• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

100 lucas tricks (25% complete!)

Levitas

the moon
I'm about to attempt to fix an inconvenience in my laptop, and I'll update this stuff once that gets figured out.

This is due for another update :)

lil cj

Smash Lord
I think I got another one

SH airdodge counter attack:
Lucas may not have a counter like Marth,Ike, and Lucario but he has his own means of countering...SH airdodging approach(dodging the opponents attacks if they attack) and immediately using an attack afterwards.You can use any tilt and jab(best option).
They go together perfectly...like a counter attack!!!!
Right after you airdodge its like it goes right into the tilt/jab if you use it as soon as you land

The thing about using jab is when you land from the airdodge and you land a little bit behind your opponent, jab's hitbox will still connect with your opponent and they will get stuck in the jab and end up in front of you.

Long story short this a great defensive tactic...dodging attacks and counterting with a tilt or jab. Lucas' airdodge is great and underestimated it should be used more often.

soccerdude7200

Smash Journeyman
It's usually just a change up or surprise tactic.

Sometimes people will use the floorblast followed by get up attack as a surprise.
ya
but i would prefer not to do that because many times it will be shield-grabbed and you get punished. Or if you try to roll, your roll can be predicted and again youget punished.
But it would work sometimes if they're not expecting it.

S.D

Smash Master
I agree with you.

Personally I practically never floorblast unless it's by some freak accident or I have a moment of clarity where I suddenly decide it's the perfect thing to do. (This is extremely rare and usually comes from a PKT mistake anyways).

Imo it's not really worth putting too much emphasis on this technique.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Sometimes it's a better option when you've got PKT out and don't know what to do with it, because hitting yourself into your opponent will get you punished and you've made a mistake. That's when I do it.

soccerdude7200

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes it's a better option when you've got PKT out and don't know what to do with it, because hitting yourself into your opponent will get you punished and you've made a mistake. That's when I do it.
ya
i agree
i usually do it by accident or if i have pk thunder out and im screwed if i do anything besides floorblast.

lil cj

Smash Lord
I think I got another one...

Jab to Jab combo(like Ike):
Well you know how Ike has that jab to jab combo
where he does the first jab ducks down and does another jab constantly...
Lucas can do the same thing and his is much better and faster than Ike's

After the hitstun of Lucas' first jab you can easily add more jabs(probably 3 or 4) due to its speed and priority
Unless they DI away you can do some extra damage before you do the standard jab combo
at least an extra 15-20%

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
i remember someone else posted that too awhile ago.

EDIT: i'll put the game in debug mode to get the frame data.
first i'll get the frame data on fast falling, then i'll get the frames of u-air

Levitas

the moon
for reference, here's the data for a FHFF duration vs a FH duration.

Earliest FF is on 32, so the uair would have to happen after that frame (from jump input again)

FHFF: land on 49 from frame after input
FH: land on 61

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
frame data doesnt lie
my bad :/

it doesnt fast fall, it's the same as short hop (auto-cancel's ). sorry

a. Uair Combo
SHFF Uair can be used to combo because of its low knockback. Note that the fast fall occurs AFTER the attack has finished and is relatively low to the ground.
Tyr's guide. thats where i got the idea from

c3gill

Smash Ace
Toxi, he might have said that because its a SH Uair and Lucas' Uair seems to have a downward push on his body- like a pseudo fastfall?

This would only be true if you used it close to the ground, though. just a thought.

heytallman

CTALL
We should put something about how omelets are a power-food, and are the best way to train.

jk...I can't really think of anything else right now hahaha

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
i miss those times when we were all crazy with omelets:laugh:.....but i guess we hav to show some maturity too. ever since we've been taking this seriously, the lucas boards have gotten much better.

how about this one : PSIm slows ur descend??

c3gill

Smash Ace
on that PSI Magnet fall.....

The Amazing PSI Magnet and its epic utility (think PSI Magnet is just to get health? think again!)

• Lucas' PSI Magnet instantly reduces "gravity" momemtum- It slows your fall, Similar to Fox's reflector. Slow Fall!
  • It doesnt just absorb attacks- it magnifies them. We get health back at a 2:1 ratio to how much is dealt out.
  • Use it as an attack! It has a surprising amount of horizontal knockback.
  • Ever heard of Magnet Pulling? yeaaaah.
  • Stall on the edge with it- we call it livin on the edge! (ok bad Aerosmith reference:(). Slightly jump up from the edge, PSI Magnet, and catch the ledge again. Great if someone decides to shoot something at you as you get up.
  • If you absorb something, it can be ended without lag.
  • It can be B-reversed. Example- When used with a Full Hop PK Fire, you can Magnet Pull in either direction. Useful for some crazy mindgames, as a spacing tool, or as a surprise attack.

edit- straked, i was just listing things that are awesome about all uses of the magnet, even if they have been previously mentioned. I would suggest Levitas do a little copy-paste action and throw this post with some other stuff.
.... post #130 on this thread. something about Levitas being lazy? :laugh:

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
ZMan's not lazy, he just has limited resources seeing as how he lives in a dumpster.

Also, there was something I wanted to add to this list but I can't for the life of me remember what it was... Argh.

Were DAS and Thundershifting added or deemed not tricky enough?

Neon Ness

That double aerial stall...

When Lucas (or Ness) uses an aerial on the same frame or a few frames after using his double jump, he stalls in the air for roughly a second. It sounds useless, but it really does help when recovering to the stage since Lucas/Ness is basically moving forward but not downward during that time.

I think Thundershifting was discussed in the General Thread. Using the C-stick to control PK Thunder at broader angles than can be attained with the Control stick... Even though Tyr said it was mostly pointless, I still think it has helped my Thundersliding. Eh, I must be imagining things.

EDIT: As far as a legitmate source for Thundershifting, can't get much more legit than Earthbound360's guide. But if you don't wanna sift through the whole thing, Irsic quotes the specific section on Thundershifting in the General Thread on like Page 3.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Yep. Even though Tyr did all the testing I still feel like it makes a difference, I guess I'm imagining it as well.

I thought I already mentioned Psi Magnet stalling. I use it just like Fox's reflector.

Galeon

Smash Ace
The real sliding up smash?

It'd be nice to find out if it's doable under normal circumstances (so yea, don't feel like making a new topic for this but it'd be nice if someone knew the answer) but with a timer, if you do a dash attack cancelled up smash REALLY fast, you go sliding across the entire length of Final Destination. Now the question is, is it possible to do it fast enough in real time?

If so, I'd say that's definitely worth being on the list.

Irsic

Smash Ace
The real sliding up smash?

It'd be nice to find out if it's doable under normal circumstances (so yea, don't feel like making a new topic for this but it'd be nice if someone knew the answer) but with a timer, if you do a dash attack cancelled up smash REALLY fast, you go sliding across the entire length of Final Destination. Now the question is, is it possible to do it fast enough in real time?

If so, I'd say that's definitely worth being on the list.
Whoa, what?

Neon Ness

So, Lucas has an effective DACUS? I figured it was only good for a few characters...

Will test this out when it's not 2 in the morning.

c3gill

Smash Ace
if it is useful, we are going to have a decision to make- is it worth giving up our c-stick? and how effective is it? someone should get a video, cause we should discuss this.

Top Bottom