• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zune

CrystalMidnight

Smash Cadet
Just wondering who owns one. Also if you do own one, I need some help figuring out why the screen wont come back on, yea it's charged, but somethins wrong with it and I want your opinions. People can debate whether ipod or Zune is better here

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I'll be getting mine in about a month or two. Depending when Microsoft decides to ship them off.

RDK

Smash Hero
Bad mistake, Crimson. I decided to get a Zune because I was tired of everyone and their mother having an iPod. But, as usual, Microsoft phailed miserably with their "iPod Killer".

I don't mind how crappy it is, because I like buying slightly less-known things like that, just to be different.

I like how you can put .avi's, .mpg's, and other video files on it, though (with the appropriat registry hack). I have all my tv shows, movies, and crap on there. And battery life is better than the iPod, but those, and the fact the screen is bigger, are really the only things that are better about it than the iPod.

The worst thing, though, is you can't even use it as an external hard drive without hacking your registry. WTF, Microsoft?

RDK

Smash Hero
The Zune, by a LOT. It's the fatboy of media players, besides the Toshiba Gigabeat.

However, the Zune's "spank-me-harder" outer coating is far more durable than the iPod's, which gets scratched and smudged easily.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I've had my Ipod for like six months, and I treat it pretty well, and I'm listening to it one day, and someones like "dude, where'd all those scratches come from?" I look at the back, there are hundreds of little scrathes, and I'm like "I dunno..."

But yeah, doesn't the Zune also have a 30 and 60 gig version?

RDK

Smash Hero
No, actually--that's one of the suckier aspects of the Zune. The first release only has a 30 gigabyte hard drive. However, this can be expected for two reasons:

1. The Zune was just released, and it's the first generation, and versions with bigger / smaller hard drives will be released soon.

2. Microsoft sux.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
How does Microsoft suck? From a business standpoint they are geniuses. The method I got my Zune was through Club Live which is a bunch of games that use search terms from Live Search and they get 10 cents per search. They triple each cost of their products with every person.

I got a Zune because it's free for me. Ipods are pieces of garbage. If the battery dies, have fun sending it to Apple while I swap mine out right now. Trust me, rechargeable batteries DO die. Plus I rather pay 200 bucks for a 30gb Creative Labs one than 200 bucks for a 4gb (when I bought it Nano was the cheapest) Ipod.

CrystalMidnight

Smash Cadet
And plus when I got my Zune it was the same price as an ipod nano black. and nevermind about it not working, I got it to work lol XD. and plus zune has everything and possibly more than the ipod video right? and it costs less so hell I'd go for zune anytime. also i've heard that ipod apples isn't consistant with their creations.

RDK

Smash Hero
Crimson, you're right about them being business geniuses--it's just that they make money off of other people's ideas / creations. They stole the ****ing Recycle Bin from Apple.

I'm in no way an Apple fanboy; I guess I'm just anti-Microsoft. If Bill Gates hadn't made that deal with PC providers that bundled Windows OS with all of the PC outlets, then we'd all probably be using Linux or OSX.

Top Bottom