• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Demo thread General

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Whew! I had to rush and set up a NNID account on my Japanese 3DS without any knowledge of Japanese and I finally got in! I'm so so so so so so hyped and now it's downloading!

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
Don't get your hopes up, it appears that only Mario, Link Pikachu, Villager, and Mega Man are the only playable characters in the demo.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Multiple victory poses confirmed!
In the twitch stream linked here earlier, Villager had a victory screen with a shovel and fossil, rather than the beetle!

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Don't get your hopes up, it appears that only Mario, Link Pikachu, Villager, and Mega Man are the only playable characters in the demo.
Mario- Project M Backup Main
Link- Melee Original Main
Pikachu- Melee Original Main/Brawl Backup Main
Villager- Someone I'm interested in.
Mega Man- Someone I'm newly interested in.

I'm fine with this.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
You can see Destiny anywhere, Smash!
But it's the Grumps. Streaming. For the first time ever. Kind of a big deal. So far on Cobi's stream he can only choose like 5 characters and only 4 costumes. i'll come back to it later. Back to Grumps.:awesome:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Which stream has the highest skill players, ideally playing multiplayer and not playing against AI? It's totally bogus that this demo is only in Japan; why does Nintendo hate its US fans so much? For the game release I kinda understand manufacturing and shipping. What's the excuse for a demo?

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Which stream has the highest skill players, ideally playing multiplayer and not playing against AI? It's totally bogus that this demo is only in Japan; why does Nintendo hate its US fans so much? For the game release I kinda understand manufacturing and shipping. What's the excuse for a demo?
http://www.twitch.tv/zero

Zero is streaming! And maybe we will get our demo when it's closer to our release date.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Been reading that you might be able to access the Japanese eShop if you change your proxy settings, no idea if that's true or not? What's a proxy anyway?

Either way this is pretty hype, with a lot more to come. :laugh:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Beats me. All the other franchises love America. We actually got a Link Between Workds before Japan....

JuanHUM

Smash Cadet
NNID
JuanHUM
Is there a way for us to contact nintendo and begg for the USA demo? T__T its so unfair Dx First we get the game later than the japan player now they got a demo Dx ;-;

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Who knows, we could just be getting momentary delays in the americas and the demo could be ready by tomorrow or something.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Been reading that you might be able to access the Japanese eShop if you change your proxy settings, no idea if that's true or not? What's a proxy anyway?

Either way this is pretty hype, with a lot more to come. :laugh:
Basically allows you to access in this case your regions e shop. ;)

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
Watching 4 different streams right now. >.< I'd rather just be playing the demo myself.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I was hoping for more variety with the demo, but I can't complain since it's a demo.

I just wished Bowser was available.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Oh dear oh dear oh dear...

MORE FOOTAGE! :D

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Yeah, Zero is still on his load screen so it will take a long time for him to really get going, but he's definitely going to be interesting when he gets going.

If there's any way to reconfigure my 3DS to open the Japanese 3-shop, I can't find it; I'm pretty sure the region lock is thorough. If there's a trick though, I'll definitely give it a whirl.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
For anyone who cares about gameplay details: https://twitter.com/coastward/status/509524532500373504

"villagers fair and bair are his best moves in the air imo dair is a bit slow and has the most landing lag. TREE COMBOS ARE A THING TOO"

"MARIO HAS THE BEST COMBO GAME EVER UAIR CHAINS FOR DAYS, YOU CAN GET A CLEAN 40% INSTANTLY AND THEN GET ANY FOLLOW UP."

"link has EXTREMELY GOOD combos. bair > forward smash is a thing. to be honest BAIR INTO ANYTHING IS A THING."

"YOU CAN DASH TOWARDS THE LEDGE, PRESS BACK, AND FALL TO TURNAROUND LEDGEGRAB. IT LOOKS LIKE A WAVEDASH BUT IT ISNT."

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Yeah, Zero is still on his load screen so it will take a long time for him to really get going, but he's definitely going to be interesting when he gets going.

If there's any way to reconfigure my 3DS to open the Japanese 3-shop, I can't find it; I'm pretty sure the region lock is thorough. If there's a trick though, I'll definitely give it a whirl.
*sigh* I wish I knew a way. ;~; This is so torturous....

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I'm watching Derpanite's stream. It appears that Link's UpB on the ground is a little nerfed. Is doesn't always hit with that killer angle anymore

HyperGumba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Taro_Kuroyoko
3DS FC
4227-1462-6701
"MARIO HAS THE BEST COMBO GAME EVER UAIR CHAINS FOR DAYS, YOU CAN GET A CLEAN 40% INSTANTLY AND THEN GET ANY FOLLOW UP."
You can't believe how I am literally crying right now.

Finally, my long-time main since SSB64 makes his comeback as a potentially viable character. I am so happy!

This demo can't come soon enough to Europe. Why does Japan get this three days before release while we have to watch?

Lozjam

Smash Champion
You can't believe how I am literally crying right now.

Finally, my long-time main since SSB64 makes his comeback as a potentially viable character. I am so happy!

This demo can't come soon enough to Europe. Why does Japan get this three days before release while we have to watch?
I feel the same way with Link :)

Top Bottom