• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zoma's Mewtwo

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
**** mang I wish I was going so I could MM him. I'm suddenly super hype for Smashcon, I wonder where he'll place?

My heart says top 48 but the dark, rational Chandy deep inside wagers he'll make it out of the first round of pools and probably lose to an ICs main in top 128 because of match-up inexperience.

D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

Last edited by a moderator:

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Those filthy gaijin Falcons can't stop a Mewtwo from the land of the rising sun.

If it's not an ICs I'd say him losing to a randy Falcon is quite believable too. He could luck out and ride match-up inexperience into deep bracket like aMSa because Mewtwo is so rare, but I don't think M2 has half as many tricks as Yoshi so I doubt the rare character edge will be as much of a factor here.

This is a really important showing for him, though. If he makes enough waves he might travel more (and the American scene might crowdfund his travel too, just like aMSa). If he busters out super hard I doubt we'll ever see him again, and I know for a fact no one's gonna pay for his plane tix.

He'll be in my prayers. Send him all your energy!!!!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
MD/VA is a very lame region and I doubt he will be seeded well.

At least he has good experience vs campy players lol.

BeldorTN

Smash Rookie
I'm honestly more afraid of good Puffs wrecking him than Falcons.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
I played him yesterday, and he was on point. My Fox was in put into purgatory. Zoma is also one of the kindest people I've met.

oh and he did all those crazy teleport edge cancels. it appears that he doesn't know about the up air AI or just doesn't use it.

and he wrecked cyrain

Last edited:

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
https://www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator/v/83382246?t=05h35m23s Zoma vs pewpewu
There were a lot of times where pewpewu had really good combo DI and zoma got hit trying to followup. It may have been more beneficial to get a hit and just charge SB in center stage.
He also had some pretty bad combo DI and kept missing techs which pewpewu punished. His edgeguards were lacking too. His neutral was pretty good in that second game but his execution went out the window.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

Top Bottom