• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Imp there isn't enough in the songs.
imo theres just enough stuff lol. I usually don't like lots of instruments at the same time, or metal guitar in general. The one exception is the Advent Children soundtrack

Edit:
This image speaks the truth

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Ugh, I'm surrounded by young people...
cranky_kong_04.png

You kids think you know pain? When Pokemon Red and Blue first came out, we couldn't play it without four AA batteries, and we had to adjust our contrast! Our Fifty Shades of Gray were all on the little Game Boy's screen, and we liked it! And if we wanted to trade our Pokemon, we had to be in the same room at the same time!
And don't get me started on TMs and HMs! Used your TM29 Psychic on that Starmie, didja? Hope you like Starmie! Taught your Charmeleon Cut? Get used to opening the start menu, rookie!
But did we complain? Nosireebob, we didn't! We were just grateful when the game saved right after we got that dang bicycle. Running shoes? Hah! Back in my day you only ever hit the B button to back out of a menu!
Kids today, I tell ya, buncha dad-burned hippies, what with their animes, and interwebs and yaois...

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
Ah, yes. New Pokemon players. You're all deluded if you think Unova is the worst lol. Plain old Red and Blue have not aged very well at all if you ask me. And no one got it good to begin with.

Now, Ruby and Sapphire—that's where we got the real good stuff.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Ah, yes. New Pokemon players. You're all deluded if you think Unova is the worst lol. Plain old Red and Blue have not aged very well at all if you ask me. And no one got it good to begin with.

Now, Ruby and Sapphire—that's where we got the real good stuff.
You lost me. R/S required a Pokemon with four HM moves to explore all the water levels; that was pretty lame.
G/S ftw.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I've played every single Pokemon and if i'm to be completely honest Gold and Silver imo were the best I love all the generations, but gen 2 was the best. Not only did it introduce new Pokemon, but iirc after obtaining all the badges and defeating the Elite 4 it unlocked the Region of the first gen where you can catch all of the previous gen pokemon defeat all the gym leaders defeat the elite 4 become the champion then face off against your character from the first game..... To me that was pretty Epic and until this day no other Pokemon game has gotten me as hyped as that. Now i'm willing to agree with what Zenithia Zenithia said that the older games have not aged well and some of the more recent ones have interesting stories like B,W with N having you question the very concept of catching Pokemon, but there's something about the classic games that had a certain charm to them that the newer ones fail to do..... again it's all just my unpopular opinion.

Edit: sorry for the Wall of text....

Last edited:

Kitzu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kitzu77
I've played every gen if you count remakes. Unova is actually my favourite.

I may not know the pain, but I can imagine.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
My favorite gens in order:

Gen 3 (this includes the Orre games and remakes.)
Gen 2 (this includes the remakes.)
Gen 5
Gen 4
Gen 1
Gen 6

View attachment 100029
You kids think you know pain? When Pokemon Red and Blue first came out, we couldn't play it without four AA batteries, and we had to adjust our contrast! Our Fifty Shades of Gray were all on the little Game Boy's screen, and we liked it! And if we wanted to trade our Pokemon, we had to be in the same room at the same time!
And don't get me started on TMs and HMs! Used your TM29 Psychic on that Starmie, didja? Hope you like Starmie! Taught your Charmeleon Cut? Get used to opening the start menu, rookie!
But did we complain? Nosireebob, we didn't! We were just grateful when the game saved right after we got that dang bicycle. Running shoes? Hah! Back in my day you only ever hit the B button to back out of a menu!
Kids today, I tell ya, buncha dad-burned hippies, what with their animes, and interwebs and yaois...
Who're you calling young!? I'll have you know, I started with Yellow.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
View attachment 100029
Hey! I struggled through Blue on the Game Boy Color when I was little too!
Old people these days, always stuck in the past and thinking they're better... WE are the future!

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Who're you calling young!? I'll have you know, I started with Yellow.
Yellow?
images (1).jpg

The game that gave you Pikachu and all three starters, and each town had its own nice color? If I wanted a Squirtle, I had to trade for one, like a man!

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Well I sit at a solid 22 so I guess I'm in the middle of young and old?

My favorite gens in order would be...

I remember playing through Pearl and not remembering a single bit of it. So, that's why 4th is my least favorite gen.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Not from nostalgia or anything - since I'm still in the middle of the game - but this song wills me to start the game again

D

Deleted member

Was it really that bad? lol
Didn't seem that bad to me...
Sunshine isn't a bad game...
But completing it? My god, completing the game is a pain.
There's a shine where you have to slowly take Yoshi around a boat (if he goes in the water, he dies and you have to do it again), use him to open a pipe, go through some lily pad across death water and collect 8 red coins. If you go in the pipe at the end, it doesn't take you back to the beginning, but Delfino Plaza, meaning you have to do the thing with Yoshi again. And don't get me started on the blue coins; you need a guide for them.
I wouldn't recommend completing the game anyway. You just get a picture at the end if you get 120 shines, AKA bragging rights.

Last edited by a moderator:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Sunshine isn't a bad game...
But completing it? My god, completing the game is a pain.
There's a shine where you have to slowly take Yoshi around a boat (if he goes in the water, he dies and you have to do it again), use him to open a pipe, go through some lily pad across death water and collect 8 red coins. If you go in the pipe at the end, it doesn't take you back to the beginning, but Delfino Plaza, meaning you have to do the thing with Yoshi again. And don't get me started on the blue coins; you need a guide for them.
I wouldn't recommend completing the game anyway. You just get a picture at the end if you get 120 shines, AKA bragging rights.
I heard there was a pretty easy glitch to get past that

D

Deleted member

I heard there was a pretty easy glitch to get past that
There is? Huh...

Still, there are many other difficult shines, like this glitchy pachinko machine. It's by far one of the most difficult shines to get in the game...

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
The true pain of Nintendo was Super Mario Sunshine.
2016-03-13 09.31.58.jpg

Unless it was the red coin levels... especially the pachinko one... *shudders*
Yellow?
View attachment 100043
The game that gave you Pikachu and all three starters, and each town had its own nice color? If I wanted a Squirtle, I had to trade for one, like a man!
Despite all of the game's luxuries, I actually beat the game on my first playthrough with nothing but a Nidoking. No joke. Pretty impressive for a 6 year old kid.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yellow?
View attachment 100043
The irony about that statement is that you "still" have to perform trades, since Yellow does not get the Weedle, Ekans, Meowth, and Koffing lines at all. Likewise, Raichu, Jynx, Electabuzz, and Magmar can't be acquired in the Yellow version either.

Kitzu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kitzu77
Sunshine was very fun though. And I was young, so I sucked at games lol. If it were released on the virtual console I would buy it asap.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Sunshine was very fun though. And I was young, so I sucked at games lol. If it were released on the virtual console I would buy it asap.
Dude when I was young I played through Blue with my little brother. We went all the wrong ways and did the story in the completely wrong order. We thought Ghost types couldn't be hit by physical moves at all lol. We relied on this one Nidoking that knew like Horn Attack and some stupid TM moves that didn't do anything lol. When I got back on that file later we were in that cave where you catch Articuno and we had like four badges lmao. Then I started glitching it and the save file disappeared - my brother still blames my glitches for it (even though they were completely safe)

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
One of the best things about Sunshine imo is just how colorful it is. Damn was it a pretty game to look at. You don't see much like it in games of this day and age anymore.

Glitching Red and Blue and Yellow is super fun. One of my favorite things to do lol
It is. Heck, I have Mew from the Mew glitch on my roster in my physical copy of Yellow.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I missed out on Mario Sunshine since I never had a GameCube due to my parents not being able to afford one because of bills and I was still in school. If it were to come out on the Virtual Console along with other GameCube games, I would download it straight away.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
View attachment 100048
Unless it was the red coin levels... especially the pachinko one... *shudders*

Despite all of the game's luxuries, I actually beat the game on my first playthrough with nothing but a Nidoking. No joke. Pretty impressive for a 6 year old kid.
Nidoking respect! Probably the single most-deserving Gen 1 to not get a Mega Evolution yet.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So I managed to put in at least 12 hours into Final Fantasy VII, which I'm now at the part where Cloud and his crew are disguised as Shinra soldiers about to go to this "city above ground" or whatever. Y'all should've seen my god awful performance I made at that parade they had for the new Shinra president. lol

Just exactly how big is the game anyway?

D

Deleted member

So I managed to put in at least 12 hours into Final Fantasy VII, which I'm now at the part where Cloud and his crew are disguised as Shinra soldiers about to go to this "city above ground" or whatever. Y'all should've seen my god awful performance I made at that parade they had for the new Shinra president. lol

The game is pretty long.
It took me about 50 hours just to get to Sephiroth, and I did everything except for fighting the Emerald and Ruby Weapons (I wanted to fight them, but I think that I encountered a glitch where all I can do now is fight Sephiroth).

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597

I can almost guarantee you each FF game is long lol there is no short one unless you want to count spin offs, in which case I would say FF7 Crisis Core is short compared to other games in the franchise.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

Can we talk about how good this song is?

Protip: please watch this
I saw it coming! It was only a matter of time before Gilva's quality rip was going to be posted here.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
don't know why you guys think Nintendo screwed up with Pokémon batteries and Mario Sunshine.
This is when they ****ed up

And you could say they ****ed up with PlayStation, but without it, we probably never got this

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845

Don't worry I failed at that too lol

I love how big the game is and I never want it to end either!

Can someone make a Tifa simile? I would love you forever

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
This is a stimulating post to bring some activity here. :smash:

How's everyone doing?

Top Bottom