• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zinoto: Ally's Eliminator

Not many international threats get taken down at locals but Michigan shows Midwestern Smash can get the job done! Recently Pulse Gaming's own Zinoto was able to fight and take down Ally, Canada's best, in both Winners and Grand Finals at SFW #19. Zinoto placed 17th at TBH5 and 25th at Apex 2015 losing to, oddly enough, Ally. We tracked down this Ann Arbor player to get his thoughts on the match, upcoming events, character selection, and more.

---​

SmashCapps: So first how were those matches against Ally? How were you feeling?

Pulse | Zinoto: To be honest I wasn't feeling nervous. I've been practicing a lot recently (like A LOT) to get prepared for Genesis. I really want to top 8 and I figured this was the best test to see if I would even come close. I kinda just went in with the intention to win. I also have been working with other characters that I was prepared to use if Diddy wasn't working out.

SmashCapps
: What other characters out of curiosity?

Pulse | Zinoto: I play Diddy, Metaknight, and Palutena.

SmashCapps
: Palutena! Curious choice. Why do you think Meta Knight and Palutena compliment your Diddy?

Pulse | Zinoto: The main MUs that Diddy can really struggle with (that you can frequently see in bracket) are Sheik, Mario Brothers, Rosa, Sonic, and Pikachu.

Metaknight is a nice counter for Rosalina, since her weight and size make it pretty easy to do the death combo really early on her. Also all his moves, except like 2, knock Luma away. Palutena does really well vs Mario Brothers since her walling game is really strong. Also, one of my main practice partners is Yoshi Kirishima and I kind of just picked her up for that reason alone. She's really fun and I think underrated.

Winners Finals: Pulse | Zinoto vs Boreal | Ally​

SmashCapps: So from what you said it seems like you only needed to use Diddy to take down Ally. Seeing as how you said it could be a struggle for Diddy, is Ally starting to slip or did you just figure him out this time?

Pulse | Zinoto: The last time me and Ally played was sometime in the summer, and he beat me pretty solidly. I've been practicing quite a bit since then and I think I just caught him off guard. There's not too many top level Diddy players to get MU practice with and I don't think there are any in Canada. Ally is still the amazing player he's always been and I'm 100% sure he'll be ready next time and the set will be extremely close. It just shows that no one is unbeatable.

SmashCapps: So with this extra practice and Genesis 3 coming up you said your goal was to make top 8, a spot where Ally would likely be there to give you a fight. Looking forward to the potential of that tough rematch?

Pulse | Zinoto: Definitely, he's probably already watched the match over and figured out what he did wrong along with making a game plan for next time, but so have I. Me and Ally are good friends and win or lose we always have fun sets. But, my main goal for genesis is to make a name for myself. When you talk about top Diddy's the first thing everyone says: Zero and MVD (for good reasons too, they have all the results). I plan to have many more sets like the one from this past Thursday with whoever I run into bracket at Genesis, whether that be Ally, Dabuz, ZeRo, etc. My plan is to win.

SmashCapps: Want to share any tips for training to any other potential 'Ally Slayers' out there?

Pulse | Zinoto: Yeah, everyone makes mistakes and no one is unbeatable. Keep practicing and review your gameplay constantly to make the holes in your play as small as possible. Most importantly have fun.

Grand Finals: Pulse | Zinoto vs Boreal | Ally

SmashCapps: Any other events people might be able to see you at before Genesis 3 in case they want to get a taste of your gameplay?

Pulse | Zinoto: Definitely. Dabuz, Vinnie, MVD, Ally, WIll and myself will all be at Dismantle 2 on January 1-2. It should be streamed by E2C if I'm not mistaken and will showcase a lot of the Midwest's strongest players. Aside from that, Ally will prob be in Michigan for a while and he'll probably be at more of the weeklies with me, which people can watch on GooshiGaming's stream.

SmashCapps: Any last things you want to tell readers?

Pulse | Zinoto: Everyone should come to Genesis 3, find me, and say hi. I'm gonna do my best at Genesis 3 and play for all the underdogs!

---​

A special thank you to Zinoto for agreeing to this interview. Consider following Zinoto on Twitter to stay updated on his Smash career or his sponsor Pulse Gaming. Excited to see Ally and Zinoto clash again in tournament? Have ideas for a player to interview? Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for more Smash coverage.

Last edited:

Comments

The title is a piece of ****.

Grats on Zinoto beating me (He did that in Brawl too so no surprise) but ELIMINATOR? I lost count on how many sets I have on him. Calm your stuff

You are the better one but they say eliminator because they are trying to get people to look at it. That's what thy did with Esam and that Jack guy

I will fire a shot of my own though I generally hate to do so in comments. ESAM and Florida's general reaction shows me why they have such a high caliber of players and why ESAM is considered such an amazing role model for the community. Makes me wonder why Canada is noticed less, maybe because their most well known player is a bit hostile.
I'm hoping this shot isn't so serious... Its bad rep for a very small, but hopeful community because of a slightly salty incident regarding an article and its questionable title...

Last edited:
Top Bottom