• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zhu tourny vids. I am in desperate need of feedback.

forward

Smash Champion
I like your vids zhu, you are taking falco in the same direction as me

I can think of two approaches you can add to your game. Running shine, and wd jab. I don't think I saw any in the vids I watched (I didn't watch them all).

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I noticed you didn't post any matches against Marth. Did you not play any Marths or have you figured out how to play against him?

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
I noticed you didn't post any matches against Marth. Did you not play any Marths or have you figured out how to play against him?
there are very few marth mains in norcal =( there are a handful of people who use marth as a secondary such as bob$ / zelgadis, but both have recently failed to beat me with marth so they stick with their respective mains.

mmm... running shine and jabs should add more variety to my approach. i think i need to stay away from people's shield more in general. i'll try to remember to pick shields apart little by little instead of always going for a dair pillar. lamb also told me to WD back more after hitting the shield so i can catch them if they roll. i used to do that but i guess i lost my habit of roll chasing... i don't think i roll chased anyone that tournament loool

thanks for the advice guys, lots for me to think about xD

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
I like your vids zhu, you are taking falco in the same direction as me

I can think of two approaches you can add to your game. Running shine, and wd jab. I don't think I saw any in the vids I watched (I didn't watch them all).
qft. I never really integrated running shines in my gameplay as I somehow found them to be to slow but WD + jab used with the right timing can really screw a lot of things.

@Aldwyn, as I just mentioned, shield shines only will work on an overshot aerial (that is, landing too close to your shield, they space the punches to outrange your shine), something a smart falcon will prolly know to avoid against falco
I was speaking of using shine shield to break the gentleman =P

Falcology

Smash Apprentice
forward..dr mario has me in a trap. his pills are too much.. can u tell me tips on how to counter?
btw nice vids zhu

ive gotten great tips from captainlukey... just seeing if u have anymore to add

technomancer

Smash Champion
lol as soon as forward shows up in a thread... shiz too... the best way to be like shiz and forward, you guys, is to bust your *** like Zhu here and step up your game.

edit: I just totally stole that WD jab it wrecks DD nerds if you do it out of shield.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
awesome thread..i think i will go try WD jabs out of shield and dashed shine to thunder's combos with fox..i never use those either...i have no clue why i'mm in the falco forums though

forward

Smash Champion
i fight doc's by mostly using lasers and b airs. all that shuffle stuff doesn't work too well on him so just zone him.

lol @ DD nerds

captainlukey

Smash Ace
i fight doc's by mostly using lasers and b airs. all that shuffle stuff doesn't work too well on him so just zone him.

lol @ DD nerds

i wonder if we ripped forwards head apart and drank the sweet nectar from within..
would we also inherit godly powers?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I think it would be more beneficial to watch his C.O.C.K. No head ripping necessary.

captainlukey

Smash Ace
I think it would be more beneficial to watch his C.O.C.K. No head ripping necessary.
no offense to anyone here... (ima gonna get flamed to the ****ter i can already tell...)
but c.o.c.k wasnt too good...\ in fact i hated it
i think the quality of it just threw me off...

and crea that just sounded wierd...
lol
your a funny one

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
forward what do you mean shffl stuff doesn't work on him? why not? kinda confused as to what your comment means...maybe i'll find a vid of you in the matchup though

Miharu

Smash Hero
no offense to anyone here... (ima gonna get flamed to the ****ter i can already tell...)
but c.o.c.k wasnt too good...\ in fact i hated it
i think the quality of it just threw me off...

and crea that just sounded wierd...
lol
your a funny one
Of course you wouldn't be able to appreciate the godliness of Forward's ****.

captainlukey

Smash Ace
forward what do you mean shffl stuff doesn't work on him? why not? kinda confused as to what your comment means...maybe i'll find a vid of you in the matchup though
i think what he means is that typical combos... like nair nair nair for example, are a lot harder to do, cause if he just taps A as fast as he can after eating the nair, he will be able to sex kick out before you can get your nair out... things like that cause docs stun time is alot less i think...
at least thats what i think he means

captainlukey

Smash Ace
i think what he means is that typical combos... like nair nair nair for example, are a lot harder to do, cause if he just taps A as fast as he can after eating the nair, he will be able to sex kick out before you can get your nair out... things like that cause docs stun time is alot less i think...
at least thats what i think he means,

and @hydro...
i understand the godliness of his A.R.S.E
lol

Top Bottom