• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Downsmash chain combo

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FdaTZBr7zGg

I personally enjoyed the whole match, but skip to the last stock to see the dsmash chain.

Discuss.
The fox seemed decent, I wonder if there's a way to tech or DI out of it since I'm sure he was trying like mad to do so. Could just be another inescapable chain to add to the list. Still, it was pretty funny... not from the fox's standpoint I'm sure, but i laughed. :-p

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Aside from that and the ability to consistently shorthop, I wasn't very impressed with the ZSS play.

Still, that combo was awesome.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Good work for the Zamus. I was wondering if something like that was possible. It seems it may be.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I have to test that out....I think people will just be able jump behind you or something though. I'm pretty sure there has to be at least one thing they can do. Maybe you can chain the move a good amount with proper mindgames, but that Fox just kept jumping away from ZSS everytime.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I'm going to slowly work that in my game, it actually is usefull..I cought my friend in it but his marth got too high in the knock back for me to continue it.

J.L

Smash Ace
i think it only works on fast fallers. ie. spacies.

it wont work on anyone else i dont think.. but still a good move.

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
Hmm, I'll have to toy with this. Good find, I was looking for ways to improve my ZSS.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
NICE! This might only work with the heavier characters and with human error but after seeing that this gives me great hope for a true infinite with Zamus.

The reason why I'm so happy about this isn't purely because this will make Zamus meta game stronger but also because more smashers will begin to think Zamus is actually really good and start using her, which is what we really need around here.

Well besides a shorter short hop...

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I just tried this against a fox CPU he is indeed immobile it's unescapeable unless you over do the Down Smash after another increasing the knock back. I will test this out on other characters just to see the results.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
i think it only works on fast fallers. ie. spacies.

it wont work on anyone else i dont think.. but still a good move.
I'm going to have to back up this statement, but also throwing in the fact that larger characters like Bowser will most likely be susceptible due to their gigantic hitboxes. I actually realized this when testing ZSS' d-smash frame data, and I was basically trying to blast through it as fast as possible and started repeatedly hitting Mario in the air.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Alright, I have no one to play right now, but after what I just tested with computers, I think it should actually work on fast fallers up to around 50%. Can't say for sure though. I mean these computers dont seem to get out of double d smash to forward b >_>
Cake, it only worked on CPU Bowser up to 33%.

EDIT: Alright it works on comps sometimes at much higher percents sometimes, and it may actually be due to spamming the move (decreased knockback).
New finding: Do this with double d smashes!

James Sparrow

Smash Master
NICE! This might only work with the heavier characters and with human error but after seeing that this gives me great hope for a true infinite with Zamus.

The reason why I'm so happy about this isn't purely because this will make Zamus meta game stronger but also because more smashers will begin to think Zamus is actually really good and start using her, which is what we really need around here.

Well besides a shorter short hop...
Being a falco player in melee, i hav egot to say there's nothing i want less than there to be a ton of ZSS's. Everyone knew exactly what to do against falco because he was such a common character in high level melee. I love being one of the only zss's in my area because when i play people, they often times don't have set strats on how to beat her (besides try to gay me on the edge).

S2

Smash Lord
So if this isn't escapable, I wonder if this is going to effect how many ZSS players there are.

That and walk off stages against a ZSS are going to be a lot less fun.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Being a falco player in melee, i hav egot to say there's nothing i want less than there to be a ton of ZSS's. Everyone knew exactly what to do against falco because he was such a common character in high level melee. I love being one of the only zss's in my area because when i play people, they often times don't have set strats on how to beat her (besides try to gay me on the edge).
I agree, I like that there is very few ZSS users, She is well kinda unique if everyone picked up and played her it'd feel really boring.. =/

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
ZSS is too good and she just got better thanks for that find. I actually like the amount of ZSS users there are, cuz i wouldnt like doing dittos everywhere i go and diversity is good. We also have the advantage as a small community to feed off of each other more and at the same time leave the outsiders with nothing on us.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
I tried this against my Friend's DK. He jumped right out of it after the first hit. He said he used DI and jumped the second his stun animation ended, so I'm not sure if this is fully reliable.

Test this on human opponents rather than the CPU more and come back with more results. ZSS is my secondary and I want to be sure this tactic even works on humans before getting excited.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I tried this against my Friend's DK. He jumped right out of it after the first hit. He said he used DI and jumped the second his stun animation ended, so I'm not sure if this is fully reliable.

Test this on human opponents rather than the CPU more and come back with more results. ZSS is my secondary and I want to be sure this tactic even works on humans before getting excited.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=163229

Go here to see who it works on and who it doesnt, DK is one of the ones who it does not work dispite this big monkey's size.

Top Bottom