by then. I'd love Riku from Kingdom Hearts instead though.
I can see KH getting a rep for Smash though, but someone will need to talk to Disney for anything to happen. Noctis? Nah.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
..I'd much rather have Terra than any FF rep that isn't Cloud. At least she was considered!

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917

Up vote for Knuckles.
But frankly, I'll be content with Cloud, and hope that if we do get another Smash, he'll get to return. I don't want him to be the next Snake.

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Lara Croft would never happen. She's supposed to be a more realistic person no? How does that translate to Smash bros

Also we don't need another FF representative because we got the most iconic one already. I could see Sora/Roxas/Some Kingdom Hearts character but that might have to wait until the next Smash game

I hope you realize that Snake used to be in smash. He's as real as real can get and some of his moves were actually pretty brutal (at least in terms of smash). There's plenty of ways she could fit in. Her bow and arrows, guns, various adventure tools, the items from the spin-offs like Thor's hammer, and so on. She just makes sense if you really think about it. Plus no one would see that coming and Lara is one of the most iconic video game characters of all time. Just saying...

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Basically, as long as they've been on a Nintendo console (or handheld, no matter how big or small the role), I've basically decided that they're fair game to be in this game ever since Cloud. Considering that Cloud is 100% Final Fantasy-based instead of Kingdom Hearts, however (fyi? i'm totally getting a modded KH!Cloud attire to overwrite a costume when the mods finally start coming) my logic could equally be just as wrong. :p

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So apparently, there's this boss fight inside this cave in Mt. Nibel that's been giving me a hard time, with attacks that deals a ridiculous amount of damage I didn't stood a chance and I don't know what to do (at one point, we ended up dying within a minute...). Any ideas what I need to do in order to beat it?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So apparently, there's this boss fight inside this cave in Mt. Nibel that's been giving me a hard time, with attacks that deals a ridiculous amount of damage I didn't stood a chance and I don't know what to do (at one point, we ended up dying within a minute...). Any ideas what I need to do in order to beat it?
It may be a bit late to grab it now, but there's these enemies on the beach that you can get an enemy skill from called Big Guard. It's amazing, gives you haste and barrier/mbarrier and all you have to do is use Manipulate materia and cast the spell on whoever has Enemy Skill equipped.

Otherwise, it's a big of grinding tbh and you gotta get stronger. If this is the boss that I'm thinking of (that spider-ish looking thing at the bottom of the ladders)?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It may be a bit late to grab it now, but there's these enemies on the beach that you can get an enemy skill from called Big Guard. It's amazing, gives you haste and barrier/mbarrier and all you have to do is use Manipulate materia and cast the spell on whoever has Enemy Skill equipped.

Otherwise, it's a big of grinding tbh and you gotta get stronger. If this is the boss that I'm thinking of (that spider-ish looking thing at the bottom of the ladders)?
What beach exactly? Any one of them on the world map?

And level grinding is a bit of a pain to do but if I wanna go any further into the game, then I gotta do it.
And yeah, that's it. The one that has Hell Combo as one of its attacks.

Top Bottom