• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Tactical Discussion

WhiteWingDemon

Smash Cadet
Ok, pretty good post but I feel the need to point some things out:

Up B: Very useful move. It can be used as a spike, although a bit more difficult to use than her down b. Since it draws the opponent back it is useful for pillaring with combination with her down smash. Also useful for racking up damage when someone is on a platform above you. Another combo move, albeit being difficult to pull off, is after you've used your second Up air, use her Up b and then use Bair or Fair.

D aerial: Not useful as an approach from above because of what you stated and its low priority.

Good luck with the combos. The great thing about Zero Suit Samus is that she is one of the most combo heavy characters in the game.

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
Well I help a bit. I posted this in another thread but she has one of the longest grab in the game. (Use a dashing shield Grab) She has lag afterwards so you want to use it from long range mainly so they can't punish you quickly.

Standing and doing the grab is not to good especially up close. IT comes out faster with dashing shield grab. a normal standing grab is kinda slow

Don't forget she can Crawl. This is useful for projectile spammers.

Also she can't be chain throwed easily. She can get out of chain throws(DDD,using DIing) as she is so light.

Ørion

Smash Ace
Very nice guide. To add on to what you said about her B-Up, this can be very useful for a stage such as Spear Pillar because it will go through the stage. You can stay on the bottom and spam it for a while before the person can get away which adds up quickly. Excellent strategic guide :)

Scala

Smash Ace
Since this is a general tactical discussion thread, I might as well throw my thoughts out there:
Her up-b.
This beast of a move frustrates so many of my friends when they're trying to recover.
I'm not going into too much depth about it since I assume you can figure out the uses for it on your own.
Essentially, when they are going to recover run off of the edge and up-b. Practice so that you know the maximum distance that you can be away from the ledge and still auto-sweetspot it. Just before they grab the ledge, use your up-b and take control of the ledge. You will be unharmed by their recovery since you are not physically at the ledge and they will simply drop down and die.

I suppose this can be used by anyone with with a teather but her's is exceptionally long and fantastic.

Top Bottom