• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

100 lucas tricks (25% complete!)

dokvald

Smash Rookie
Thats some great techs. I just noticed something that should be added to number 15.

-Edge release to zap jump/wave zap/zap jumped psi magnet (or what ever you call it) for fast stage recovery from the edge. However failure to do it right will send to to the blast line on FD with a chance of recovering back to the edge(so be careful as this could kill you). When done right it should look like this

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------O|-|-----
---------------------------------------------------------O|------------|----
------------------------------------------------O|----------------------|---
-------------------------------------------O|----------------------------|--
_____________________________|_________________E__ |
\_________________________________________________/|> .
_____
| = lucas \___/ = FD E = Enemy
> = edge release ------ = air above FD
. = pk fire/zap jump O = psi magnet

Hope this helps.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
^^
that's a good way to use wave zap, i saw Galeon using it in one of his matches, i can do that to, but i'm too scared to use it in a tournament fight, if i miss, i would be an easy targe for a gimp

dokvald

Smash Rookie
Yea zap jumping is tricky. I'm not that good with it yet either. But its very fun to do :laugh:.
Lucas in brawl+ is awesome lol. pk freeze combos like nothing.

Irsic

Smash Ace
When I get into the tournament scene, it all of a sudden becomes that much more difficult to zap jumps.

HAGGS

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Irsic, I can do it fine in friendlies and when trying stuff out, but in tourneys I mess it up alot. Guess I need more practice :p

Levitas

the moon
No, you need more tournament experience if that's the way it's happening. Pressure should either be used to your advantage, or not happen if you're doing it right.

That way, the techniques you implement get easier or stay the same in difficulty.

I'd suggest the "practice how you're gonna play" mentality, which I've been taught as a musician. If you're gonna wear a cape at the tournament, do so in friendlies (actually, don't). If you're gonna feel pressure at a tournament, feel pressure in friendlies and get used to it so you can play well at the tournament.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
No, you need more tournament experience if that's the way it's happening. Pressure should either be used to your advantage, or not happen if you're doing it right.

That way, the techniques you implement get easier or stay the same in difficulty.

I'd suggest the "practice how you're gonna play" mentality, which I've been taught as a musician. If you're gonna wear a cape at the tournament, do so in friendlies (actually, don't). If you're gonna feel pressure at a tournament, feel pressure in friendlies and get used to it so you can play well at the tournament.
Too true. A lot of the stuff that music teaches can be applied in things you couldn't imagine. Saxophone <3 lol :)

lil cj

Smash Lord
Had to revive this one too
Were only 25% done:(
Since we have this new movement going on and excepted that Lucas sucks,
lets think of some more tricks and strategies
Lucas mains:)

For some of the new people here who dont know, this thread died a few months ago
in our attempts to find 100 Lucas tricks just like the Pika mains did
for Pikachu.We didnt get very far sadly, its hard to think of tricks for Lucas.
But how bout try this again Lucas mains:)

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this has been said, nor do I know if this is a trick, but when I do jab combos, you can do
jab, jab, down tilt, wait for a trip, and then forward tilt, or f-smash, probably works too. or jab jab, grab, release, downtilt, hope for trip, f smash and or f tilt. You can use nair to start these combos too.
Some cool jab combos that I try to do when it's appropriate. Also You can use psi-magnet for a bit of an edge guarding trick. Like lets say a character is recovering from the bottom of the level, and the level can be brinstar for example, the character, ex. mario, uses his up-b and goes above the stage. You then pull out your magnet and hit him with it while he is in free fall. I killed a mario with that in a competition haha. Idk if that's been said though. Hope this somewhat gets things started, haha

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
tl;dr version for the above post: Jab Cancelling.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i made a thread about jab cancel long time ago, i somewhere in the Lucas boards, i post a list that tells you want type of jab cancel you have to do, depending of your opponent's reaction when they get hit or shield a jab combo
don't ask where is that list, i'll search it later

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I've seen a Lucas deal like 50% damage with just one single Dsmash (all hits).
He was standing on one of the platforms on Battlefield, and Dsmash'd the opponent just as he jumped up through the platform.

The "Disaster Smash". Maybe you've already added it?

lil cj

Smash Lord
I've seen a Lucas deal like 50% damage with just one single Dsmash (all hits).
He was standing on one of the platforms on Battlefield, and Dsmash'd the opponent just as he jumped up through the platform.

The "Disaster Smash". Maybe you've already added it?
Also works on moving platforms
like the one on Smashville

heytallman

CTALL
Hm...I don't know if this would be considered "trick" worthy, but on most characters if you can grab them around 140%, and pummel them about 4-5 times, then dthrow, it's almost always a guaranteed kill. Heavier chars probably require more percent, but on low-mid chars it works great.

Also, Lucas' pummel is too ****. We should put something like that in the list, unless we have already and I missed it.

BAMF

Smash Cadet
Something I've kind of used that works almost 80% of the time to get off an UpSmash is a right after a jab combo that lands all 3 hits is to dash toward them and UpSmash most of the time it hits because for some reason after people get jab combed away they jump towards you especially at low percents, and if it happens to knock them to the ground they always seem to roll towards you. So in both cases they are ending up just behind you and in a great spot to get hit with the upsmash. and if you dash and notice it wont work out you dont do it obviously but than theres always other options.

Top Bottom