• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zhu (Jiggs) vs Julian (Fox), new jiggs wanting some feedback!

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
i just started playing jiggs, i'm still getting used to the movement and the weird l cancel timing. i've never really played a floaty besides marth so it's still new to me ._. anyways, here are some matches, i'll get matches against different chars, so stay tuned!

(caution, my jiggs is probably really weird / bad, so bear with me xD)

Zhu (Jiggs) vs Julian (Fox)
Zhu (Jiggs) vs Julian (Fox) 2

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
ha it wasn't bad by far. But there were areas that could be improved, some missed rest opportunities in the first match made me wonder what you were trying. At the beginning you could have used some N-airs to keep Fox from getting away when you moved in. when he was off the ledge you should have just ran off the side and did and N-air. I'm not sugguesting it for all occasions but there were times that if you had done it the victory in the first match would have been much greater.
I think that you generally need to be more aggresive with guarding the edge. This isn't Falco! You have plenty of jumps and chances to get back if you miss. Good example is the 2nd game where you went and chased his @$$ down. (2:50~)If you held the edge you would have gotten the kill.
The Fox was decent but guessing from the way you played you seem like you may have read the guide by RPK and then started reading some of Mango's stuff. I'm just guessing.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
ha it wasn't bad by far. But there were areas that could be improved, some missed rest opportunities in the first match made me wonder what you were trying. At the beginning you could have used some N-airs to keep Fox from getting away when you moved in. when he was off the ledge you should have just ran off the side and did and N-air. I'm not sugguesting it for all occasions but there were times that if you had done it the victory in the first match would have been much greater.
I think that you generally need to be more aggresive with guarding the edge. This isn't Falco! You have plenty of jumps and chances to get back if you miss. Good example is the 2nd game where you went and chased his @$$ down. (2:50~)If you held the edge you would have gotten the kill.
The Fox was decent but guessing from the way you played you seem like you may have read the guide by RPK and then started reading some of Mango's stuff. I'm just guessing.
mm thanks, you're right, i still need to work on edgeguarding a little bit. i haven't read any guides or watched vids for jiggs, i've just seen king / mango play a couple times in person, and i'm trying to emulate them just from that. i'll try to put up some more vids soon, jiggs is too fun, must have feedback xD

MaNg0

Smash Hero
wow i havent even seen the vid..

And.. its **** .. because ur zhu..

If u need any help go to ma thread

I have like match ups there and stuff

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Why are you playing Jiggs?! Your falco is too good!

Pookiez

Smash Apprentice
I was watching the firsfew seconds you get a grab >uptrhow and thought "well that fox just got rested" and you went for an upsmash intead XD . no seriosuly grab > up throw > rest is amazing on fast fallers. especially if you do it fast before they even have a chance to DI. If they do DI you can always go for a pound rest afterwards (but that also requires the opponent to not DI the pound properly)

Top Bottom