• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

51 characters total, reasoning inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
The thing that he doesn't mention very often is that he's combining Gematsu with the Rosalina X leak, which doesn't really have any positive evidence for it. That's where he gets his figure of four cuts.
Hmmmm... So I guess I can expect you to stick around if the 47 character roster you propose is wrong too, eh? ;)

Technically I consider the Mii Fighters to be three characters that are highly similar in appearance and "flavor". But they are three complete, distinct move sets. No, distinct customizable specials do not make them equivalent of 9 characters. Special moves are just 4 moves out of a few dozen moves in a typical move set.

There are also smashes, tilts, jab combo, dash attack, aerials, throws, ledge attacks, Final Smash. For attacks. There are also taunts and dodges. And of course there are also basic movements like walking, dashing, jumping. ledge grabbing, etc. Each Mii Fighter (and Palutena) presumably has a unique set of those that does not change with customization. They share some aspects of their models. But I doubt they even share that much of their animations, as the gun and especially the sword prevent them from having exact copies of the brawler's animations.

They won't even be connected in the way that Zelda/Sheik, Samus/ZSS and Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard were - as far as we know, you cannot swap between the three types of Mii Fighter within a match. They're one character as far as "flavor" (they're all Mii Fighter), and likely as far as slots on the CSS... but mechanically they are very clearly distinct.

Anyway, I don't expect them to have three slots on the character select screen. And that's what we're speculating on here, of course.

He said as many specials as 9 characters. Which is true only if you mean totally distinct specials anyway, since all characters have customizable moves...
RosalinaX may be wrong, but the math behind it makes sense. Ivy/Squirtle are gone, I would like to think we can agree on that. Snake is also probably gone, given that Kojima stated well after Sakurai had finalized the roster that he had not been contacted for Snake's use yet. Gematsu, which so far as been proved utterly and totally correct, states that Lucas is likely to go. So yes, there are four cuts. Since Gematsu had a third release that did not mention any newcomers, despite the prior two having done so(and the second part coming out after RosaLuma's reveal so there was no point to leak her), suggests that the newcomers remaining to be confirmed on the leak are it. Can we agree on this? If so, then let's move on to the next part of my reasoning.

Those four cuts from Brawl's roster make the remaining 11 fit to the 3 unrevealed leak characters as well as the 33 currently known cast. This then places the roster at 47. Random is known to have a spot thanks to the Smashfest demo, so this puts the total cells at 48. Since there are no newcomers being leaked anymore by Gematsu, and Gematsu has really been the only leak worth following, we can probably assume(until proven otherwise) that there are no further newcomers to be revealed. Sakurai doesn't control the leaks, so he can't design around it. RosaLuma beat Gematsu to the punch, but the rest are nakedly revealed now. This line of thought only remains intact until someone shows up that would break it. That means if any of the Venerated Four(or anyone outside of the Gematsu Three) show up, then Gematsu is incomplete information. This has yet to happen, and there is no reason to think it will happen.

This also lines up with Sakurai's philosophy as far as roster numbers. He doesn't like overlarge rosters and believes that Smash is rapidly reaching its maximum capacity. To be honest, 47 characters in a fighting game is a huge roster, so I don't blame him one bit for thinking this. The happy coincidence that 48 cells works perfectly on both systems also suggests a degree of legitimacy to the thought.

There's only three X-factors in play here, and they all have to do with Gematsu. RosaLuma's lack of reveal, the ambiguity on whether Gematsu covers Brawl and Melee veterans(the Mewtwo factor), and the lack of any acknowledgement of any actual character being cut aside from Lucas. The RosaLuma 'miss' as people like to term it could be a legitimate lack of information or it could just have been Ninty beating Gematsu to the punch as far as revealing her, there's no way to tell easily. The leak not mentioning Rosalina in the second part may have been because, since she was already revealed, there was no need to show that the leak had her. As far as Melee characters and the cuts go, they may again lack information, there may not be cuts(which would be confusing to say the least), or the leaker may have determined that, at the time of the leak, the evidence was clear enough that there was no need to illustrate that those characters were being cut(Ivy/Squirt's removal all but outright stated in the Charizard reveal and transformations being removed, and Snake's removal apparent from Kojima's statement). Since nothing had surfaced to this point that suggested Lucas was getting the axe, the leaker determined it would be prudent to inform Sal of that development. Since the leaker also did not reveal Mewtwo's fate, it could be that the status quo is being maintained(his absence) or the leaker may not have had access to that information. Given their apparent knowledge of the Ness/Lucas debate, this stance is questionable. If that veterancy was known to have been threatened, how could a returning veteran from Melee go overlooked?

Because of the trickling nature of the leak and its ambiguity, it's difficult to pin down exactly what the final picture will be, however there is, I believe, very strong evidence for 47 + Random not just from the leak but from other circumstances, such as the layout of the screen, the number of likely cuts, and the lack of any information or even hinting on non-Gematsu newcomers. Thus my crusade for it. It's all lining up too well not to be acknowledged, and there just needs to be a 'R.O.B. moment' like with the 35-character roster where everyone realizes it. I'm not exactly sure what that will be unless Gematsu gets much more specific or other airtight evidence surfaces one way or the other.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
So yeah I'm saying 51 aswell

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Modifying and copying over some posts I made earlier. . .

I'm so internally divided over where I'm pegging the chances of the "Unholy Trinity." On one hand, there's the Gematsu characters and the demo CSS screens coincidentally fitting 48 slots...and yet, there's still such telltale signs pointing to each of those three characters, which yeah, can be argued as "reaching," but it strikes me as odd that it's happening with all three of them at once.

K. Rool has not only Kritters now, but a Large Kremling Boss who's almost assuredly a resurrected Rare enemy, Ridley has been teased like no NPC ever has been before and has been proven to have a strangely small size for a boss, and Mewtwo has Sakurai's quote and the teasing in Greninja's trailer where his webbing was removed.

It also just 'clicks' that those three antagonists, the top three most popular Nintendo requests, would be hidden away, in a 'saving the best for last' sort of scenario...that, and Mewtwo has the precedent of being unlockable, while it makes sense that there wouldn't be three DK or Metroid characters on the starting roster (Kirby is Sakurai's baby, therefore that made sense in Brawl).

But the last thing I want to do is get my hope up unreasonably.
And also. . .

The leaker seems to always get his information right before major events. Perhaps there are potential hidden characters who were never candidates to be revealed at any major event, and thus escaped his notice? That's a scenario I'd hope for, anyhow.

Last edited:

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
I believe it will be between 50 characters, more or less i don't know

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
It is safe to assume that in the case of Lucas reveal, all this could change?

I mean, assuming all that logic of 47 + random characters, if Lucas is revealed, it means that is a unexpected rep of Mother series appears and it's added to the CCS. And without assuming that Ness got the axe, and he will be added as well, that would leave the cast 48+ Random, breaking the assumptions. That would lead to the 51 characters theory?

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
It is safe to assume that in the case of Lucas reveal, all this could change?

I mean, assuming all that logic of 47 + random characters, if Lucas is revealed, it means that is a unexpected rep of Mother series appears and it's added to the CCS. And without assuming that Ness got the axe, and he will be added as well, that would leave the cast 48+ Random, breaking the assumptions. That would lead to the 51 characters theory?
Unlikely, but yes. It'd be the first time Gematsu's gotten a call specifically wrong.

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Unlikely, but yes. It'd be the first time Gematsu's gotten a call specifically wrong.
Not wrong necessarily, since Gematsu never confirmed that Lucas would be kicked out, but only that this was a risk of happening.

But yes, Lucas can be a safe point here, to confirm or change all the assumptions of the roster size. The reveal of the Mother series rep could put us in the right direction.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
We shut down this Ebonywolf guy a long time ago. Countered all his points. Given substantiql evidence that 51 is more logical both visually and developer wise, and he's still here arguing for 48. Just because your video was awful does not men you need to defend the points in it Mr. Ebony

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
We shut down this Ebonywolf guy a long time ago. Countered all his points. Given substantiql evidence that 51 is more logical both visually and developer wise, and he's still here arguing for 48. Just because your video was awful does not men you need to defend the points in it Mr. Ebony
El oh el. In what world did this happen? I'd love to hear some of the points from this presentation again.

Y'know what? I'm gonna go ahead and invite a bit further discussion rather than just leave a snappy one-liner. Can you go ahead and explain to me please the following discrepancies that you say, counter my points? I'll even post them line-by-line.

Please explain the following:

- The inconsistency between the Wii U roster order and the 3DS roster order.
- The utter lack of additional newcomers on the Gematsu Leak when there are only three(technically, two and a half now) months until release, despite the roster having been finalized several years ago.
- How DLC will work on a supposedly 'ever expanding' Wii U roster.

Also, I see that Ridley support avatar in your sig there, so I'll give you a bonus one. I'm feeling frisky enough to go a round with the Ridley thread some.

- Ridley's shadow was clearly shown in a segment dedicated to explaining bosses, immediately after a boss, with the text on the very screen saying 'Other Boss characters make appearances'.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
El oh el. In what world did this happen? I'd love to hear some of the points from this presentation again.
Page 17, 18, and 19. After Smashchu's post, that should've been enough to convince your stubborn head, assuming you somehow werent convinced by all the evidence given to you prior.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Page 17, 18, and 19. After Smashchu's post, that should've been enough to convince your stubborn head, assuming you somehow werent convinced by all the evidence given to you prior.
You mean this?
So I'm tired of people giving wrong information

6/4=1.5

In order for the proportions to stay the same, the ratio must stay the same.

8/6=1.33333
9/6=1.5

Based on the 3DS select screen in the demo, the boxes would have to change proportion to fit. This is a fact.
(See:http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69445404#5)

As others have stated, the Wii U fits 52 slots better when the box size match the 3DS ones (that is, more like a square) We know for a fact that Brawl's demo had long boxes which became more square when the game came out. When they are changed to a box format, 52 works.

A 47 roster only works if the 3DS changes proportions and the Wii U doesn't. Based on what I presented, 51 makes more sense,
How on earth does that counter my argument at all? What is your definition of a convincing argument, because there's nothing there. You assert that, somehow, the solution that would take less work is the less likely outcome of a given problem. So, 52 character slots, huh? Let's make another list.

How will it fit on the 3DS?
Will it be arranged in the same manner as the Wii U(ie: 4x13)?
If yes, then can you explain the altered roster order in the 3DS as opposed to the Wii U?
Will this be final on the Wii U, or will DLC characters demand more space(which would further shrink, based on your idea of a 'single CSS')? Will the Wii U need to scroll?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
You mean this?

How on earth does that counter my argument at all? What is your definition of a convincing argument, because there's nothing there. You assert that, somehow, the solution that would take less work is the less likely outcome of a given problem. So, 52 character slots, huh? Let's make another list.

How will it fit on the 3DS?
Will it be arranged in the same manner as the Wii U(ie: 4x13)?
If yes, then can you explain the altered roster order in the 3DS as opposed to the Wii U?
Will this be final on the Wii U, or will DLC characters demand more space(which would further shrink, based on your idea of a 'single CSS')? Will the Wii U need to scroll?
How many times will we effing need to tell you the same thing. 3DS can scroll and will. No room for everything needed. Already explained. Wii U fits 51 better. Already explained. Just leave man. You're really pissing me off man.

Last edited:

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
How many times will we effing need to tell you the same thing. 3DS can scroll and will. No room for everything needed. Already explained. Wii U fits 51 better. Already explained. Just leave man. You're really pissing me off man.
Not just yet homeboy. You forgot about DLC. Guess what. My solution works cleanly for both 3DS and Wii U. AGAIN. A second DLC-specific page solves a lot of headaches. Or will the Wii U icons just keep shrinking to infinity based on how may characters are available. Or, better yet, will the Wii U scroll? Inquisitive moms want to know!

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Warning Received
Not just yet homeboy. You forgot about DLC. Guess what. My solution works cleanly for both 3DS and Wii U. AGAIN. A second DLC-specific page solves a lot of headaches. Or will the Wii U icons just keep shrinking to infinity based on how may characters are available. Or, better yet, will the Wii U scroll? Inquisitive moms want to know!
You've gotta be trolling. Only trolls can be this oblivious and stupid and stubborn. In which case, you got me. You trolled me bud. Congrats. I'm at the point where I literally cannot comprehend or imagine how in anyone's mind, you are bringing good evidence to the table. I cannot grasp how one could deny everything that has been said to them over the past couple pages.

Give me a flaming warning if necessary. But this dudes an idiot.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Warning Received
You've gotta be trolling. Only trolls can be this oblivious and stupid and stubborn. In which case, you got me. You trolled me bud. Congrats. I'm at the point where I literally cannot comprehend or imagine how in anyone's mind, you are bringing good evidence to the table. I cannot grasp how one could deny everything that has been said to them over the past couple pages.

Give me a flaming warning if necessary. But this dudes an idiot.
Ooh, sounds like I legitimately shut you down. You can't even answer the DLC question? I feel like I'm Jack Bauer here.

WHERE DOES THE DLC GO! *hits with a wrench* WHERE'S THE DLC?!

lol

By the way, I hear this over and over. Read the first post on this page and you'll understand why I laugh.

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Well, Snake is out of the question. And not because I don't want him to return but based on a community manager's comment on Nintendo, Wii U and 3DS support.

It is really hard to say. I think upon release we'll have the 50 characters and when there is a demand, DLC characters afterwards.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Well, Snake is out of the question. And not because I don't want him to return but based on a community manager's comment on Nintendo, Wii U and 3DS support.

It is really hard to say. I think upon release we'll have the 50 characters and when there is a demand, DLC characters afterwards.
Can you link to this? I'd be rather interested in reading through it.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Can you link to this? I'd be rather interested in reading through it.
Sure: http://nintendoeverything.com/konam...down-on-nintendos-third-party-relations-more/

That's one. There's another article on Castlevania Lords of Shadow being considered on Wii U but scrapped. The newest PES is skipping Wii U (again). Konami has no games to publish for Wii U and in their conference a few months back they had zero listings beyond 2014. The only two games listed for Nintendo platforms were Love Plus+ and Yu-Gi-Oh.

I guess Konami will only put out VC games? If so, I'd hope for Castlevania DS games. I loved Portrait of Ruin.

It's a really big deal when a major Japanese company such as Konami is pulling support. Things have changed quite a bit between Konami and Nintendo since 2005.

Last edited:

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Sure: http://nintendoeverything.com/konam...down-on-nintendos-third-party-relations-more/

That's one. There's another article on Castlevania Lords of Shadow being considered on Wii U but scrapped. The newest PES is skipping Wii U (again). Konami has no games to publish for Wii U and in their conference a few months back they had zero listings beyond 2014. The only two games listed for Nintendo platforms were Love Plus+ and Yu-Gi-Oh.

I guess Konami will only put out VC games? If so, I'd hope for Castlevania DS games. I loved Portrait of Ruin.

It's a really big deal when a major Japanese company such as Konami is pulling support. Things have changed quite a bit between Konami and Nintendo since 2005.
Yeesh. Well, can't blame them, really. Wii Us aren't gonna really start moving until 2015 when actual games start to get released. Maybe they'll change their tune if the year goes well.

Well, that knocks Snake clean out, I agree.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Yeesh. Well, can't blame them, really. Wii Us aren't gonna really start moving until 2015 when actual games start to get released. Maybe they'll change their tune if the year goes well.

Well, that knocks Snake clean out, I agree.
Right and it is sad. People think Snake is safe because it's all on Sakurai, or that Kojima and him are best friends, or that he has an original moveset- no. That's not how things work.

People fail to realize that negotiations and licensing are huge factors in third-party relations. It's the same reason why Capcom cannot publish MvC any time they want. They have to go through Marvel and ultimately Disney for approval. Recently, they pulled MvC3 off digital store fronts. The license has expired. No one knows how that works for Brawl but Tatsunoko vs Capcom on Wii also got the plug pulled in 2012 officially.

Kojima Productions isn't even credited in Brawl as far as I know. Everything is under Konami Digital Entertainment as they hold the intellectual property rights. If Kojima left Konami today, he wouldn't be able to take MGS with him. Same thing for Inafune who left Capcom in 2010-2011. He couldn't take his creation, Megaman, with him. Konami's reluctance is not surprising but it is disappointing withe massive Wii install base, their games sold poorly. And Konami published fantastic games, too. Now, all we see is Konami playing extra safe and seldom releasing the games they used to in the past or even taking risks. And in a way, Konami has been somewhat pulling away from the gaming industry and they have been running sporting shops across Japan because it is assumed that it's another thing to fall back on financially.

Back to Smash Bros, Sakurai even has to go through The Pokemon Company to gain approval for any Pokemon represented and that's a 2nd party. This information is readily available to everyone but people refuse to be objective and face the facts. As much as Snake was a fresh character for the Smash Bros series and imo a welcome addition, his appearance in Smash 4 is slim to none at this point. It isn't 2005 anymore when Konami and Nintendo had a great relationship collaborating on projects such as the successful DDR Mario Mix that released here in the US the same month Brawl began its development cycle. The industry is totally different today.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Personally, am not gonna settle for any roster without at least a DKC and Zelda newcomer. Still have faith in Mewtwo and Isaac to. And I think that'll be the final roster, plus all other Gematsu leaked characters.
This. I think if Mario gets a newcomer, the next biggest series is bound to have one.

Plus the Little Mac assist trophy to character = Issac assist trophy to character (he's really the only most recognizable series not represented, and the 3DS version is just begging for a Golden Sun stage)

Exactly. I feel like they'd be selectable on their icon, like Zelda/ Sheik and Pokémon Trainer's Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard in Brawl.
Since you create them, I'm guessing it'll just say "Mii Fighter" and then it'll open a list on your character portrait, like how when you make a name, a little menu pops up for your field only)

There you have it folks. The roster was limited because the 3DS screen cannot fit more than 47 characters on it.
I'm sure if that's the case, the screen would be arranged to be scroll able.

Last edited:

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Right and it is sad. People think Snake is safe because it's all on Sakurai, or that Kojima and him are best friends, or that he has an original moveset- no. That's not how things work.

People fail to realize that negotiations and licensing are huge factors in third-party relations. It's the same reason why Capcom cannot publish MvC any time they want. They have to go through Marvel and ultimately Disney for approval. Recently, they pulled MvC3 off digital store fronts. The license has expired. No one knows how that works for Brawl but Tatsunoko vs Capcom on Wii also got the plug pulled in 2012 officially.

Kojima Productions isn't even credited in Brawl as far as I know. Everything is under Konami Digital Entertainment as they hold the intellectual property rights. If Kojima left Konami today, he wouldn't be able to take MGS with him. Same thing for Inafune who left Capcom in 2010-2011. He couldn't take his creation, Megaman, with him. Konami's reluctance is not surprising but it is disappointing withe massive Wii install base, their games sold poorly. And Konami published fantastic games, too. Now, all we see is Konami playing extra safe and seldom releasing the games they used to in the past or even taking risks. And in a way, Konami has been somewhat pulling away from the gaming industry and they have been running sporting shops across Japan because it is assumed that it's another thing to fall back on financially.

Back to Smash Bros, Sakurai even has to go through The Pokemon Company to gain approval for any Pokemon represented and that's a 2nd party. This information is readily available to everyone but people refuse to be objective and face the facts. As much as Snake was a fresh character for the Smash Bros series and imo a welcome addition, his appearance in Smash 4 is slim to none at this point. It isn't 2005 anymore when Konami and Nintendo had a great relationship collaborating on projects such as the successful DDR Mario Mix that released here in the US the same month Brawl began its development cycle. The industry is totally different today.
You might want to toss this in the Snake thread, realtalk. Prep them for the bad news. Wouldn't be surprised if TPC is exercising some tighter control over their properties too and that may actually be the nail in Mewtwo's coffin. Irony.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I heard a mention of RosalinaX's leak earlier and it always makes me cry. She was wrong on the Mario Kart front, and even then you can't follow that leak and then say we're only getting 47 characters when she said 48 characters specifically, at the very least that'd mean Miis aren't part of the CSS, cells be damned.

4 cuts makes sense yes, the rest doesn't.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
I heard a mention of RosalinaX's leak earlier and it always makes me cry. She was wrong on the Mario Kart front, and even then you can't follow that leak and then say we're only getting 47 characters when she said 48 characters specifically, at the very least that'd mean Miis aren't part of the CSS, cells be damned.

4 cuts makes sense yes, the rest doesn't.
After reviewing RosalinaX, yes, it has faults. However, it's also unnecessary to make 47 + R work. As you said, the math makes sense. Numbers don't lie.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
This is causing WAY too many arguments, keep it up and I'll just close it.

Just try and keep it clean.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well as for @ EbonyRubberWolf EbonyRubberWolf

Theres a little cliff hanger for his roster prediction

http://kotaku.com/pac-man-almost-got-into-super-smash-bros-brawl-1599610742

Sakurai thaught pac-man was impossible, like the villager back then, and little mac for assist trophy role.

Where im going with this.

Whats the purple dragon that sakurai considers far fetched, and from the april direct when likely way smaller than he really is.

So sakurai is changing his mind on a lot of stuff.

So we may have a dragon playable.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
You might want to toss this in the Snake thread, realtalk. Prep them for the bad news. Wouldn't be surprised if TPC is exercising some tighter control over their properties too and that may actually be the nail in Mewtwo's coffin. Irony.
Oh, trust me. Months ago I brought it up and the Snake fans were not listening and they just did not want to conceive the thought of Snake not being in the next Smash Bros, holding on to the "Sakurai and Kojima are best friends!" non-sense. They can be married and still, they'd have to go through Nintendo and Konami for approval and licensing.

Last edited:

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Well as for @ EbonyRubberWolf EbonyRubberWolf

Theres a little cliff hanger for his roster prediction

http://kotaku.com/pac-man-almost-got-into-super-smash-bros-brawl-1599610742

Sakurai thaught pac-man was impossible, like the villager back then, and little mac for assist trophy role.

Where im going with this.

Whats the purple dragon that sakurai considers far fetched, and from the april direct when likely way smaller than he really is.

So sakurai is changing his mind on a lot of stuff.

So we may have a dragon playable.
Oh I'm not sure I should respond to this. I've read your little 'cannonballs' and they are some of the most deluded, straw-grasping, word-twisting things I think I've ever had the 'pleasure' of reading(and I'm not gonna comment on the sweatshirt things that keep cropping up in that thread. >.>; ). I'll say this. The math is adding up. Gematsu didn't mention Ridley, when it had every chance to. Ridley was also prominently featured during a boss segment and pretty much specifically alluded to as a boss himself. Nothing Sakurai has said or done suggests that the status quo is changing in regard to Ridley. Now that there's a rumor going around that Kraid(or at least his mini version) may be a Boss Encounter in Smash Run, there's reason to believe the other outstanding Metroid enemy will take up Boss Hazard status on the Wii U.

D

Deleted member

I leave for 2 days and this thread becomes a madness twist os Snake status and Gematsu.
I'm going to say it again: I believe a 50 character roster is more likely because Sakurai has made me believe that this is the number, or at least, that King K. Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo are in the game, there is no reason to bring back the kremlings, you could always go with the most "relevant" one, there is no reason to "tease" a boss AKA the opposite thing that fans want and that has been asked personally in an interview in the same way as Villager and there is no reason to say "We're thinking about it" when he says that the roster was decided at the beggining of development

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh I'm not sure I should respond to this. I've read your little 'cannonballs' and they are some of the most deluded, straw-grasping, word-twisting things I think I've ever had the 'pleasure' of reading(and I'm not gonna comment on the sweatshirt things that keep cropping up in that thread. >.>; ). I'll say this. The math is adding up. Gematsu didn't mention Ridley, when it had every chance to. Ridley was also prominently featured during a boss segment and pretty much specifically alluded to as a boss himself. Nothing Sakurai has said or done suggests that the status quo is changing in regard to Ridley. Now that there's a rumor going around that Kraid(or at least his mini version) may be a Boss Encounter in Smash Run, there's reason to believe the other outstanding Metroid enemy will take up Boss Hazard status on the Wii U.
Well you have your opinion im ok with that.

(Besides i know the cannonballs are sometimes not enough for some people.)

Anyways you have your facts i have mine.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Wait, are people still really under the impression that the select screen can only hold 48 characters?

Wow.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Not me im still,positive its more likely for 51/50 slots
Even ignoring the fact that they'll make the Select Screen appropriate to however many characters are going to be included, the Brawl roster's Demo proportions changed for the final release. Using those same proportions on the Wii U demo screen leaves us with 13x4 fitting perfectly.

D

Deleted member

Even ignoring the fact that they'll make the Select Screen appropriate to however many characters are going to be included, the Brawl roster's Demo proportions changed for the final release. Using those same proportions on the Wii U demo screen leaves us with 13x4 fitting perfectly.
According to some people, it's going to be 47+random because it looks aesthetially pleasing on the 3DS. An aesthetically pleasing CSS for me is one with many characters

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Not getting my hopes up but,

I will be ready to laugh it up at the skepticals when/if ridley gets confirmed playable, because he would ruin the 47 character rosters entirely due to him not in any of those.

And as for the 3ds roster

Whats wrong with a 5x5 roster on each page of the 3ds version.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I will be ready to laugh it up at the skepticals when/if ridley gets confirmed playable, because he would ruin the 47 character rosters entirely due to him not in any of those.
Any character that isn't in the Gematsu leak would ruin them, then, they would argue that Mii Fighters don't take a slot on the roster EVEN WHEN IT'S WHAT THEY'VE BEEN TRYING TO COUNTER

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

And as for the 3ds roster

Whats wrong with a 5x5 roster on each page of the 3ds version.
Someone actually proved on gamefaqs that the 3DS fit 54 better than it did 48.

Espio264

Smash Ace
The answer that makes everybody's math totally wrong is - "because Sakurai".

Every thread I go in, there is this same fight over roster size and CSS perfect alignment. And it's often among the same few people.

It's fun to speculate roster size for the sake of getting excited for your favorite characters. It's stupid when you're doing it for the sake of "I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG!"

In the end, when we know the final roster and your prediction is exactly right, your prize will be a nice heaping pile of Jack ****. You'll come back here, wanting to gloat, but those of us who care about the wonderful phenomenon that is Smash Bros. will be off playing the game and will have long since forgotten you.

Speculate size to feed your imagination and tide your optimism, not to knock people when they're down and assert how lonely you are "at the top".

51 characters sounds wonderful.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
The answer that makes everybody's math totally wrong is - "because Sakurai".

Every thread I go in, there is this same fight over roster size and CSS perfect alignment. And it's often among the same few people.

It's fun to speculate roster size for the sake of getting excited for your favorite characters. It's stupid when you're doing it for the sake of "I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG!"

In the end, when we know the final roster and your prediction is exactly right, your prize will be a nice heaping pile of Jack ****. You'll come back here, wanting to gloat, but those of us who care about the wonderful phenomenon that is Smash Bros. will be off playing the game and will have long since forgotten you.

Speculate size to feed your imagination and tide your optimism, not to knock people when they're down and assert how lonely you are "at the top".

51 characters sounds wonderful.
Sakurai is a math value that cannot be multiplied by, divided by, subtracted by or even added by without screwing up the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom