• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Videos 1vs.1

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
I really really like your ZSS, and i loved that video... please post mooooore!!!!!!! Thank you :)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It was a good match. Even though DK is a bad character he came close to winning.
DK's not that bad of a character. He racks up a lot of damage despite a lack of combos. Head Butt -> Giant Punch *****. And he bair is a beastly edgeguard.

Still, ZSS is definitely seeing an advantage in this match. Better range on most moves, and killer combo ability give her a major advantage. I feel like Robotic Claw would have done even better if it weren't for ****ing tripping.

I liked your Paralyzer to Grab combos. That was good. Something for you to try: Try working Plasma Wire into your combos. If you space it right and get the tip, it'll knock them into the floor, and you can tech chase. That might be useful.

Ares And Enyo

Smash Apprentice
that was good but felt a little boring though - maybe try mixing in an up b spike or up smash out of shield - I felt like you spamed the over b too much - I guess it was ok against DK but other fast characters will punish you for it as it is laggy - i do have to admit I like to paralyzer to grab setup.... it is all about the paralyzer

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman
You did well, but I think you became a little overconfident near the end, so DK caught up and and brought the match pretty close between you two.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Nice ending on the second match.
ummm around 00:46-00:50 were you did your Uair to Bair and landed with a F smash *or was it over B* wouldn't a Charge paralyzer shot been more suffice in that situation. I think the same situation happen again at some other point but i cant recall lol.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
Use your tilts much much more. Dtilt/uptilt all set-up perfectly for both an UpB techchase game or an upair combo. Ftilt for spacing.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
vid #3 was brutal. I'd say use the Stun Gun more, and maybe some Down Smash too. At first I thought stunning was dumb, but now I'm thinking that it will be a major part of her game. DAir less lol, I'd use it sparingly and to spike while they're on the edge. If you want to try and spike go for a Down B kick, its less punishable. Or you could try Up B spiking, but thats hard to learn. Also, Up B spam while under a platform, or just in general, rocks. You're pretty much the go-to for Zamus vids atm. Keep up the good work!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Chozo Armor is too good.

You should try to start the dash attack sooner and see if you can time it to where you hit on the last few frames of the hitbox. That way, you can continue the shield pressure a bit longer. You may also be able to link it into tilts if you connect.

Loveless

Smash Rookie
That third video was amazing~ actually inspired me to make an account here (after a year of browsing without an account). In the general section people have been complaining that no one has been edge guarding a lot, that's why the matches have been going on so long, but when I saw you spike Ike on the stage it was just <3. Also in love with the blaster -> grab combos. Hopefully when my copy comes in the mail, the combos will come easy for me too =(

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the boards, Loveless, and I like the username as well. Is it off the manga? :p

Also, I didn't bother to comment, but the 3rd video was just **** and convinced me to make Zamus one of the main characters that I try out. It's a toss up between Pit/Zamus/Toon Link/Lucas/Marth right now.

Loveless

Smash Rookie
Oh, thanks. Actually my friend refered me to that anime (normally read manga if anime hasn't finished) this week since I was bored of watching ef and Clannad over and over. So thought of the name from that, but didn't think it would be free @@;. With my friends I never really used a handle while playing since I couldn't think of one, but now that I have this account I'll probably do Love< on brawl, and <3 < on melee til we get our copies =(.

To go back on the topic, I was going to make an account after the first video, since you combo'd DK so well, but I forgot to turn off my privacy filters on yahoo, so the mail was sent into the trash folder. Falco was probably my best in melee, but after watching your videos I think I'll use Zero Suit as my main. Since I don't have brawl yet I can't tell if DK was DI-ing, but if he was every time seems she can combo quite well...

iron blade

Smash Ace
Cool videos. I love how Ike sounds like he's destroying a building every time he lands a hit. ZSS looks really good. Oh noes, she'll be the new Zelda/Sheik from Melee where everyone ignores Samus to play Zamus... Well, maybe not quite as much since Samus doesn't suck.

Zoz0

Smash Rookie
Nice videos, thanks for posting them. If you want to post any more I'll be happy to watch them :)

magnomanX

Smash Cadet
Too bad about that last match. You were getting REALLY defensive at the end. I never see you use dair either. It's a good move. Try and work it in there.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Thanks for the vids! Keep them coming. . . your like, the only person showing ZSS vids (-_0).

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
I got to play Brawl over the weekend, it was amazing. I didn't expect to like ZSS so much but she's my third favorite character at the moment, I didn't play too too much with her but we recorded a few matches and i was ZSS in 2 of them.

I accidentally start as PSS in this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kicaSVXPe_c

This one has 2 unfortunate happenings that I find really funny (trying to dtilt on the conveyor belt >_>)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-BsSLIf_kk

bojack13

Smash Rookie
Good job representing ZSS. A lot of whip and paralyzer shots went right through your opponents. Hope that doesn't happen too much. Also, that match between jedi looked pretty tough. Don't know how you managed to get past that endless barrage of projectiles.

Is Zamus the only one that can randomly trip? Out of all the match videos I've seen I haven't seen anyone but her trip.

myRoboticClaw

Smash Apprentice
Good job representing ZSS. A lot of whip and paralyzer shots went right through your opponents. Hope that doesn't happen too much. Also, that match between jedi looked pretty tough. Don't know how you managed to get past that endless barrage of projectiles.

Is Zamus the only one that can randomly trip? Out of all the match videos I've seen I haven't seen anyone but her trip.
Sometimes if it hits in a certain spot on the whip it will go through, but usually the whip and paralyzer are pretty reliable. Link is tough if they have a good projectile game, but he is probably tough with alot of the characters.

Zamus isn't the only one that can trip. I don't understand the trip mechanics yet, but it seems like she does trip somewhat more than other characters. It could just be the way I control her (I mained C.Falcon in Melee), or perhaps some characters are just more prone to it than others.

Kuroneko

Smash Apprentice
Zamus isn't the only one that can trip. I don't understand the trip mechanics yet, but it seems like she does trip somewhat more than other characters. It could just be the way I control her (I mained C.Falcon in Melee), or perhaps some characters are just more prone to it than others.
I've tried to watch every brawl video I could find and it definitely seems that she trips the most. That or, everyone who has been playing her mained Falcon in melee or something more disgusting with their hands while playing. :urg:

Top Bottom