• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ok so after some serious thinking and training, I have come to my decision.

Finishing touch is the worst move in smash 4.

You may think I am being dramatic but hear me out.

The move won't kill early anymore, the move is risky, the move is really slow, has little set ups, and has a stupid wind box.

That's just me. Over all, Cloud is still pretty good if you ask me.
Finishing Touch can still make KOs if you know when to use it. The problem with it, however, is that it deals very little shield damage, and when you take customizations into account, any defense boosts that the opponents have end up making Finishing Touch even less effective at making early KOs.

If anything, the worst move in the game imo has to go to Ganondorf's Utilt.

For how long it takes to wind up and how open it makes you, it isn't even worth the payoff even if you DO land it
As slow as Ganondorf's u-tilt is in execution, you do not want to underestimate how powerful it is when it does land. If you're looking for the worst moves, you should probably look at Spinphony and Warlock Thrust.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
My twitter feed has been blowing up since I posted Atmosphere to twitter.

It's a rewarding feeling know my work is paying off in some form or another.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So it looks like I might have to do some level grinding in order to actually stand a chance against that boss at Mt. Nibel. It's gonna be a long road ahead but I'll do it if I must.

Oh, and I got Yuffie aboard as well. I feel uneasy about her...

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
As slow as Ganondorf's u-tilt is in execution, you do not want to underestimate how powerful it is when it does land. If you're looking for the worst moves, you should probably look at Spinphony and Warlock Thrust.
I know it's powerful, which is why I said "payoff". Even so, it's still slow and leaves you open long enough for someone to write a novel in that time. That alone is enough to warrant it, at least to me, as one of, if not THE worst move in the game. If you don't think it is, that's fine. That's just my opinion.

And one more thing, you have a thing for customs, don't you? :smirk:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I love customs too

Tino Tino You mean the Materia Keeper? It was pretty easy for me lol, just keep your health up and hit it with Poison spells. You can learn its Trine attack through your Enemy Skill materia if its uses it. You may have to grind at some point though, if you're having serious trouble with it. None of the bosses really gave me much trouble. Some other random advice - buy Tents and Pheonix Down. They're SOOOOOOOO cheap lol and they help sooo much. One thing I will say - get all the characters, even if you won't use them. Talk to your party whenever you can. It's one of the things that make the game so great.

Kuraudo Kuraudo What beach is this? I'll go back and get this Enemy Skill if you can let me know. I'm just ****ing around in the Northern Crater atm just leveling up my Materia and getting items. I've been trying to Morph the Master Tonberries into Ribbons. I don't have Death Force and I feel like I need it so it's so frustrating just standing there and letting it Knife me.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I still don't know what beach is Kuraudo Kuraudo referring to in order to get that Enemy Skill thing because it sounds like something I might really need.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
GOOD LORD, PEOPLE. YOU'RE ON THE INTERNET AND YOU CAN'T JUST GOOGLE BIG GUARD?
The beaches near Costa del Sol and Gongaga have Beachplugs. You have to use manipulate on them so they cast big guard on your party.
Just FYI, if one character is wearing all the E.Skill materia, all the materia get the skill.

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
GOOD LORD, PEOPLE. YOU'RE ON THE INTERNET AND YOU CAN'T JUST GOOGLE BIG GUARD?
The beaches near Costa del Sol and Gongaga have Beachplugs. You have to use manipulate on them so they cast big guard on your party.
Just FYI, if one character is wearing all the E.Skill materia, all the materia get the skill.
What's Google

New DLC?

D

Deleted member

I still don't know what beach is Kuraudo Kuraudo referring to in order to get that Enemy Skill thing because it sounds like something I might really need.
Like JesseMcCloud JesseMcCloud said, go to the beaches near Costa del Sol and Gongaga and you will encounter the Beachplugs enemy.
You will need to Manipulate the enemy (you should have this Materia already thanks to Cait Sith) to use Big Guard on you to get the Enemy Skill. Big Guard, along with Aqualung, Trine, White Wind, and Magic Hammer, are the ones that I recommend the most. Big Guard will give you an increase in magic and physical defense and grant you haste. It's easily my favorite Enemy Skill in the game and the one that I use the most, especially when trying to get Omnislash or fighting tough bosses.
I recommend this link if you wanna learn more about Enemy Skills and see if there is one that sticks out to you:
http://www.fifthvoyager.net/finalfantasy7/enemyskill.html

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Tino Tino -m0 -m0 the beaches I speak of can be found anywhere amongst the western continent (after you leave Costa Del Sol), I forget if it's specific beaches but they're pretty common and I think I remember them around the beaches away from Gold Saucer. They're tentacle looking monsters in shells (like omanyte with longer tentacles). Manipulate one of them, have it cast Big Guard on whomever has the Enemy Skill Materia. Voila! Instant haste/barrier/mbarrier!

As for getting Ribbon, -m0, I have a trick for you. Go underwater and find a sunken plane. It has some of the most powerful Materia and items, good grinding for monsters, but the best thing is Yuffie's ultimate weapon, the Conformer.

Why it's so important is that when you equip Morph materia to the Conformer, it deals full damage, making it easier to morph targets.

So you can knock it down to low health quickly and just have Yuffie morph attack a Tonberry and easy ribbon. Morph the triceratops tanks in Gongaga btw. They give power sources. Enjoy maxing out your party and mowing over the rest of the game that isn't superbosses. Lol

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I already have the Conformer but Yuffie's pretty low level, I'll try that.

My Enemy Skill materia has Flamethrower (lol), Beta, Trine, Aqualung, Death Sentence, Bad Breath, and Dragon Force (I think). I also got Pandora's Box on one of them but then my save got deleted for some reason and I had to revert the save folder to a previous version so I don't have it anymore RIP

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Damn, I'm already long past Costa Del Sol...but if I wanna backtrack towards that area somewhere to get it, then I'll do it.

And man, I hate it when I accidentally end up attacking one of my own instead of one of the enemies. Now I feel really bad for attacking Aeris in the process, especially when she was below 500 HP. :(

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
^ My FF7 is on point thank you
Damn, I'm already long past Costa Del Sol...but if I wanna backtrack towards that area somewhere to get it, then I'll do it.

And man, I hate it when I accidentally end up attacking one of my own instead of one of the enemies. Now I feel really bad for attacking Aeris in the process, especially when she was below 500 HP. :(
Bactracking is one of the best parts of the game lol

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Wow, no one responded to Crimson with 'Not interested'. And here I am waiting for the remake before I play FF7. Started Tales of the Abyss last night so that and Pokemon Blue are my current RPGs.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Wow, no one responded to Crimson with 'Not interested'. And here I am waiting for the remake before I play FF7. Started Tales of the Abyss last night so that and Pokemon Blue are my current RPGs.
IMG_0006.jpg

This says "not interested" if anybody was wondering.

And you absolutely need to play the original as well lol

Chalice Chalice I knew you could do that but I don't know how you did it so fast. Care to explain?

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
-m0 -m0 when you press A for jab 2 you hold it so it goes back to doing rapid jab 1. Timing is a bit tricky. Not sure what use it can have a match though

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Okay, so I researched Enemy Skill a bit more, and it's like, really good. Everybody who's playing or plans to play through FFVII should go back now and get all the useful Enemy Skills they can.

EDIT:
@XenoBrawler610 I remember you saying that you wanted to fight all the Weapons before you beat Sephiroth but I'm looking at their data and they look really strong. Seems to me they're supposed to be bosses for after the end of the game?

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
This never crossed my mind now that you mentioned it. :facepalm:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I went to go download that stage Neko made and find out I haven't used my Miiverse account AT ALL since I got my Wii U, haha.

I uploaded this today

How many Cloud players here other than me knew that you can do this:

https://youtu.be/PNrpJqhkBn0

Not my smoothest take but it's hard to multitask while holding the camera lol
Yeah, it's an interesting thing. I never use it though.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Off of theory alone, Combat Walking is useful on floatier characters, and characters at high percents who get caught at the top of your jab.

I think the main issue is Jab 1 and Jab 2's FAF lol.

You really have to catch someone off guard to get a follow up off of Jab 1 or Jab 2.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Seriously, do people not know that? Lmao I've been practically screaming praise for its kill power since forever and it still surprises people?

Didn't know jab 2-> upb was a thing though. How likely is it?

As a result of my extensive use of Limit Climhazzard, I've also noticed it has a very weak sour spot on the tip of it. The best way to get it is to not connect the initial hit, then you're likely to get the sour spot. It sent this one guy literally nowhere and he was at like 180%. Anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Nah I havnt had that issue, but i know what you're talking about at sour spot nonsense.

As for the Jab 1 to Up B? Im not sure how reliably it is. I was at around stage 1 rage, and he was above 130. Jab 1 has hitbox where it pops the opponent up at almost a 90 degree angle, forcing him to go up a bit, and go into maybe hard landing lag.

It looked like it was either a frame trap or a legit string. I'll have to test it. I'm not sure if the 60 degree angle hitbox on jab 1 would have created the same set up tho.

But yeah; LCH Kill power has been something of an eyeopener recently. We really need to keep that **** in mind when we're looking for ways to kill.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
LCH wasn't an eye opener for me. I've been using it since day 1! Such a satisfying way to nab a KO.

Jaku618

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaku618
I've been seeing Komorikiri opting to use Limit CH these days.Using it to punish rolls and get ups from the ledge and and as a good get off me option when in a string(seems useful for Sheik fair chains).So maybe it really isn't that bad of a kill move.Its the the least expected as well.LCS is better though.Anyways, hello fellow Cloud mains I'm Jaku618 you may also call me Jaku some of you may know me from the discord already.I'm a huge fan of FF in general favorites being 5 and 7.I'm catiously looking forward to the remake as well.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
you know, using LCH to punish rolls seems like a brilliant idea.

You can basically just run up to the ledge and shield while in limit, and OOS LCH normal get up, get up roll with B-reverse, and then get up attack ez.

get up jump you can just react to with uair OOS ez or LCH.

cloud's op as ****

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Yeah I do. Customs add more versatility to matches, even though they're not really used at a competitive standpoint.
They really do. It'd be nice if the greater community gave them a second shot. Thankfully there's discussions going about regarding their use in competitive.

I also noticed you got demodded. How'd that go?
I've been seeing Komorikiri opting to use Limit CH these days. Using it to punish rolls and get ups from the ledge and and as a good get off me option when in a string(seems useful for Sheik fair chains). So maybe it really isn't that bad of a kill move.Its the the least expected as well. LCS is better though. Anyways, hello fellow Cloud mains, I'm Jaku618, you may also call me Jaku. Some of you may know me from the discord already. I'm a huge fan of FF in general favorites being 5 and 7. I'm catiously looking forward to the remake as well.
Welcome aboard! It's nice to see another Cloud player and FF fan. Make yourself comfortable.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've been seeing Komorikiri opting to use Limit CH these days.Using it to punish rolls and get ups from the ledge and and as a good get off me option when in a string(seems useful for Sheik fair chains).So maybe it really isn't that bad of a kill move.Its the the least expected as well.LCS is better though.Anyways, hello fellow Cloud mains I'm Jaku618 you may also call me Jaku some of you may know me from the discord already.I'm a huge fan of FF in general favorites being 5 and 7.I'm catiously looking forward to the remake as well.
Welcome aboard, Jaku. Make yourself at home with the rest of us AVALANCHE. :)

Top Bottom