• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
I saw the gif but haven't confirmed if it's heavily affected by DI/SDI

He lost the Stairway to Heaven

Now it's Straight to the Bank/Runway to Limbo

I need better names

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless

[Dictionary said:
Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.
Idk about the rest of the world, but the Merriam-Webster dictionary is as "official" as it gets for validity, and again, just because it isn't highly used, doesn't make it "not a word." :p

I guess the people from Merriam don't recommend to use it because the of reaction you'll get.

As for WT, we still have to respect it (can't just predictably throw out moves) but it's much more feasible to punish now. That's for sure.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Irregardless is also a double negative dude.

So when you used irregardless when you mean regardless, you're saying the opposite of regardless.

ALso, Webster's is known to add slang to its dictionary.

EDIT: even your link says "use regardless instead."

LMFAO EXPOSED.

Last edited:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Whether or not you can use irregardless as a synonym for regardless is debatable (and has been for the past 100 years). Whether or not it is a word, is not debatable. lol. Just gave you proof.

REGARDLESS, let's not get too much into a tangent. Just woke up and saw that more Cloud updates were added
  • Front/Back Roll Intangibility: 4-17F -> 4-15F
So his roll got two less frames of invincibility?

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
No. Is she playable or something?
She's an optional character. You get her by running around in forests and then answering a lot of questions correctly

She's hard to like when she's always stealing all your ****

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I forgot to mention that i signed up for my next Smash 4 tournament. I might not get the best results because i am still learning the game but i will just have to try.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
She's an optional character. You get her by running around in forests and then answering a lot of questions correctly

She's hard to like when she's always stealing all your ****
Sounds like she's gonna be a pain to deal with.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Shiek got nerfed. ZSS got nerfed. Corrin's Counter Surge got nerfed. And we barely got nerfs.

It was a good day.
And in Rosalina's end, no nerfs reported at all. Of course, it also helps when Rosalina's representation is on the low side, but at the same time, the lack of representation can lead to debates about some of her weaker match-ups.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I heard rumors that rosa's jab 2 got buffed.

If she actually did get buffed, I'mma be salty as ****.
If it is true, it's probably not a game changer, since the first two attacks for Rosalina's standard attack can't make KOs at all; only the third hit and the multi-hit finisher have KO potential.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Sounds like she's gonna be a pain to deal with.
Don't worry -
She only steals from you when you first meet her - if you answer any question wrong she'll steal 200 gil from you and run off and you'll have to find her again. This is negligible because iirc you get 1200 gil from winning the initial (very easy) fight with her in the first place.
In her sidequest, however, she steals all your Materia from you and you have to chase her around back to her hometown, Wutai. She'll trick you a couple more times and then get caught along with the Turk Elena by that pervert Don Corneo, who takes them up into the mountains. You temporarily work with the Turks to get them back, and you have to fight a boss with no Materia at all. When I fought it I used like all my Hi-Potions when the boss had one hit left. I didn't know how much HP it had so I was just stalling with my items when I could have just attacked and killed it. After that, Reno kicks Don Corneo off a cliff and he dies (good riddance) Yuffie will give you back your Materia, but put it on all wrong, so you have to take it all off your characters and rearrange it.

I liked her better in Advent Children "Sexist! Sexist!" She also brings you your Materia instead of stealing it:p
If it is true, it's probably not a game changer, since the first two attacks for Rosalina's standard attack can't make KOs at all; only the third hit and the multi-hit finisher have KO potential.
There are other things to nerf about moves besides kb and damage, you know...

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
That's incorrect.

Jab 2 being faster means jab 2 into double uair more viable.

There was a vine on it too.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I wasn't taking into account follow-ups when I made the last statement though. You are referring to the standard attack, right?
Yessir.

There was a rosa main who did jab 1/2 into uair x2 on shiek at various percents.

Said it was much easier to do than before. Meaning it was possible but hard, and not its not so hard.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
And in Rosalina's end, no nerfs reported at all. Of course, it also helps when Rosalina's representation is on the low side, but at the same time, the lack of representation can lead to debates about some of her weaker match-ups.
Considering that most of her major opposition got knocked down a peg or two, Rosa might get a jump in representation. Not guaranteed though because of the obvious, but hey, at least it's something to look foward to, right (more or less)?

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Okay. So, I've played my mains tonight in patch 1.1.5 :4bayonetta2: and :4cloud:

I don't think the nerf affected :4cloud:to badly. I wasn't playing serious tonight me and my friend were mostly joking around and not being serious lol. I have noticed his up air being nerfed and it taking a bit longer to charge the Limit Meter. I don't think the patch was really that bad for Cloud. I haven't noticed as of yet. Didn't his Smash Attacks all get there knockback reduced?

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
^ All but usmash

Guys, am I crazy? I can still get dair -> Finishing Touch to connect as a true kill combo between like 40-47 percent (before the dair)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Okay. So, I've played my mains tonight in patch 1.1.5 :4bayonetta2: and :4cloud:

I don't think the nerf affected :4cloud:to badly. I wasn't playing serious tonight me and my friend were mostly joking around and not being serious lol. I have noticed his up air being nerfed and it taking a bit longer to charge the Limit Meter. I don't think the patch was really that bad for Cloud. I haven't noticed as of yet. Didn't his Smash Attacks all get there knockback reduced?

^ All but usmash

Guys, am I crazy? I can still get dair -> Finishing Touch to connect as a true kill combo between like 40-47 percent (before the dair)
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...ing_up_misconceptions_about_clouds_finishing/

7NATOR

Smash Master
So apparently a guy on reddit reported that The grounded version of Finishing Touch still kills at 1.1.4 percents.

However, the aerial version is depended on how high you are

The higher you are, the closer to pre patch kill percents.

Also Dair to Finishing touch still kills REALLY early

Here is the demonstration posted by SETHsational:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcNjuH-93jo

EDIT: I WAS BEATEN TO THE PUNCH AT POSTING!

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
One day, PAYBACK!

in any cases, I haven't played the lastest patch yet, How is Cloud

and with the nerfs to other top tiers, could Cloud be the Best character in Smash Bros

A Nintendo fighting game

Bested y a Non-Nintendo video game character

I can deal with that.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Cloud is the best male character in Smash 4. :V

He's still good. I can see him becoming top 5 material now.

And that's why he is getting SUPER nerfed in the next Smash Bros

If there is one.

and if he comes back.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Just in case you guys don't know you can do sour dair to sweet dair at really low percents. It doesn't kill or anything but it can set them up for a nair stage spike or another dair.

Top Bottom