• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

zero to death combos

Steck

Smash Journeyman
What are these legendary zero to death combos that I hear so much about? I want to learn them. Videos would be appreciated too.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
With Fox

dair utilt utilt utilt dair utilt dair utilt jab jab usmash

=/
Drill combos are really easy to DI out of.
I can DI behind Pikachu Fair's and pretty far away from regular drills.
...Drills suck.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
Dash Fox- Thanks for the videos
Phen- So true
ant-d- Thats TAS, entertaining though
Duff- I'll try that with Mario-even if it won't be zero-death at least it will get some damage
malva- I believe you
Wenbobular- could I just do dair bair for some good damage then or could they still get away?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Pish, I'm just saying I hate drills.
Some people have funnily bad DI. It's just something to take into account when playing someone - seeing how good their DI is. My friend Winston has stupid keyboard DI and I've developed decent DI from playing his epic gay Falcon all day :)
Boom's drill DI is actually pretty bad from what I've seen when I play Fox ;) but the rest of his game is so solid it usually doesn't matter much.
Bottom line is....you can't rely on drills to do damage, but I don't eve see why we're discussing drills...haha. Probably because that guy above me was all into drills and stuff...

Malva was commenting on how Utilt to jab probably combos like. Never.

ANYWAYS
TRAINING MODE + MOVIES IS HOW YOU LEARN HOW TO COMBO
I got a little carried away with the drills.

B Link

Smash Lord
a quote from a pro:

toyboytbfb2:

You must not understand what a combo is, so let me elaborate. Combination: The act of combining or the state of being combined. In which means to put things together. Slamming an opponent on the ground can be apart of a combo...If it wasn't a combo the ingame combo counter would read it as a seperate attack.

link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=u-CIzAQ47qo

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
a quote from a pro:

toyboytbfb2:

You must not understand what a combo is, so let me elaborate. Combination: The act of combining or the state of being combined. In which means to put things together. Slamming an opponent on the ground can be apart of a combo...If it wasn't a combo the ingame combo counter would read it as a seperate attack.

LOL, he told that to MevseC

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
a quote from a pro:

toyboytbfb2:

The ingame combo meter DOESN'T count it as part of the combo. It resets when your opponent hits the ground.

ant-d

Smash Lord
the combo meter is slightly wrong anyway

the character can react 2 frames before it resets

the combo meter resets exactly when the character returns to a neutral stance, rather than the exact time the character can make an attack (which is -2 frames from neutral stance)

the training mode combo meter should measure the hit-stun, TOO BAD it doesn't
if it measured hit-stun then it would naturally count wall hits and throws as combos

Steck

Smash Journeyman
Choose falcon, Grab > Fair > Up smash > Uair > Uair > Up B
Tried it, not zero-death but really cool anyway

I need to play alot faster. Got to get the other guy before the hitstun goes away. I noticed that its good to bounce them against the hyrule castle wall. I need to get online. Because the CPUs are really starting to annoy me. I have no idea if I am actually doing stuff correctly.

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
I recorded 3 of the easiest FalconOnFalcon combos you could ever pull off: here's the video.
You won't need a lot of practice/skill to learn those 3 :D

[Edit: If you're looking for more flashy/elaborate combos just search on YouTube videos of Isai, Prince, Alancitu, Takamitsu, Tsukuru, Superboom, Jaime etc.

This one rocks]

Top Bottom