• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
This is a stimulating post to bring some activity here. :smash:

How's everyone doing?
Another week to make some cash money for me.

And I decided that this social thread will be my new home from now on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How's everyone doing?
I'm a bit nervous because I have a test tomorrow... and this is before my spring break.
I did study for it, but I always get these nerves.

Welcome to AVALANCHE! :)

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I'm a bit nervous because I have a test tomorrow... and this is before my spring break.
I'm sure you'll do fine. You did study for it after all.

As for me, I'm one of those lucky few that can perform well on tests either by studying at the last moment or not studying at all.

Plus, spring break is on the horizon.

What's the subject of the test btw?

D

Deleted member

I'm sure you'll do fine. You did study for it after all.

As for me, I'm one of those lucky few that can perform well on tests either by studying at the last moment or not studying at all.

Plus, spring break is on the horizon.

What's the subject of the test btw?
Differential Equations
Normally I would study for about an hour and a half for two days before a test, and then study some more if I have time left before class starts.
Hopefully I can get through it.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I'm going to start this off by saying that I mean no disrespect to Cloud at all. He's one of my mains and Final Fantasy 7 is my favorite game of all time! I really REALLY hope you guys don't give me any hate because this is my opinion.

There's something that's been on my mind ever since Friday. ZeRo's Tier List. He's placed Cloud in the Top 5 which I strongly disagree with. Cloud is a really great character with alot of tools to his arsenal. Plus his Limit Break is really amazing. I feel like Cloud can give some of the top tiers a bit of trouble. However, I really don't think he's top 5... Maybe around Top 20. I think that there is alot of things that holds Cloud back like his recovery lack of any true combos into grabs and the fact that he can be easy to edgeguard. I'm deeply sorry but, I don't think this character is top 5. I just think that there is alot of things that holds him back. Please, respect my opinion.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm going to start this off by saying that I mean no disrespect to Cloud at all. He's one of my mains and Final Fantasy 7 is my favorite game of all time! I really REALLY hope you guys don't give me any hate because this is my opinion.

There's something that's been on my mind ever since Friday. ZeRo's Tier List. He's placed Cloud in the Top 5 which I strongly disagree with. Cloud is a really great character with alot of tools to his arsenal. Plus his Limit Break is really amazing. I feel like Cloud can give some of the top tiers a bit of trouble. However, I really don't think he's top 5... Maybe around Top 20. I think that there is alot of things that holds Cloud back like his recovery lack of any true combos into grabs and the fact that he can be easy to edgeguard. I'm deeply sorry but, I don't think this character is top 5. I just think that there is alot of things that holds him back. Please, respect my opinion.
*raises an eyebrow.*

Smooth Criminal

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

Eh, you're not offending anyone (at least I hope not...).
A few things I'd like to point out, though:

1. Anything said by ZeRo regarding characters should be taken with a grain of salt.

2. We're not sure if Cloud IS top 5 material. We're considering it, but not claiming it.

3. A character's strengths and weaknesses are only a factor in where they are in a tier list. There is also tourney results and the like.

4. Tier lists can go die in a car fire. Play as the characters you like. The majority of us didn't pick up Cloud because he was good competitively (that just happened to be a nice bonus.), we picked him up because we like him and/or he's fun.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Here's a discussion, Who is hyped for Pokken coming out on Friday?

I have been keeping up with the game for a long time now and it looks fluid just like Skullgirls (which is a great fighting game).

I may either pick up Pikachu, Charizard (I hear is bad though :( ) or Garchomp.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Welcome to AVALANCHE! :)
Good to be officially a part of it. :)

**** tier lists. Just play whoever you like to play as.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
I'm definitely hype for Pokken, since 2 of my Type:Wild mains (Gengar & Gardevoir, who were the ONLY 2 that could air-dash, EASILY making them among Top 5 there (Eva-Beatrice & Frederica Bernkastel from Ougon Musou Kyoku Cross, as well as Cascavian & Tomohawk from Battle CAPacity were also among the only air-dashers in those 2D fighters, which also helped put them among the upper half of the cast, and yes, I mained them all, including Rosa Ushiromiya (no extra air capabilities, but she DID have a shotgun that OWNS Dlanor A. Knox. :3) & Furudo Erika (2 Jumps, which Bernkastel ALSO has!) & possibly George Ushiromiya)) and one of my Mugen mains (Sceptile~) are in it.

Plus there's also Weavile, whose Ice Pad (?) okizeme looks EXTRAORDINARY, if Justin Wong's performance was anything to go by, as well as R. MikaChu-- erm, LibreChu-- er, 'Chu Libre, whose appearance style reminds me of El Blaze from Virtua Fighter, El Stingray from Saturday Night Slam Masters, El Fuerte from USF4, & possibly Tizoc from Garou: Mark of the Wolves, though I wonder if she'll fight like Fighters History Dynamite / World Heroes Perfect's Ryoko or Akatsuki Blitzkampf's Kanae or 3S Makoto or El Fuerte.... *Has YET to see any match vid footage thus far, hence the Blue Text of Theory*

Well, even if Zard turns out to not be so good in Pokken (*HOPES that he'll be good there!*), at least there's always Mugen, where Gladiazard's kinda legit (Though his attack range is ridiculously far enough that he can out-lame Royce's DHD! 8O), and this.... isn't.

*Goes and continues developing his ambitiously-in-perpetual-development (fan)fic series, Shimmering Eyes, some more.... by writing up a random (non-canon?) skit in which Cewhin the male non-shiny Plusle and Sebrin the male non-shiny Minun (aka the Bwin Twins, who I DO PLAN on featuring in Shimmering Eyes someday, but will probably sooner see the light of day in The Official Conquest Thread....) fanboy over LibreChu....* X3

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845

How's everyone doing?
Um, I'm sitting over here waiting for some wonderful soul to make a Tifa simile.

I got the Highwind and went into Cloud's mind. I was actually glad for less Cloud in the story, because it meant more Tifa personality in the story! That's why I'm madly in love with Tifa! Personality! Oh and hair too. I love her hair.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

I have been keeping up with the game for a long time now and it looks fluid just like Skullgirls (which is a great fighting game).

I might get it, but it won't be for a while because I'm not all into fighting games all that much (Skullgirls is great, though.), that and I have no money and no job (gonna work on that this week.)

If I DO get it however, I'll definitely be maining Gardevoir (it's one of my favorite Pokemon, after all.) and maybe Garchomp or Sceptile.

Um, I'm sitting over here waiting for some wonderful soul to make a Tifa simile.

I got the Highwind and went into Cloud's mind. I was actually glad for less Cloud in the story, because it meant more Tifa personality in the story! That's why I'm madly in love with Tifa! Personality! Oh and hair too. I love her hair.
You love Tifa quite a bit, haha. If I run into anything Tifa related, I'll let you know.

Real quick, I can't remember if you answered this, but have you played any of the Dissidia games? More specifically, Duodecim?

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

The entire Smashboard website is my home on the Internet along with Youtube, Cloud is one of my main now. This is one o the thread that I will visit often. And yeah I lost track a while ago... but now I'm back.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Real quick, I can't remember if you answered this, but have you played any of the Dissidia games? More specifically, Duodecim?
I haven't, sadly. Any way I can get one? What consoles are they on? Dissidia is like a FFVII-themed fighting game, right?
You love Tifa quite a bit, haha. If I run into anything Tifa related, I'll let you know.
Stuff like this? <3

EDIT: Wait, is Gallade or Flygon in Pokken?

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I haven't, sadly. Any way I can get one? What consoles are they on? Dissidia is like a FFVII-themed fighting game, right?
The original and Duodecim are available on the PSP (PSPs are rather inexpensive nowadays if you don't have one) while the latest one is on arcades and is Japan only right now. If you do get one of the games, get Duodecim. It's the same game as the first but with more content (additional characters, a second story, more tracks, etc.)

As for your second question, here's a video:
Note: Tifa is playable, but only in Duodecim as one of the extra characters alongside Lightning, Laguna, Kain, Vaan, and Yuna. Gabranth and two characters from FF14 whose names escape me atm are also Duodecim exclusive if I recall right.

Stuff like this? <3

EDIT: Wait, is Gallade or Flygon in Pokken?
More or less, sure.

As playable characters or support Pokemon?
No as far as I know.

Last edited:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Regarding Zero's tier placing:

Although I think he is a great player, the best as of yet, his videos have shown to.... not be the most accurate. For example, how on Earth he puts Tink so low is beyond me. The character has already consistently gotten results in nationals with Hyuga, and has proven to be able to deal with all of the top tiers. I bet you guys anything that if he did this tier list before shots fired 2 (where Tweek went 3rd with cloud), he would be putting Cloud closer to the 10th spot. Edgeguarding in general is a pretty weak skill when it comes to the smash community. I just think since shiek and zss are the strongest characters in the game (with pretty amazing recoveries), most people don't develop an edge guarding game, which is cloud's main weakness. I personally see :4sheik::4zss::rosalina::4bayonetta::4metaknight::4fox::4ryu: as better characters, whose weaknesses are less exploitable than clouds. Is Cloud a top 5 character? Maybe, but I really doubt it. Cloud has become extremely flavor of the month, seeing how his strengths are really easy to apply, and you don't need to use him much to be able to play him at a fundamental level. At all levels, he is actually getting the most results, right ahead of Mario, but that is because of how good he is and how easy it is to play him.

TLDR: Cloud is probably close to 10th, but he is getting over hyped atm (like when Ryu got popular, MK got popular, etc.).

Regarding Pokken: The game looks AMAZING, and looks like a fighting game us smashers can get into having:

1) Old School nostalgia

2) Easy to play, hard to master game style

3) It isn't traditional, in that it has both the tekken 3d fight phase, and the classic 2d fighting phase

4) :025: and :006:!!!

Plus, it really seems the creators are pushing for the game to be competitive with the 100k pot championship already planned.
Just looking at the tutorials from youtube, the game gives a nice helping hand to understand the game, both the theory and the button inputs, perfect for newbies.

SonicvMario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicvMario
3DS FC
4957-5533-0802

I'm excited for it but I'm not gonna get it for a while. I'm a bit disapointed that local multiplayer apparently makes it run at 30fps

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917

I'm not really all that hyped for it, tbh. I haven't payed too much attention to it and it seems more like an arcade fighter.
I have to stick with just Smash and Street Fighter V for now. That and now I have to eat some crow, thanks to Alpharad getting me hooked on Rivals.
EDIT: just watched Shofu's Mewtwo video. I am now going to go trade in Street Fighter and pre-order Pokken Tournament.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

How's everyone doing?
I've been putting off guides and research (again) because I'm dumb and lazy and would rather spend time grinding in PSO2 lmfao.

Someone get on my ass please.

EDIT: Cloud is top 10 solid. Anything below 10th is underestimating him.

Putting him top 5 is not ridiculous, but as of yet, I dont think anything solid will support top 5 and will take potential in consideration, which is what ZeRo did.

All of his top tiers take potential into account. For High tiers, he specifically mentions he is NOT going to take potential into account, meaning he's gonna do the same for everything high tier and below.

So if you're looking at potential for Top tiers, it makes sense he puts Bayo at 2nd and Cloud in top 5.

Do I think he's top 5 material myself? With taking potential into consideration, yeah he could get there; though barely.

Potential is why people still rate Ryu top 10 despite him having very little representation.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
@Skelly What are the controls like? Is it all about your quarter-circle 6-buttons-at-once Street Fighter ****? Can chars stay in the air forever? Who even are these characters lmao? Where is the life bar?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The entire Smashboard website is my home on the Internet along with Youtube, Cloud is one of my main now. This is one o the thread that I will visit often. And yeah I lost track a while ago... but now I'm back.
The Rosalina social used to be my home...well, the old one, but since SOMEONE...closed it up, I'm left with nothing and the new one just feels empty to me so I decided to settle in here. And welcome back, I guess.
@Skelly What are the controls like? Is it all about your quarter-circle 6-buttons-at-once Street Fighter ****? Can chars stay in the air forever? Who even are these characters lmao? Where is the life bar?
Why do you ask so many questions? And what's with you and Tifa?

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Hoo boy, it's been a while since I've played, so here's a video explaining how to play:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Why do you ask so many questions? And what's with you and Tifa?
We got a problem homie? Just trying to DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE I SPEND MONEY

I think a better question is, why are you so annoyingly cheerful?
THAT DIDN'T MAKE SENSE AT ALL

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
We got a problem homie? Just trying to DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE I SPEND MONEY

I think a better question is, why are you so annoyingly cheerful?
THAT DIDN'T MAKE SENSE AT ALL
No problem here, homes. Just saying. Just spend money on whatever and smile.

Because I'm always cheerful. :grin:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I would say Cloud is somewhere in the top 6-10.
Me, I'm sick.
And single.
Aaaaaand irritable.
I think that putting Cloud in the top 5 may be pushing it myself, because he does have one fatal flaw that none of the top 5 fighters suffer from, which is his poor recovery. The top 5 characters all have very good to tolerable recoveries, while Cloud needs to be in Limit Break mode to improve his long ranged recovery. And even then, if Cloud gets edge-guarded after using the Limit Break boosted Climhazzard, he has very little chance of avoiding the TKO.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
So I'm assuming you all have played Final Fantasy 7. Did you guys go on a date with Tifa, Aeris, (or Barret) On my first Playthrough I went on a date with Aeris. On my second I went on one with Tifa. Do you guys prefer Cloud and Aeris or Cloud and Tifa as a couple? At first I preferCloud and Aeris. When she died I cried like a baby not going to lie lol. Now I'm kinda more leaning towards Cloud and Tifa because Tifa is always there for Cloud.

(Sorry for the potential spoilers, I'm on my phone and I don't know how to use the spoilers option)

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Potential is why people still rate Ryu top 10 despite him having very little representation.
If Bayo is top 10, so is Ryu. They both have similar strengths in weaknesses in that:

a) They both have mediocre to meh neutrals

b) Bad throws

c) Can kill you at mid percents from a single mistake

Although Bayo is probably better because WT is broken and easily the best counter in the game (if it wasn't for corrin, WT would be the best counter by far).

The biggest difference between the two is that Bayo is more mobile than ryu, but that balances itself out since ryu is so freaking heavy, killing even earlier with rage.

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
I think that putting Cloud in the top 5 may be pushing it myself, because he does have one fatal flaw that none of the top 5 fighters suffer from, which is his poor recovery. The top 5 characters all have very good to tolerable recoveries, while Cloud needs to be in Limit Break mode to improve his long ranged recovery. And even then, if Cloud gets edge-guarded after using the Limit Break boosted Climhazzard, he has very little chance of avoiding the TKO.
In a game where edgeguarding is at its weakest and in a meta where edgeguarding is not at all prevalent, Cloud's poor recovery doesn't hamper him in a significant way to where he's unable to be amidst the upper echelon of the cast. I'd even argue that Cloud's recovery isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

D

Deleted member

In a game where edgeguarding is at its weakest and in a meta where edgeguarding is not at all prevalent, Cloud's poor recovery doesn't hamper him in a significant way to where he's unable to be amidst the upper echelon of the cast. I'd even argue that Cloud's recovery isn't as bad as people make it out to be.
Plus, you know what other high tiers through the series also had poor/exploitable recoveries?

:falcomelee::falconmelee::icsmelee::falco::olimar::diddy:
lmao falco repeated himself.

Top Bottom