• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

51 characters total, reasoning inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
And as for the 3ds roster

Whats wrong with a 5x5 roster on each page of the 3ds version.
Well, the demo roster is arranged in a 6x4 pattern, with three missing from the last row. Do you really think it might go from 6x4 to 5x5 when the 25th character is unlocked?

(I mean, there's a chance the demo screen is not final, but if that's the case we know nothing. Makes more sense to assume it means something, IMO.)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hello, there. Mind if I pop in?

3DS Version can scroll, since not only is the top screen nothing but characters, but also since scrolling seems comfortable for a portable Fighter with lots of characters. (If this game was like Street Fighter, I would say it could maybe fit more, but you know.)
So there you go.
75 Characters in a comfortable Wii U image.
I'll be taking my leave now, friends.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
+Seperate Mii into three fighter slots
+(so two slots extra occupied)
+Meowth (long time coming, staple of TV Show, Mario has more slots but Pokemon sells far more units)
+Lucas (they wouldn't dare -_-)

-K. Rool (no longer relevant in the current series of games)
-Ridley (because he's scary to little kids, not because of size)
-Waddle Dee (unlikely, too small fry, Kirby didn't sell enough to warrant another slot)
-Takamaru (???)
-Random button (new way to random expected)
-Chorus Men (possible, but... how...?)

This would not work for the total slots I predict.

Theories:
Extra fox character for new Fox franchise
KOS-MOS for Xenosaga representation, as well as fanservice appeal (low chance, Shulk is a more logical character choice and they wouldn't traditionally add two newcomers from a series in one game)
Either Toon Link removed, or Windwaker HD sales celebrated by adding Tetra (or more laughably, Tingle)
Because ZSSamus has Other M features, potential for characters from franchise added (Most likely MB / Melissa Bergman)
If character slots are based on sales, Paper Mario and Monster Hunter have earned a spot
and... what about Dragon Warrior? Mobile sales of Dragon Warrior exceeded Kid Icarus: Uprising
Professor Layton would also deserve some recognition, as well as possibly a Brain Age item or stage
You realize Brawl and melee were rated t right? I don't think they care what is scary to little kids in a game not meant for little kids, not to mention we know Ridley is in the game weather he's playable or not, so "scary" either way.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Hello, there. Mind if I pop in?

3DS Version can scroll, since not only is the top screen nothing but characters, but also since scrolling seems comfortable for a portable Fighter with lots of characters. (If this game was like Street Fighter, I would say it could maybe fit more, but you know.)
So there you go.
75 Characters in a comfortable Wii U image.
I'll be taking my leave now, friends.
Try that but with Zero Suit Samus and make her name readable.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Someone actually proved on gamefaqs that the 3DS fit 54 better than it did 48.
I would like to see this as well. If this is true, we may have some more serious discussion on our hands, 54 is just one more column on the Wii U version as well. This is interesting

Neo Zero

I would like to see this as well. If this is true, we may have some more serious discussion on our hands, 54 is just one more column on the Wii U version as well. This is interesting
I support this for numerous reasons.

C'mon Anvil, you can't just tease us like that, show us the proof before the downer brigade gets here.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I support this for numerous reasons.

C'mon Anvil, you can't just tease us like that, show us the proof before the downer brigade gets here.
Found it. Didn't link the post because the dude's kinda not a very good roster maker. But here's his mockup. Ignore his predictions. There... Umm.... You'll see what I mean

Edit: LOL whoops. Okay so I googled this and I saw "July 4th", so I assumed it was TODAY. Which is why it'd be relevant. Turns out this is from a year ago.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Found it. Didn't link the post because the dude's kinda not a very good roster maker. But here's his mockup. Ignore his predictions. There... Umm.... You'll see what I mean
That's all fine and dandy, but thats not even 54 slots on that.

EDIT: Lolol. That explains Goroh among other things.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
That's all fine and dandy, but thats not even 54 slots on that.
Yeah I completely screwed up on that. Whoops.

Edit: Okay this is post from Gamefaqs from right before E3. Maybe this is what he was talking about. Here's the pic.

Once again, ignore the predictions

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Yeah I completely screwed up on that. Whoops.

Edit: Okay this is post from Gamefaqs from right before E3. Maybe this is what he was talking about. Here's the pic.

Once again, ignore the predictions

This one has 55 on it. By 54, did Anvil mean slots of chars?

Also if this is before E3, wouldnt that make this wrong math anyway? We didnt know the CSS till E3

Last edited:

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
An interesting mockup, but it's got math to overcome. 47 + R is being backed up by more than just the CSS now. The only way 47 + R breaks is if there's a newcomer or important veteran return that Gematsu missed. So far, there's zero evidence of that happening. I don't even need to argue Mario Theory(though it will be proven right), CSS visuals, or the pixels. Gematsu adds up in a way that makes even more sense now, and it just took a bit more analysis of it. In fact, I can just argue it.

Gematsu will result in 47 characters as long as it is not proven wrong.

Neo Zero

Gematsu doesn't even prove that we'd get 47. At best, it means we get 36 on the roster. It has nothing to with any veteran, including Lucas (as the source himself says, they were thinking about it, not that they did it)

Mario theory? The other two things have math backing up more than 47 as well, so that's not really going to fly.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
You're not looking at Gematsu right. What is says is important, and what it doesn't say is also critical. Here's a more in-depth post I made in the OCT:

I argue that Gematsu is saying a lot more than it lets on. Sure, it may only specifically name a fair amount of newcomers on the surface, but deeper down, there's more to it. The reason I think this is because of the mention of the Ness and Lucas dilemma. Why mention that specifically, and not anything about PT's pokemon or Snake? I believe the leaker did have information on them and Rosalina, but Nintendo and/or circumstances surrounding the characters simply beat them to it. Think about it.

- PT's removal is unmentioned because it's pretty well implied and covered in the April 8th Smash Direct that he's gone along with his two 'mons.
- Snake's removal is unmentioned because it's fairly clear by Kojima's and Sakurai's words that Snake simply isn't in(and the state of Nintendo and Konami's relationship is... Poor).
- Lucas's removal wasn't hinted at or clear by any circumstance, so the leaker saw fit to disseminate information relating to his(very likely) cut from Smash.

Rosalina similarly goes unmentioned because there she was already confirmed. Why include her on a list of newcomers? You'll notice that none of the other predictions that were confirmed were on Part 2 either. Why not just expand the list rather than type out a brand new one? Because I believe this list is only mentioning things that are significant changes to the game that are not immediately clear due to other information. This is why the leak doesn't mention Mewtwo, Ridley, or any of the Big Three, because the status quo(they're not playable) is being maintained in those regards.

It covers the status quo, which is why it didn't cover any returning veterans because they're still returning, and the leak doesn't see fit to cover anything that's not changing.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

So you're basically assuming.

It could also just mean he didn't have any information on any of them. Don't look at words and circumstances that don't exist.

Just as I said, Gematsu means we have 36 characters guranteed to be in this game. Even with only 47 on the roster, you can't just magically assume the rest will all come back to fill those 11 holes perfectly.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
There's no evidence against the 11 either, and it works perfectly for 47 + R. No need to mention anything that hasn't changed.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
No hard evidence, but plenty of implication that seems to suggest 47 + R is very likely the final roster.

Neo Zero

Circumstantial evidence hardly holds up in court, and I hardly think it should hold up here.

Frankly without a new development, I don't even see the point of this thread anymore since it just seems to lead to arguing at this point. But eh, that's just me.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
You're right, speculation has reached the end of any use here until there's more solid evidence one way or the other. I still believe 47 + R is absolute, but that will only be provable when all of the pieces fall into place, and only disproven if any character outside of Gematsu is revealed as a newcomer.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Circumstantial evidence hardly holds up in court, and I hardly think it should hold up here.

Frankly without a new development, I don't even see the point of this thread anymore since it just seems to lead to arguing at this point. But eh, that's just me.
I feel your right, Its also just causing alot of unnecessary arguments.

I'll get a mod to close this one and make a simple roster size discussion where you can pop in, say your piece, and leave.

Would like the honours @Mario_and_Sonic_Guy ?

Neo Zero

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I feel your right, Its also just causing alot of unnecessary arguments.

I'll get a mod to close this one and make a simple roster size discussion where you can pop in, say your piece, and leave.

Would like the honours @Mario_and_Sonic_Guy ?
Honour with-held. ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

As per-request of its rightful creator, this thread is closed. Please discuss potential roster size in this thread, instead.

Thanks! ( ' ▽ ')/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom