• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zss just won both of the invitationals and here's how

Joanny

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1032-1663-6684
I'm trying out ZSS and I saw you were able to run on one direction and immediatly turn on the other direction while using Neutral special; without the sliding lag.
I didn't know that techniques, which is really useful.

Can someone tell me how does it work ?

Thanks ! :D

(Congrats for the tournament, nice games !)

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'm not really putting too much emphasis on this but the Japanese have ZSS @ #5 on their tier list, I believe. @ Dakpo Dakpo , what you do you think about in this stage of the metagame? She definitely seems like more of a threat this time around. Also thank you for your post, learned a few things and confirmed a few others.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I can't English apparently lol.

I meant to ask, what do you think about Japan placing her so high on the tier list this early? Do you think there's some validity to it? Do you think she's worthy of 5th?

pichuthedk

Smash Lord

I meant to ask, what do you think about Japan placing her so high on the tier list this early? Do you think there's some validity to it? Do you think she's worthy of 5th?
I know this was for Dakpo but the zss hype train is still going.

Her speed Is actually kinda insane this time around and although Up air was slightly ''nerfed'' I really like how it seems to land alot easier the slower speed seems like it deceives people into letting me get more of them than I should (granted people are still getting used to things)

Her down special is actually orgasmic and visually deceiving as well check out how I ended a set against someone who definitely was not below a mid level player.

https://gfycat.com/SnoopyConcreteImpala

The only thing I will say is that we are going to need to be careful with her down special I was giving it more credit then I thought when i first started to experiment but when you use it you have like 3 options which kinda make it feel like a lethal game of Rock paper Scissors.

1.If you just use the down b and not input anything she will do a spike which results in her jumping up almost like a footstool (this is her ground pound version)
2. If you input a/b she will do the kick which can come out with various different timings effecting her momentum.
3. you can just Down special over/away from people.

An important note is that when you down special you can alter the arc she makes with the jump so you can maybe even mix it up one cute thing I did was alter it in a way were she barely moved half her fox trot distance (shortest horizontal distance) this let me land beside a kirby who was shielding while i turned around and down smashed him -> up b kill.

sorry for the TL DR thinking its about time we get some informative stuff going so we can mull over the other chars.

Anyways there are a few major weaknesses to some of her janky gimmicks maybe that's why she isn't any higher.

Last edited:

Dakpo

Smash Lord

Yes! Our character is super strong until someone realizes that they can just walk and shield grab everything we do. Our weakness of shields hasn't changed a bit. I think she will eventually drop from top 5, but will always hover near it

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
ZSS isn't as weak to shields this time dakpo

Her grab is about twice as fast and nair, bair, spaced dsmash are safe on block

Seriously nair is so good

Last edited:

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman

Just read this and the other thread you posted. This is the kind of stuff I like to hear. Now I know what my options are for spacing/pressuing.

Question though about ZAir as I haven't tested it: How do you feel about it from mid screen, even it's purely for fakeout/spacing? I know regular Samus doesn't have the luxury of dash in, roll back, dash in, etc. as a mind game to approach so I've been using dash in, retreating ZAir, repeat until I finally go in for a grab or something to setup my charge shot kills.

I wonder if this same tactic with ZSS might be strong...

Lastly, anyone put any time into ZSS's custom Down B that has a large horizontal arc? I don't have it unlocked yet but I feel like that move could be incredibly deadly since it gives you a long range meteor to punish options with or a strong option when getting up off the ledge.

Last edited:

Dakpo

Smash Lord

I'll do some more testing, I've had the game for 3 days lol
Although nair has less lag, shield drop in this game is a lot better.

BassX

Smash Rookie
I've been working with ZSS since the game came out, My main issue seems to be staying on the ground, edge guarding, and finishing moves with her which might be the two most important things playing competitively. I keep having accuracy issues with the 3 kick upsmash and as such getting punished on the way back to the ground. I'm not sure the best way to edge guard either besides spacing and hitting as they land/recover.

Anyone have any tips for these issues specifically?

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Something I've been doing to edge guard (while it lasts anyways) is just down-bing towards people off stage because they have no choice but to try and attack you really even if it doesn't hit you (Alot of people are expecting the kick which is a nice kill move to), You can footstool their attack and then you can land on stage and think about what you want to do as they are reaching the ledge. If they don't attack well then they just get spiked from the footstool.

I gotta stop being lazy and get the robin infinite down the circle pad is not cooperative in letting me 0-death Him/Her

Last edited:
Top Bottom