• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Demo thread General

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
This demo can't come soon enough to Europe. Why does Japan get this three days before release while we have to watch?
Keep in mind that there is a different release date for NTSC/PAL regions, and the eShop updates on Thursdays.

I presume we'll get the demo somewhere between now and then.

Niala

Smash Ace
You can't believe how I am literally crying right now.

Finally, my long-time main since SSB64 makes his comeback as a potentially viable character. I am so happy!

This demo can't come soon enough to Europe. Why does Japan get this three days before release while we have to watch?
Probably for the same reason they get the game 3 weeks before us and we get to watch.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Guys, cobermani has said on his stream that the US is getting a Smash demo on Sep. 19!! Apparently GameXplain told him, so take it with a grain of salt!!

SSEddie13

Smash Cadet
NNID
sseddie13
3DS FC
5429-9107-2527
So I got the demo...and first off the default controls are horrible. Y and X are jump and B is special and A is attack. Now I know it corresponds with the buttons on the gamecube, but they are in a different order on the 3ds and it is really confusing. And you cant change the controls in the demo...so yeah. Als it is set to 2min items on. but other then that its cool...lol.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I'm curious to know, if you download the japanese demo, is the request processed from the Japanese servers? If so, how would it even be possible to download it outside of japan?

JD3

Smash Cadet
NNID
JD_Three
This is perfect. I wanted to see what the game looked like on the original 3DS before upgrading. Hopefully we get the demo

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
So I got the demo...and first off the default controls are horrible. Y and X are jump and B is special and A is attack. Now I know it corresponds with the buttons on the gamecube, but they are in a different order on the 3ds and it is really confusing. And you cant change the controls in the demo...so yeah. Als it is set to 2min items on. but other then that its cool...lol.
Is the grab button R, and vice versa for the shield?

This is perfect. I wanted to see what the game looked like on the original 3DS before upgrading. Hopefully we get the demo
Guys, cobermani has said on his stream that the US is getting a Smash demo on Sep. 19!! Apparently GameXplain told him, so take it with a grain of salt!!

Last edited by a moderator:

AgentHX

Smash Cadet
NNID
HotShotHunter
In case anyone's wondering, the demo has 30 uses, the only stages are Battlefield and the FD version of Battlefield, and local multiplayer is indeed CONFIRMED.

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
one 4 chars to choose from and one stage? Boring demo... wake me when something good actually happens.
For anyone who cares about gameplay details: https://twitter.com/coastward/status/509524532500373504

"villagers fair and bair are his best moves in the air imo dair is a bit slow and has the most landing lag. TREE COMBOS ARE A THING TOO"

"MARIO HAS THE BEST COMBO GAME EVER UAIR CHAINS FOR DAYS, YOU CAN GET A CLEAN 40% INSTANTLY AND THEN GET ANY FOLLOW UP."

"link has EXTREMELY GOOD combos. bair > forward smash is a thing. to be honest BAIR INTO ANYTHING IS A THING."

"YOU CAN DASH TOWARDS THE LEDGE, PRESS BACK, AND FALL TO TURNAROUND LEDGEGRAB. IT LOOKS LIKE A WAVEDASH BUT IT ISNT."
There you go! :)

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
I'm curious to know, if you download the japanese demo, is the request processed from the Japanese servers? If so, how would it even be possible to download it outside of japan?
Japanese 3DS uses the Japanese servers of the Eshop

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sigh. It makes me sad that NA doesn't get anything good early. I may not be big about the character choices, but I'd be happy to just play the thing already.

EDIT: Please be a free demo btw.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Been reading that you might be able to access the Japanese eShop if you change your proxy settings, no idea if that's true or not? What's a proxy anyway?

Either way this is pretty hype, with a lot more to come. :laugh:
Wait, it's possible? I thought the proxy feature was for the Internet Browser, but I could be wrong.. but yeah I agree this is hype.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Also The game seems like it looks perfectly fine on a regular 3ds when the characters are in close range at least.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The Japanese Demo is a monument to all our sins.

They punish us for leaking their precious game.

And now I am sad.

HyperGumba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Taro_Kuroyoko
3DS FC
4227-1462-6701
I am pretty sure proxy settings won't access Japanese Eshop... can anyone confirm this?
Underrated post. Please, can anoyne knowlegeable about this confirm this? I won't be able to rest easily knowing that I could play this game rigtht now with a PAL 3DS.

It's almost 5am here ;___;

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
"EVERYONE IN THIS DEMO IS GOOD NO BAD CHARACTERS BALANCE TEAM CONFIRMED GOOD"

"shields do indeed break fairly easily agressive playstyles may be the meta for this game."
If these turn out to be true I'm so happy I could cry.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I am so happy right now... This past hour has been surreal for me for two reasons:

1. Smash Demo
2. I got into a course required for my minor that I had been rejected from and now I can finally pursue my minor.

I'm literally crying right now. To be honest, one of them alone wouldn't have done it, but I'm feeling so overwhelmed right now... Ah, to release all this pent-up hype by playing some Smash!!!

AgentHX

Smash Cadet
NNID
HotShotHunter
So Final Destination mode turns off items it looks like. So much cool stuff to discover! US had better get this soon.

Top Bottom