• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Prevaricator Faust

Smash Cadet
It's just annoying to me how people are saying how revolutionary this stuff is when only like, what, 2 of them are remotely useful and practical for only a handful of characters

Most of this stuff you can just do with practice. I can Perfect Pivot and reverse Uptilt/Dtilt consistently just fine and ledge trumping I still need some work but all the top players can do it when it counts and netted some great kills that mattered

Edit: Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal Lol you ninja'd me
My thoughts exactly people are making it sound like something that's required, but not really tbh

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I find PP kinda superfluous as a tech and I can do it pretty consistently. I feel like just spacing out your **** normally is more efficient.

Ledge trumping, on the other hand, is practical but finicky, mainly because buffering an action on the ledge beats it out handily. You never know when your opponent's gonna miss their window to do that, though, so it's not a bad idea to brush up on it.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

8383d3 90 90 10 hundred

Smash Apprentice
you actually lose aerial mobility without attack or smash on c-stick. so thats an issue with it as well.

perfect pivot smashes are possible and not too terribly hard with just the analog stick

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
It's just annoying to me how people are saying how revolutionary this stuff is when only like, what, 2 of them are remotely useful and practical for only a handful of characters

Most of this stuff you can just do with practice. I can Perfect Pivot and reverse Uptilt/Dtilt consistently just fine and ledge trumping I still need some work but all the top players can do it when it counts and netted some great kills that mattered

Edit: Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal Lol you ninja'd me
Speaking of perfect pivots, can someone who can actually do them test out sweetspot fair at low percents -> pp utilt? A lot of the time I can get a dsmash off of a sweetspot fair at low percents, and seeing Chalice PP utilt in one video made me think that this might be a more consistent string you can get more damage out of.

Listen to it with earbuds and get the bass right in your ears! <3

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Why do people do it anyway? I don't see the point of this whole "pranked" ****.
To put it bluntly, for ****s and giggles.

You can always ask the admins, though I'm sure they put pranking in just to have a fun little quip in the system.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Yeah its ****s and giggles. At first though, pranked people couldnt change their user title at free will so there was a bit more substance to it.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Squall was beast at brave attacks and had tons of combos, but he suffered from not having reliably HP attacks.

Reminds me of Cloud in Smash.

Last edited:

Prevaricator Faust

Smash Cadet
Squall was beast at brave attacks and had tons of combos, but he suffered from not having reliably HP attacks.

Reminds me of Cloud in Smash.
That was like the only con Squall had, other than that he was really good and I enjoyed playing him. I was just curious how he would turn out in the new game, but not anymore thanks to that vid

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I finished FFVII last night. I felt kind of cheated cause I heard that if you defended in the last battle, Cloud would counter with Omnislash, but he did a regular attack instead of the cinematic Omnislash. A little anticlimactic, but I'll save that for my second playthrough that I'm already starting. When I finish the game proper I'll put a review here

Getting pranked made me feel loved and that somebody cared enough to prank me, so I think it's a good thing

Last edited:

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Squall, I've tried several times to get into FF8, and every time it just wouldn't click. It's a shame too, because I want to like this game. The world looks great and the characters are likeable (love how they poke fun at Squall).

I don't know. Maybe it's the junction system that's keeping me from giving it a fair chance. Classic FF must have spoiled me.

D

Deleted member

Junction system is pretty easy to abuse and exploit fam.
Pretty much. I've seen an LP of FF8 and Squall was able to do 3000 damage per hit of his Limit Break after Junctioning some stuff to Strength. I heard that if you know what you're doing, you can get about 3000 HP during the first hour of gameplay.
I am skipping out on FF8. In general, I've heard mixed things about the game.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
IT's a good game. Solid story, nice characters. The gameplay mechanics are brilliant on paper, but the execution hurt the mechanics overall potential.

I recommend it to everyone simply for this song.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I'd recommend Final Fantasy Tactics to everyone simply for this song

And the Dissidia remix is even better

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A little help here. Where do I find an Enemy Skill materia at?
There are 4 locations of Enemy Skill Materia.
1. After freeing Red XIII, go inside his tank to get the first Enemy Skill Materia.
2. In Junon's upper areas, there is an area that you can go to called the Respectable Inn. If you go in the basement, you can find the second Enemy Skill Materia.
3. The third one is in a house in the Forgotten Capital.
4. It's in a hidden area surrounded by green grass that can only be accessible with the airship. There is a Chocobo; talk to it to get the last Enemy Skill Materia.

Here is the Enemy Skill guide:
http://www.fifthvoyager.net/finalfantasy7/enemyskill.html
Definitely get as many Enemy Skills as you can. I highly recommend Big Guard, White Wind, Aqualung, Trine, and Magic Hammer.

I would be surprised if you missed the 1st one because it's hard to miss. You might miss the 2nd to 4th ones if you don't explore the maps and the world enough.

EDIT: Oh! If you are gonna go for everything in the game, I recommend that you get Level 4 Suicide as well. There is an enemy that you want to use Morph on later and Level 4 Suicide makes Morphing it a lot easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
If anyone's playing FFVII on Steam then I found a really good mod for it.

Tino Tino You really only need 3 Enemy Skill materia tbh for each member of your party. If you're still relatively early in the game (disc one or so) I would also suggest getting the Matra Magic enemy skill. It's really useful early on, doing damage to all enemies with more power and less MP than any spell paired with an All materia. Speaking of the Respectable Inn, I would suggest going there and talking to everybody and learning all you can about the game's mechanics. There's a lot of **** you won't learn otherwise, like skipping party members turns or running from battle.

Oh and you'll want all the Enemy Skills that Xeno mentioned, along with Beta, Shadow Flare, and Pandoras Box. Pandora's box you have to jump through some hoops to get, but it's worth it.
Does anyone know if in the area with the Materia Keeper, if you go down one of the pipes without lowering the ladder, is it possible to get back up? I went through one of them and now I'm stuck );

EDIT: Nevermind I think I figured it out. If you go to the Jenova Plant from Cloud's flashback I think you can get back

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
The tournament happened today. I still have a lot to learn to improve as a player... I often have trouble trying to read and exploit patterns. I am going to try to practice more often if i have the motivation.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I am thinkken Pokken has Takken over my life. I'm not Jokken.

Anyway, just Lokken and hearing Dissidia Cloud is makken me wish we had his fukken English voice actor.
I think you should be chekken this out.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
While I was listening to Cloud's quotes;

a "So ****ing edgy" slipped out of my mouth.

And my wife chimed in and say, "Yeah what the **** are you listening to? Dante from DmC?"

And she realized it was Cloud, she gave me a really cringy look and I couldnt help laughing.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597

And my wife chimed in and say, "Yeah what the **** are you listening to? Dante from DmC?"

And she realized it was Cloud, she gave me a really cringy look and I couldnt help laughing.
Lmao your wife has no chill, but that was funny af.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Welp, I think I managed to narrow my avi pics down to two that I'll be cycling between periodically.
3Ie4uyR.jpg
ZbYpL7Cl.jpg
Aside from these two, I might use a different one every so often to keep things interesting.

The tournament happened today. I still have a lot to learn to improve as a player... I often have trouble trying to read and exploit patterns. I am going to try to practice more often if i have the motivation.
What did you place?

That would've been hilarious to see. :laugh:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
What did you place?
I did not get a placement. I had to leave at 17:00 and was DQ'd by request. I am not really allowed to be in a tournament really late which i have to talk to my dad.

It mainly depends on schedule though.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I am thinkken Pokken has Takken over my life. I'm not Jokken.

Anyway, just Lokken and hearing Dissidia Cloud is makken me wish we had his fukken English voice actor.
I think you should be chekken this out.

LMAO

I have to agree, an English voice actor (Steve Burton right?) would be ******* sick

Who's that at 3:20? That music is bumpin can you link me to it?

Last edited by a moderator:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
LMAO

I have to agree, an English voice actor (Steve Burton right?) would be fukken sick

Who's that at 3:20? That music is bumpin can you link me to it?
That's Jecht from Final Fantasy X.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I did not get a placement. I had to leave at 17:00 and was DQ'd by request. I am not really allowed to be in a tournament really late which i have to talk to my dad.

It mainly depends on schedule though.
Fair enough. You should try to find a tourney that's more flexible with your schedule. It's no fun to go to a tourney then having to leave early because of time reasons.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Watching the encounter quotes video made me realize that Cloud talks a lot about doubts. (That, or lots of FF characters deal with doubt.) I also realized that his Limit Charge animation looks like a variation of his Limit charging in that game. It's pretty neat to start linking the references with animations. An interview with Sakurai made me believe that most of his animations for his character were created from scratch, but there are some times where I watch videos, and I think the animations look to similar to not have been use for inspiration.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Used Cloud for the first time in tournament today.
Lost to the no.1 & 2 on our PR (been semi to fully retired for a while) in mostly anti-clutching type of ways (ughhh messing up techs!)

Learned two things,
ensure the first few times you use nair they're perfect and then the rest of the time people will be too scared to bother (lol). I mean, use nair perfectly always, but especially earlier on in a set.
And that I need to work on my limit game near the ledge, post-set thoughts on easy-ish to see missed opportunities.

Oh and perfect nairs lead to everyone shielding leads to getting free cross over bairs all the time.
Which eventually kills people.
And is safe.
It's like I'm Falcon.

And if they try to punish cross overs a few short hop dairs (the risk/reward on this is honestly too bonkers to care about taking a dash attack/grab if they hold shield) or nairs or all sorts of magic.

Cloud's really busted though; really really busted. It's hilarious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom