• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Prevaricator Faust

Smash Cadet
I just recently made an account here, but i'm very familiar with these forums just felt like introducing myself. Cloud is one of the very few characters I use so I'll be here more often. If I take long to respond I'm currently in a University and the connection is ass here and I have classes so forgive me in advanced.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I just recently made an account here, but i'm very familiar with these forums just felt like introducing myself. Cloud is one of the very few characters I use so I'll be here more often. If I take long to respond I'm currently in a University and the connection is *** here and I have classes so forgive me in advanced.
Well you're already familiar with some of us due to Discord, but let me be the first to welcome ya to the Cloud boards. Everyone here is very chill and down to earth.. except GHNeko GHNeko I'd stay clear of him for your sanity's sake lol all jokes aside Welcome!

Prevaricator Faust

Smash Cadet
Well you're already familiar with some of us due to Discord, but let me be the first to welcome ya to the Cloud boards. Everyone here is very chill and down to earth.. except GHNeko GHNeko I'd stay clear of him for your sanity's sake lol all jokes aside Welcome!
Thank you and I already know Neko because of discord and I'm still somewhat sane.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just recently made an account here, but i'm very familiar with these forums just felt like introducing myself. Cloud is one of the very few characters I use so I'll be here more often. If I take long to respond I'm currently in a University and the connection is *** here and I have classes so forgive me in advanced.
Welcome to Smashboards and the Cloud social, Faust. Make yourself at home. :)

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
GHNeko GHNeko Not sure if I should say this to somebody who's so much better than me, but I wasn't seeing any FH nairs in that video. I don't know about you, but FH nair has been really effective for me, especially against tall chars like Bowser/ZSS. You can hit them with the nair as you rise, and if they shield it you can DJ away or do another nair or a uair if they drop shield. It even works in Limit mode if you do a crossup nair. Because the hitbox starts behind Cloud on nair (<3) you can FH nair and hit with that back hitbox just before you land if you cross it up.:4cloud:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Good catch lol.

I cant do FH Nairs to save my life for some reason.

But I guess that's what I made those drills for lmao.

My SH/FH timings come from Melee/PM, but the leinancy in this game is waaay too high so more often than not i find myself doing SHs more than FHs.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Welcome aboard!

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
You're going to get your wish trust me the developers have said that they plan on releasing over 50 characters, they would like to include even more as to them "50 feels like a small number". They also wish for all characters playable in the previous Dissidia titles to return. Takeo Kujiraoka and Yosuke Hayashi of Team Ninja are also considering adding Noctis from Final Fantasy XV after the games release. So we're going to have the roster from previous games and then some.
Over 50! Sun of a submariner, that's insane. And there are so many others to choose from. Barret, Yang, Vivi, Siefer, 4 and 7 Cid, it will will be crazy but awesome. Why stop there, let's throw in Sora just for fun.

Prevaricator Faust

Smash Cadet
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

Over 50! Sun of a submariner, that's insane. And there are so many others to choose from. Barret, Yang, Vivi, Siefer, 4 and 7 Cid, it will will be crazy but awesome. Why stop there, let's throw in Sora just for fun.
Sora and all the KH characters that originated from that series belong to Disney. Square Enix will need to ask permission and strike some kind of deal to have his inclusion into the game.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

Sora and all the KH characters that originated from that series belong to Disney. Square Enix will need to ask permission and strike some kind of deal to have his inclusion into the game.
While that is true you never know they might add him for promotional sake since KH3 is well into development, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I personally wouldn't mind Zack, Vivi, Cid, Vincent, Noctis and Balthier.

Prevaricator Faust

Smash Cadet
While that is true you never know they might add him for promotional sake since KH3 is well into development, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I personally wouldn't mind Zack, Vivi, Cid, Vincent, Noctis and Balthier.
Good point. didn't think of it that way it never crossed my mind. I myself wouldn't mind seeing any of the mages from FF1 and for FF2 I would like Leon to be added as well as Edge or Edward Geraldine from FFIV. For FFVII I would like Zack and Vincent, FFVIII I would like to see Zell and Seifer as for FF12 Basch and Balthier. I could give a **** less about FFXIII, but I wouldn't mind seeing Snow make it. That's only the hero's besides for Leon my list for the villains is way longer, but I've said enough already lol

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Good point. didn't think of it that way it never crossed my mind. I myself wouldn't mind seeing any of the mages from FF1 and for FF2 I would like Leon to be added as well as Edge or Edward Geraldine from FFIV. For FFVII I would like Zack and Vincent, FFVIII I would like to see Zell and Seifer as for FF12 Basch and Balthier. I could give a **** less about FFXIII, but I wouldn't mind seeing Snow make it. That's only the hero's besides for Leon my list for the villains is way longer, but I've said enough already lol
I don't think that list can get any bigger, you have a lot of characters you want added lmao. Then again with 50 characters you never know besides the developers have said that once the 50 characters are finished, they would like to include even more as to them "50 feels like a small number". I think they need to chill lol

Prevaricator Faust

Smash Cadet
Sigh Guess it was only a matter of time before that Bidou stuff made it to this thread. I just had this conversation, Personally I don't find bidou super groundbreaking or anything. it gives you the ability to flawlessly perform different kinds of tech pretty much frame perfect. that's it. it's not offering a new tech all together, just making it easier for players to perform smash 4 tech. And to be honest, most characters don't even need all this tech. The only benefit that it would merit to some would be able to be super consistent with it.

D

Deleted member

I just realized there's a shooter game starring Vincent.

:love::love::love::love:
It's called Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII.
I wouldn't recommend getting the game because, from what I've heard about it, it's a very mediocre title.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Sigh Guess it was only a matter of time before that Bidou stuff made it to this thread. I just had this conversation, Personally I don't find bidou super groundbreaking or anything. it gives you the ability to flawlessly perform different kinds of tech pretty much frame perfect. that's it. it's not offering a new tech all together, just making it easier for players to perform smash 4 tech. And to be honest, most characters don't even need all this tech. The only benefit that it would merit to some would be able to be super consistent with it.
That's the whole point though, It allows ease of consistency. I'm not gonna be using it personally though, but I agree with you a vast majority of people already mastered certain techs now to completely change their controls will throw many people off. Not to mention the drawback of a wacky control scheme which would take you a good while to relearn, makes it impractical for most players, even in the competitive scene. Will some players use it? Yeah. This tech isn't going to change much at all in the smash 4 scene though. smash 4 doesn't need you to learn tech to be good at the game, as its not fundamentally important.

Prevaricator Faust

Smash Cadet
That's the whole point though, It allows ease of consistency. I'm not gonna be using it personally though, but I agree with you a vast majority of people already mastered certain techs now to completely change their controls will throw many people off. Not to mention the drawback of a wacky control scheme which would take you a good while to relearn, makes it impractical for most players, even in the competitive scene. Will some players use it? Yeah. This tech isn't going to change much at all in the smash 4 scene though. smash 4 doesn't need you to learn tech to be good at the game, as its not fundamentally important.
Basically this ^

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
It's been over a year since perfect pivoting has been learned yet it's application has been limited even among top level play. Why? Because it's frame window is ridiculously tight to do more than twice in a row. This tech is better on some characters more than others. Those with great foxtrots and pivots are going to have their meta games jump with this (cough CLOUD cough). Being able to have frame perfect control on the ground is huge for speed based characters. The big caveat with the tech is that you lose c sticking aerials which is a huge bummer.

The fact that you get alot of movement options (akin to wavedashing in melee) and that it isn't mechanically hard to do is what gets me, and alot of people excited for this. No one can say for sure whether this will become meta, but I would give it a try before just dismissing it entirely.

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
You don't need whatever crouch cancel **** to weave in and out. Cloud already has a great dash dance for that you can even shorten your initial dash to mix up the distances in which you cover foxtrots

Perfect pivot uptilt is good at times although I rarely have had to use it. I can see it being a decent approach option against :4sheik: because it can beat out her Fair due to the hitbox starting behind Cloud. Whenever they want to SH Fair approach just get within medium distance and PP Uptilt them in the face

Seriously though, if Bidou is so groundbreaking AND was discovered a long time ago in JAPAN and JAPANESE PLAYERS STILL AREN'T USING IT then it's not something you HAVE to learn to improve your gameplay/combos/movement

Also, one thing I disagree with the Bidou tech video about how turnaround Dtilt is a Bidou exclusive:

Clearly you guys don't know how to get timings down to Dtilt after the animation by tilting the control stick slightly the other way and then buffer Dtilt with C stick set to attack. It's the same concept with doing reverse Uptilts with characters like Fox

Last edited:

Prevaricator Faust

Smash Cadet
It's been over a year since perfect pivoting has been learned yet it's application has been limited even among top level play. Why? Because it's frame window is ridiculously tight to do more than twice in a row. This tech is better on some characters more than others. Those with great foxtrots and pivots are going to have their meta games jump with this (cough CLOUD cough). Being able to have frame perfect control on the ground is huge for speed based characters. The big caveat with the tech is that you lose c sticking aerials which is a huge bummer.

The fact that you get alot of movement options (akin to wavedashing in melee) and that it isn't mechanically hard to do is what gets me, and alot of people excited for this. No one can say for sure whether this will become meta, but I would give it a try before just dismissing it entirely.
I never said to dismiss it this "Tech" can benefit a lot of the characters, Cloud sadly isn't one of them it's basically useless.

You don't need whatever crouch cancel **** to weave in and out. Cloud already has a great dash dance for that you can even shorten your initial dash to mix up the distances in which you cover foxtrots

Perfect pivot uptilt is good at times although I rarely have had to use it. I can see it being a decent approach option against :4sheik: because it can beat out her Fair due to the hitbox starting behind Cloud. Whenever they want to SH Fair approach just get within medium distance and PP Uptilt them in the face

Seriously though, if Bidou is so groundbreaking AND was discovered a long time ago in JAPAN and JAPANESE PLAYERS STILL AREN'T USING IT then it's not something you HAVE to learn to improve your gameplay/combos/movement
You took the words right out of my mouth.. err fingers.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
This technique scares me. I can barely dash in place with just the stick and if this becomes the best way to play competitively I feel as if I'll never make any progress lol.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
This technique scares me. I can barely dash in place with just the stick and if this becomes the best way to play competitively I feel as if I'll never make any progress lol.
Yeah this makes me feel like I'll never get anywhere with a 3DS...

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Whatever the case with Bidou, I know I'm not going to use it. I'm not going to waste my time trying do something that'll do virtually nothing for my game. I've got better **** to do. Still, it's worth looking at nonetheless.

It's called Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII.
I wouldn't recommend getting the game because, from what I've heard about it, it's a very mediocre title.
It wasn't too bad. It's not the greatest FF game but I'll certainly play it over say, FF13, it's sequels and All Your Money The Bravest.

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
At the moment, the only character I can see this tech benefiting IMMENSELY is :4fox:. With frame perfect Reverse Aerial Rush, he can buffer a RAR Bair much quicker and can combo with it more consistently out of DThrow because many times people are able to just barely jump away from the RAR Bair but with this they will most likely be guaranteed all the time.

Perfect Pivot Crouch will improve his mid range mobility since his initial dash is a bit too long, and slow to input another one to be unpredictable. You could do normal Perfect Pivot but then you miss out on the slide you get from crouching due to Bidou making the move frame perfect

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
Oh yeah, the biggest tech we have that makes the use of Bidou redundant and pointless

Gamecube Controller. You need the ****ing Pro controller to even do all this ****

Good luck. Even if you were already playing the with the Pro Controller then you'll have ****ty tourney experiences because of your controller ****ing up all the set ups. Seriously, the last tourney I went to that I mentioned a few days back had just ONE guy with a Pro Controller and a couple of matches couldn't get under way because of his ****ty Pro Controller

Wireless is NOT the future guys

Old school wired sons of ******* to the console to avoid ANY connection issues is the past which is now our present and future

And Bidou will NEVER become the present and the future, it is only the past so long as Gamecube controllers are the norm

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Oh yeah, the biggest tech we have that makes the use of Bidou redundant and pointless

Gamecube Controller. You need the ****ing Pro controller to even do all this ****

Good luck. Even if you were already playing the with the Pro Controller then you'll have ****ty tourney experiences because of your controller ****ing up all the set ups. Seriously, the last tourney I went to that I mentioned a few days back had just ONE guy with a Pro Controller and a couple of matches couldn't get under way because of his ****ty Pro Controller

Old school wired sons of ******* to the console to avoid ANY connection issues is the past which is now our present and future

And Bidou will NEVER become the present and the future, it is only the past so long as Gamecube controllers are the norm
Woosah my friend, take deep breathes lol

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

Hate to be a ****, but

I AM **** NOOOOOO I'M WRONGGGGG

Pro Controllers without the batteries and are wire-connected still emit the wireless transmissions that can potentially screw over other setups.

my b

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
It's just annoying to me how people are saying how revolutionary this stuff is when only like, what, 2 of them are remotely useful and practical for only a handful of characters

Most of this stuff you can just do with practice. I can Perfect Pivot and reverse Uptilt/Dtilt consistently just fine and ledge trumping I still need some work but all the top players can do it when it counts and netted some great kills that mattered

Edit: Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal Lol you ninja'd me

Last edited:
Top Bottom