• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I feel like you guys are seriously underestimating M2K and overrating Komo, lol

Smooth Criminal
We're mostly responding to claims that M2K is best Cloud lol. It's just because he's in our country and he gets more exposure that people think he's better.

EDIT: Smashboards told me there was a new post -___-

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Ok so after some serious thinking and training, I have come to my decision.

Finishing touch is the worst move in smash 4.

You may think I am being dramatic but hear me out.

The move won't kill early anymore, the move is risky, the move is really slow, has little set ups, and has a stupid wind box.

That's just me. Over all, Cloud is still pretty good if you ask me.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
If you think that Finishing Touch is the worst move in Smash 4 with those reasons, then you must not recognize a lot of moves in the game.

The fact that you can still Dair to FT and kill below 90% for a majority of the cast, and that grounded FT was unchanged makes it anything but a bad/terrible move.

The move still kills plenty early. Just not AS early.

The start up, lack of set ups, and risk is to offput its massive reward. Too many people are thinking the nerf completely ruined the move when it didnt.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
If anything, the worst move in the game imo has to go to Ganondorf's Utilt.

For how long it takes to wind up and how open it makes you, it isn't even worth the payoff even if you DO land it

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Finishing Touch the worst move in the game? What? How? That's some ridiculous hyperbole, considering it's still useful.

It didn't change at all on the ground, and can still kill perfectly early in the air.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
The windbox on FT is not bad at all lol. It's also not a horrible move. Sure, it's not great (outside of dair -> FT) but it's still a decent move. I bet you there are a lot of chars that would want a 16f move that kills at 60 lol

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I knew there would be some thinking I was crazy. Its my opinion and I gave my reasons as to why I think that. Like I said, Cloud is still amazing, just that I think FT is garbage.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I knew there would be some thinking I was crazy. Its my opinion and I gave my reasons as to why I think that. Like I said, Cloud is still amazing, just that I think FT is garbage.
I mean feel free to think that / have that opinion.

Just know you're objectively wrong rofl.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I mean feel free to think that / have that opinion.

Just know you're objectively wrong rofl.
because you were dumb enough to admit you don't know what an opinion is and the fact that this conversation is nearly as dumb in comparison, I'm going to let you waste your time with this stupid topic. I have more important things to focus on.

The windbox on FT is not bad at all lol. It's also not a horrible move. Sure, it's not great (outside of dair -> FT) but it's still a decent move. I bet you there are a lot of chars that would want a 16f move that kills at 60 lol
Dude is that a FF racing game? That's so freaking awesome. But since you put it that way, I guess its not THE worst move. I consider it to be ONE of the worst moves in my opinion.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
because you were dumb enough to admit you don't know what an opinion is and the fact that this conversation is nearly as dumb in comparison, I'm going to let you waste your time with this stupid topic. I have more important things to focus on.

Thanks for insulting me for simply saying "You're entitled to your opinion. Just know that Finishing Touch is objectively NOT the worst move in the game and thinking that it is means you're wrong." Saying "I think" or "I feel" or "My opinion is" doesnt change facts. That's all I was saying, but you're insulting me for saying just that in a blunt manner.

Maybe you should focus on how to handle people criticizing your public opinions without devolving into hurling insults. No one gets away with saying something outrageous without criticism.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Everyone's entitled to their opinions but c'mon, there's no need for insults.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Everyone's entitled to their opinions but c'mon, there's no need for insults.
Of course there is none. As a public speaker, I understand that people think, react and feel differently then I do. Criticism is actually a very good thing if you lay it out properly. It allows people to let there voice out and give insight on what they think. Even if they don't agree or hate what I have to say, its fine. Just be explain to me why you feel the way you feel like @m0 and . Ignorant criticism is what bothers me. But in the end, I just let it go.

Last edited:

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
If anything, the worst move in the game imo has to go to Ganondorf's Utilt.
Ganon can Utilt the ledge on a recovering opponent. Low risk, high reward. Ganon's dash grab is a worthy contender as most worthless move in the game.

===

Cloud feels like a great character. When I lose with Mario, it's because he's being beaten out by range/priority. When I lose with Bowser, it's because he's getting trapped in odd angles with his giant body and gets comboed too hard. When I lose with Ganon, it's because he lacks... everything but kill power.

But when I play Cloud, when I lose it's my fault. Getting gimped happens if you risk being aggressive off stage or play close to the ledge - both are avoidable with Cloud's mobility.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Of course there is none. As a public speaker, I understand that people think, react and feel differently then I do. Criticism is actually a very good thing if you lay it out properly. It allows people to let there voice out and give insight on what they think. Even if they don't agree or hate what I have to say, its fine. Just be explain to me why you feel the way you feel. Ignorant criticism is what bothers me. But in the end, I just let it go.
Alright. Whatever the case though, resorting to insults is bad etiquette and you'll never get your point across when you do, and for good reason.

>Ignorant Criticism

wew lad
Don't. You're not making the situation any better yourself, my friend.

Ganon can Utilt the ledge on a recovering opponent. Low risk, high reward. Ganon's dash grab is a worthy contender as most worthless move in the game.
That's the only good thing you can do with it. It's bad in every other situation. However, I won't deny that his dashgrab is pretty bad too.

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
こんばんは、私のこども。

So I've been real busy lately. How's everyone? Looks like you guys got pretty heated lol.

Oh, I went to see The Who on Monday. Great concert; you guys should get tickets (especially if you wanna see high people dancing like Rick Astley, which is exactly what I saw).

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
こんばんは、私のことも。

So I've been real busy lately. How's everyone? Looks like you guys got pretty heated lol.

Oh, I went to see The Who on Monday. Great concert; you guys should get tickets (especially if you wanna see high people dancing like Rick Astley, which is exactly what I saw).
I'm doing pretty good. I WAS going to fill out an application I have earlier today but realized I don't have a good third reference, so I'm going to hold onto it till Tuesday where I know someone that I can use.

Pretty cool that you got to see The Who.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Why do we not have a thread about this?
It's a bit too minor to warrent its own thread.

It'd probably be better off in a different thread.

I was practicing it earlier and I was thinking about adding drills for it, but I havnt been convinced that it's a strong enough option to warrant drilling yet since any option that you can use to hit the opponent is highly committal, so basically only LCS is worth using since it can act as a reversal and its basically safe on shield.

Though I'm not completely against it. Probably worth knowing regardless.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
こんばんは、私のこども。

Same old **** as usual.

Must've been a great time seeing a famous rock band in concert. I ain't a fan of rock music myself.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Remember when Sega put samples of a Malcolm X speech into one track of a Sonic game?
This guy does.

Sonic Rush was a good game.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Honestly, I'd kill for a game based on the Archie comics. There's so much you could work with from them.

Tino Tino I'm not too keen with the franchise myself, but I do like some of the games.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
No offense but I don't like Sonic that much.
Story of every Sonic players life. Don't worry, you're not alone. LOL

I went to Australia in December for my sister's wedding (WA, Perth) and introduced myself to their scene in their Facebook group. Very nice group of people! I introduced myself as a Sonic (and future Cloud) main and the very first comment I got was "No one is gonna wanna play against you now that you've said that you play Sonic." Couldn't stop laughing.

If you play Sonic, you're going to get hate. Well, not you as a player but the character sure does. Happened in Brawl when we were low/mid tier heroes, happens now in Smash 4. :p

--

In Cloud-related news, I got my hands on the patch after not downloading it for a couple of days. The fact that I'm still combo'ing into aerial Finishing Touch and killing around 60/70%? Yup. Still good. And I actually don't mind the nerf to UAir personally. While it doesn't kill as early, everything about it is still the same otherwise, AND lends to my juggling better and combo'ing at early percents. It also puts the fear of airdodging into people. So many times I've scored kills on fast fallers who air dodged down into grounded Finishing Touch.

In terms of raw power and execution, it's still Cloud's most powerful Limit Break, and a very reliable one. Good Cloud players will be using it quite frequently when catching people on platforms or combo'ing between 55/60/70 percent and scoring kills on most of the cast. I was scared when I heard of the nerf to aerial FT. But since the base knockback of the move never got changed, and the knockback growth is still really powerful despite the nerf? It's terrifying in singles and doubles both.

He was nerfed, but now fast fallers have more reason to be scared of Cloud due to said nerfs.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Does anyone remember crush 40? The old Sonic soundtracks were bangin'. Probably my favorite song is Knight of the wind and I am all. shadow the hedgehog is underrated.

Story of every Sonic players life. Don't worry, you're not alone. LOL

I went to Australia in December for my sister's wedding (WA, Perth) and introduced myself to their scene in their Facebook group. Very nice group of people! I introduced myself as a Sonic (and future Cloud) main and the very first comment I got was "No one is gonna wanna play against you now that you've said that you play Sonic." Couldn't stop laughing.

If you play Sonic, you're going to get hate. Well, not you as a player but the character sure does. Happened in Brawl when we were low/mid tier heroes, happens now in Smash 4. :p

--

Sonic players are actually very smart players for the most part. Not to mention the fact sonic is very hard to master.

respect2sonic

Last edited:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
I think it always killed Cloud first...
Regardless of who dies first (which is situational with Cloud) in tournament rules, the one who initiated it is usually given the victory.

So, what do you guys think of Mew2King's Cloud? Everyone acts like he's the best Cloud in the World. I disagree I don't think he is. What do you guys think? I want to here your opinion on the matter.
Most people agree (including my self) that Komo's is the best. M2k just limit camps and then throws it away randomly. Komo isn't limited to any one strategy and has been consistently beating Ranai, the #1 ranked player in Japan since Cloud's release.

Finishing touch is the worst move in smash 4.
I present to you, Pac man's grab: (the link has the hit boxes on Pac's unforgivably horrible grab hit boxes)

http://smashboards.com/threads/4br-...ive-impressions.429826/page-131#post-20986903

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So if rumors of Final Fantasy VII Remake coming to the new Nintendo console are true, what do you guys think the chances are of receiving another Final Fantasy rep for the next Smash Bros.? Capcom gave us two reps (one from MM and the other from SF), and if it just happens to be an 'Ultimate' edition of Smash 4 or something, I can see it happening maybe. Pipe dream, but so was Cloud in the end and I never thought I'd see the day.

All I can ask for is two things. Knuckles? And lastly just for the sake of doubles, Sephiroth. A Cloud & Sephiroth team would be horrifying, much as they hate each other.

Top Bottom