• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zomg, brinstar+luigi=win

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Holy cow, I just found a new favorite stage. Brinstar is easily the best counterpicking stage I've found for my luigi. It's got everything I need!

First and foremost, ground game is sort of tough to pull off well on this stage. The center of the stage is small, irregular, and sometimes hard to deal with. On top of that, there's the lava. Wanna chill on the ground? 14 damage, kplzthxbai. Plus it throws them into the air, enough for a well placed Uair gimp on the short ceiling.

The short ceiling (relative to the fighting that's done on this stage) is a huge plus. Most of luigi's easy to pull off kill moves are vertical. At least the ones I use most anyway.

Projectile gimping luigi's goofy recovery is v. hard here, since there's a snot barrier between the stage and the ledges. (**** you rob)

The side platforms are a great staging area for Bair abuse when you can get your opponent off the side of the stage. If they try to come from above you've got either the ground next to the snot or the platform on the side from which to stage an attack.

The only thing that seems to be a real negative is that if you hit a falling tornado just right on the center platform goo/glue, you'll bust through it and almost certainly fall to your death. (no rising tornado or ledges to help you.)

I love it, it forces people to fight me in the air, which I own. Win.

Razz113

Smash Cadet
Actually you are correct on thsi assumption with Wigi, only problem is most tournaments you woln't be playing on this stage. Other than that i completely agree its a great stage for luigi, but also a good one for other toons as well.

TheMann

Smash Ace
Hmm I never thought of brinstar for a counter pick. It'll be good for air game which is where u want everybody...except metaknight but I like to pretend he doesn't exist so I dont have nightmares.

Top Bottom