• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZeRo's mystery announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

sassafrass

Smash Cadet
Haha man you just wanted attention. I don't blame you, but trying to pass off what you did last night as "helping the scene grow" is just incorrect. You could've kept quiet, you could've waited however long, but something inside you wanted to tease us, get us hyped and more importantly, talk about you... Which is all fine and dandy unless you can't actually announce it. Then you just want attention. I don't have a problem with that in itself, but like I said, don't pass it off like you're the offspring of Mother Teresa and Gandhi.

RODO

Smash Ace
Haha man you just wanted attention. I don't blame you, but trying to pass off what you did last night as "helping the scene grow" is just incorrect. You could've kept quiet, you could've waited however long, but something inside you wanted to tease us, get us hyped and more importantly, talk about you... Which is all fine and dandy unless you can't actually announce it. Then you just want attention. I don't have a problem with that in itself, but like I said, don't pass it off like you're the offspring of Mother Teresa and Gandhi.
I think that's an unfair assumption. Let's just be glad that we have something to look forward to.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I think Smash might get a TV show and ZeRo along with others might be in it, lol.

sassafrass

Smash Cadet
I think that's an unfair assumption. Let's just be glad that we have something to look forward to.
I disagree that it's an unfair assumption and we have always had something to look forward to... You know, the game itself. But whatever no biggie, we can move on. :estatic:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Let me get this out.

1. He can't say because they have yet to try it out.
2. He says it'll grow because it'll be appealing to both sides of the community. Casuals and competitives.
3. It indirectly involves Nintendo. Nintendo put it in their head.

They're adding items.

RODO

Smash Ace
Let me get this out.

1. He can't say because they have yet to try it out.
2. He says it'll grow because it'll be appealing to both sides of the community. Casuals and competitives.
3. It indirectly involves Nintendo. Nintendo put it in their head.

They're adding items.
hmmm idk when did he say it would appeal to both sides?? I just know he was talking about representing the side that didn't get as much attention (competitive side).

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone welcome to the speculation thread! I am your host squii the fish! Today we will be looking at the possible news announcements that our good smashboard rep has spoken of during his AMA! Now before we get started lets just get some things out of the way!

First off myself!
Now I am not the most relevant member in this community I know but one time I got to shake Egg'z hand and at one point thought I saw m2k on a public transportation transit and even got close enough to sniff him!

Second off lets be poignant that I will not disclose my resources although I must let you know sakauri IS DEFINITELY NOT my uncle

ALRIGHT LETS GET STARTED

THEORY NO 1.

BALANCES AND CHANGES

Smash bros will have balanced board support! You can now move you character by shifting left and right. And jumping on certain parts of the board you can attack! Dodging and shielding is activated by Squats so your glutz will get quick fit this time around!This will bring us together as we burn calories and can get fit smashing together! Smash will now be known for being the fittest MLG community!

#GetWreckedLeaguePlayers

THEORY NO 2.
SMASH DATING CENTER
What is a better way to bring smashers together? Why the new social online option where you get to meet up and chat with the smashiest singles around! Completely safe and harmless though! By uploading a screen shot of your character and writing a profile for them you get to roleplay and experience a completely fake relationship with another person doing the same exact thing.

This will be closely monitored though that way no one tries to coerise the other person into erotic rol-.... Licensing issues!
SMASH YOU WAY INTO ANOTHER PERSONS HEART TODAY

THEORY 3
SERIAL CODES FOR THE NEW SMASH WORLD ORDER

How do you tell one smasher from another? Lost you Amiibo? Well shoot not a problem! Now with help from the American Govt we can now put a **FREE** serial code on your arm to help identify other smashers as well as a Amiibo chip in the back of your head! Just simply place the WiiU pad on the back of your neck and watch your favorite character come to life all hail sakurai.

Also this method will allow Nintendo to weed out trollish players in the online community by sending a small harmless signal to the chip which in turn makes a small harmless detonation directly to the smashers spinal cord! That will teach that meanie!

Thanks for helping with this new final SMASH solution Zero! ZERO IS LOVE, ZERO IS LIFE, ZERO SHOW US THE LIGHT

THEORY 4

THE PROJECT M THEORY

Thanks to nintendo's ties with monsanto contractors, P:MBR's and Coders have had the honor of visiting nintendo's special cambodian headquarters to work the mod that is bringing us together! Many of the testers and coders will be busy so please do not try to contact them on facebook, there house, or talk to there family members.

But guess what! The P:M game is not available on the WiiU marketplace for a considerate price of 59.99!

THEORY 5

SAKURAI RELEASE A PUBLIC DEVELOPMENT KIT SO NOW EVERYONE CAN MAKE THERE OWN SMASH

How many games have you made? What? None? WOW.

But now you tourneyturds can finally the game of your dreams filled with Wavedashing, glitches, EL CANCELINGO, and the ability to recreate EVERY CHARACTER FROM THE STAR FOX SERIES

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Hi everyone welcome to the speculation thread! I am your host squii the fish! Today we will be looking at the possible news announcements that our good smashboard rep has spoken of during his AMA! Now before we get started lets just get some things out of the way!

First off myself!
Now I am not the most relevant member in this community I know but one time I got to shake Egg'z hand and at one point thought I saw m2k on a public transportation transit and even got close enough to sniff him!

Second off lets be poignant that I will not disclose my resources although I must let you know sakauri IS DEFINITELY NOT my uncle

ALRIGHT LETS GET STARTED

THEORY NO 1.

BALANCES AND CHANGES

Smash bros will have balanced board support! You can now move you character by shifting left and right. And jumping on certain parts of the board you can attack! Dodging and shielding is activated by Squats so your glutz will get quick fit this time around!This will bring us together as we burn calories and can get fit smashing together! Smash will now be known for being the fittest MLG community!

#GetWreckedLeaguePlayers

THEORY NO 2.
SMASH DATING CENTER
What is a better way to bring smashers together? Why the knew social online option where you get to meet up and chat with the smashiest singles around! Completely safe and harmless though! By uploading a screen shot of your character and writing a profile for them you get to roleplay and experience a completely fake relationship with another person doing the same exact same thing.

This will be closely monitored though that way no one tries to coerise the other person into erotic rol-.... Licensing issues!
SMASH YOU WAY INTO ANOTHER PERSONS HEART TODAY

THEORY 3
SERIAL CODES FOR THE NEW SMASH WORLD ORDER

How do you tell one smasher from another? Lost you Amiibo? Well shoot not a problem! Now with help from the American Govt we can now put a **FREE** serial code on your arm to help identify other smashers as well as a Amiibo chip in the back of your head! Just simply place the WiiU pad on the back of your neck and watch your favorite character come to life all hail sakurai.

Also this method will allow Nintendo to weed out trollish players in the online community by sending a small harmless signal to the chip which in turn makes a small harmless detonation directly to the smashers spinal cord! That will teach that meanie!

Thanks for helping with this new final SMASH solution Zero! ZERO IS LOVE, ZERO IS LIFE, ZERO SHOW US THE LIGHT

THEORY 4

THE PROJECT M THEORY

Thanks to nintendo's ties with monsanto contractors, P:MBR's and Coders have had the honor of visiting nintendo's special cambodian headquarters to work the mod that is bringing us together! Many of the testers and coders will be busy so please do not try to contact them on facebook, there house, or talk to there family members.

But guess what! The P:M game is not available on the WiiU marketplace for a considerate price of 59.99!

THEORY 5

SAKURAI RELEASE A PUBLIC DEVELOPMENT KIT SO NOW EVERYONE CAN MAKE THERE OWN SMASH

How many games have you made? What? None? WOW.

But now you tourneyturds can finally the game of your dreams filled with Wavedashing, glitches, EL CANCELINGO, and the ability to recreate EVERY CHARACTER FROM THE STAR FOX SERIES
10/10 Can't read enough times.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh my god...

When you BUY a freaking game, you OWN it. You posses a copy of that video game. You are legally allowed to make a copy of it for storage, but distribution of the copies is illegal.

Project M might use music not in brawl, if it does, that would be illegal.

I don't think a few words like that can loop around a copyright law, I feel like asking the big N themselves over it.
No you don't. when you pay for a game you pay for a licence to use it. You don't own it, otherwise you could make an infinite amount of backups and distribute them all. Owning a game is different to owning a licence. You can tell you own a licence when you're only allowed a limited amount of backups. This is why when downloading games of the eShop or Playstation store you only have a limited amount of times you can redownload it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No you don't. when you pay for a game you pay for a licence to use it. You don't own it, otherwise you could make an infinite amount of backups and distribute them all. Owning a game is different to owning a licence. You can tell you own a licence when you're only allowed a limited amount of backups. This is why when downloading games of the eShop or Playstation store you only have a limited amount of times you can redownload it.
Not that you aren't completely correct, but that was off-topic for this thread.

That said, I can't wait to see the actual information. :)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Not that you aren't completely correct, but that was off-topic for this thread.

That said, I can't wait to see the actual information. :)
Sorry. I just can't stand people being wrong.

I hope the information doesn't eventually dissapoint everyone who hyped it up.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

serazac25

Smash Rookie
There was a rumor going on about Melee's virtual console release. Maybe we can have 5 smashes in the same console, (5 cuz of P:M)

Edit:I mean what other games will it be compatible with the GC controller adapter? I guess there will be in a near future, but still. I don't mind a re-release HD thing with online or just HD w/o online.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
There was a rumor going on about Melee's virtual console release. Maybe we can have 5 smashes in the same console, (5 cuz of P:M)

Edit:I mean what other games will it be compatible with the GC controller adapter? I guess there will be in a near future, but still. I don't mind a re-release HD thing with online or just HD w/o online.
Online Melee would be ****ing fantastic.

A simple Virtual Console port would be okay, but I've already got a copy of Melee and a Gamecube. I'm good.

ChillySundance

Smash Apprentice
I think it'll be a dedicated tournament circuit for serious team matches or something like that. It's a relatively unexplored meta compared to 1vs1 and it appeals to a crowd that's been left out for a while (team players) and it can be applied to all 4 games in the franchise.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Online Melee would be ****ing fantastic.

A simple Virtual Console port would be okay, but I've already got a copy of Melee and a Gamecube. I'm good.
It's not going to be a melee port or a melee update with better graphics because IF that ever came out it would butcher the latest smash popularity.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
So in the ZeRo AMA (found here http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/280mk9/hey_im_zero_e3_smash_bros_invitational_champion/) he was going on about an announcement he was excited for. Unfortunately Nintendo (I assume) said he couldn't reveal yet. I have a guess as to what it is: the game build is different from the demo and he has played it.

Now why am I guessing this? Two things.

1. ZeRo states that he has found a 60-70% combo with ZSS. It seems hard to believe that it would be possible for a true combo to reach those percents in the build we witnessed as characters were usually knocked too far away to follow up on.
2. When someone asks what the surprise is ZeRo responds with "it will change this meta game." That too me has to mean either a new tech was discovered or there was something missing from the build we didn't know about. Demos are known leave mechanics out that may not be ready, with some demos even using old builds from past games just to showcase the game (brawl did this and so did mario kart). I'm starting to believe he has been shown the actual build of the game that plays slightly different to what we witnessed.

This is all just speculation, let that be noted, and it's very possible the demo build could be final and ZeRo just found some hidden depth, but I'm very excited for what's to come.
So maybe the demo was borrowing most of the Brawl engine because the other stuff wasn't ready?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'll just sit here and wait like a good boy.... and hype myself. :p

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I cannot say, it would ruin the surprise completely!

As a heads up, @ the announcement: this is basically something I'm doing to further grow the scene, since I'm 'catering' to one side of it that's been forgotten for a bit recently, but it's for the scene as a whole and it's positive and it involves me.

When I meant ' Changing the metagame', I actually meant not @ Smash 4, but instead, that it would change things up for a side of the community which (I hope) it will eventually mean good for everyone and moving into the future. It's all about being a family, guys.

Now, that's enough teasers. I can potentially announce this in the next upcoming months, but for now, I can't.

HOWEVER, because I failed to deliver, I stayed up until ~5AM replying questions in my AMA and will continue to do so throughout this day.

Really sorry for any inconvenience I caused, it wasn't my intention. I'm just trying to help the scene become better. Maybe I'm overhyping it? Depends on how it's received, but I think that it will do a lot of good to the scene.

Once again, thank you everyone for all the support. Much appreciated. For now, this will be completely underground until it can be announced.
This sounds something in the lines of more support from nintebndo for the competitive community at the very least.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
The announcement of Ridley being playable would definitely change the meta game

D

Deleted member 245254

So much this...

I mean let's be honest here. Why does he need to keep mentioning that "it involves me"?

Clearly we can see that, since only you are aware of this information you speak of at the moment.

This 4P FFA w/ items fun-based tournament really went to his head, didn't it? Let's look at the check-list...

- Importance of the information and that which the information applies to has now changed multiple times ("It will affect the meta-game" [later] "When I said meta-game I meant it will help grow the smash community!").

Never mind that the meta-game and the smash community are two utterly different things that build completely and utterly separate forms of speculation and hype and announcement possibilities.

- Continues to mention his "special" involvement in whatever it is.

Not surprising considering the self-absorption that is so apparent from this invitational business. Clearly he's not the only one involved otherwise nobody would be stopping him from talking...so touting his own involvement is just irritating to anyone.

- Feigns the announcement, then retreats because he isn't allowed...yet states Nintendo is not involved? Clearly this is either a back room thing or some kind of in-community group thing...That's why if he states who's involved it would be a give-away.

Brace for a shallow over-hyped announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:

sassafrass

Smash Cadet
Guys, please don't jump to conclusions!
Okay, I know I said was going to let this go in my last post, but are you kidding me? How do you expect people to not jump to conclusions? This is an extremely passionate community and I am 1,000% sure you are 1,000% aware of it. If you don't want people to jump to conclusions, you should not have teased them, simple as that. But if you are desperate for attention like you seem to be and want to be kept in the spotlight, go right ahead and tease us with another announcement.

The thing is, I'm not even saying this isn't going to be a huge announcement. In fact, I hope it is massive! I just do not appreciate the way you are handling this. First off, you claim you have this generous soul that "just wants to grow the community" with something you aren't even sure you can announce. Then when people's speculations run wild (like you KNEW they were going to), you tell people to back off. Not cool man, not cool...

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
Give him a break. He made a mistake. He accidentally said too much and now that he is trying to correct his mistake we jump down his throat? Look if we have to wait then we have to wait. Acting like this is not helpful. You don't want to ruin it by doing this stuff to the point that whatever it is is cancelled do you? So stop and back off. In fact this thread should be locked to prevent people from ruining something potentially great. Please mod, lock this thread.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
Give him a break. He made a mistake. He accidentally said too much and now that he is trying to correct his mistake we jump down his throat? Look if we have to wait then we have to wait. Acting like this is not helpful. You don't want to ruin it by doing this stuff to the point that whatever it is is cancelled do you? So stop and back off. In fact this thread should be locked to prevent people from ruining something potentially great. Please mod, lock this thread.
Uh-uhm erm...

I think you have to contact a mode directly for a better effect on that sort of thing.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Hehehd dont be mean on the dude. It seems is a good thing for the community.

I know some peeps here must be nerd raging because he doesnt want to spoil the surprise, but come on.

D

Deleted member 245254

Hehehd dont be mean on the dude. It seems is a good thing for the community.

I know some peeps here must be nerd raging because he doesnt want to spoil the surprise, but come on.
Or not. He said he COULDN'T announce it anymore because someone forced his hand.

This slop-show he started is just an attention-gathering mechanism.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Or not. He said he COULDN'T announce it anymore because someone forced his hand.

This slop-show he started is just an attention-gathering mechanism.
Admittedly he was premature in mentioning anything, but there's no real indication that I can see that he's just doing it for attention. He is excited about whatever it it, so why assume the worst of the situation? Not to mention that by sitting around speculating and/or being annoyed at the people who are speculating does nothing but generate more of that oh so ill-gotten attention that he so desperately needs apparently.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Ugh, this is starting to bum me out. I don't think the announcement will hype me up in the slightest now that I've read through this whole thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom