• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS: Team Tactics and Questions

i.E.

Smash Apprentice
As of late, I've been using ZSS in teams (something I hadn't been doing; marth was my doubles main).

My teammate uses DK in teams, and if we ever separate our opponents from eachother, I'll dsmash>>>dsmash>>>grab, and while I have them in the grab he'll throw out a charged punch. This KOs at extremely low percents near the edge of a stage, although I don't have exact percents right now; more testing will go into this later when I have time.

Of course, everyone does this in teams; grab combos. This is nothing revolutionary...the only difference with ZSS is that the Dsmash>>>Dsmash serves as a damage booster on top of being able to set up grab combos more easily. Also, the sound of the move alerts your teammate (at least, mine anyway) of when we can potentially set this up.

This got me wondering, what have some of you been able to pull off consistently with ZSS in a doubles match? What tactics do you tend to use with your doubles teammate and how effective are they? Does anyone have any examples of something useful in teams with ZSS' UpB?

I think ZSS could potentially be one of the best doubles characters in this game. Opinions and things you've done successfully with ZSS in teams?

and DeliciousCake, if this somehow someway belongs in another thread, you can shoot me :p

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Bang, you're dead.

Team with Snake; stun -> C4 sticky OR C4 sticky ZSS -> charge at opponent.

LordMars

Smash Rookie
I've recently playing with my ZSS and a friend with Lucas, seriously, considering Lucas attacks are extremely slow to pull off, like smash up, the paralyzer is great.

There is also a sick possiblity do inflict damage:
Lucas uses on the ground down a while ZSS uses down-smash, with that you can inflict 100% in less than 2 seconds, after that Lucas still got enough time to use his up-smash -> instant K.O. for your opponent.

So far we lost only around 5 out of 50 matches, because Lucas strengh and ZSS agility and para is a really good team + if it's with friendly fire ZSS can heal Lucas from 150-0 in a few seconds using down-smash.

I guess Lucas and ZSS is like pretty much of the best team, but that's just my opinion,

Edit, Match of Lucas and me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz8w0VCvUZw
This is how it looks like, no big combos in there tho, bad quality afterall, but I guess you can see how it's going ;

Cheers

i.E.

Smash Apprentice
I've recently playing with my ZSS and a friend with Lucas, seriously, considering Lucas attacks are extremely slow to pull off, like smash up, the paralyzer is great.

There is also a sick possiblity do inflict damage:
Lucas uses on the ground down a while ZSS uses down-smash, with that you can inflict 100% in less than 2 seconds, after that Lucas still got enough time to use his up-smash -> instant K.O. for your opponent.

So far we lost only around 5 out of 50 matches, because Lucas strengh and ZSS agility and para is a really good team + if it's with friendly fire ZSS can heal Lucas from 150-0 in a few seconds using down-smash.

I guess Lucas and ZSS is like pretty much of the best team, but that's just my opinion,

Edit, Match of Lucas and me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz8w0VCvUZw
This is how it looks like, no big combos in there tho, bad quality afterall, but I guess you can see how it's going ;

Cheers
I'm letting your video stream lol :p...

As for lucas, I can see why they would make a good team. Other smashers I've talked to on the subject suggest Ike, with his powerful slow moves and n00b destroyer (Fsmash). He sounds like he would make a good teammate for ZSS. Although, on your comment that Lucas's Dsmash combined with ZSS' Dsmash can do 100 percent in less than 2 seconds? I'm skeptical, and doubtful lol. Although, I get what you're saying.

i.E.

Smash Apprentice
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ifeMYXSj-NI

ZSS basically fills G&W's bucket with down-smash , and whoever gets close, gets stunned in the process
lol....that's brilliant. Might be time for my teammate to switch mains to G&W.

Earlier he tried out fox in a friendly and it worked out well...during the stun and my grab he lazered the hell out of this snake. The damage was pretty significant by the time my grab hits were over and he'd been thrown.

Although that game and watch tactic looks way more effective than anything else I've mentioned or seen lol.

FBM

Smash Apprentice
ZSS and Snake are my fav so far (barring silly things like bucket filling.. LOL). Between the two of them, they have great ranged and up close power, with plenty of disruption and speed and crazy abilities. Hilarity just tends to ensue.

LordMars

Smash Rookie
I'm letting your video stream lol :p...

As for lucas, I can see why they would make a good team. Other smashers I've talked to on the subject suggest Ike, with his powerful slow moves and n00b destroyer (Fsmash). He sounds like he would make a good teammate for ZSS. Although, on your comment that Lucas's Dsmash combined with ZSS' Dsmash can do 100 percent in less than 2 seconds? I'm skeptical, and doubtful lol. Although, I get what you're saying.
Try it out, lucas down-a inflict huge damage, the opponent can't move while paralyzed, I even made a movie about it, but my camera ain't working proberly right now, so can't show you, it seems you gotta test it by yourself,

Cheers

Sudai

Stuff here
The most I've seen Lucas' DSmash hit was twice out of the three and that did 30% damage. Even if only two hit, (three -will- hit if stunned), that's about 55% assuming the ZSS DSmashes twice and the Lucas only hits with 2/3 hits of the DSmash.. If the Lucas hits with all 3 hits and can DSmash twice, I could imagine insane amounts of damage.

LordMars

Smash Rookie
Dudes, I'm not talking about down-SMASH, but just the normal down and a attack. He is like moving like crazy and kicking.

I don't know how to say ir correcly but like duck down and a,
hope you get it, sorrys for the missunderstanding,

Cheers

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Dudes, I'm not talking about down-SMASH, but just the normal down and a attack. He is like moving like crazy and kicking.

I don't know how to say ir correcly but like duck down and a,
hope you get it, sorrys for the missunderstanding,

Cheers
dtilt (down tilt) is the preferred nomenclature.

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
The G&W/ZSS team is great, but in all honesty, G&W/Anyone is usually amazing.

I like the combination of two ZSSes or ZSS/Lucario personally. Two ZSS players will know how the other is acting and it allows combos to be executed more intuitively (same for any two of the same characters). Lucario just seems to compliment ZSS when they play together. No real textbook reason for that one. Could be just me.

Snakeee

Smash Master
One of my favorite teams moments: I down Smashed M2K (Meta) while he was under the stage, then my brother, known as Shadow (also playing Meta) glide attacked him since he was coming back towards the stage at the same time. This caused M2K to get stage spiked XD.

And yes I could have b-air spiked him myself, but I had to worry about M2Ks teammate.

Cancel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Diaz30
Very nice snakeee indeed. recently ive been teaming up on with a link which is not that bad on teams if you ask me.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Perhaps my most favorite team tactic that involves ZSS is a link grab+stun combo. Using Toon Link, Link, Samus, Lucas, Olimar, or another ZSS, it is pretty interesting getting people in a lock. Simply grab the opponent and constantly hit them until they break free, and have your ZSS partner to simply stun them as soon as that happens. Then the other character can pull them back into a grab and continue the chain. Its rather difficult to perform in 2v2 battles, but given the right timing, ZSS can knock away the other opponent with a bair and get back to another stun.

Tactic is best when its down to 2v1, after an opponent's partner his been finished off.

doomweasel

Smash Cadet
I still love the dsmash combo with G+W's bucket. I tried it for the first time myself a few days ago. If you set it up right, it can be very difficult for an opponent to interrupt (stunning attacks being spammed seems to be a deterrent, oddly enough XP)

Top Bottom