• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus's Moves Discussion "Currently on F-TILT"

BioDG

Smash Ace
*reads thread title*

Are we STILL talking about F-Tilt?

F-Tilt: I haven't gotten a chance to put in my two cents, but I have to say that I am getting some good use out of F-Tilt. I usually buffer it after an air dodge and it seems to work well with pushing back the opponent (As SFP said). If it's blocked, I just follow up with a jab or Neutral B if it's blocked to recover from the animation.

The cool down isn't the greatest, but I think its fast startup and "pushback" makes up for it. I used to think this move sucked, but it is quickly becoming one of my favorite moves.

--

Looks like we're on Jab now...so here are my thoughts.

Jab: As it has already been said, The first frame start-up of the first punch is what makes this move viable. Jab is a big part of my ZSS game. If Jab wasn't so quick at its first hit, ZSS would probably be a much, much tougher character to use.

Nefarious B: I'll take that into consideration. It makes a lot of sense, too. Marth seems to have quick startup and a good reach with many of his moves so I can see how Jab would be much less effective with him.

Side note: If I'm using any of these commonly used Smash Bros. jargon incorrectly, someone please let me know. I usually never use them in discussions so I'm still new towards figuring out their uses.

Zero

Smash Hero
Single jab is trash against almost everyone. Nearly everyone has an option to escape it. Marth's upb, MK's upb, Snake's own jab. I'm gonna experiment with double jab > cancel as at least most character's can only PS that.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Single jab is trash against almost everyone. Nearly everyone has an option to escape it. Marth's upb, MK's upb, Snake's own jab. I'm gonna experiment with double jab > cancel as at least most character's can only PS that.
I almost always finish to my 3rd jab first time I vs someone seeing if they powersheild our 3rd jab or attack out of it then after they sort of get the hang of it if its a taller character I can normally D-tilt afterward and miss their response

Zero

Smash Hero
OK Lucas can Fsmash DO ANYTHING out of jab cancelled jabx2. Don't try it. >.<

This leads me to believe that jab is completely awful now.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I've saw Dazwa using it alot to punish spot dogdes. Actually, its just one of the video's in the guide, just search it up.

Zero

Smash Hero
My current plan with jab is to use it to bait spotdodges, then safely cancel into a dtilt. It'll only really work since Australia is spotdodge happy atm and it's not going to change until people punish it better. Although I prefer charging a dsmash to punish spotdodges. Much more reward for the same risk.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Your current plan is what I usually do, Zero. I think it's a pretty good tactic and I don't get punished by it often if I exploit it well. And yeah, single jab sucks for the most part (though it's good for the occasional mix-up). Either way, yeah, Jabx2 is better.

I've never bothered trying to charge d-smash to bait spotdodges, though. It always seemed more risky to me. I may give it a shot now, though.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Any type of jab usage should have 1 purpose. To disrupt whatever your opponent was going to do, since it is so quick. EVERY CHARACTER IN THE GAME CAN PUNISH JAB, JABx2, AND JABx3. As such, this should not be a damage move, a punish move, or... much of anything. The mixup of doing jab or jabx2 is only good until your opponent(s) learn to punish it on reaction, which is possible.

Top Bottom