• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

51 characters total, reasoning inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I give it up, the E3 demo is older than the Smash Direct itself, no expression on Mega Man's face during the FS, random knockback, game crashing, big loading screens. The 3DS would always have the same size to acomodate the roster, even if it had 100 slots, you would be assuming it's 48 because it is what "fits" on the screen and in the Wii U version, Greninja comes before Pikachu, showing that they were just trying to fit the characters in the demo

The official image

Demo

Shin F.

Smash Master
I give it up, the E3 demo is older than the Smash Direct itself, no expression on Mega Man's face during the FS, random knockback, game crashing, big loading screens. The 3DS would always have the same size to acomodate the roster, even if it had 100 slots, you would be assuming it's 48 because it is what "fits" on the screen and in the Wii U version, Greninja comes before Pikachu, showing that they were just trying to fit the characters in the demo

The official image

Demo
The demo being older doesn't mean much since the official image still matches its size and arrangement. And the main character (Pikachu) being on the right has precedent in Melee, where Link is on the right side of Zelda rather than the left and Fox is on the right side of Falco. Pikachu itself is on the right of Pichu. Generally speaking, character arrangements are really flexible as long as the series is still grouped together, so Pikachu and Greninja being in that order doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings

The official image

Demo
I kind of fail to see what this is trying to prove or disprove. Unless you're insinuating the Wii U will scroll or something? 47 + Random would work because it fits in an aesthetically pleasing manner on both screens with little fuss. Also, the fact that characters ARE out of order in the 3DS CSS suggests that there's a different sorting system going on there, which probably wouldn't occur if the layout were identical to the Wii U.

EDIT: Here, check this out.

Smash 4 Placement Roster.png

The top part of this roster is for the Wii U. The bottom is for the 3DS. Both placement mockups are based off of what each demo showed. There's definitely a different sorting system going on, it appears, which makes sense if the screens have differing layouts of characters on them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The demo being older doesn't mean much since the official image still matches its size and arrangement. And the main character (Pikachu) being on the right has precedent in Melee, where Link is on the right side of Zelda rather than the left and Fox is on the right side of Falco. Pikachu itself is on the right of Pichu. Generally speaking, character arrangements are really flexible as long as the series is still grouped together, so Pikachu and Greninja being in that order doesn't mean anything.
Actually, the 6 clone characters were added last minute and are adjacent to their original selfs, their boxes aren't aligned with the rest of the roster, are you telling me Greninja is a last minute clone?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Actually, the 6 clone characters were added last minute and are adjacent to their original selfs, their boxes aren't aligned with the rest of the roster, are you telling me Greninja is a last minute clone?
The reason for the arrangement is irrelevant. It doesn't change the fact that the characters don't need to be arranged from left to right on the CSS. There's no reason Pikachu can't be on the right side.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I kind of fail to see what this is trying to prove or disprove. Unless you're insinuating the Wii U will scroll or something? 47 + Random would work because it fits in an aesthetically pleasing manner on both screens with little fuss. Also, the fact that characters ARE out of order in the 3DS CSS suggests that there's a different sorting system going on there, which probably wouldn't occur if the layout were identical to the Wii U.
Aesthetically pleasing only really matters if Sakurai looked at the 3DS screen and said "oh, it only fits 48 slots, I wanted to put so many newcomers! But people will understand to have a good looking CSS", 50 can also fit with no problem: it's a round number, and having a retangular CSS like Brawl's would be easier to navigate through a 5x10 than something like Melee's CSS

Shin F.

Smash Master
Aesthetically pleasing only really matters if Sakurai looked at the 3DS screen and said "oh, it only fits 48 slots, I wanted to put so many newcomers! But people will understand to have a good looking CSS", 50 can also fit with no problem: it's a round number, and having a retangular CSS like Brawl's would be easier to navigate through a 5x10 than something like Melee's CSS
Sakurai wouldn't have done this because he's the one who designed it to fit however many are able to fit. He chose the characters before he designed it, not the other way around. If he wanted it with 50, he would have designed it to fit 50. At the size of the icons that Sakurai designed specifically to fit the roster, 48 fits the best. IF there were going to be 50 slots, he would have designed it that way.

Last edited:

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
I'm not getting into another scrolling vs static argument, so I'll suffice with this. The fact that the 3DS characters are in a different order than the Wii U suggests that the sorting of characters has changed. Why, I cannot clearly say, but it suggests very heavily that there will be a different format of character display. If it scrolled, why not just preserve the Wii U CSS 1:1? There would be little downside and it would unite the two games across platforms.

A different order occurs likely due to a different layout, which would only come into play if there was a reason to shift squares around. Since 47 + Random fits really well on both displays with just a minimum of tweaking(shrunken icons, which will occur on the Wii U as well most likely), it's reasonable to assume both will do just that and that 48 total cells is the magic number.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The roster can fit any number of characters Sakurai wants. The idea that this roster can ONLY fit 48 slots and look appeasing is ludicrous. Could we only get 48 slots? Why of course! Its just stupid when people make up arguments about what they "think" looks appeasing with the character select screen, despite the fact that the roster could fit any number of slots Sakurai wanted too and still make it look good.

All of these arguments about the roster size based on the current screen is stupid and ridiculous and will amount to nothing because we have to interpret how it will look in the end, and numerous things could happen to make it fit more or less characters.

D

Deleted member

I'm not getting into another scrolling vs static argument, so I'll suffice with this. The fact that the 3DS characters are in a different order than the Wii U suggests that the sorting of characters has changed. Why, I cannot clearly say, but it suggests very heavily that there will be a different format of character display. If it scrolled, why not just preserve the Wii U CSS 1:1? There would be little downside and it would unite the two games across platforms.

A different order occurs likely due to a different layout, which would only come into play if there was a reason to shift squares around. Since 47 + Random fits really well on both displays with just a minimum of tweaking(shrunken icons, which will occur on the Wii U as well most likely), it's reasonable to assume both will do just that and that 48 total cells is the magic number.
You're implying that Sakurai looked at the 3DS screen and decided to make 48 slots, HE CANNOT REDESIGN THE 3DS SCREEN, as you said, icons can shrunk down, so wh not shrunk to fit 50? Simple, because it cannot fit in one screen, you're right, you can only fit 48 without scrolling or whatever, but that's because the 3DS screen can only fit this number at a time without making it impossible to see on a regular 3DS screen
Sakurai wouldn't have done this because he's the one who designed it to fit however many are able to fit. He chose the characters before he designed it, not the other way around. If he wanted it with 50, he would have designed it to fit 50. At the size of the icons that Sakurai designed specifically to fit the roster, 48 fits the best. IF there were going to be 50 slots, he would have designed it that way.
The problem is: he cannot design the 3DS screen, the 3DS screen would always have the same layout no matter the size of the roster

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Forgot to mention in my previous post. Everyone assumes that the Gematsu leak is correct right now anyway. The roster needs to accomodate those DLC characters, which means the roster will HAVE to be able to get bigger, which makes arguing about the roster size based on the CSS all the more pointless because Sakurai is going to find a way to make it work.

Shin F.

Smash Master
You're implying that Sakurai looked at the 3DS screen and decided to make 48 slots, HE CANNOT REDESIGN THE 3DS SCREEN, as you said, icons can shrunk down, so wh not shrunk to fit 50? Simple, because it cannot fit in one screen, you're right, you can only fit 48 without scrolling or whatever, but that's because the 3DS screen can only fit this number at a time without making it impossible to see on a regular 3DS screen

The problem is: he cannot design the 3DS screen, the 3DS screen would always have the same layout no matter the size of the roster
It doesn't matter if he can design the screen. That's irrelevant. He designed the icons! He could have made them any size he wanted. He could have made it one icon per row and the icon goes across the width of the screen. He could've put 50 icons on a row, and they're each just a pixel wide. He didn't do any of that. He made the icons just the right size that it fits perfectly into this space not once, but twice - once for each version. It reeks of intentional design.
Forgot to mention in my previous post. Everyone assumes that the Gematsu leak is correct right now anyway. The roster needs to accomodate those DLC characters, which means the roster will HAVE to be able to get bigger, which makes arguing about the roster size based on the CSS all the more pointless because Sakurai is going to find a way to make it work.
And Sakurai himself said that he wants the initial release to be as full and complete a game as it can be. Even if there is going to be DLC later, that doesn't effect the initial design.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

OMG guys, Hyrule Warriors confirmed to have 9 playable characters because only 9 fits on the secret slots, because it wouldn't look aesthetic pleasing to put more slots there

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
OMG guys, Hyrule Warriors confirmed to have 9 playable characters because only 9 fits on the secret slots, because it wouldn't look aesthetic pleasing to put more slots there
We've already got more than nine characters confirmed (the villains will be playable too).

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings

I'm implying this is the solution Sakurai pursued, I can't speak for the why. That it fits nicely and cleanly is a happy coincidence(and a reason I'm an advocate for it being the final design). I don't know if he was presented with 3DS specs and decided the number then, or if he arrived to the number and was happily surprised, or if he in fact did want more and decided to trim things down. From the evidence I've been able to salvage, it would appear that a single-screen CSS with 47 + Random was the chosen solution.

I've covered this as well, in that there will likely be a separate CSS page for DLC-specific characters accessed through the bottom screen in some method.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm implying this is the solution Sakurai pursued, I can't speak for the why. That it fits nicely and cleanly is a happy coincidence(and a reason I'm an advocate for it being the final design). I don't know if he was presented with 3DS specs and decided the number then, or if he arrived to the number and was happily surprised, or if he in fact did want more and decided to trim things down. From the evidence I've been able to salvage, it would appear that a single-screen CSS with 47 + Random was the chosen solution.

I've covered this as well, in that there will likely be a separate CSS page for DLC-specific characters accessed through the bottom screen in some method.
Yes, and that's a stupid idea. I know you've covered it, but its completely ridiculous to suggest that DLC can get an extra section that way rather than just the main roster getting extended.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Yes, and that's a stupid idea. I know you've covered it, but its completely ridiculous to suggest that DLC can get an extra section that way rather than just the main roster getting extended.
I don't see the issue with that. It cleanly divides DLC and the standard roster, and also covers the possibility that DLC may be governed under the same rules as the Mii Fighters.

D

Deleted member

You have literally no proof aside from being "aesthetic pleasing" which really doesn't matter, who stops to look at the roster? No one, they select a fighter and play, also, we already had separate pages for the stages(new stages and past stages), why the same isn't "aesthetically pleasing" for characters?

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I skipped to the last page to remind people that the demo screen doesn't really hold any ground in how many characters there will be. Sakurai can flexibly do anything he wanted to make sure all his characters fit on the screen. For example, every other row can have one extra character on it so it goes 9-10-9-10-9 and fit 47 THAT way, or he can, as others have suggested, make the screen on the 3DS scroll, because hey, why not?

Hell, does the random character feature even have to be an icon? Maybe you can put your player coin on your character box the way you toggle between playing, making your slot a CPU, or removing your slot entirely. That way there's actually 48-52 characters that can fit.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that if Sakurai designed the E3 / Best Buy CSS himself, who's to say he isn't trolling us with how he constructed it? I don't believe the CSS is proof by any means.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I skipped to the last page to remind people that the demo screen doesn't really hold any ground in how many characters there will be. Sakurai can flexibly do anything he wanted to make sure all his characters fit on the screen. For example, every other row can have one extra character on it so it goes 9-10-9-10-9 and fit 47 THAT way, or he can, as others have suggested, make the screen on the 3DS scroll, because hey, why not?

Hell, does the random character feature even have to be an icon? Maybe you can put your player coin on your character box the way you toggle between playing, making your slot a CPU, or removing your slot entirely. That way there's actually 48-52 characters that can fit.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that if Sakurai designed the E3 / Best Buy CSS himself, who's to say he isn't trolling us with how he constructed it? I don't believe the CSS is proof by any means.
The argument is the 3DS screen, which can't be scaled down in size anyway.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I think Zoroark is the one I'm leaning for in this argument. Even though I'm having trouble following. The demo was obviously an EXTREMELY old build of the 3DS version (Wii U as well, but we're talking 3DS). It makes sense to have character selection on the bottom screen. You can drag your marble over your character. I would not be surprised if they did that.

There's also the possibility of the top screen's roster scrolling Horizontally instead of Vertically as you guys keep saying. Considering the 3DS top screen is widescreen. It would be more polished it it did this.

The point is. There's far too many possibilities for people to be sure there are 48 characters. I personally am inclinded to believe there's 51. It's more pleasing on the Wii U screen.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
You have literally no proof aside from being "aesthetic pleasing" which really doesn't matter, who stops to look at the roster? No one, they select a fighter and play, also, we already had separate pages for the stages(new stages and past stages), why the same isn't "aesthetically pleasing" for characters?
The proof I have, however flimsy it is, comes from the following observations.

1) The character order between the two CSS displays is different(Greninja and Pikachu secifically).
2) 48 cells fits very cleanly on the screen, includes Random, and can be adapted to deal with DLC by way of using a separate page.
3) 48 cells also fits very well on the Wii U CSS as well.
4) Roster math. 33 known confirmed, 3 remaining from Gematsu, 11 MIA veterans(following likely cuts such as Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Lucas).
5) Mario Theory.
6) O12.

I think Zoroark is the one I'm leaning for in this argument. Even though I'm having trouble following. The demo was obviously an EXTREMELY old build of the 3DS version (Wii U as well, but we're talking 3DS). It makes sense to have character selection on the bottom screen. You can drag your marble over your character. I would not be surprised if they did that.

There's also the possibility of the top screen's roster scrolling Horizontally instead of Vertically as you guys keep saying. Considering the 3DS top screen is widescreen. It would be more polished it it did this.

The point is. There's far too many possibilities for people to be sure there are 48 characters. I personally am inclinded to believe there's 51. It's more pleasing on the Wii U screen.
If the bottom screen were taken up by characters, how would you see who has picked what? How would you see who the CPUs were, or see their AI settings/handicap settings?

While there's nothing we can say for certain, you're right, there is evidence beginning to show itself that allows for the formation of a hypothesis in regard to not just the roster size but also its layout. I'm not saying this is gospel, but I see a lot of things pointing to 47 + Random, at least, to me, far more than to support 51 + Random or more.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Guys, I hate to throw this around, but as a pro Graphic Designer, I'm just going to say one more thing and then I'm done. Things like this don't happen by accident. When someone who's a part of the design process creates something, every single part of the design is intentional, especially with experts like the Smash team. Coincidences that are this perfect (48 fitting perfectly and in an aesthetic way on both versions with no disproportional scaling or cramped images) do not just happen out of nowhere.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Using a separate page would only work for the 3ds version, since only one person has to use the screen. It is not an option for the WiiU version, imagine trying to pick your character and all of a sudden the second player changes the page. It's kinda like in melee how you choose your tag. I don't think sakurai has any commitment to making a "clean look" and I really doubt he will drop characters just because it doesn't make a rectangle LOL.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Guys, I hate to throw this around, but as a pro Graphic Designer, I'm just going to say one more thing and then I'm done. Things like this don't happen by accident. When someone who's a part of the design process creates something, every single part of the design is intentional, especially with experts like the Smash team. Coincidences that are this perfect (48 fitting perfectly and in an aesthetic way on both versions with no disproportional scaling or cramped images) do not just happen out of nowhere.
You cannot deny that the screens are in development though and subject to change? Certainly?! You think that CSS in the demo for the 3DS with unaligned character slots on a black background is anywhere close to final? You are a pro graphic designer you said? I mean come on man.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Using a separate page would only work for the 3ds version, since only one person has to use the screen. It is not an option for the WiiU version, imagine trying to pick your character and all of a sudden the second player changes the page. It's kinda like in melee how you choose your tag. I don't think sakurai has any commitment to making a "clean look" and I really doubt he will drop characters just because it doesn't make a rectangle LOL.
A fine point, but then what if DLC characters force the screen to scroll on Wii U? You wouldn't be able to select the characters in the leftmost/rightmost columns!

The page need not encompass the entire screen on Wii U, it could instead be a local menu that the player toggles akin to Name Select. Or it may involve the Game Pad.

You cannot deny that the screens are in development though and subject to change? Certainly?! You think that CSS in the demo for the 3DS with unaligned character slots on a black background is anywhere close to final? You are a pro graphic designer you said? I mean come on man.
If characters are unlockable, then there has to be a starting look, and invariably it will look uneven and imbalanced the more characters get unlocked(particularly around odd numbers!). So just because the starting screen may not maximize screen real estate, that's not a dealbreaker.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Every screen is in development, but the release in 3 months away. The chances of anything happening to change their plans at this point are minimal. That's like arguing that maybe Mario or Link still has a chance to get cut! Yeah, it could happen, because anything is possible, but is it really likely? No. No, it's not. And yes, I have bachelor's degree in graphic design. You might say I know a little about making things look nice. Their being unaligned is easy to explain as the unlockable characters not yet being present. Once they are, they fit perfectly on both the Wii U and 3DS screens. Like I said, no designer would somehow manage to do that on both screens and not notice it. The design is very clearly an intentional one. If they wanted room for more characters, they would make the icons thinner.
A fine point, but then what if DLC characters force the screen to scroll on Wii U? You wouldn't be able to select the characters in the leftmost/rightmost columns!

The page need not encompass the entire screen on Wii U, it could instead be a local menu that the player toggles. Or it may involve the Game Pad.
Sakurai isn't designing the current screen for DLC characters. Remember, he said he wants the game to be whole and complete all on its own. We can't predict how the screen may change if DLC characters are added because even though they're considering it, they haven't decided on it yet. Basing predictions on what might happen with them honestly doesn't make any sense in the first place.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The proof I have, however flimsy it is, comes from the following observations.

1) The character order between the two CSS displays is different(Greninja and Pikachu secifically).
2) 48 cells fits very cleanly on the screen, includes Random, and can be adapted to deal with DLC by way of using a separate page.
3) 48 cells also fits very well on the Wii U CSS as well.
4) Roster math. 33 known confirmed, 3 remaining from Gematsu, 11 MIA veterans(following likely cuts such as Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Lucas).
5) Mario Theory.
6) O12.
1- That doesn't explain the 48 roster, just that they weren't giving a f*** about how the DEMO roster looks
2-"Fits very cleanly" I'll have to say this again? The 3DS screen would always have the same size, no matter the roster size, the 3DS slots are big because they made it to be easier to see it on the DEMO
3- 50 ALSO fits very well, adding two cells isn't going to destroy the aesthetic of the roster
4- *sigh* We also have possible unknown cuts("Mewtwo would NEVER been cut from Brawl!"-everyone in the Brawl era), unknown newcomers(I know you probably don't believe on them, so I'm not going to bother trying to explain) AND Sal's tipster never said it was the FINAL roster, he has outdated information
5- Mario theory is really, really dumb, we had 6 Pokemon in Brawl
6- And? We know they are coming back, you don't have to tell me this

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Every screen is in development, but the release in 3 months away. The chances of anything happening to change their plans at this point are minimal. That's like arguing that maybe Mario or Link still has a chance to get cut! Yeah, it could happen, because anything is possible, but is it really likely? No. No, it's not. And yes, I have bachelor's degree in graphic design. You might say I know a little about making things look nice. Their being unaligned is easy to explain as the unlockable characters not yet being present. Once they are, they fit perfectly on both the Wii U and 3DS screens. Like I said, no designer would somehow manage to do that on both screens and not notice it.
You're whole point is completely irrelevant when we consider that the Demos at E3 are older than the Smash Direct itself. As proved by multiple things including Mega Man'a facial expressions.

If characters are unlockable, then there has to be a starting look, and invariably it will look uneven and imbalanced the more characters get unlocked(particularly around odd numbers!). So just because the starting screen may not maximize screen real estate, that's not a dealbreaker.
I don't see anyway your argument here counters mine, I only see you furthering my point that 51 is most certainly possible and most likely to happen.

Shin F.

Smash Master
You're whole point is completely irrelevant when we consider that the Demos at E3 are older than the Smash Direct itself. As proved by multiple things including Mega Man'a facial expressions.
If it was something they were planning to do away with, they would have already done it. As it is, the official CSS screen still matches the demo perfectly, so this argument is irrelevant.

D

Deleted member

I'm eating popcorn here, waiting for an argument that doesn't include how Sakurai designed the roster based on the 3ds screen, oh boy, here we go *grabs popcorn*

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
1- That doesn't explain the 48 roster, just that they weren't giving a f*** about how the DEMO roster looks
It's actionable evidence. Why not just c/p the roster if there wasn't any real consideration in its display, then? There's likely a reason for the misplacement, and it has to do with the differing layout.

2-"Fits very cleanly" I'll have to say this again? The 3DS screen would always have the same size, no matter the roster size, the 3DS slots are big because they made it to be easier to see it on the DEMO
3DSCSSTokens.png

This mockup is 1:1 to the 3DS's resolution. It also takes into account the placements as far as the 3DS demo goes. I cannot speak for the fonts, background, etc because I cannot know what aesthetics they do prioritize, but this isn't that hard to see, and would likely be stretched out slightly on the 3DS screen because it wouldn't be quite as sharp as a computer monitor. If 47 + Random is a reality, it will likely look like this.

3- 50 ALSO fits very well, adding two cells isn't going to destroy the aesthetic of the roster
You're right, but remember, Wii U and 3DS will have identical rosters.

4- *sigh* We also have possible unknown cuts("Mewtwo would NEVER been cut from Brawl!"-everyone in the Brawl era), unknown newcomers(I know you probably don't believe on them, so I'm not going to bother trying to explain) AND Sal's tipster never said it was the FINAL roster, he has outdated information
We've also been given no reason to believe anyone new outside of Gematsu is coming. The leak never said 'this is it'. It also never said 'there's more to come'.

5- Mario theory is really, really dumb, we had 6 Pokemon in Brawl
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer. PT does not count as three on the CSS, which is what the Mario Theory is evaluating.

6- And? We know they are coming back, you don't have to tell me this
Then that means we will not have any other Pokemon or Zelda rep in a 47 + Random roster. Unless Mario gets a sixth rep, which would only happen if more veterans were cut.

I don't see anyway your argument here counters mine, I only see you furthering my point that 51 is most certainly possible and most likely to happen.
It's a vague argument at best. You don't counter my theory either with it.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
The 48 character thing would be wrong, it should be 47 characters because of a random slot.

But that's the only counter argument I got against that. With that I take my leave.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
If it was something they were planning to do away with, they would have already done it. As it is, the official CSS screen still matches the demo perfectly, so this argument is irrelevant.
The menu design is not first priority in development. You are making zero sense. 3DS version is an old build no denying that. Easily changed menu later on in development. This is further supported because the 3DS version's menu has no options or references to the rest of the menus. No back button. No Options for the game. It. Is. Outdated.

I'm sure if we saw what they're using in development right now, we'd be having a different argument. There's be more to lean on. Right now. The 3DS CSS IN THE IN DEVELOPMENT DEMO. Keyword = IN DEVELOPMENT. Is no reason to believe 48.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
The menu design is not first priority in development. You are making zero sense. 3DS version is an old build no denying that. Easily changed menu later on in development. This is further supported because the 3DS version's menu has no options or references to the rest of the menus. No back button. No Options for the game. It. Is. Outdated.

I'm sure if we saw what they're using in development right now, we'd be having a different argument. There's be more to lean on. Right now. The 3DS CSS IN THE IN DEVELOPMENT DEMO. Keyword = IN DEVELOPMENT. Is no reason to believe 48.
This doesn't discredit 47 + Random in the least, though.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
This doesn't discredit 47 + Random in the least, though.
It takes away your "evidence" of it. Which was the 3DS screen. The rest is all crazy weird unproved theories like the mario theory. Zoroark's post explained all of it.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
It takes away your "evidence" of it. Which was the 3DS screen. The rest is all crazy weird unproved theories like the mario theory. Zoroark's post explained all of it.
What? How? It's conjecture on your part to say 'well 3DS screen is old therefore mockup invalid DWI'. Nothing definitively kills 47 + Random.

Shin F.

Smash Master

It is IN DEVELOPMENT with the intent that in three months, it will NO LONGER be IN DEVELOPMENT. Do you have any idea how little time that is for a video game team? This thing downright done. The demo being old doesn't matter because the official screenshot still matches it.

Oh, look at that! The CSS has options and a back button!

You know, I'm going to laugh when I find this thread a few years from now and re-read it. It'll be as amusing as all the old Brawl threads where people were claiming the leaked CSS might still be fake / have more room...

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
What? How? It's conjecture on your part to say 'well 3DS screen is old therefore mockup invalid DWI'. Nothing definitively kills 47 + Random.
But nothing definitively proves it either. You and the other dude keep basing all of your ideas and theories off of 47 + Random. If you call my proof that the 3DS CSS is not even close to final "conjecture". Then you need to re-evaluate your theory bud. You're entire argument is based on outdated information. Mario Theory. Sal's 2012 info. Old Build of 3DS CSS... It just piles up.

It is IN DEVELOPMENT with the intent that in three months, it will NO LONGER be IN DEVELOPMENT. Do you have any idea how little time that is for a video game team? This thing downright done. The demo being old doesn't matter because the official screenshot still matches it.

Oh, look at that! The CSS has options and a back button!

You know, I'm going to laugh when I find this thread a few years from now and re-read it. It'll be as amusing as all the old Brawl threads where people were claiming the leaked CSS might still be fake / have more room...
We're talking about the 3DS version dude. The Wii U screen supports 51. We have no press releas pic of the 3DS one. Why? BECAUSE IT'S NOT FINISHED. Why is this so hard for you to grasp. Heck, even the Wii U version's CSS may have been finished in May. But we know for a fact that the 3DS's CSS could have been a build from March or anywhere before that. You're killing your arguments here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I made this with my terrible paint skills, though it isn't exact, it gives the idea of how to fit 50 slots on the Wii U screen
Roster mockup2.png

Shrunk down the icons and BAM, done. Is it really hard to include 2 more slots?
Also, as you said that doesn't disprove your theory, but none of your points disprove mine, if I'm wrong, I'll make an apologize letter of how wrong I was, but, I don't believe I'll have to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom