• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZeRo's mystery announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
And I have a feeling it'll be a disappointment because it was mistakenly spread around as something bigger than it was. <_>

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
My guess is Multiplayer version of Melee (and possibly other games), though if it's not related to Nintendo then it probably isn't official.

EDIT: And my Multiplayer I mean Online Multiplayer.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Don't ask Nintendo about copyright. They will tell you the EULA is fully legally valid. They will be lying to you. Most EULAs are not legally enforcable, but there's no penalty to including them with your products and maybe bits and pieces might be enforcable so Nintendo of course will include them anyway (as do all software distributors). Legally they can't admit these things are bunk or made in bad faith or it would be unfavorable in court when they were challenged (they always hold out hope at least part of it will be held up), but really, EULAs are a waste of paper most of the time.

The reality is that the various Brawl mod projects are a legal gray area. Copyright law forbids the unauthorized transimssion of protected works. However, as has been stated, none of these projects really transmit said works since you need the original game to play. The whole concept of "play" itself as the primary way of engaging a media isn't really considered at all by copyright, and that makes every relevant law apply very poorly to these projects and open to very broad interpretation. The code itself is being transmitted via the modified files, but it's such a ridiculously tiny portion of the overall work that there's a strong fair use argument here (that and it's entirely possible to implement all of these mods without file replacement, just far more cumbersome). Actually modifying how a game is operating while playing is even legally protected (the old Game Genie case). Honestly there would be many legal wrinkles in the case, and while Nintendo might win, they might lose too if the other side got a very strong lawyer. No one can really know for sure, and that's probably a very big part of the reason why Nintendo doesn't try to shut down something like Project M since this situation being legally ambiguous really works to their advantage in terms of intimidating people with legal threats when they deem it especially useful.

EDIT: Sorry, I had to drop that in here since it had been a big topic last page. As per the announcement, if it doesn't have to do with Nintendo, it's not a matter of what's in or not in smash 4. It's something that certain players are planning, probably having to do with touranment administration. That could or could not be great, but I think a lot of you guys are thinking of this topic really wrong.

Last edited:

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
It simply got delayed because I tried to announce it, but couldn't. Then it got pushed back, that's basically it.
[sarcasm]Wow, now I know when exactly when it'll happen.[/sarcasm]

He's talking about the Wii U release date and how it's going to be delayed.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The only thing I can ask (if possible) is whether it's only usable on the Wii U version or the 3DS. Maybe even both?

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
Dang. Was hoping we were going to hear something about this... Well, all in all it was a lot of info and gameplay, so I can't complain. The character reveals were probably the 3 most predicted, but still cool to see them in action.

Neo Zero

It simply got delayed because I tried to announce it, but couldn't. Then it got pushed back, that's basically it.
If I may ask, why exactly, or better yet, who exactly caused it to be delayed. It clearly wasn't yourself (unless this was some attention grabbing scam, but you seem like the kind of person who wouldn't pull that) so can I ask, which group made it so you could not discuss this?

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
You good, you good, jus' go into hiding for 2 months. To avoid further assumptions and interrogations by people thinking it'll be related to wavedashing/ridley confirmed.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It doesn't involve Nintendo, will effect all Smash games, it's some Zero and other players will like, and is significant enough to be kept secret.

It's either A: A controller. (Doubtful.) B: Something to do with a ruleset committee/ the backroom. Or C: Something to do with people funding tournaments/players.

TSM ZeRo

If I may ask, why exactly, or better yet, who exactly caused it to be delayed. It clearly wasn't yourself (unless this was some attention grabbing scam, but you seem like the kind of person who wouldn't pull that) so can I ask, which group made it so you could not discuss this?
I cannot say, it would ruin the surprise completely!

As a heads up, @ the announcement: this is basically something I'm doing to further grow the scene, since I'm 'catering' to one side of it that's been forgotten for a bit recently, but it's for the scene as a whole and it's positive and it involves me.

When I meant ' Changing the metagame', I actually meant not @ Smash 4, but instead, that it would change things up for a side of the community which (I hope) it will eventually mean good for everyone and moving into the future. It's all about being a family, guys.

Now, that's enough teasers. I can potentially announce this in the next upcoming months, but for now, I can't.

HOWEVER, because I failed to deliver, I stayed up until ~5AM replying questions in my AMA and will continue to do so throughout this day.

Really sorry for any inconvenience I caused, it wasn't my intention. I'm just trying to help the scene become better. Maybe I'm overhyping it? Depends on how it's received, but I think that it will do a lot of good to the scene.

Once again, thank you everyone for all the support. Much appreciated. For now, this will be completely underground until it can be announced.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

As a heads up, this is basically something I'm doing to further grow the scene, since I'm 'catering' to one side of it that's been forgotten for a bit recently, but it's for the scene as a whole and it's positive and it involves me.

When I meant ' Changing the metagame', I actually meant not @ Smash 4, but instead, that it would change things up for a side of the community. Which (I hope) it will! It's all about being a family, guys.

Now, that's enough teasers. I can potentially announce this in the next upcoming months, but for now, I can't.

HOWEVER, because I failed to deliver, I stayed up until ~5AM replying questions in my AMA and will continue to do so throughout this day.

Really sorry for any inconvenience I caused, it wasn't my intention. I'm just trying to help the scene become better. Maybe I'm overhyping it? Depends on how it's received, but I think that it will do a lot of good to the scene.

Once again, thank you everyone for all the support. Much appreciated. For now, this will be completely underground until it can be announced.
Fair enough mate, though I hope this has taught you to get clearance on these kind of announcements first (or to make it without hyping it up :p )

Regardless, I'm sure many might be angry at you for this, but it's their own fault for thinking it'd be a character or something silly like that, but at the very least, it sounds like you're doing good work and trying your best for everyone, and thats awesome of you to do that for everyone, and that's the most important thing.

Thank you for your work, even if it can't be announced, and congratulations on your well deserved win.

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
(Placeholder for a few months later so I can edit this post and say I had it right all along)
(Placeholder for a few months later so I can call you out and say you had no idea all along)

:troll:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

As a heads up, @ the announcement: this is basically something I'm doing to further grow the scene, since I'm 'catering' to one side of it that's been forgotten for a bit recently, but it's for the scene as a whole and it's positive and it involves me.

When I meant ' Changing the metagame', I actually meant not @ Smash 4, but instead, that it would change things up for a side of the community which (I hope) it will eventually mean good for everyone and moving into the future. It's all about being a family, guys.

you dont have to answer at all but i think it has something to do with doubles

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.

No worries man. A lot of stuff has been going on and I can imagine you're really busy. Not too many people have pulled an all-nighter answering an AMA, especially after something big like the invitiational. Remember to get some rest when you can, and to pace yourself. There is a thing called too much work!

Do you have any ideas about what Prog is going to talk about on MIOM tonight? There's a lot of talk about Project M and Nintendo, specifically about how Nintendo told players not to talk about PM at the invitational and PeachyHime's facebook comment.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I can respect that.
Till then, I'll be gone.
*hides*

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It is obvious guys, CT ZeRo just wanted more followers to tune in on what he is doing. Like a tweet thing.

I say we pack it up and do something else.

Last edited:

TSM ZeRo

It is obvious guys, CT ZeRo just wanted more followers to tune in on what he is doing. Like a tweet thing.

I say we pack it up and do something else.
Might be troll but, I assure you not. I've never done any of that and never will, I'm just trying to help the scene grow in the future and become huge. I just couldn't announce it now.

No worries man. A lot of stuff has been going on and I can imagine you're really busy. Not too many people have pulled an all-nighter answering an AMA, especially after something big like the invitiational. Remember to get some rest when you can, and to pace yourself. There is a thing called too much work!

Do you have any ideas about what Prog is going to talk about on MIOM tonight? There's a lot of talk about Project M and Nintendo, specifically about how Nintendo told players not to talk about PM at the invitational and PeachyHime's facebook comment.
Not at all, no idea, actually.

Last edited:

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I smell a Smash Realease pack that involve all 3 smash game in one (even if that sound useless and stupid from nintendo, since they dropped the gc controller, why not ...)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I smell a Smash Realease pack that involve all 3 smash game in one (even if that sound useless and stupid from nintendo, since they dropped the gc controller, why not ...)
Most likely, 64 will be Virtual Console, Melee would get an HD version, and Brawl would still be Brawl due to backwards compatibility.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Guys just leave it alone for now. Lets not overhype ourselves and then get disappointed when its not a new ZeRo amiibo or something like that.

bassem6

Smash Lord
I bet you he got a big sponsor like TSM or C9. Bigger sponsors would affect the overall scene in a positive way since it would cause more people to pay attention to the game. It also benefits Zero greatly. You guys are getting your hopes up way too high.

RODO

Smash Ace
No, a compromise has to be made, the game could lean a little more towards Melee, but alternate modes would just divide the fanbase even more.
I don't think it would as much as Melee and Brawl did. Everyone would at least love Smash 4 because they can play it the way they want to, and shared interest in the same game would cause the scene to be more friendly towards each other imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom