• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

100 lucas tricks (25% complete!)

Chuee

Smash Hero
Ive seen lucas' DACUS, it doesnt go anywhere. If this is possible we could catch or opponents offguard and get a free usmash.

Levitas

the moon
DACUS doesn't require that.

DACUS can't be tested in frame time for some reason, so I tried to replicate it with timers and stuff and got... nothing.

Galeon, I honestly have no clue.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Observation then analysis. I want to see it being done before I believe it can be done. And I guess I'll **** around for a couple minutes later on tonight to see if it's possible.

Galeon

Smash Ace
I convinced Seibrik to put up a vid. He doesn't have his recording equipment atm so the earliest it'd be recorded would be tomorrow.

For those who don't care to wait, just go to training mode and turn on timers. Keep going till you get the backfire one that slows you down (the good ones won't override it so you can just spawn as many as possible and keep taking them till you hear the slow sound and see the effects). Then start running and do down c-stick then up c-stick really fast. You probably think you're doing it pretty fast, I guarantee you can do it faster. After a long while in training mode, I got it to happen once. Seibrik's alot better than me at doing it so the video might be helpful whenever it finally gets up.

Only advice I really have is to practice it. When you finally get it to work, gives you a nice warm feeling inside. My fingers hurt so I don't feel like practicing more tonight. G'luck

Levitas

the moon
Even if it can be done with timers, that doesn't mean it can be done in normal time. Especially given that the time mechanics disallow DACUS in frame time (probably...)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
have to see it done without timers. Timers mess things up in general.

Galeon

Smash Ace
Yea I honestly have no idea if it's even possible without them (which was the purpose of me bringing it up actually)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I tried to do the thing Galeon was talking about today. Lucas's DACUS sends him a shorter distance than regular hyphen smashing does every time I do it. I did all my testing on half speed and regular speed not messing with the watches. I can't think of any kind of mechanic which would allow Lucas to have two different kinds of DACUS. Because of this, I personally am deciding that it is most likely a glitch caused by the stopwatch and not something that is possible without items on. This is based on the assumption that were a mechanic like this possible without the stopwatch, other characters who use DACUS would have similar possible mechanics which would likely have already been discovered. I do not discourage further testing. I'm just too lazy to pursue it any more than I have.

c3gill

Smash Ace
There are ITEMS in BRAWL?!?!?!?!
Dont get confused, there are NO items in Brawl. Its just an optical illusion- some people play crazy mindgames with these illusions, causing you to spontaneously kill yourself in a very rapid motion- just accept it.

make sure items are turned off, and never give Snake, Peach, Link, Tink, or anyone else with a move to pull out an item enough time to get out that item. If you do give them time and they get out an item- call them a cheater, scream johns out, and ask for your money back.

After all, most tournaments have a rule similar to "no items"- if they pull an item out arent they cheating? :laugh:

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I wish Diddy's nanerz were banned. :(

Is non-autocancelled nair > jab gaurenteed? It's been working a lot for me.

Alustiel

Smash Cadet
Just kind of found this out messing around if its here already i apologize =_= buttttt what you do is ....both players are under a platform lucas does a FH dair and if all the hits connect it will bring you both up to the platform(tested using battlefield)and at low %s you can go directly into a grab and at those dtilt lock %s you can dtilt a few times depending on the length of the platform...sooooo peregrine from bottom of stage into a grab(low%) or downtilt lock(high%) =D

c3gill

Smash Ace
...sooooo peregrine from bottom of stage into a grab(low%) or downtilt lock(high%) =D
.....explain please: what is a peregrine? and dont say a falcon.....

edit- everyone needs to go watch that video. i learned a lot about peregrining and its multitude of uses. :laugh:

Levitas, you should have a link to that vid as the first trick.

Alustiel

Smash Cadet
regardless! lols its just a dair moving simply a FH dair yea just use that if all hits connect around 20% they get sent onto the platform and yea...

Levitas

the moon
It won't actually set up for a dtilt lock any sooner. To clarify, a dtilt lock only happens if they're hit hard enough into the ground to be on their back, and you dtilt soon enough to force a get-up animation. You can then follow them around with dtilts until they get to the edge of the screen.

As opposed to just dtilting them, which may result in them tripping, but not locking them in it thus setting up for a KO move (also not really safe)

Alustiel

Smash Cadet
Its a little platform move though ....you can set up for a d tilt lock but only a few depending on the platform BUT they still have to be around the normal % to be locked (80-90%) if its in between the %s to be d tilt locked and 20% it will just have a nice amount of dmg done and the lag will be gone from lucas therefore leading to a grab...kind of situational but did it once or twice on my cuzzo(he got mad =P)nice little thing if you want to add it to the list i guess=D

*picture this* battle field both players under a platform with around 30% or so.....lucas does a FHdair bringing him and the enemy along up to the platform and (i think its called autocancel) the dair cancels the lag from landing perfectly on the platform...and theres just enough hit stun left on the enemy to catch a grab in there....So if the enemy has 20%-85% do the dair up tp platform and grab and w/e from there,up to you....if its above 85%(dtilt lock minimum) just go for 1-3 dtilts followed by your smash atk of choice =D

Hope this explained it =_=

Levitas

the moon
Lol, a lot of new guys all of a sudden. Welcome to smashboards ^_^

I'm gonna think for a bit about what exactly I want to include for now, but there might be a few new points within the day. This thread's been at a standstill for too long.

Alustiel

Smash Cadet
WOOT WOOT new guys =] thank for the welcome levitas just trying to get into that lucas community ya know =] but i didnt think of doing that aaa combo....=D just try it is all i can say

Kazz@

Smash Apprentice
34 Utilt semi-lock

Hitting a charachter (Preferrably heavy) with a utilt will set them up for anothe utilt.
Works 30% for middleweights, more for heavy, less for lighter.
After that, follow up with a nair, sh'd uairs, or whatever seems appropriate.

Alustiel

Smash Cadet
34 Utilt semi-lock

Hitting a charachter (Preferrably heavy) with a utilt will set them up for anothe utilt.
Works 30% for middleweights, more for heavy, less for lighter.
After that, follow up with a nair, sh'd uairs, or whatever seems appropriate.
cant the character double jump out of that?

Top Bottom